Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2017, 06:17 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm looking forward to Henry's story.

I forgot...Issac realm hopped too... the Enchanted Forest, and Cruella's 1920's England...

it'll just suck if Henry finds, marries Jacinda, becomes a father to Lucy and no one in his family knows

Regina, Killian, Snow, and David will be grandparents-greatgrandparents and they never got to witness this
Old 07-25-2017, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

Wow. Henry and Cinderella are gonna bang.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the sneak glad that Jared was aged to after Hs
Old 07-25-2017, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm25 (View Post)

Regina, Killian, Snow, and David will be grandparents-greatgrandparents and they never got to witness this
Emma will also be a grandparent. No need to omit her out.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:41 AM
Loyal Fan

I do not think it was the intention to omit her and maybe we do not always have to assume the worst.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the sneak peek & interview clips. I had already seen the sneak peek but it was nice to watch again. I am also curious if Henry has been completely cut off from his entire family while he aged or if he later found other ways to realm hop besides the one magic bean. Has he only been in this new EF version the whole time? Hm.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen107 (View Post)
I do not think it was the intention to omit her and maybe we do not always have to assume the worst.
Exactly! I keep seeing over reactions that insist Emma must be dead? There is no evidence of that!
Honestly, the fact that they are showing her in the second episode of the show indicates they don't want the audience to forget her. People still have trouble accepting that Jennifer has decided to move on from the show. I expect all the characters to be gone, but hopefully not forgotten. But the story has to be about Henry, Lucy, Cinderella, Regina, Hook and Gold. Along with the characters they are introducing for support. I don't feel like Emma is any more important than Zelena, Belle Snow and Charming, who are also missing. If it is going to bother people so much to see the story move on without the returning characters, they may need to think about finding a new show!

ETA
I love that clip between young Henry and Regina. Jared has grown so much in 7 seasons. The relationship between Regina and Henry has grown as well. The first time that Emma asked Regina if she loved Henry, I wasn't sure if she was lying. I'm not sure Lana was sure ans she played it open to interpretation. I have absolutely no doubt now. I actually haven't for a while.

Last edited by kristi_adela; 07-25-2017 at 09:39 AM
Old 07-25-2017, 10:48 AM
Elite Fan

Once Upon a Time bosses explain new curse

Quote:
Once Upon a Time bosses explain new curse

Natalie Abrams
July 25, 2017 at 1:27pm EDT
When Once Upon a Time returns for its rebooted seventh season, the trio of returning characters we’ve come to know and love will find themselves under a new curse from which it will be much harder to break free.

As revealed at Comic-Con, when adult Henry (Andrew J. West) leaves home and finds himself in trouble, Regina (Lana Parrilla), Hook (Colin O’Donoghue), and Rumple (Robert Carlyle) will come running. But somehow the quartet ends up under a new curse and it’s up to Henry’s daughter Lucy (Alison Fernandez) to get them all to believe once again. However, it won’t be easy as this new curse is quite different from the Dark Curse that started the whole show.

To understand the new curse, you must first understand the new main villain at the center of the story: Cinderella’s (Dania Ramirez) wicked stepmother Lady Tremaine (Gabrielle Anwar). “As often is the case on Once Upon a Time, there’s more than meets the eye to what we know about the character,” EP Adam Horowitz tells EW. “Lady Tremaine doesn’t like Cinderella very much and she’s got an agenda. But there is something broiling beneath that’s personal and painful that is driving all of this.”

“She’s somebody who wants to get to the top and will use any means necessary,” EP Edward Kitsis adds. “So why it’s important for her to be royal, why it’s important for her to crush everyone else, is the story of the year. In true Once Upon a Time fashion, evil isn’t born, it’s made, and we’ll see that with her as well.”

RELATED: Here’s everything we know about Once Upon a Time season 7

This all speaks to some of the twists within Hyperion Heights, the new Storybrooke-esque neighborhood in the Land Without Magic that the characters will call their home during the curse. “We’re going to see in Hyperion Heights that the role Lady Tremaine has taken is very similar in terms of getting to the top, in terms of being a developer, who is this character who is trying to push out the fairy tale characters who are living in Hyperion Heights, gentrifying the neighborhood and bringing other people in,” EP David H. Goodman says.

Yes, this does mean non-fairy tale folk also dwell in Hyperion Heights. “We’re in a city now,” Horowitz says. “Hyperion Heights is part of Seattle the way Brooklyn is part of New York. It’s more densely populated and it’s filled with fairy tale characters and non-fairy tale characters and that’s another interaction and vibe that we didn’t really have in Storybrooke, where it was all the cursed people.”

And here’s the kicker: “Lady Tremaine learned the lesson that Regina didn’t, which is don’t keep them all together where one day they can find themselves, push them the hell out!” Kitsis exclaims. “You push them the hell out and you gentrify the neighborhood and you bring in a cold press juicer and they can’t afford it anymore, then you won’t worry about the Pied Piper finding, you know, Alice.” (The new iteration of Alice, by the way, will be played by Rose Reynolds.)

“[Lady Tremaine] is sort of Regina-prime and she’s trying to figure out a way to scatter these fairy tale characters to the wind so they can’t be together, because as we’ve always seen, when these characters get together, they always figure out how to beat the bad guy,” Goodman adds. “Not giving anything away what the curse is, but she’s learning and standing on the backs of these other curses that have come before her to be as effective a villain as possible.”

Watch the Once Upon a Time season 7 Comic-Con trailer:

Another facet of this curse is new alter egos for our favorite characters. As spied in the season 7 trailer, Hook appears to be a cop, while Regina may be a bartender. “They’re different from the cursed personas we’ve seen before,” Horowitz explains. “While it’s Regina you’ve been with for six seasons, what she is now in Seattle is something different. What it’s allowing us to do is seeing these same characters in a new way. Also, Hook never had a cursed persona, so this allows us to do something we haven’t done before with Hook.”

Adds Kitsis: “And I would say Regina never had a cursed persona, because she was the Queen and the Mayor, but she was always awake.”

However, just because Lady Tremaine is the new big bad, doesn’t necessarily mean she actually cast the new curse. “We said very clearly in the pilot of Once Upon a Time that Regina cast the curse,” Kitsis says. “What you’ll see this season is we don’t necessarily say that in the premiere.” So, who cast the new curse? Our theory: Henry. Maybe he needed to cast the curse to escape the new Enchanted Forest — yup, we said new. More on that soon!

Once Upon a Time returns Friday, Oct. 6 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:49 AM
Absolute Fan

Nice sneak peek. Safe to say Cinderella isn't going to be pleased with Henry. I'm expecting some sassy retorts. Can we assume that Henry will give her a ride, since he ruined hers and all? lol That would be pretty cool to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Thanks for the sneak peek & interview clips. I had already seen the sneak peek but it was nice to watch again. I am also curious if Henry has been completely cut off from his entire family while he aged or if he later found other ways to realm hop besides the one magic bean. Has he only been in this new EF version the whole time? Hm.
I'm curious about that as well. Since I think the writers will want to go for max drama and shock value, I'm leaning more towards Henry having been cut off from his family this whole time, or at least since becoming a husband and father. Just imagine everyone's reactions to that news, the tension it might create and eventually seeing them bond. I know some people may have a problem with that scenario but there are ways to explain it without Henry looking bad.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm25 (View Post)
I'm looking forward to Henry's story.

I forgot...Issac realm hopped too... the Enchanted Forest, and Cruella's 1920's England...

it'll just suck if Henry finds, marries Jacinda, becomes a father to Lucy and no one in his family knows

What we are going to see is something very much like Cruella's world of the 1920's or the Victorian England of the Darling Family, I would imagine.

The article is interesting, but if Henry cast the curse, wouldn't he have had to use the heart of the thing he loves the most. And his goal wouldn't be to separate people. When Snow used Charming's heart to cast the curse that returned them to Storybrooke, she didn't separate people. Zelena was the one who added the forgetting potion to the curse. And it didn't make people forget each other, only the events of the past year. I guess Cinderella and Henry could share a heart like Snow and Charming. But that is playing too fast and loose with the parallels.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

If Henry cast the curse, he would not separate his family. And he would not send them all to Seattle. He'd send them to SB like Snowing and Hook did. Same with Hook, Regina or Rumple. Cinderella wouldn't separate herself from Henry or make her stepmother the big bad real estate developer. If it's not Lady Tremaine, my guess would be Drizella who has been described as very wicked. Maybe she did it to make Mommy proud?
Old 07-25-2017, 11:35 AM
Elite Fan

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Lady Tremaine is only able to cast the curse after she meets the two people responsible for the original.

And is that article really implying that breaking the first curse was easy? it lasted for 28 years!

Last edited by scififan2009; 07-25-2017 at 11:44 AM
Old 07-25-2017, 11:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
The article is interesting, but if Henry cast the curse, wouldn't he have had to use the heart of the thing he loves the most. And his goal wouldn't be to separate people. When Snow used Charming's heart to cast the curse that returned them to Storybrooke, she didn't separate people. Zelena was the one who added the forgetting potion to the curse. And it didn't make people forget each other, only the events of the past year. I guess Cinderella and Henry could share a heart like Snow and Charming. But that is playing too fast and loose with the parallels.
The article says "this new curse is quite different from the Dark Curse" so I wouldn't assume it works the same way with a heart and memory loss.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:21 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maris (View Post)
The article says "this new curse is quite different from the Dark Curse" so I wouldn't assume it works the same way with a heart and memory loss.
Even if Henry didn't have to sacrifice the thing he loved the most, he wouldn't want his step mother in law to be in a position of power and he wouldn't want to separate his family. I think there is memory loss as well. Otherwise, why would he be living separate from his tl? We know for sure now that there is a curse, which Henry doesn't believe exists. I don't think the characters are in a suburb of Seattle voluntarily.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
I'm curious about that as well. Since I think the writers will want to go for max drama and shock value, I'm leaning more towards Henry having been cut off from his family this whole time, or at least since becoming a husband and father. Just imagine everyone's reactions to that news, the tension it might create and eventually seeing them bond. I know some people may have a problem with that scenario but there are ways to explain it without Henry looking bad.
I think you're right. Plus, if the theory about time moving faster for Henry in the realm or realms he's been to is on point, I don't think it will feel like much time has passed for the others. Imagine the reactions of the others to find a grown Henry with a wife & kid? I think it would be the last thing they are expecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
I think in a SDCC interview I watched, Adam & Eddy were explaining that the rules for curses or for curse casting could be different for this new story. It's not going to be the dark curse, we now know that, which did require the heart of the thing you love most. So I'm going to hazard a guess that is one of the different things about this new curse. A heart is not an ingredient needed. But even without that, though, I still don't think it would be Henry casting it. Just for other more common sense reasons alone, lol. I doubt Henry would call upon his family for help just to ultimately curse them all.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread