Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2017, 09:11 AM
Elite Fan

Unfortunately with new cursed identities, it's unlikely any of them will remember their loved ones.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinutesToMidnight (View Post)
Maybe it's easier for many fans of OQ, Rumbelle and Snowing to see this as a fresh start because many of us grew more emotionally distant to the show in the last seasons. Because it held so many disappointments for fans of those characters and ships with Snowing being background almost all the time, the terrible things done to Robin and the original, real OQ, and Rumbelle were not treated kindly too. But now the last season finale held some peace for everyone and there is alway that as a happy ending no matter what happens next.

I'm an OQ and Snowing fan and I'm not worried about the future. It will be fine. And after next season we'll see what happens and who stay or goes if they're renewed again. But I would never wish for the show to be cancelled out of spite. Even when I was the most angry about what they did to Robin Hood and OQ I never wished that on them. I wish all the new actors, the writers and the crew success with this new chapter.
I agree with you about not wanting the show cancelled just because my favorites are not continuing.
I can only speak for myself, but Snowing started out as my favorites and then Henry and Belle were added to that list. Toward the end, those 4 ended up being featured the least. But, I was he'd every episode, even the ones that I knew from filming didn't feature my favorites because every episode told part of the story and ever story eventually led back to my favorites.

I learned to see Regina through Henry's eyes. I appreciated Rumple's journey because of Belle and of course I love Emma, she's the product of my OTP's, TL, but that means I love baby Neal as well. Unlike a lot of other people here, I have always seen Henry as the center of the story because he's the connection to everyone. He's the golden thread, so it makes sense to me that his story is the one continuing. He saw most of his family find their happy ending/beginning. Now, it's time for him to search for his happy ending. That's what I hope we see going forward. I don't believe that Henry's happy ending will be built on the ruins of the happy endings of the rest of his family, but that seems to be the concern of some people.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Unfortunately with new cursed identities, it's unlikely any of them will remember their loved ones.
Not true. They could play it off the way they did wiht Emma in the finale. CS was true love and Emma had flashes of the wedding with Hook during the episode even while she was cursed. They could easily do that again.

Quote:
But I would never wish for the show to be cancelled out of spite. Even when I was the most angry about what they did to Robin Hood and OQ I never wished that on them. I wish all the new actors, the writers and the crew success with this new chapter.
It's gonna get cancelled because it's ratings are abysmal, not because of any spite. It would have got cancelled this season if ABC actually had decent pilots which they didn't.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
Not true. They could play it off the way they did wiht Emma in the finale. CS was true love and Emma had flashes of the wedding with Hook during the episode even while she was cursed. They could easily do that again.

It's gonna get cancelled because it's ratings are abysmal, not because of any spite. It would have got cancelled this season if ABC actually had decent pilots which they didn't.

There could be several reasons it wasn't cancelled.

And the ratings, they've been bad for some time now, with all of the cast still there. It doesn't mean they'll get worse, or even that ratings are the only consideration.

I'm looking forward to the new season, and the new stories & characters. Nothing is going to change my mind on that, just as nothing is going to change your mind, or stop the negativity.

I love the idea of a reboot, and it's not going to take away from the happy endings. At least I don't believe so.

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 06-18-2017 at 11:00 AM
Old 06-18-2017, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I kind of don't understand the ratings argument, as all the seasons of Once have had more millions of viewers than even the first season of Arrow had, and that has carried on with many more seasons. Plus ratings on the night aren't as important anymore, the fact it's on a Friday, for example, only is significant if you only count the numbers at broadcast, but they don't anymore. Streaming services, DVR and Netflix will make it available to a bigger audience than on the night. The industry is starting to recognise this thankfully.

I wasn't interested in a new season as a CS shipper, but now I'm quite curious to see what is planned, now that my OTP have their HE, however many more series there are, I'll keep watching, because I love the concept of this show.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
The finale was this week. Mary was executed.
I heard it's sweet she and Francis had a happy ending in death. I do still want her to play Hook's mom
Old 06-18-2017, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And the ratings, they've been bad for some time now, with all of the cast still there. It doesn't mean they'll get worse, or even that ratings are the only consideration.
Oh yes it does. New night(Friday no less), a lot of the cast leaving = much much lower ratings. Be ready to see a 0.4 by the winter finale probably.

That's if they can get through the premiere unscathed. A lot of people's view will depend upon the premiere.

Quote:
kind of don't understand the ratings argument, as all the seasons of Once have had more millions of viewers than even the first season of Arrow had, and that has carried on with many more seasons.
...Arrow is on the CW, low ratings are expected on that network. OUAT is on ABC where better ratings are expected, that's just how it's always been.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not even remotely interested in any discussion about the cancellation. Maybe it will be cancelled, maybe it won't. I just don't care.

It's a whole year from now before we even have to think about it. Better to just focus on the here and now.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

I'm with you, Ro
Old 06-18-2017, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks, Elaine.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep as killain says here and now
Old 06-18-2017, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

So Adam has deactivated his twitter. I hope it's temporary so we can still get episode titles. A few have to ruin things for the rest of us.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sucks
Old 06-18-2017, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

He probably deactivated because of all the things Bobby was saying about the show at the con.

At least he's under no delusions that people are happy about S7, and he knows that they need to tread very carefully. I'm sure the coward will be back soon.

Last edited by Radames; 06-18-2017 at 04:13 PM
Old 06-18-2017, 04:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
So Adam has deactivated his twitter. I hope it's temporary so we can still get episode titles. A few have to ruin things for the rest of us.
Apparently, he is moving over to Instagram and posted a message yesterday to follow him there. If Adam primarily wants to post stuff like pictures and script teases now, Instagram is a better platform for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
He probably deactivated because of all the things Bobby was saying about the show at the con.
That doesn't make any sense. They're not in junior high school. It's more likely he is just done with the people who post excessively about the same old stuff over and over, making his twitter page unreadable for other people who don't care about that. On Instagram it is easy to keep things neat and tidy.

Last edited by Maris; 06-18-2017 at 04:17 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread