Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2017, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

They specifically talk about the future of the show depending on the new characters and the audience investing in them. They specially said that if it goes on for more years it will be about telling stories about the new characters.

That point blank says that s8 and onward would focus on the new characters. Hook, Rumple, and Regina are not new characters. They will leave at the end of this season. It's clear as day, this is what is called a transitional season. And Colin said at meet and greets same as Bobby that this is his last season.

The writing is clearly on the wall and the reboot much like all reboots will epically fail.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
The statement Dungey made (listed below) does not say it's the last year or transitional. That's just an interpretation. I will believe Lana is leaving when she publicly announces it's her last year. Same with Colin and rumors from a meet and greet do not count. They might leave and they might not. Robert has said he has something lined up. The others have not.

'Once Upon a Time' could run for 'multiple years,' per ABC chief
Thank you for the quote. She sounds cautious, but extreamly excited as well. The show has proved that it can go on even with major cast leaving. It sounds to me like they at least are planning on an 8th season. Maybe that 8th season will be the last. Maybe not. Maybe it will include Colin and Robert and maybe not. Coln and Robert are not a deal breaker to me. They likely are not to ABC or even to the industry. TCA is not a fan event. They aren't there to hold the hands of the fans. It's an industry event. They are there to sell the show to the industry and reasured them its going to be great. D23 and Comic Con were the fan events.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Loyal Fan

The show already IS about the new characters this season. Season 8 would be no differnet than this. The central story is adult Henry, Cinderella and their daughter being seperated and then reunited. The other characters- old or new - are playing a role in that bigger story, but it's no longer about them as it was before in previous seasons. But if you want to believe so desperately that it'll fail anway I don't understand what it matters to you if more actors would leave or not. According to you it will not matter anyway so what's the point.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:55 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
I was angry they made Arthur a villain he wasn't supposed to be. I'm not saying I want this to happen but with those writers, we neverknow. I'm still asking myself what were they smoking when they thought Zelena sleeping with Robin and mothering his child was a good idea.
That whole story with Marian/Robin/Zelena rivals killing off Neal as the absolute worst twist these writers have ever penned. It was deadful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinutesToMidnight (View Post)
The show already IS about the new characters this season. Season 8 would be no differnet than this. The central story is adult Henry, Cinderella and their daughter being seperated and then reunited. The other characters- old or new - are playing a role in that bigger story, but it's no longer about them as it was before in previous seasons. But if you want to believe so desperately that it'll fail anway I don't understand what it matters to you if more actors would leave or not. According to you it will not matter anyway so what's the point.

I admit that I would be a bit sad about Robert or Lana leaving, as they were always the highlight of the show for me. But Hook hasn't been interesting to me in a long time so I wouldn't be all that sad about the show going on without him. Really, I would still watch regardless of who goes, as long as the stories/characters are interesting.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:04 PM
Loyal Fan

If they get another season and Henry stays the main character for it then the most important one who should stay for me is Regina because of their relationship and because I think she is close to Jacinda and to Lucy even when she is cursed too.

With Robert I thought he would leave after the sixth season and I am only happy he is staying for one more. With Hook I do not care as much. But if it stops the contant negativity talk and if it is what Colin wants it is okay for me if he leaves even if the series goes on for another year.

Will ‘Once Upon a Time’ Reset Be Renewed for Season 8? | TVLine
Old 08-06-2017, 01:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
They specifically talk about the future of the show depending on the new characters and the audience investing in them. They specially said that if it goes on for more years it will be about telling stories about the new characters.

That point blank says that s8 and onward would focus on the new characters. Hook, Rumple, and Regina are not new characters. They will leave at the end of this season. It's clear as day, this is what is called a transitional season. And Colin said at meet and greets same as Bobby that this is his last season.

The writing is clearly on the wall and the reboot much like all reboots will epically fail.
That is your complete and biased opinion. Of course the future of the show depends on the new characters. Every season of Once depends, in part on new characters. Hook was once one of those new characters and look how that turned out? After this season, the characters won't be new. Henry isn't new. You have not made any secret out of the fact that you think the show will fail. Nothing said today supports that idea though.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

eta

Last edited by Austenphile; 08-06-2017 at 01:57 PM
Old 08-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |

Last edited by Koda; 08-06-2017 at 02:14 PM
Old 08-06-2017, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

Old 08-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

Given that Regina meets Henry again for the first time in an EF2 flashback and he's all grown up and she hasn't seen him as an adult, I think my theory about time moving differently in EF2 is probably right. That would mean very little time could have passed in Storybrooke after Henry left it, which was four years or so after the events of S6? Something like that. Explains Rumple, Regina and Hook not aging much, whereas for Henry, more than ten years have passed.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

So clearly what hook is feeling a loss for is the separation from Emma and probably his child. So he has something to fight to get home too. The only way this will work is if at the end of this we see him go home to them. So they better bring JMO back because this storyline will be for nothing if we don't see their reunion. His reunion with what he lost.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

We already know that there are realms where time stays the same for certain periods. Cruella came from an eternal 1920's jazz London, and Alice was from forever Victorian England. Why not have Storybrooke stuck in time too? That's how it was for 28 years before Emma arrived.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:25 PM
Absolute Fan

So Regina and Henry won't remember each other, after all?

Not much on Rumple but I do hope we get some great Henry/Rumple scenes as well.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:30 PM
Elite Fan

Once Upon a Time Is Changing Everything (but Keeping Happy Endings) With Season 7 Reboot - IGN
Quote:
Once Upon a Time is launching a creative reboot with its upcoming seventh season. Jumping into the future with a new story following an adult Henry Mills (Andrew J. West), a new "story book" and a new evil curse, Season 7's premiere is in many ways a new pilot.

Several notable actors made the jump from Season 6 to Season 7, including Lana Parilla and Colin O'Donoghue, but they will be playing new twists on familiar characters. The two stars joined West, Dania Ramirez, Gabrielle Anwar and showrunners Adam Horowitz and Eddie Kitsis at the 2017 summer TV Critics' Association press tour to talk about how the show is changing heading into the new season -- and what very, very important element stays the same.

One of the biggest concerns from fans of Once Upon a Time is that the new season will undercut the happy endings characters like Hook and Regina experienced at the end of Season 7. Kitsis and Horowitz were very adamant that those happy endings will remain in tact, saying episode 2 deals with what Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Hook are up to, and episode 4 will check in on Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle) and Belle (Emilie de Ravin)'s relationship.

"We are not looking to get rid of any of the happy endings... but we are moving forward, and we think we have a way to achieve both things," said Kitsis. Added Horowitz, "We're telling new stories with some of the characters from the first six seasons. ... We are always thinking of the fans. We hope that people check it out and see that we are still thinking about that."

The initial idea to relaunch Once Upon a Time first came to the showrunners in Season 4, which was when they realized they wanted to start writing to "our own end." They knew they wanted to wind down Emma's story in Season 6, but it was up to whether ABC had interest to determine whether they would get to "start a new chapter."

Season 7 picks up from the Season 6 finale cliffhanger with adult Henry in a "new book with new characters. He's called on some of his friends... to come join him. We're going to have a new curse in a new town with new characters, but still see some old faces," said Kitsis.

"This new creative direction allows us to ... bring in new characters and be able to tell new origin stories," added Horowitz. "It's like we started again," said O'Donoghue.

From Storybrooke to Hyperion Heights, Once heads from a small town in Maine to a neighborhood in Seattle, where Parilla and O'Donoghue will be playing very different versions of their characters. In fact, Parilla's character won't even be named "Regina." Kitsis jokingly said to call her "The Queen Formerly Known as Regina." As Henry, Regina and Hook never had cursed alter egos in Storybrooke, Kitsis and Horowitz felt this was a fun way to offer a new twist.

"When we meet Hook this season, he is a uniformed cop in Seattle. He's different from any of the other 10 different Hooks I've played," said O'Donoghue. "There's a sense of loss there in the guy, and I think that he just doesn't know what it is that's missing. He's striving in some way to find who he is still. The Hook that we meet is trying to be the best uniformed cop he can be. ... The episodes of this season that I've read are honestly the best that I've read in any season so far."

Not-Regina, meanwhile, is a bar owner in Hyperion Heights who wears rock T-shirts instead of power pantsuits. She's no longer in charge and more rough around the edges, which will lead to some fun interactions with West's cursed version of Henry.

"You see these two characters interact in a way that you certainly have never seen," said West. "It's cool to see these characters interact in a completely new way." Added Kitsis, "It's very similar to Season 1 to Emma and Mary Margaret, [when Emma] didn't know it was her mom."

For fans excited for Henry and Regina to reunite when they actually do know each other, Parilla teased that the pair reunites in a fairy tale flashback after being apart for many years. "Regina has not seen this grown man ever before. so she's taken back by that, and is sort of finding their relationship now that he is no longer this little boy," said Parilla.

"I think that's what's so cool about it too, enough time has passed ... there is an element of, 'Who is this person?'" said West. "That element of two strangers having to interact is cool and exciting even though obviously that relationship does exist. I have sort of taken Lana's lead in that."

This new clean slate allows Once to not be "beholden to old mythology," which means new origin stories for characters like Cinderella. Ramirez plays the mother of Henry's daughter, and exploring their relationship is a key part of the new season. The showrunners liken Henry and Cinderella's "epic romance" to the Snow/Charming pairing in Season 1.

Of the actors, characters and stories left behind, Kitsis said, "Some people wanted to leave the show, some people had stories ended. The tough thing about this business is it isn't just professional, it's also personal in that we became really close with a lot of these people ... That doesn't mean that I don't have a day when I don't miss writing Snow and Charming scenes."

Once Upon a Time: Season 7 premieres Friday, October 6th at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
So clearly what hook is feeling a loss for is the separation from Emma and probably his child. So he has something to fight to get home too. The only way this will work is if at the end of this we see him go home to them. So they better bring JMO back because this storyline will be for nothing if we don't see their reunion. His reunion with what he lost.
Where are you getting the idea that he misses a child? Nowhere does it mention a child. And unless Jen changes her mind agrees to come back, I don't foresee a reunion anytime soon. I also don't see any mention of fighting to get back home. That just doesn't seem to be the story they are telling. It sounds to me like he's searching for his identity.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread