Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2017, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

In the last few years, I have stopped watching Downton Abbey, Reign, Falling Skies, Sleepy Hollow, Colony and probably Designated Survivor. Once is the only show i am currently watching that has had more than one season. I think Lost is the only series I watched until the end ever.

Last edited by Austenphile; 06-17-2017 at 06:09 PM
Old 06-17-2017, 06:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I've quit a lot of shows too, usually because I didn't like the direction the story was going in or I just got bored. Once is the only show other than Charmed and Buffy that I've stuck with for this many seasons.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sleepy hollow was a another one although I watched on and off. Downtown I need to watch s3 and I determine from there
Old 06-17-2017, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Just feels frustrating not knowing anything about it yet. We don't even know what kind of new characters will become regulars.

Hope they clear these things up at comic con.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Sleepy hollow was a another one although I watched on and off. Downtown I need to watch s3 and I determine from there
Downton lost me mid season 4. Then I watched 5 for Lily James. (Never went back and watched the back half of 4) But I couldn't sit through the first episode of season 6. After 4 tries, I gave up.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Reign I watched on and off. I do want to see if Mary and Bothwell have chemistry to see if Adelaide can play Hooks mother lol
Old 06-17-2017, 06:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Look I am on team give it the chance depending on Emma's fate. If I don't like her fate then I'll stop watching and pretend the show ended on 6.22. If other people enjoy the shop and it lasts for more than a season than I'll respect it. Grey's is still going even though I stopped watching years ago so. Vampire diaries 7th heaven etc
Which makes perfect sense. I feel like they gave us an almost perfect ending with the season 6 finale. If people want to use that as the ending of the show, it's available for them to do so. I hope people don't watch if it's going to make them unhappy. If people feel like they are ruining their favorites, they are going to be happy about anything on the show. But, I also hope they don't undo the happy endings. I don't want that.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Reign I watched on and off. I do want to see if Mary and Bothwell have chemistry to see if Adelaide can play Hooks mother lol
The finale was this week. Mary was executed.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:03 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread
Old 06-17-2017, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Look I am on team give it the chance depending on Emma's fate. If I don't like her fate then I'll stop watching and pretend the show ended on 6.22. If other people enjoy the shop and it lasts for more than a season than I'll respect it. Grey's is still going even though I stopped watching years ago so. Vampire diaries 7th heaven etc
This is not a Grey's Anatomy. With the ratings it' sgetting now and likely will be getting it won't last much longer. Netflix views won't work if people are completely turned off by S7.

That's why their premiere is pivotal.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

No one can predict the future.

In the words of our beloved savior "Tomorrow is uncertain. Who knows what it will bring?"

Last edited by scififan2009; 06-17-2017 at 11:41 PM
Old 06-18-2017, 02:57 AM
Master Fan

If S7 is not the last season, for Colin and Bobby it will be. Colin and Bobby have been saying that this is it for them in their meet and greets at cons. No idea on Lana but I assume her as well.

If it gets another season it won't feature any of the returning regulars. They're transitional players, but it won't matter cause ratings are going to be so bad it'll be cancelled.

I think the reason reason why OUAT was not cancelled is because ABC pilots for lack of a better term sucked horrendously. So it's better to keep this show for one more season then risk a new show bombing.

I'm sure they'll find a replacement for this next season. Maybe even a Disney property to match the tone.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Maybe it's easier for many fans of OQ, Rumbelle and Snowing to see this as a fresh start because many of us grew more emotionally distant to the show in the last seasons. Because it held so many disappointments for fans of those characters and ships with Snowing being background almost all the time, the terrible things done to Robin and the original, real OQ, and Rumbelle were not treated kindly too. But now the last season finale held some peace for everyone and there is alway that as a happy ending no matter what happens next.

I'm an OQ and Snowing fan and I'm not worried about the future. It will be fine. And after next season we'll see what happens and who stay or goes if they're renewed again. But I would never wish for the show to be cancelled out of spite. Even when I was the most angry about what they did to Robin Hood and OQ I never wished that on them. I wish all the new actors, the writers and the crew success with this new chapter.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:36 AM
Elite Fan

I wonder if they'll bring in Flynn Rider for season 7. He and Rapunzel need to get their happy ending. ships between guest characters got off a lot easier. They had their mini arc, then they just got their happy ending.

Ariel/Eric: Happy
Aurora/Phillip: Happy
Anna/Kristoff: Happy
Jasmine/Aladdin: Happy
Ruby/Dorothy: Happy
Cinderella/Thomas: Happy

The writers kept things simple with them.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think there should be a way to have a new story but to not take away happy endings. Like I don't want to see Hook be indifferent to Emma missing and while rb is not my wheel house I am sure their fans don't want rumple nonchalant when belle missing. The best thing would be to have a adventure trying to rescue those left behind with guest stars and stuff
Closed Thread   Post New Thread