Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2017, 01:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I don't buy it.
But, haven't you heard? Everyone knew he would eventually make detective because he was at the top of his class in Clone School. You can't deny that evidence. It's right there on his certificate.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

I doubt he came from Kamino.

If the republic wanted more clone troopers, why not just use the same DNA from jango fett?

And the first order don't even use clones in the new trilogy. That explains Finn.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
Maybe his future is going back to our Killian and fusing back with him and enjoying his HEA with Emma after the mission is done.
It's canon that they can't fuse we saw that with Regina and the Evil Queen. They can share the darkness, but they can't remerge. We saw that in season 6. Technically, they can't be killed either because then the original would die. It just doesn't seem fair to create NotHook and give him no chance at a real future just to preserve one happy ending. And why not clone others as well? Why no Snow or Charming or Emma clones? is there something about the Charming family that prevents cloning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I doubt he came from Kamino.

If the republic wanted more clone troopers, why not just use the same DNA from jango fett?

And the first order don't even use clones in the new trilogy. That explains Finn.
The Empire quickly stopped using clones as well. That's why the Stromtroopers have slight variations in height and weight. I think they realized the clones were not that stable. Some of them rejected Order 66 and joined the Rebellion. It's all canon to the Once universe, because they are all technically part of the same Disneyverse. I doubt a bean could get them to Kamino and I think the clone facility was destroyed anyway. But, David was afraid of falling through a portal to Asgard, so anything is possible.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's canon that they can't fuse we saw that with Regina and the Evil Queen. They can share the darkness, but they can't remerge. We saw that in season 6. Technically, they can't be killed either because then the original would die. It just doesn't seem fair to create NotHook and give him no chance at a real future just to preserve one happy ending. And why not clone others as well? Why no Snow or Charming or Emma clones? is there something about the Charming family that prevents cloning?
Only problem with your statement is that this Hook would not be created using the serum. He's not being separated into good and bad personas. The logic of the serum in S6 is thrown out the window with this scenario.

If call sheets are to be believed he's called "Wish Hook"(that's not what the characters will call him, just like WR Hook was not called "old hook" even though that is what was said in call sheets and scripts") which going by the name means he was created by a wish. From who, who knows however because of that potential scenario it can explain that he will either disappear once the mission is complete, he goes back to our Killian's body and fuses back with him, or he dies.

I think the remerging scenario would probably be best, as the timeline would have to correct itself.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

Creating a wish Hook doesn't create an alternate timeline. If so, wish Robin would have created one.

Looks like the Charming's loft was recycled into Roni's.

Last edited by Austenphile; 08-30-2017 at 02:44 PM
Old 08-30-2017, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

It's okay if you guys have your doubts but the rules of the serum and S6 do not apply in this potential scenario.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

I don't buy the clone theory. But even if I did, cloning someone doesn't create an alternate timeline unless you are implying the clone is going to time travel and change the past?
Old 08-30-2017, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
It's all canon to the Once universe, because they are all technically part of the same Disneyverse. I doubt a bean could get them to Kamino and I think the clone facility was destroyed anyway. But, David was afraid of falling through a portal to Asgard, so anything is possible.
Now you're just pulling my leg.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

Seems 7x05 is Tiana centric, hmm much like Aladdin was 6x05. Disney centric episode 5. We all know how Aladdin flopped despite big promotion for the episode. Aladdin is a much more popular property then Princess and the Frog, so not sure that's such a good thing.
Quote:
I don't buy the clone theory. But even if I did, cloning someone doesn't create an alternate timeline unless you are implying the clone is going to time travel and change the past?
It does create two timelines because two of the same person are walking around so that has to be corrected down the line.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
It's okay if you guys have your doubts but the rules of the serum and S6 do not apply in this potential scenario.
Here is a list of reason why a copy of Hook makes no sense

# 1 Just because you say so? That doesn't make it true.

#2 The characters have never just been able to wave their hands and create another person?

#3 That doesn't answer the question of why copy Hook? Why not Emma or Snow or Charming? Someone who is biologically related to Henry and Lucy? The logical answer is because those actors are never coming back. But, this theory is not based on logic. So, there has to be a reason why the Charming line can't be duplicated. What makes them special and unique? We have never had a copy of Emma, but Snowing appeared as copies
in the wish world. So, other versions of them exist. Why not copy one of them?

#4 From a storyline angle, Hook makes the least sense.

#5 If the copy is based on DNA, why does it have a missing hand? That is not a birth defect. The missing limb is not a part of Hook's DNA.

#6 So is it a photo copy? If so, how is it infused with a soul? If it has no soul, then why does it matter?

#7 If it is something physically split from Hook like the Evil Queen last season, is it a duality? If so, which is the Evil Hook?

#8 The writers would have to create a whole mythology for one character and they don't have time to do that. They have 10 characters to write for.

#9 Not to mention, they have repeatedly said their are no AU versions of Hook, Regina and Rumple. These are our versions of the characters. What you are suggesting is not out Hook, Regina and Rumple.

#10 Your only proof is a vague promise from Colin that Hook and Emma are Happy. I don't think that was a lie, but I don't think it represents the whole picture.

This is much more than I want to say on the subject.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Seems 7x05 is Tiana centric, hmm much like Aladdin was 6x05. Disney centric episode 5. We all know how Aladdin flopped despite big promotion for the episode. Aladdin is a much more popular property then Princess and the Frog, so not sure that's such a good thing.
Greenbacks title gave it away.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It does create two timelines because two of the same person are walking around so that has to be corrected down the line.
That's not two timelines. That's one timeline with 2 versions of the same person. Unless one of them time traveled.

Quote:
Robin Givens has been tapped to play Tiana’s mother on Once Upon a Time, EW has learned exclusively.

As previously announced, Mekia Cox joins the ABC fairy tale drama as Princess and the Frog heroine Tiana, who’s among a quintet of new faces appearing in the show’s rebooted seventh season.

Givens, who currently costars on Riverdale, will pop up in at least one episode as Eudora, a loving mother to Tiana and benevolent noblewoman. Formerly wealthy, now facing financial disaster, she handles the transition with grace and inner moral strength.

Weeks prior to Givens’ casting, Cox actually met her TV mom-to-be in the elevator at their hotel in Vancouver, where the Head of the Class alum is currently shooting Riverdale. “I had come from the grocery store, and there was this woman waiting for the elevator, but I didn’t really see her,” Cox says. “We got on the elevator and I turned and said, ‘Oh, hi! I know you.’ She was like, ‘Oh?’ I know I probably scared her. I was like, ‘I think you’re great.’ ‘Oh, thank you,’ and she looked at my grocery bags and she was like, ‘That’s normally me.’ I was like, ‘I need my own groceries, I can’t eat out every day.’ We had a fun little moment with each other and that was that. Then I came to set and found out she was going to be playing my mother, so when I re-met her, she was like, ‘It’s nice to meet you,’ and I was like, ‘Well, it’s re-meeting because I’m the girl from the elevator.’ She was as excited as I was at that time. She’s the sweetest woman, she’s very down to earth and it’s really awesome getting to work with her and play her daughter.”

Last edited by Austenphile; 08-30-2017 at 03:34 PM
Old 08-30-2017, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
That's not two timelines. That's one timeline with 2 versions of the same person. Unless one of them time traveled.

yes but they both go on different paths so down the line it has to be put back onto one path. That is what I mean.

Quote:
Greenbacks title gave it away.
Yet some thought it was Tremaine centric.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

I'll admit I thought of Lady Tremaine and dollars when I heard greenbacks. It's a more popular word for $ than frogs after all. But I don't care my theory was wrong. Now, I just hope the Prince Kevin Ryan is playing is not a white washed version of Naveen. That's taking the casting director's obvious "type" and hiring of almost identically looking dark haired men way too far.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I'll admit I thought of Lady Tremaine and dollars when I heard greenbacks. It's a more popular word for $ than frogs after all. But I don't care my theory was wrong. Now, I just hope the Prince Kevin Ryan is playing is not a white washed version of Naveen. That's taking the casting director's obvious "type" and hiring of almost identically looking dark haired men way too far.
Going from filming he's probably a shady prince alining with Tremaine and Drusilla. Not Naveen, I kind of think Naveen haas already been cast but it's being kept under wraps.

Or he's the prince charming for cinderella before Henry gets into the picture.

Yeah if they do Tiana's LI as a white guy I 100% expect a very big backlash as Naveen is a POC and a very important representation just like Tiana.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread