Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2017, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

I wonder who the other guy is playing then. Maybe Naveen?
Old 08-05-2017, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

My guessis he's playing the Lady Tremaine equivalent to Claude. Not important at all. So no announcement.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry02 (View Post)
I wonder who the other guy is playing then. Maybe Naveen?
That's a very real possibility.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

Can I just take a moment to say how much I appreciate the engraving and the style put into that headstone? My current job is an engraving and graphics artist and I think whoever did this, is really cool. Just wanted to say that but I forgot with my last post.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

It's beautiful. Doesn't look like Seattle. But beautiful.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
It makes sense that we might see Dr. Facilier because Tiana is coming on. Curious to see who they cast for the role.

I'm already guessing who they might cast in that role. From the Lost pool, maybe Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and actor who played the Tall Man from Dead of Summer, Tony Todd. I feel like either man could be great in that role.
He'd be more likely to have been the one to cast the curse. If Lady T doesn't even have magic in EF2.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
He'd be more likely to have been the one to cast the curse. If Lady T doesn't even have magic in EF2.
You don't need magic to cast a curse. He might of assisted her the way Regina assisted Snow and Nimue assisted Hook. He has no motive though and isn't likely to play a pivotal role in the story. Tiana is just a recurring character, so the characters in her story probably won't play any more of a role than Jafar and Alladin did in season 6.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

And you know that for sure? New season. New cast. New story. New curse.

As I recall, Hook started out as only recurring. And we all know how that turned out.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
And you know that for sure? New season. New cast. New story. New curse.

As I recall, Hook started out as only recurring. And we all know how that turned out.
Right now, Adelaide, Mekia, Rose and Emma are recurring. We do know that for sure because that's what we have been told. That's all I have to go on. They are clearly important to the story or they wouldn't be recurring. Just like Alladin, Jasmine and Jafar last year. That's all I am saying. We saw that copy of the call sheet, Mekia is #8.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:38 AM
Elite Fan

Old 08-06-2017, 04:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
You don't need magic to cast a curse. He might of assisted her the way Regina assisted Snow and Nimue assisted Hook. He has no motive though and isn't likely to play a pivotal role in the story. Tiana is just a recurring character, so the characters in her story probably won't play any more of a role than Jafar and Alladin did in season 6.
You are right about the Dark Curse: in theory, you don't need magic to cast it, though it was never clear to me this was the true since the beginning, or one of the may things that changed to serve the story. I never truly understood it. First, it was created by Rumple (Season one ep 22) and then, it wasn't (4.13). The scroll was necessary to cast the curse, and we saw Regina stealing it from Maleficent, Pan stealing it from Regina's vault, but when Snow and Hook cast the curse, there was no scroll since Regina destroyed it in 2.22. Then, you needed the heart of the thing you loved most, except, of course, if you are Peter Pan or a Dark One, because it seems to me if you are one of those, you can bend the rules and cast it anyway... And don't get me started on the "Price". The only person casting the curse in this show who had to pay it (a hole in your heart) was Regina.

It makes me wonder why Rumple needed someone to cast it for him. Back in seasons 1&2, it made sense: he wanted someone for the job because he literally couldn't (no Bae or Belle around obviously) and he also didn't want to pay the price. But he shouldn't have bothered, after all with a little spin, he could find an alternative if he wanted to. Anyone else but Regina did.

But, regardless of the ever changing Dark curse rules, we were told this is a different curse. In fact, we were told there are "multiple curses", whatever that means. We have no idea if having magic is required for this scenario. I'd assume for sure a magic user (or several) has to be involved in this somehow. A person with no magical knowledge wouldn't even know about this.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:09 AM
Elite Fan

I am still trying to figure out why there's an English tombstone in Seattle from the early 1700s when the first European settlers there were more than 100 years later.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:16 AM
Master Fan

Magic? I stopped questioning how the timeline works on this show a long time ago because none of it makes sense anymore.

I had a thought about Tiana and Dr. Facilier. What if Dr. Facilier meets Tiana, falls in love with her but she's already with Naveen and the loss of her is what makes him into a villain? Do we know yet if Naveen has been cast yet?
Old 08-06-2017, 05:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
Magic? I stopped questioning how the timeline works on this show a long time ago because none of it makes sense anymore.

I had a thought about Tiana and Dr. Facilier. What if Dr. Facilier meets Tiana, falls in love with her but she's already with Naveen and the loss of her is what makes him into a villain? Do we know yet if Naveen has been cast yet?
You are assuming Dr. Facilier is a villain. What if he isn't? With this show, we never truly know. I mean, maybe Naveen is the villain...
Old 08-06-2017, 05:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
It makes me wonder why Rumple needed someone to cast it for him. Back in seasons 1&2, it made sense: he wanted someone for the job because he literally couldn't (no Bae or Belle around obviously) and he also didn't want to pay the price. But he shouldn't have bothered, after all with a little spin, he could find an alternative if he wanted to. Anyone else but Regina did.
The seer's prophecy said Rumple won't be the one to cast the curse. From "Manhattan":

Quote:
Seer: You will find him.

Rumpelstiltskin: How? And this time, don’t leave out a single detail.

Seer: It will not be an easy path. It will take many years… And require a curse. A curse…powerful enough to rip everyone from this land.

Rumpelstiltskin: Yes, yes, there’s more, I know it. Tell me.

Seer: You will not cast the curse… Someone else will. And you will not break the curse… Someone else will.

Rumpelstiltskin: Tell me!

Seer: I don’t know. Even my powers have limits.

icon by me
Closed Thread   Post New Thread