Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2017, 12:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
K so I've got a couple of theories about S7 now...

1. I think that these three volunteered to go and in Hook's situation Emma is the one that told him to go because she may be heavily pregnant at the time or just had a child so she couldn't go even if she wanted to.
2. I think that Regina and Lady Tremaine could be the LGBT storyline.
3. I think that Rumple and Hook cursed will have a bromance.
4. I think that Henry will be in a love triangle next season. When hes cursed between himself, Cinderella, and the wicked step sister Dresilla.
5. I think they may bring in a new knave for Alice or maybe even Cyrus can return.
6. I think that Naveen is definitely coming.
7. I think we will be meeting Hook's mother this season.

Finally I think the guy that we've seen pics of but don't know whom he is will be the one that cast the curse. Dr. Facillier from Princess and the Frog.
I agree about 7. Wish 3 would happen with Gold and Hook being best friends only for them to wake up and realize what they'd done
Old 07-23-2017, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe they'll create a secret handshake lol
Old 07-23-2017, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
K so I've got a couple of theories about S7 now...

1. I think that these three volunteered to go and in Hook's situation Emma is the one that told him to go because she may be heavily pregnant at the time or just had a child so she couldn't go even if she wanted to.
2. I think that Regina and Lady Tremaine could be the LGBT storyline.
3. I think that Rumple and Hook cursed will have a bromance.
4. I think that Henry will be in a love triangle next season. When hes cursed between himself, Cinderella, and the wicked step sister Dresilla.
5. I think they may bring in a new knave for Alice or maybe even Cyrus can return.
6. I think that Naveen is definitely coming.
7. I think we will be meeting Hook's mother this season.

Finally I think the guy that we've seen pics of but don't know whom he is will be the one that cast the curse. Dr. Facillier from Princess and the Frog.
I personally don't see #2 fitting storyline wise. Putting aside for the moment that Regina|EQ has never shown any signs of being a gay|bisexual character at all in six seasons worth of episodes making it a complete retcon for the character, I have a pretty strong hunch that Lady Tremaine is going to be Henry's nemesis concerning Cinderella and his own daughter. It would be out of character for Regina to put such a love interest before her son, especially in her redeemed state, when Gabrielle has described her own character as very unpleasant, without a redeeming quality as of right now. I would prefer not to see a story with Regina & Henry at odds like that over a love interest, especially since she, Hook, & Rumple are supposed to be onboard with helping Adult Henry. Sure, somebody can argue they could use Regina to redeem Lady Tremaine later but meh. Not interested in the story direction required to get to that point.

Two. Since Regina could maybe be cursed not to remember anything at all, and we would have no idea for how long, pursuing a retcon LGBT story for her character runs the risk of coming off as part of a cursed personality, not a real part of Regina. Are people who are looking for real LGBT representation going to take well to a story telling them 'well, it was just part of the curse?'

If they are pursuing a sincere LGBT storyline, I think it should be fresh, and I hope it is, somebody introduced as who they are, and not this redundant 'retcon a character so they can now come out of the closet' directions that are so prelevant. I have read book series that introduce LGBT characters for who they are at the beginning, TV should do the same.

Finally, I am not saying they won't do it or aren't capable of such a retcon, OUAT has pursued many questionable writing directions for me in the past, but it will turn me off if they do. Plus, as an OQ fan, I will feel so insulted that they messed that relationship up so bad that they think the resolution now is to just retcon Regina into being gay|bisexual to pass off as something 'new' for the character, whether it be with Lady Tremaine or another female character.

My opinions, others may feel differently. Even though Lana voiced wanting Regina to find that happiness after having lost 2 loves, I didn't get the sense there were any immediate plans for that in s7. I always admit I could be wrong, I wouldn't know for sure, but I think Regina's focus is going to lie with Henry for awhile. And I'm fine with that.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 07-23-2017 at 06:19 AM
Old 07-23-2017, 06:03 AM
Elite Fan

It's very rare for Alice to have an established love interest in Disney. Maybe she's the LGBT storyline.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
It's very rare for Alice to have an established love interest in Disney. Maybe she's the LGBT storyline.
I do think that is one possibility.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:23 AM
Elite Fan

I do think we'll meet Hook's mother. Unless she's also Lady Tremaine, I don't think she'll have a major arc like Cora, Malcolm or Fiona. Nor do I think she'll be in multiple episodes like Leopold, Eva, Ruth, old Henry, or Maurice. Now I hope her appearance serves a purpose in her child's development like Brennan or Robert instead of a check box cameo like Collette.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

Right. Because no way will Killian ever be important enough, or entitled enough to the same consideration as Regina or Gold when it comes to his family background.

So over this double standard.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Right. Because no way will Killian ever be important enough, or entitled enough to the same consideration as Regina or Gold when it comes to his family background.

So over this double standard.
Neither Snow or Charming had parents who were the main arc villain. So I don't see your point. Unless you are trying to imply that they are not as important as Killian, Regina or Rumple and that's definitely not true. If they had introduced her in season 2 and she actually raised Killian then she might have gotten Ruth, Eva and Leopold treatment. Which Liam did get.

Last edited by Austenphile; 07-23-2017 at 06:56 AM
Old 07-23-2017, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

Adam and Eddy did say the LGBT would be prominent, so it might include someone from our original cast. My first thought wasn't Regina actually but I think it could be, especially if this is going to be a long drawn out storyline as opposed to a standalone episode.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe it's better Killian's mother doesn't get a big arc. Considering the writers habit of turning family members of reformed villains into villains. Regina and Gold's families were toxic. So glad Killian isn't related to any of them.

Being the black sheep seems to have saved him from the curse of regression and bad writing that befell both Regina and Gold. Choosing to side with their mothers only proved how weak they still were.

Last edited by scififan2009; 07-23-2017 at 07:19 AM
Old 07-23-2017, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not opposed to an arc about Killian's mother. Just as long as the writing is able to fit it into the story to make sense. I will take it over retconning Regina's character into LGBT just so they have something 'new' to do with her.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:28 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
It would be out of character for Regina to put such a love interest before her son, especially in her redeemed state, when Gabrielle has described her own character as very unpleasant, without a redeeming quality as of right now.
This. Henry is always going to be Regina's #1 priority and and there is absolutely no way whatsoever they could sell her being paired up with the villain du jour who more than likely intends to harm Henry, his wife and/or their daughter. Besides, making a villain currently described in such a manner your major LGBT rep is a somewhat questionable choice to begin with, but I don't see them going there with Lady Tremaine in general. If the show were to be renewed and she survives season 7, they'd possibly consider redeeming her and eventually introducing a love interest, who knows, but right it makes no sense storywise, imo. My money's on Alice too.

Quote:
My opinions, others may feel differently. Even though Lana voiced wanting Regina to find that happiness after having lost 2 loves, I didn't get the sense there were any immediate plans for that in s7. I always admit I could be wrong, I wouldn't know for sure, but I think Regina's focus is going to lie with Henry for awhile. And I'm fine with that.
Same. Well said as always and I'm glad to see/read you around here again. Who would have thought that we'd both end up posting about this damn show on again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
Adam and Eddy did say the LGBT would be prominent, so it might include someone from our original cast.
To be honest, I don't think what fans consider a major story and what Adam and Eddy think of as a prominent narrative might, once again, not be quite the same thing. I still remember the ways in which they tried to hype their last attempt at a LGBT storyline, which then ended up being a single episode affair. I imagine we'll see more than that this time around, but I still fully expect it to be a recurring character rather than a series regular/original castmember.

Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 07-23-2017, 08:13 AM
Elite Fan

Spoilers from set said Cinderella2's name is Jacinda.

Jacinda Tremaine. Jacinda Mills.

Wonder what cursed name she goes by?
Old 07-23-2017, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
This. Henry is always going to be Regina's #1 priority and and there is absolutely no way whatsoever they could sell her being paired up with the villain du jour who more than likely intends to harm Henry, his wife and/or their daughter. Besides, making a villain currently described in such a manner your major LGBT rep is a somewhat questionable choice to begin with, but I don't see them going there with Lady Tremaine in general. If the show were to be renewed and she survives season 7, they'd possibly consider redeeming her and eventually introducing a love interest, who knows, but right it makes no sense storywise, imo. My money's on Alice too.
I do agree with your point that possibly making your first main LGBT character a villain is probably not sending the best of messages.

I also concur with your general thoughts regarding Lady Tremaine. I don't know if she is going to be the only villain, or the main villain of s7, but it's a safe bet she will play a pretty prominent role in what Henry is experiencing. That alone makes me speculate that 'our' Regina will not sit pretty with that and she would go head to head with this person to protect him.

The main focus for Lady Tremaine is likely going to be her villainous pursuits, not a romantic pairing with anybody, but that is just my speculation. At least not right now - similar to how Regina's storyline focused mostly on her feud with Snowing|Emma in the early seasons. Rumple was kind of 'the man behind the curtain' with Regina so I do wonder if this time around Lady Tremaine has a villainous 'ally' working with her.

Quote:
Same. Well said as always and I'm glad to see/read you around here again. Who would have thought that we'd both end up posting about this damn show on again?
So very true! I have always enjoyed reading your thoughts as well, Rina, so it is great to see you back here too

Yes, Regina & Henry is definitely the draw|pull for me to continue watching this new rebooted season and because of that, I am willing to give these new characters|stories a chance too.

Quote:
To be honest, I don't think what fans consider a major story and what Adam and Eddy think of as a prominent narrative might, once again, not be quite the same thing. I still remember the ways in which they tried to hype their last attempt at a LGBT storyline, which then ended up being a single episode affair. I imagine we'll see more than that this time around, but I still fully expect it to be a recurring character rather than a series regular/original castmember.
True.

Here's the thing to remember also: if one watches the panel, the word 'prominent' never left Eddy's mouth. The question was presented that way by the host herself based off of fan curiosity|reaction online. The question of Regina's infertility either sticking or changing was the first lead in question then they asked about a prominent LGBT relationship to which Eddy just answered they planned to do it for this year. As many of us have experienced with relationships on this show in the past, we seem to read into what A&E mean way differently than what they actually end up doing on the show.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 07-23-2017 at 09:49 AM
Old 07-23-2017, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

Are we really supposed to believe Henry met his true love, got married, and had a child, without ever including his family in any of it?

At some point he must have brought Jacinda to Storybrooke to meet everyone. The very least introduce her to one of his mothers.