Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2017, 06:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
So I get they went to a realm where time move differently after Gideon went to elf college ok but it doesn't explain the 18 years unless gold went back in time when he met Alice
I thought the flashbacks were beautiful (and I was afraid of the death) but yeah I'm also very confused about how it worked timewise. Even by the show's standards it's a bit weird.

The episode was great. The fbs were moving and cheesy but the darker HH story made it work well. And they really should have done Halloween eps before, it's such a perfect opportunity.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it was a good episode. I just need a episode on the 18 years, I'll be good
Old 10-28-2017, 07:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Still. Not. Over. This. Episode.

Belle was the first Disney Princess I grew attached too. A bookworm, like me. Watching Gold and Belle through SIX seasons of ups and downs.

Now one of my all time favorite characters is dead.

I mean she had a great life. This was her ultimate happy ending. Gold will reunite with her, and it will be heartwarming and heartbreaking when he finally does.

I'm glad we got to see Gideon again. Free from the Black Fairy and her control. From going to all that fancy college with all those books, it's clear he got his mom's super smarts

Now that Gideon is an adult, I wonder if he can still cross back into other realms. Clearly he must know that Gold got taken by Victoria's curse.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Anyway, I cannot support the idea of Henry and Ivy. Because 1. He’s cursed, and 2. She’s his wicked step-sister-in-law.
If he and Ella really are married, it's disturbing. But, a curse doesn't stop people from being stupid. The show runners seem to have different taboos regarding sex than normal society. They had no problem with sisters sharing the same man, they had no problem with Emma being with a monkey man. Last night that scene between Henry and Ivy was a carbon copy of the scene between Whale and Mary Margaret at the end of The Shepherd in season 1. Next week, there will be a vase of flowers on Ivy's desk.If you want to play fan excuse bingo, maybe on a subconscious level maybe Ivy reminds Henry of Violet. They are physically a lot alike. By the winter finale we are going to find out how the curse was cast and we should know more about the relationships by that time.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
They had no problem with sisters sharing the same man, they had no problem with Emma being with a monkey man.

One, Regina and Zelena DID NOT share Robin. Zelena tricked him into believing she was Maid Marian, so that she could put the screws on Regina. Two, "Monkey Man" began as a human being, whom Zelena transformed into a monkey.

By the way, I noticed that the previews revealed that the next episode will be about Tiana. Will her backstory be set in the 1920s, like the Disney film? It wouldn't be the first for "Once Upon a Time".

Quote:
The Dark Fairy was more competent when she created her curse than whoever created this one, because it the key to keep people from remembering is keeping them apart, than this is failing miserably because they all keep finding each other.

Perhaps this is why Victoria will try to scatter them as much as possible.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.

Last edited by DR76; 10-28-2017 at 10:36 AM
Old 10-28-2017, 10:29 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
One, Regina and Zelena DID NOT share Robin. Zelena tricked him into believing she was Maid Marian, so that she could put the screws on Regina. Two, "Monkey Man" began as a human being, whom Zelena transformed into a monkey.
You're welcome to your opinion. It doesn't change the fact that the writers are not as fascinated with the sexual relationships between the characters as the fans. There is little doubt where Henry and Ivy were heading last night. It's the same place that Whale and Mary Margaret were headed. It's likely the same place Cora and Rumple ended up at one point and likely Golden Queen last season. I don't know if you watched 6a, but it was pretty clear that something was going on between them. My point was that the writers don't see those kinds of things as making or breaking a couple. A one night stand between Ivy and Henry is not going to be a deal breaker if Henry and Cinderella are end game. The audience often has hang ups not shared by the writers.

ETA
Walsh was a monkey when he and Emma were together. He was using a glamor spell to make him look like his former self, but he couldn't transfer at will. At least, that was my understanding.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:00 PM
Absolute Fan

Henry/Ivy makes little sense from Henry's POV, given that he feels something for Jacinda and has yet to act on that. I could see if Jacinda rejected him, in which case, hooking up with Ivy would makes sense. But as it stands, the only angle that works is Ivy reading more into things and developing unrequited feelings. That would create a dynamic more reminiscent of canon but wouldn't exactly be the most inspired or interesting choice, particularly for this show.

Overall, I really like this episode though. Alice became a lot more interesting and likable to me and I'm no Rumbelle fan but what an affecting last scene that was between them. Robert is just so good.

I'm looking foward to next week with Regina seeing the pic of her and Henry. Also, interested in seeing Tiana's backstory. I like that she apparently desires (or desired?) love/romance. (Again, that may seem stereotypical or trite but it's quite refreshing to see with a black princess/woman character.)

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 10-28-2017 at 12:05 PM
Old 10-28-2017, 02:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Never been a fan of triangles or adultery plots, so really, really hope that the writers don't venture there with Henry and Ivy. Meh.

But considering how starry eyed Ivy was at the end of this last ep, as she stared at Henry over their drinks, I hope that it's just her who misreads Henry's intentions / the situation, and that he is just offering friendship, nothing more. I really don't want to see the two of them have some sort of "fling". Especially since we all know that he's married to Jacinda, and Lucy is their child.
Penny Dreadful "Demimonde of Shadows":http://archiveofourown.org/series/498457
Once Upon a Time Killian / Emma series: https://archiveofourown.org/series/69753

Last edited by earthspirits; 10-28-2017 at 03:44 PM
Old 10-28-2017, 05:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Henry/Ivy makes little sense from Henry's POV, given that he feels something for Jacinda and has yet to act on that. I could see if Jacinda rejected him, in which case, hooking up with Ivy would makes sense. But as it stands, the only angle that works is Ivy reading more into things and developing unrequited feelings. That would create a dynamic more reminiscent of canon but wouldn't exactly be the most inspired or interesting choice, particularly for this show.

Overall, I really like this episode though. Alice became a lot more interesting and likable to me and I'm no Rumbelle fan but what an affecting last scene that was between them. Robert is just so good.

I'm looking foward to next week with Regina seeing the pic of her and Henry. Also, interested in seeing Tiana's backstory. I like that she apparently desires (or desired?) love/romance. (Again, that may seem stereotypical or trite but it's quite refreshing to see with a black princess/woman character.)
It doesn't make sense from his point of view. Except that the curse has him afraid to fall in love again because he thinks his family died. Where there dates on the headstone? I wonder how long Henry thinks he has been a widower? I'm hoping Ivy/Henry is a non event or one sided.
I'm extremely excited about Tiana's back story next week.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

Look what I found. This is apparently from Bex's instagram stories.

Here's another post without the zoom where the text is a little clearer. Just click on the second pic and the script is at the bottom of the pic.

It looks like Zelena's cursed name is Kelly.

I was able to get a little better zoom on my phone. This appears to be a conversation between she and Eloise, who I'm guessing is the witch. Maybe someone with a better zoom can make out more than I can, but here is what I got.

"oh but...
"do. I've..."
"And with th..."
"can all do..."
"together. We..."
"harming a hair..."
"You can have every..."
"You and your sister..."
"heroes."

KELLY
(beat; absorbs; then -
"What's the catch?"

ELOISE
Yes, that
(smiles; a devil with...
deal)
"There's just one tee...
thing you need to....

END

Last edited by sherry02; 10-28-2017 at 08:59 PM
Old 10-28-2017, 08:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks. Kelly as in Kelly Green? I think the Witch is Eloise.
If anyone is curious, the way I was, about who played 10 year old Gideon last night. It was the same actor who played him in Season 6. A plus for continuity, in this case.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lol, to be fair Kelly was one of the names Zelena originally wanted to name baby Robyn. "kelly, hunter, pistachio"
Old 10-29-2017, 09:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Oh my! Do they burn down Mr. Clucks?
Old 10-29-2017, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

Still no idea who this mystery woman is, who shows up in the mid season finale, and is related to someone.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:29 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
It doesn't make sense from his point of view. Except that the curse has him afraid to fall in love again because he thinks his family died. Where there dates on the headstone? I wonder how long Henry thinks he has been a widower? I'm hoping Ivy/Henry is a non event or one sided.
I'm extremely excited about Tiana's back story next week.
Yes, I agree that he is afraid. And I think I read something from the writers about how Ivy has less baggage. Still, I don't think it'd make much sense because he'd still be opening himself up romantically/sexually to another person and Ivy's connection to Jacinda/Lucy would actually qualify as baggage to me, or at least it makes such a hook up unnecessarily messy. Basically, it does Henry no favors, though I know these writers have often been willing to sacrifice character integrity for drama. And now I'm annoyed just thinking about how likely it is that they will taint Henry and Henry/Ella...somehow.