Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2017, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the TVLine spoilers.

Once Upon a Time star Colin O'Donoghue on seeing different side of Hook
Quote:
It’s the episode fans of Once Upon a Time have been waiting for basically since the reboot was announced.

As previously revealed, Friday’s Hook-centric hour features the return of Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan for what the producers are calling “an emotional curtain call.” The question that’s been plaguing fans is what Colin O’Donoghue’s continued presence on the show means for the fate of Emma Swan. Well, fans will definitely get an answer this week when Emma, Regina (Lana Parrilla), and Hook answer Henry’s (Andrew J. West) call for help, landing them in this different version of the Enchanted Forest.

“We’ll get to see what has happened with Hook and Emma up to that point, and how their relationship has progressed,” O’Donoghue tells EW. “We also see Hook interact with older Henry, but we might see him interact with him in a different kind of way. We’ll see a different side of Hook, which I think will be interesting to people and they won’t expect.”

O’Donoghue is coy to offer more details on the hour, again stressing he doesn’t want fans to be spoiled on the finer points of the hour. But he does address whether his Hyperion Heights counterpart Rogers actually recognized Emma from the storybook in the premiere: “It’s a false memory that’s being jogged more than anything,” O’Donoghue teases. “It’s more of a spark of recognition. I think that he’s not entirely sure who it is, but there’s something there that he can’t shake.”

For now, Rogers will have a very different hurdle to face after being promoted to detective and being partnered with Weaver (Robert Carlyle), a.k.a Hook’s frenemy Rumplestiltskin. However, they might find common ground since both men are searching for someone, though whether it’s the same person remains to be seen. “Their relationship throughout the whole history of the show has been very, very complicated and there’s been a lot of anger and hatred there,” O’Donoghue says. “What you will see is two people trying to work together with a level of mistrust, and they probably shouldn’t be working together, but they have to. Rogers has a very, very clear-cut agenda and something that he wants to achieve or figure out in much the same way Weaver does. Neither really discuss it with each other at all. They’re withholding things from each other yet trying to work as closely together as they possibly can.”

Their working dynamic is made more complicated when they’re tasked by Victoria (Gabrielle Anwar) to push Henry out of Hyperion Heights — another clue Weaver may be in the pocket of the big bad. “Rogers doesn’t like it, but understands it,” O’Donoghue says. “That’s the pirate element of who he was — without him knowing it. The lines get blurred a little bit for Rogers at times. If there’s something that he needs to achieve, he won’t intentionally do the wrong thing, but he can dance on either side of that line. He knows that Weaver is the more senior detective. Rogers very much wants to find this person that he’s seeking. He’s hoping that by working with Weaver, he can do that, so he’s willing to bite the bullet and go along for the ride.”

Once Upon a Time airs Fridays at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread. Love the title choice.

So the twenty-something coming in is related to someone we know? I wonder if it will be Lady Tremaine's other daughter, Anastasia, who is the LGBT one, and her mother had no use for her since she wanted to marry a daughter off to the prince?

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

I really really want to see CS with their baby at the end of the episode.

I am happy that it sounds like at least with Eddy that just cause Emma is not on the show anymore, it does not mean CS will evaporate as it sounds like CS will still play a role on the show post 7x02 through Rogers storyline.

As for the female character coming in. All signs point to Robyn and it will be the second half of the LGBT pairing. She comes in with her mother Zelena in the winter finale.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the interview. Something is happening that I didn't expect. I care about Rogers. I care about him a lot.

I am very curious about the new character who is related to someone and a li for someone else.

ETA
I wonder what Colin means about it being a false memory and I wonde r who he and Weaver are each looking for as part of the unsolved cases?

Last edited by kristi_adela; 10-12-2017 at 02:20 PM
Old 10-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

Not impossible for it to be Robyn, but they'd have to explain why she has aged so fast. She should be 14 years younger than Henry. I think it's more likely to be Anastasia since they are doing a version of the the Cinderella story. Robyn isn't relevant to anyone's story other than Zelena's and she's not even a main character this year.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

Old 10-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Passionate Fan

What every adult child wants to hear their parent say after not seeing them for 6 years, I'm replacing you with a younger model? This show is as gentle as a lead pipe over the head. She really isn't even going to ask him what's been going on in his life? That scene is about as graceful as the one where David opens the door to Emma and a 6 months pregnant Snow walks down the stairs. That's not how it's done in real life. But, I guess when you only have 41 minutes to tell a story, the characters can't afford to find the right moment.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

From yesterday's filming:

Old 10-12-2017, 04:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Yaaay new sneak peek.

Tongue tied Killian is EVERY THING! and I never knew how much I was gonna miss Emma until now.

Killian mentioned that Emma was still the Savior, I wonder how much her abilites could be need post Black Fairy? The woman needs a break. Hasn't she been...savoiring SB now for what....15 or so years?
Old 10-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm25 (View Post)
Yaaay new sneak peek.

Tongue tied Killian is EVERY THING! and I never knew how much I was gonna miss Emma until now.

Killian mentioned that Emma was still the Savior, I wonder how much her abilites could be need post Black Fairy? The woman needs a break. Hasn't she been...savoiring SB now for what....15 or so years?
I think it's an honorary title to call her the savior at this point. Are they catfishing Henry by sending the other Hook? Henry's right, he isn't behaving like his usual self. I hope they didn't send not Hook to answer Henry's SOS. That would be like adding insult to injury.

I love all the filming photos that are coming out. I think I'm going to really like the dynamic between Rogers and Weaver. No wonder Colin is so excited about this season.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

You know Hook2 might have already captured Hook. I hadn"t thought of that but they are both in that scene. So maybe Hook escapes and joins them. He is acting weird like James when posing as David. Or maybe it's Cora in disguise.

I really liked Rogers. Colin does earnest well. His storyline sounds really intriguing.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Emma's ticklish lol
Old 10-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
You know Hook2 might have already captured Hook. I hadn"t thought of that but they are both in that scene. So maybe Hook escapes and joins them. He is acting weird like James when posing as David. Or maybe it's Cora in disguise.

I really liked Rogers. Colin does earnest well. His storyline sounds really intriguing.
Or it could be Lady Tremaine using a glamour spell!
Old 10-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
Or it could be Lady Tremaine using a glamour spell!
Old 10-12-2017, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bitty bopitty boo. Tremaine does still have the wand lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread