Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2013, 01:50 PM
  #1
Master Fan

 
Miss Cam's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Once Upon A Time
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,168
OUAT Spoilers & Speculation #99: The world's greatest legends join forces


credit: MaybeLove.
CAST
Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan
Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret
Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David
Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold
Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina
Jared Gilmore as Henry
Emilie de Ravin as Belle
Colin O'Donoghue as Captain Hook
Michael Raymond-James as Baelfire/Neal


CREW
Adam Horowitz, executive producer and writer
Jane Espenson, writer
Liz Tigelaar, writer
Andrew Chambliss, writer

promotional pictures of the cast
Comic Con Posters
Show Posters
Official Season Two Posters




Master storytellers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz ("Lost," "Tron: Legacy") invite everyone to join Emma Swan, Snow White, Prince Charming, Rumplestiltskin, Hook and the Evil Queen Regina as they travel through a portal on the Jolly Roger in an effort to reach Neverland and rescue Henry.

Welcome to Storybrooke, Maine, a small town that probably won't show up on your GPS, but it's a magical place to visit. Reality and myth merged after Emma broke Regina's curse, which had deprived the fairytale characters of their memories and trapped them in our modern world. When they finally regained their identities, our heroes were dismayed to discover that they weren't transported back to Fairy Tale Land. To make matters worse, Rumplestiltskin - aka Mr. Gold - decided to escalate his power struggle with Regina by introducing magic into the town. But this is our world, and magic always has a tendency to yield unfathomable consequences.

Nothing is more important than family, and these characters' bonds are as strong as the line between good and evil is blurry. Mary Margaret and Emma - mother and daughter reunited -- were sucked into a portal that transported them to what was left of Fairy Tale Land. It was there that they met Mulan and Aurora, who helped them evade Cora and Hook and enabled them to travel back to Storybrooke, reuniting them with Emma's father, David, and her son, Henry. But Cora and Hook found another portal into town, where Cora set about reuniting with her own daughter, Regina. Cora then attempted to find Mr. Gold's dagger in a play to take him down and become the Dark One herself. Hook had also aspired to kill Mr. Gold, not for power but for revenge. And Mr. Gold set out to find his son, Bae, which he did, in New York, with the aid of Emma and Henry. Much to everyone's surprise, Bae turned out to be Emma's former love, Neal, and Henry's father. Back in Storybrooke, Mary Margaret did something completely against her nature - she used dark magic to kill Cora - causing her own heart to darken. And Greg Mendell -- who saw magic in the town as a boy and believes Regina knows where he can find his father - along with his partner, Tamara, planned to eradicate magic completely from our world using a trigger that Regina had planted within her curse. During the struggle to save Storybrooke, Neal was shot by Tamara and fell through a portal to the Enchanted Forest -- barely alive - where he was found by Aurora, Mulan and Prince Phillip. Although their plan was foiled, Greg and Tamara kidnapped Henry and brought him through a portal to their "Home Office," believing that they might still be able to use him to destroy magic in all worlds. With the aid of Hook and his ship, Emma, Mary Margaret, David, Mr. Gold and Regina used the last magic bean to follow Henry, Greg and Tamara... to Neverland.

First order of business this season: save Henry. But Neverland is a much darker place than you remember, and in order for our heroes to accomplish their mission, they'll have to face a foe more powerful than the Dark One himself. What does Peter Pan want with Henry? Can our heroes put aside their differences and work together? Will Aurora, Mulan and Prince Phillip be able to nurse Neal back to health and reunite him with his family? New fairytale characters will be revealed and old acquaintances will be revisited. So think of a wonderful thought... because our Neverland's going to be a fever dream that just won't break.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Michael Raymond-James as Baelfire/Neal Cassidy, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.



UPCOMING EPISODES


3.01 The Heart of the Truest Believer

3.02 Lost Girl

3.03 Quite a Common Fairy

3.04 Nasty Habits

3.05 Good Form
3.06 Ariel


CASTING & GUEST STARS

SET PICS

Magazines and Press



SEASON 3 SPOILERS
  • Dina: I am going through Once Upon a Time withdrawals. Got any scoop on what to expect?
    A trip to a new land…possibly a permanent one! "They sort of set up that we are maybe heading to another land. They've teased that at the end of season two," Jennifer Morrison teases of season three. "I will be interested to see how we are all impacted by that new land. I think whenever we're in a place where everyone's relationships are impacted by their environment and it heightens the stakes for everyone, it becomes very interesting drama." Source
  • Question: Any intel on Once Upon a Time‘s casting of Peter Pan? —George
    Ausiello: The role of Peter Pan will be played by… a dude! “I can confirm that it will be a male playing the part,” exec producer Adam Horowitz tells TVLine. Beyond that, “Anything to do with that casting we don’t want to talk about, because that would be a big spoiler. Our approach to Peter Pan is one we’re super-excited about. Since Season 1, the Peter Pan mythology was something we wanted to do, but we couldn’t because of the rights issues. Once they were dealt with, we were able to finally go to town and open that world up. We started with Captain Hook, and we knew we wanted to build to what we’re about to do in Season 3.” Source
  • What’s going to happen to Storybrooke on Once Upon a Time? —Lauren
    NATALIE: Just because most of the ABC’s fairy-tale drama’s main characters went through a portal to Neverland does not mean we won’t be seeing Storybrooke next season. In fact, Emilie de Ravin, whose Belle has been left in charge of the town, confirms that she’ll continue to be a series regular in Season 3. The Lost alum also notes that even though Belle’s memories are allintact, it doesn’t mean she’ll write Mr. Gold off for his actions while she was Lacey. “She was going along with it though, so therefore you can’t blame him if you’re the one saying, ‘Kick that guy’s a—,” she says, noting that Belle will be devastated about his absence when the show returns. “But also she’ll gain her strength back and she’ll have to if she’s going to protect an entire town.” Source
  • Is it just me, or do you think Hook has feelings for Emma on Once Upon a Time? Any scoop on them would be awesome! –Kelley B
    You know my stance on the whole Emma thing: What guy wouldn’t? But where Hook is concerned, seeing as he’s now on a journey with two eligible bachelorettes, the Jolly Roger might transform into the Love Boat. “It’s probably about time he sort of found another love in his life,” Colin O’Donoghue shared with me at season’s end. “But if it was a toss-up between [traveling companions] Regina or Emma, I’m not sure exactly who he’d go for.” Given that Emma is currently reeling from the loss of Neal, “Maybe he’ll have fun with Regina, while he’s waiting for Emma,” the pirate’s portrayer ventures. “Who knows!” Source
  • Do you have any scoop on the "home office" on Once Upon a Time? — Jennie
    The home office wanted to destroy magic in our world, but that doesn't mean that Peter Pan isn't part of it. Speaking of the mysterious organization, executive producer Adam Horowitz promises pay-off. "We're going to explain pretty quickly what it is and how, as we showed in the finale, Greg and Tamara were unwittingly working for Peter Pan, and how that all connects." It was curious that they were so against magic, right? Source
  • Does Once Upon a Time plan on telling the current stories of the characters in Storybrooke, or will Season 3 focus on Neverland and the Enchanted Forest? –Ellie
    In case my previous scoopage on this subject did not reassure you that, as the headline said, “Storybrooke will not be forgotten,” I just confirmed that Emilie de Ravin is still a series regular for Season 3. Thus, it sounds like Belle will certainly have Maine events of her own to deal with back home.
    Will Once Upon a Time explain how Mulan and Aurora helped Phillip get his soul back from the wraith? –JJ
    Series cocreator Adam Horowitz confirms that yes, that burning question will be addressed during Season 3 — and likely on the sooner side, I reckon, since Jamie Chung and Sarah Bolger have midseason pilots (NBC’s Believe, ABC’s Mixology) to get to! Source.:
  • Question: Do you have any info on who will be Peter Pan in next season’s Once Upon a Time? —Wolf
    Ausiello: As we previously reported, the producers are hoping to keep the casting of Peter Pan under wraps — maybe with an eye on a big Comic-Con reveal? But while on the subject of Neverland, the ABC drama is also filling the heavily recurring role of Rufio, aka the teenage leader of the Lost Boys. The character, per lore, is described as forever youthful, mischievous and harboring a penchant for clever games — but behind his playful façade lurks a petulant child twisted enough to destroy anyone who crosses his path. King Joffrey, call your agent!
    Question: Plz plz plz let me know when Once Upon a Time Season 3 starts! I’m addicted to this series and can’t wait to find out what happens next. –Logan
    Ausiello: ABC — the last broadcaster to announce its fall premiere dates — isn’t in any rush to do so, so instead can I placate you with a plum piece of scoop? Sources tell me that Robin Hood will resurface in Season 3, but will be played by a different, yet-to-be-cast actor, seeing as Tom Ellis (Merlin) isn’t available for a recurring run. Who’s your pick to “rob” Ellis of his role? Anyone know what Matt Smith’s up to these days? Source
  • Tinker Bell's Turn
    Clap your hands if you believe in fairies, Once Upon a Time fans! And if you clap loudly enough, you might just get to meet Tinker Bell. With the action moving from Storybrooke to Neverland in Season 3, Peter Pan's favorite fairy is expected to play a significant role. In keeping with Once tradition, viewers will discover that Tink shares a surprising connection to one of the regulars. I do believe in fairies! I do! I do! Source
  • Question: Are the rumors true about Once Upon a Time introducing Tinker Bell? —Bonnie
    Ausiello: I’ll answer that question by describing to you the new character of Violet and letting you draw your own conclusions. How about that? Vi is a mischievous twentysomething whose penchant for troublemaking belies the heart of a true survivor. (Interesting side note, especially for Hook if she is Tinkerbell: She never lets a slight go unpunished!) Source :
  • Do you have any Regina-related scoop for Once Upon a Time Season 3? –ZsaZsa
    And how! With an eye on the upcoming run, series cocreator Adam Horowitz tells us, “We may find out that perhaps, just perhaps, there is a special someone out there for Regina.” Source
  • Peter Pan, a new Robin Hood, Lost Boys plural….. Should Once Upon a Time fans be worried that the main cast will be overshadowed by the Season 3 newbies? –Devin
    I wouldn’t worry. I mean, we knew Peter Pan was coming, and where theres’ Pan, there are Lost Boys in the background. And Robin Hood, I suspect, will play a role on whats going on in the Fairytale Land That Is, probably impeding Neal’s return “home.” As series cocreator Adam Horowitz told me (after I suggested they’d be giving Belle new friends there in Storybrooke), “There will be some new characters, but for the most part were going to be focusing on our core group of regulars from Seasons 1 and 2. If characters do come in, it will, at least at first, be more akin to how we used Robin Hood in Season 2.” Source
  • Will we get a definitive explanation of the Home Office on Once Upon a Time? — Pedro
    NATALIE: Yes, in the season premiere. "As we stated in the finale, Greg and Tamara don't know that they're working for Peter Pan," executive producer Adam Horowitz says. "So the Home Office is related to Pan, but that'll be cleared up pretty quickly." Oh, and it may have appeared that Ariel was in Storybrooke in that Comic-Con teaser, but the producers say that she'll actually be in Neverland. Source
  • How will they rescue Henry on Once Upon a Time? —Jennie
    NATALIE: Snow White and Prince Charming will find themselves trying to set a good and noble example for their daughter Emma when they head to Neverland, lest she turn to other means to get Henry back. "If the Queen's got a better way to get Henry that may break the law, so be it. It's prison rules," says executive producer Adam Horowitz. That will be difficult for Snow, who is still struggling with her blackened heart. "This year, it's about finding the hope," he adds. "It's the hope that Snow White always brought to us. She's the light. I think she's going to see a lot of darkness and realize that the best thing she can do is return the light to not just her, but to get daughter and her husband." Source
  • theOUATspoiler: Can you ask the Once Upon a Time creators for a clue to who Tinkerbell has the special connection with that they mentioned at Comic Con?
    Because we're in such a magical mood, we're going to sprinkle a little extra fairy dust on this answer! We recently caught up with the enchanted Once Upon a Time creators Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz and they spilled that the newly cast Tinkerbell will have a connection to not one, but two characters aboard the Jolly Roger! (Cue the applause!) The fellas revealed that the iconic fairy and our swoon-worthy Captain Hook have a complicated Neverland history together, but we're still left guessing at Tink's other tie-in. So who could it be? The obvious choice would be that she's in Rumplestilskin's magical Rolodex, but we think it's going to be a bit more twisted than that. (Perhaps she's Charming's ex-girlfriend?! We kid, we kid!) Source
  • Question: I’d like to know more about the new season of Once Upon A Time! –Joe
    Ausiello: Lost fans just might get a sense of Season 4 deja vu when the Jolly Roger drops anchor in Neverland, and its passengers ultimately face the decision of who to follow. “You’ve got five people on a ship who all think they’re leaders, so we’ll have to see how they react when they face their first obstacle,” series cocreator Eddy Kitsis hints. Adds Adam Horowitz, “Theres certainly some friction, but theres also a shared goal they have to achieve” — finding Henry. “The question is: Will they achieve it together, separately or at all?” Source
  • Do you have more details on Regina's love interest on Once Upon a Time? — Micah
    NATALIE: We'll meet her love interest very early on in the season, which presumably means that he or she hails from Neverland. "It's a side of the character of Regina we've only touched upon in the first two seasons," executive producer Adam Horowitz says. "We're excited to see more of that and more importantly to explore her capacity for love." Does anyone else think she could be paired with him? Source
  • I’d like some Once Upon a Time scoop — especially about the “Boy Who Never Grew Up.” –Mason
    You may be wondering, as I was, why Once‘s Peter Pan is a force “we all should fear”? (Or was Rumple overselling it?) “There’s a history between those two,” series cocreator Adam Horowitz affirms. “There is a big reason why he said if you’re going to be scared of someone, this is the guy to be scared of.” But there is also a degree of professional respect. “When you meet Pan, you’re going to see a very, very, very clever person,” says Eddy Kitsis. “And if there’s one thing Rumple admires, it’s somebody who has game.”
    Please help us, we are all dying here! What else can you say about Regina’s new love interest/”special someone” on Once Upon a Time? –Ana
    Fine, fine. I doubled back with the boys and Horowitz said that this “someone” “becomes a part of the show very quickly” – within the first five episodes – “but in a way that you don’t expect.” Source
  • Sasha: Any Once Upon a Time spoilers?
    We'll meet another one of Peter Pan's Lost Boys In episode 5: Devin, who has been in Neverland a long time and is extremely loyal to season 3's new big bad, but is competitive with his fellow boys as he's often overlooked. Green never looks good on anyone, Devin! Source
  • Question: Can we look forward to any substantial Snow/Emma scenes in Once Upon a Time Season 3? Also, is Snow finally going to get back to her warrior ways? –Christina
    Ausiello: Yes, and thus yes. As mom and daughter brave Neverland together while still adjusting to their family dynamic, “In a lot of ways, Mary Margaret may not be able to bond with Emma, but Bandit Snow and Emma have a lot in common,” notes cocreator Eddy Kitsis. Meaning, going up against Peter Pan and his Lost Boys will bring bow-toting Snow to the fore. “David and Mary Margaret last year were saying, ‘We are both,’” Kitsis reminds. “But this year it’s, ‘We need Snow and Charming.’ That’s what this mission requires.” Source
  • Will Once Upon a Time explain how Mulan and Aurora helped Philip get his soul back from the wraith, before they found an injured Baelfire? –JJ
    In a word, kinda. “We’ll hint at it, but we probably aren’t going to show that [back]story for a while,” says cocreator Eddy Kitsis. For one, it’s not like Neal has reason to raise it as a conversation topic. But more importantly, Kitsis explains, “One of the things about Season 3 is we’ve really tried to focus on the core characters, including the six people on that boat and Neal. We do eventually want to get to that [Philip/wraith] story, but we’re coming out of the gate with the people on that boat.”
    Is there any way that Once Upon a Time‘s Ariel and Regina already met? Assuming that the “certain mermaid” Regina referred to in Episode 1×12, “Skin Deep,” was Ariel? –Mirza
    I suspect you are onto something, though cocreator Adam Horowitz will only say that “we might” flash back to that aforementioned encounter during JoAnna Garcia’s turn as the Little Mermaid. Source.



OTHER SPOILERS


PAST THREAD
OUAT Spoilers & Speculation #98: "Can't answer."
__________________

Last edited by Miss Cam; 08-29-2013 at 12:52 PM
Miss Cam is offline  
Old 08-18-2013, 01:51 PM
  #2
Master Fan

 
baelfire24's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 20,944
To me, it sounds like a Rumpelstiltskin episode but it could be about another character.

If we go by past episodes, the fourth episode is usually a Rumpelstiltskin episode.

Season 1 - The Price of Gold (Rumpel-centric)

Season 2 - The Crocodile

Season 3 - Nasty Habits (maybe)?
__________________
''Be with the one that gets you. I mean that really gets
you, all the way to your toes, otherwise, what's the point.'' - Carly Corinthos (GH)

Hogwarts will always be your HOME

ic: 80s90sIsTheBest
Jason Morgan | Thor Odinson | Kate Kane {Batwoman} | Steffy & Bill | WestAllen Family | Rory + Jess {Their story is not over}
baelfire24 is offline  
Old 08-18-2013, 01:54 PM
  #3
Master Fan

 
Miss Cam's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Once Upon A Time
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 24,168
Yeah, as I said in the previous thread Adam confirmed that 3x04 was Rumpel-centric IIRC. 3x02 is Snowing and 3x03 is Regina, so makes sense that 3x04 is Rumpel. A recent article mentioned that 3x05 is the Ariel episode so that will probably be quite centered on her.
__________________
Miss Cam is offline  
Old 08-18-2013, 02:48 PM
  #4
Passionate Fan

 
Kelaine's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,842
Nasty Habits:

Hopefully, this won't refer to Rumple's bad habit (hopefully, in the past) of solving problems by increasing the body count.

Moraine is Tinkerbelle:

Oh, I hope so. Even if she sold out Bae and went to work for Pan, I'd love for her to show up.

Emma's Serving Time:

It is generally considered bad for a leader to run off and leave less guilty subordinates to suffer for his crimes. Now, Neal was conned by August. He was convinced (or allowed himself to be convinced) that--

1) Associating with Emma would ruin her life and destiny,

2) Before, he'd seen Emma as someone like him, an orphan with no one who needed him. August convinced him that Emma was a princess with a kingdom awaiting her return (more or less), not to mention parents named Snow White and Prince Charming. He let himself believe she didn't need him and that he was a threat to what she could have.

3) He could not stay close to Emma without meeting up with his dad.

I think 3 was the clincher.

But, I think it still matters that Neal believed he was a millstone around Emma's neck and would only drag her down. I think it also matters that he tried to give her all the money, keeping nothing for himself.

Emma's Crime:

Although the show's a little confused about what she served time for, if you ask me. Yes, she had ONE stolen watch around her wrist. It would have been hard to prove she KNEW it was stolen when it was given her. If she'd had the other watches, Neal couldn't have sold them to give her the money.

Of course, if they connected her to her past crimes, that's a different story. Although, except for the car, her criminal history seems to be shoplifting and spending a couple hours in a motel room after a family left but before housekeeping got there. That's usually stuff you have to catch someone in the act to convict them on or else get it on film.

But, this is TV land. Also, Emma was a teenager who'd just been betrayed by the one person she thought cared about her. She may have confessed to more than she should have to the police.
Kelaine is offline  
Old 08-18-2013, 03:17 PM
  #5
FAU
Master Fan

 
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 16,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)
To me, it sounds like a Rumpelstiltskin episode but it could be about another character.

If we go by past episodes, the fourth episode is usually a Rumpelstiltskin episode.

Season 1 - The Price of Gold (Rumpel-centric)

Season 2 - The Crocodile

Season 3 - Nasty Habits (maybe)?
That makes sense.
FAU is offline  
Old 08-18-2013, 07:12 PM
  #6
Master Fan

 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
Yeah, as I said in the previous thread Adam confirmed that 3x04 was Rumpel-centric IIRC. 3x02 is Snowing and 3x03 is Regina, so makes sense that 3x04 is Rumpel. A recent article mentioned that 3x05 is the Ariel episode so that will probably be quite centered on her.
It's 3x06 not 3x05.

Quote:
Once Upon a Time's sixth episode of the new season will be titled "Ariel" and introduces Reba fave JoAnna Garcia as the finned Disney princess from under the sea. Besides Reba, Garcia recently appeared on Royal Pains and last season's short-lived NBC sitcom Animal Practice.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upo...l-1069268.aspx

They said that between episodes one and five if I remember correctly that we will see Hook's backstory so that may be in episode 5. Interesting Hook's backstory may be the episode before Ariel's introduction and we're being introduced to Liam in 5 if I recall. Hmm... Eric being Hook's dad and Ariel his mother? Would make sense that if we're tackling Hook's backstory on how he became a pirate his father would be a character we would at least see in a flashback. His mother could be saved for a later reveal, especially if his mother has a story all on her own.

Talk about a twist on a tale and hasn't there always been hints that Rumple may be Ursula?

1) Skin Deep Regina says that she wants Rumple to deal with a certain mermaid. Also, Triton’s trident was in his castle along with Hook's hand.

2) Into the Deep Rumple talks about the only way to get the squid ink was to swim to the bottom of a bottomless ocean. The only way to get it was from a mermaid.

3) The Cricket Game Rumple discusses having moments with some sheep dog.

I also don't remember which episode is supposed to have Emma's bail bond skills, they never specified a range.

Last edited by Radames; 08-18-2013 at 07:19 PM
Radames is offline  
Old 08-18-2013, 07:36 PM
  #7
Elite Fan

 
Roswell Dream Girl's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 40,103
Thanks for the new thread!
__________________
when I let my hair down that's when the party starts
and who needs a boyfriend,
i've got my girlfriends
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Roswell Dream Girl is offline  
Old 08-18-2013, 09:38 PM
  #8
Master Fan

 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,517



Holy crap Rumple=Ursula theory maybe? Since 3x04 is Rumple-centric. The word is "squid ink""

This could potentially also explain why Killian and Rumple may have this huge rivalry. Not just because he's the crocodile but because he may in fact be the sworn enemy of his parents as well.

I mean we know why they have this rivalry already but it may be engraved in way more than we ever realized. Who knows, only a month to go now.

Last edited by Radames; 08-18-2013 at 10:14 PM
Radames is offline  
Old 08-18-2013, 09:56 PM
  #9
Loyal Fan
 
Violet Faust's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,934
Thank you for the thread.

Quote:
This could potentially also explain why Killian and Rumple may have this huge rivalry. Not just because he's the crocodile but because he may in fact be the sworn enemy of his parents as well.
The timeline is absolutely impossible for that. Hook was an adult BEFORE Rumple was the Dark One--ie. many many years after the events with Ursula. If Rumple is Ursula (or Regina is, the way Lana wants ) then the Ariel/Eric story necessarily takes place well after Hook's childhood. I suppose it isn't completely impossible if Zoso was Ursula (after all, Ursula was designed to be a man in drag), but I consider it a thousand-to-one shot.

As an aside, it baffles me why some Hook fans seem to want him to be
anyone (Peter Pan, Jack Sparrow, random pirate, now Ariel's son) except Captain Hook.

Quote:
3) The Cricket Game Rumple discusses having moments with some sheep dog.
Rumple had a sheep dog because he was a spinner. Of wool. Which comes from sheep.

Quote:
Nasty Habits:

Hopefully, this won't refer to Rumple's bad habit (hopefully, in the past) of solving problems by increasing the body count.
Uh-oh. You are probably on to something. But please let it be about habits = nuns = fairies. Wasn't there a recent interview in which Kitsowitz said we'd be learning more about Tink, Blue, and Nova? (And props to whoever called the three of them being the fairies from the Sleeping Beauty movie--that's looking pretty likely, IMO, if they all have a past together.)

Quote:
3) He could not stay close to Emma without meeting up with his dad.

I think 3 was the clincher.
This argument has never made sense to me. Staying close to Emma--and PREVENTING her from breaking the curse--would be the one and only way that Neal could guarantee that he would never have to face Rumple again. Rumple was safely neutralized as amnesiac Mr. Gold--out of the way. Forever. But the second the curse broke he would be hot on Neal's trail...as indeed he was.

Breaking up with Emma actually CAUSED Neal to meet his dad again--not the other way around.


From last thread:

Quote:
It really won't matter if Hook finds out because he did the same thing to NealFire so were would he have the room to have an opinion.
Sorry, I meant Henry finding out about Neal leaving/"betraying" Emma. Emma has so far really protected Neal on that subject; she took all the heat from Henry for lying to him, when she had the perfect defense. It's something that Neal has never really thanked her for either, though to be fair, it's very possible he doesn't know how she protected him. Henry thus really idolizes Neal at this point, and I think he's in for a gut punch when he learns that Neal is human and fallible too. Hence the idea that he could turn to Hook, not because he LIKES Hook in particular, but just to stick it to Neal.

Quote:
And unlike Emma NealFire's parents actually abandoned him her parents let her go to protect. And find it crap that even though she knows the truth about her parents and the truth about Neal Emma's selfish self still hangs on to the lies like a safety net and can't get over her poor is me crap like she's the only person that's had a hard life.
Could not disagree more with the last part. Emma has been ANYTHING but selfish; as I said above, she's let Neal into Henry's life and eased the way; she's done everything she could to keep Regina in Henry's life (when she's not being psychotic); and she almost never whines about her hard-knock life. She talks to Snow about it because they were best friends before they were mother and daughter, and Snow ASKS about it.

Quote:
Keck wrote the article about the Regina love story and in it there was a quote about Robin Hood. When he wrote on Twitter later he is not sure now it's Robin Hood my reaction in my gut was he was right with Robin Hood. But it was revealed too early. The writers want to make the fans guess longer.
It just doesn't make sense to me to me to try to pair Robin with Regina, for all the many reasons people have been giving for the last few weeks (most of which boil down to Robin + Marian = OTP for the last SIX HUNDRED YEARS ). Honestly I think the press heard "love interest" and jumped, so to speak, on the one age-appropriate male that we've heard of casting, setting aside the other possibilities (that the LI is a male who was already cast, a female, or someone they're keeping quiet or have cast for another role, cough, Naveen).

Quote:
I think Liam is Eric. Maybe he is not perfectly like the Eric in the Disney story. It's the Once Upon a Time story of Eric and Ariel.
I think Liam is Hook's dad but really, really doubt that he is Eric. The casting side is for a one-shot character; if he were Eric he would surely be recurring. Plus there is literally nothing in the description except dark hair and some connection to the sea that is similar to Eric. The fact that Liam is specifically British and in the Royal Navy makes me wonder if he is from our world and somehow made his way to FTL.

Although you are right that Once is pretty uninterested in the shmetails of the source material--they stripmined everything but the names from Frankenstein and Hook, so we can't rule it out that Liam is Eric. BUT it still seems, um, fishy that he would appear in the ep before Ariel does, and then never again.

Quote:
I'm sure Neal is going to arrive in Neverland sooner than some people think.
Can he pick up Belle along the way?

Quote:
I hope we get more Baelfire flashbacks. I really want to know what happened during those 200+ years and what happened to him when he returned to our world. The Shadow obviously could come to our world so there's a way they are connected.
Some of those years were lost in time travel through the portal, since he left 300 years in FTL's past but arrived in Wendy's world (which may or may not be the SB "world without magic") c. 1900. We definitely need to see more of Baelfire's tale (and soon, because Dylan is growing up fast; he's like a foot taller in SSttR than in Desperate Souls). One thing that has been bugging me a lot is that the curse brought everyone to this world in 1983--but Bae wasn't in this world in 1983. If Neal's wanted poster was remotely correct, and he was supposed to be physically about 22 in 2000, that means he started aging again no earlier than 1993. How did the curse know which world without magic to go to? (Remember, Jefferson said there was an infinite number of worlds and that plural worldsdidn't have magic.) Could Bae/Neal have followed the curse, and not the other way round?
Violet Faust is offline  
Old 08-18-2013, 10:16 PM
  #10
Passionate Fan

 
Kelaine's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Faust (View Post)

Uh-oh. You are probably on to something. But please let it be about habits = nuns = fairies. Wasn't there a recent interview in which Kitsowitz said we'd be learning more about Tink, Blue, and Nova? (And props to whoever called the three of them being the fairies from the Sleeping Beauty movie--that's looking pretty likely, IMO, if they all have a past together.)
Oh, right. Nun habits actually makes more sense. The odder titles have often leaned towards double meanings.

Quote:

This argument has never made sense to me. Staying close to Emma--and PREVENTING her from breaking the curse--would be the one and only way that Neal could guarantee that he would never have to face Rumple again. Rumple was safely neutralized as amnesiac Mr. Gold--out of the way. Forever. But the second the curse broke he would be hot on Neal's trail...as indeed he was.
If Neal really understood about the curse, he would understand that it would be wrong to stand in the way of it being broken. While Neal has weaknesses I don't think younger Bae had--younger Bae wouldn't have run out the back door when Emma showed up on his doorstep--leaving all the other people in SB to suffer under the curse forever wasn't in him.

Quote:
Sorry, I meant Henry finding out about Neal leaving/"betraying" Emma. Emma has so far really protected Neal on that subject; she took all the heat from Henry for lying to him, when she had the perfect defense. It's something that Neal has never really thanked her for either, though to be fair, it's very possible he doesn't know how she protected him. Henry thus really idolizes Neal at this point, and I think he's in for a gut punch when he learns that Neal is human and fallible too. Hence the idea that he could turn to Hook, not because he LIKES Hook in particular, but just to stick it to Neal.
Yeah, when Neal was asking Rumple if he knew what it was like to be abandoned, I wanted to pop in and say, "Nope, no idea. Hey, why don't we ask Emma?"
Kelaine is offline  
Old 08-18-2013, 10:23 PM
  #11
Obsessed Fan

 
koodles's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Faust (View Post)
Uh-oh. You are probably on to something. But please let it be about habits = nuns = fairies. Wasn't there a recent interview in which Kitsowitz said we'd be learning more about Tink, Blue, and Nova? (And props to whoever called the three of them being the fairies from the Sleeping Beauty movie--that's looking pretty likely, IMO, if they all have a past together.)
We did get a spoiler about an episode for the back stories of Blue Fairy, Nova and Tink but considering that 3.03 is called "Quite a Common Fairy" it seems like that's going to be the fairy back story episode. I don't think they will have any relation to Sleeping Beauty either. Sara Bolger is filming her new series in LA and Julien is posting pics on Instagram of traveling in Europe.

I think this episode is going to be focused on Rumple and his flashbacks. Hopefully Belle will be a part of it in someway.


Quote:
This argument has never made sense to me. Staying close to Emma--and PREVENTING her from breaking the curse--would be the one and only way that Neal could guarantee that he would never have to face Rumple again. Rumple was safely neutralized as amnesiac Mr. Gold--out of the way. Forever. But the second the curse broke he would be hot on Neal's trail...as indeed he was.

Breaking up with Emma actually CAUSED Neal to meet his dad again--not the other way around.
That's logical, but I don't think Neal was thinking about it that way. I think the main reason he left was because he thought he wasn't good for Emma and wanted her to reach her full potential. But he was really freaked out when August revealed that he knew he was Baelfire. I think he was just thinking of a way to get August away from him because there seemed to be that underlying threat that August might reveal his identity and location to Rumple.

Plus Neal, like his father, believes in fate. He knew that it was Emma's destiny to break the curse and one way or another she would end up doing it and he didn't want to be around when that happened.
koodles is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 12:24 AM
  #12
Master Fan

 
Rhonwen's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 15,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Faust (View Post)
Thank you for the thread.



The timeline is absolutely impossible for that. Hook was an adult BEFORE Rumple was the Dark One--ie. many many years after the events with Ursula. If Rumple is Ursula (or Regina is, the way Lana wants ) then the Ariel/Eric story necessarily takes place well after Hook's childhood. I suppose it isn't completely impossible if Zoso was Ursula (after all, Ursula was designed to be a man in drag), but I consider it a thousand-to-one shot.

As an aside, it baffles me why some Hook fans seem to want him to be
anyone (Peter Pan, Jack Sparrow, random pirate, now Ariel's son) except Captain Hook.



Rumple had a sheep dog because he was a spinner. Of wool. Which comes from sheep.



Uh-oh. You are probably on to something. But please let it be about habits = nuns = fairies. Wasn't there a recent interview in which Kitsowitz said we'd be learning more about Tink, Blue, and Nova? (And props to whoever called the three of them being the fairies from the Sleeping Beauty movie--that's looking pretty likely, IMO, if they all have a past together.)



This argument has never made sense to me. Staying close to Emma--and PREVENTING her from breaking the curse--would be the one and only way that Neal could guarantee that he would never have to face Rumple again. Rumple was safely neutralized as amnesiac Mr. Gold--out of the way. Forever. But the second the curse broke he would be hot on Neal's trail...as indeed he was.

Breaking up with Emma actually CAUSED Neal to meet his dad again--not the other way around.


From last thread:



Sorry, I meant Henry finding out about Neal leaving/"betraying" Emma. Emma has so far really protected Neal on that subject; she took all the heat from Henry for lying to him, when she had the perfect defense. It's something that Neal has never really thanked her for either, though to be fair, it's very possible he doesn't know how she protected him. Henry thus really idolizes Neal at this point, and I think he's in for a gut punch when he learns that Neal is human and fallible too. Hence the idea that he could turn to Hook, not because he LIKES Hook in particular, but just to stick it to Neal.



Could not disagree more with the last part. Emma has been ANYTHING but selfish; as I said above, she's let Neal into Henry's life and eased the way; she's done everything she could to keep Regina in Henry's life (when she's not being psychotic); and she almost never whines about her hard-knock life. She talks to Snow about it because they were best friends before they were mother and daughter, and Snow ASKS about it.



It just doesn't make sense to me to me to try to pair Robin with Regina, for all the many reasons people have been giving for the last few weeks (most of which boil down to Robin + Marian = OTP for the last SIX HUNDRED YEARS ). Honestly I think the press heard "love interest" and jumped, so to speak, on the one age-appropriate male that we've heard of casting, setting aside the other possibilities (that the LI is a male who was already cast, a female, or someone they're keeping quiet or have cast for another role, cough, Naveen).



I think Liam is Hook's dad but really, really doubt that he is Eric. The casting side is for a one-shot character; if he were Eric he would surely be recurring. Plus there is literally nothing in the description except dark hair and some connection to the sea that is similar to Eric. The fact that Liam is specifically British and in the Royal Navy makes me wonder if he is from our world and somehow made his way to FTL.

Although you are right that Once is pretty uninterested in the shmetails of the source material--they stripmined everything but the names from Frankenstein and Hook, so we can't rule it out that Liam is Eric. BUT it still seems, um, fishy that he would appear in the ep before Ariel does, and then never again.



Can he pick up Belle along the way?



Some of those years were lost in time travel through the portal, since he left 300 years in FTL's past but arrived in Wendy's world (which may or may not be the SB "world without magic") c. 1900. We definitely need to see more of Baelfire's tale (and soon, because Dylan is growing up fast; he's like a foot taller in SSttR than in Desperate Souls). One thing that has been bugging me a lot is that the curse brought everyone to this world in 1983--but Bae wasn't in this world in 1983. If Neal's wanted poster was remotely correct, and he was supposed to be physically about 22 in 2000, that means he started aging again no earlier than 1993. How did the curse know which world without magic to go to? (Remember, Jefferson said there was an infinite number of worlds and that plural worldsdidn't have magic.) Could Bae/Neal have followed the curse, and not the other way round?


Very good points.

I hope they don't ruin Rumple's timeline with making him have anything to do with Hook's past. Rumple wasn't the DO until both he and Hook were adults. Rumple was a simple spinner, yeah with sheepdogs..lol

I do worry that the Nasty Habits will mean the Rumple will go back to killing like he did before he met Belle. He may have no choice, but if he does anything similar to what happened with Regina, mass murder of a whole village. It will make it harder for him to be sympathetic. SO here's me hoping that the Nasty Habits will be something else. Maybe less horrific. Trusting others, manipulation, etc ?

Bae may have followed the curse. It could make sense.

Liam being Eric would make me doubt he's Regina's LI.

And now I see we're thinking Nuns Habits, which make more sense. Maybe we'll see why Rumple hates fairies so much. Childhood trauma, for him or Bae? Maybe Rumple's past he was denied help by the fairies because they only seem to help princesses, or others with a higher social standing. If they helped poorer children I imagine they would have stopped the Ogre Wars. SO maybe Rumple as a child asked for help, was denied and has a valid reason to hate them.
__________________
RumplestiltskinBelle. "Love only brought me pain. My walls were up. But you brought them down. You brought me home. You brought light into my life and chased away all the darkness" ~ Rumplestiltskin
Rhonwen is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 01:54 AM
  #13
Dedicated Fan
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Faust (View Post)
after all, Ursula was designed to be a man in drag
Slight correction: Ursula's design was based on a man in drag, but the character itself is not one.
Demileto is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 02:16 AM
  #14
Loyal Fan
 
Gwen107's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Faust (View Post)
Could not disagree more with the last part. Emma has been ANYTHING but selfish; as I said above, she's let Neal into Henry's life and eased the way; she's done everything she could to keep Regina in Henry's life (when she's not being psychotic); and she almost never whines about her hard-knock life. She talks to Snow about it because they were best friends before they were mother and daughter, and Snow ASKS about it.
I agree so much! Emma is not selfish and she never uses it as an excuse that she was left alone as a baby and that she had a hard life.

Quote:
Honestly I think the press heard "love interest" and jumped, so to speak, on the one age-appropriate male that we've heard of casting, setting aside the other possibilities (that the LI is a male who was already cast, a female, or someone they're keeping quiet or have cast for another role, cough, Naveen).
I don't understand the talk about Jafar. Was it said that he can be a love interest for someone on this show too? To me someone who we know will be on this show makes so much more sense than someone from the spin off!

If the Ariel episode is the sixth episode than it is true that Liam is maybe not Eric and maybe someone from Hook's past.
Gwen107 is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 04:30 AM
  #15
Master Fan

 
Rhonwen's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 15,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen107 (View Post)
I agree so much! Emma is not selfish and she never uses it as an excuse that she was left alone as a baby and that she had a hard life.


I don't understand the talk about Jafar. Was it said that he can be a love interest for someone on this show too? To me someone who we know will be on this show makes so much more sense than someone from the spin off!

If the Ariel episode is the sixth episode than it is true that Liam is maybe not Eric and maybe someone from Hook's past.
I think Liam is someone's from Hook's past, but not Eric, and maybe his father abandoned him because his mother is Ursula and he was trying to hide form her?

There is so many speculations right now.. this is fun

And actually if that were the case then Hook's dad would have fled and left his son the same as Rumple's making them kindred spirits. It would make sense
__________________
RumplestiltskinBelle. "Love only brought me pain. My walls were up. But you brought them down. You brought me home. You brought light into my life and chased away all the darkness" ~ Rumplestiltskin

Last edited by Rhonwen; 08-19-2013 at 04:46 AM
Rhonwen is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
once upon a time, spoilers


Forum Affiliates
Spoilers Guide
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:46 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.