Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2017, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

Not exactly sure why EQ and Wicked Witch would be having scenes together in a flashback. I just hope Regina's evil half isn't back for more sisterly bonding.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
Lana cannot sing so here's hoping we don't have to hear much of her voice in the musical episode.
We have no real idea what hidden talents the cast might have. I guess we'll have to wait and see. You might be surprised what Lana can do and everyone else as well.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
We have no real idea what hidden talents the cast might have. I guess we'll have to wait and see. You might be surprised what Lana can do and everyone else as well.
...She said that she cannot sing at cons. She's sang at cons and she does not sound good. She cannot sing.

Now autotune is a thing and I'm sure she'l get that treatment, but it's not gonna sound pretty.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

Too early to tell. They haven't even started filming Ep 19.

Though I have to wonder, how much of the main plot will be wrapped up before the musical? Because after 20 we just have the 21-22 finale.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread
Old 02-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennie1984 (View Post)
Thanks for the info.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:52 AM
Master Fan

https://twitter.com/TL_CapSwan/statu...52443693801472

Vid of the dance auditions.

Before people think that's an original song it's not. It's from the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:00 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe it's just a fill in for the song they eventually plan to use.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:45 AM
Elite Fan

Yesterday's filming: Lana; Bex; Emilie; Robert and Jen(?)
Old 02-10-2017, 06:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
...She said that she cannot sing at cons. She's sang at cons and she does not sound good. She cannot sing.

Now autotune is a thing and I'm sure she'l get that treatment, but it's not gonna sound pretty.
I think that you are letting your dislike of Regina get to you about this because singing spontaneously at a convention is different from singing with preparation in a studio and many people say they cannot sing because they have no professional training for it, but when they do it in like a professional setting it is fine. I remember when Grey's Anatomy did its musical episode many actors who had no music career like Sara Ramirez for example said they cannot sing and they do not want to do it and then they were taken to studio and training with professionals and the result was amazing with people like Ellen Pompeo and others. And in my opinion no one will be forced to sing for this if they do not want to or if the professional who produce think honestly that it is not a good idea so we should wait until we see and hear the result before we pass such extreme judgement like you keep doing with Lana Parrilla...
Old 02-10-2017, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen107 (View Post)
I think that you are letting your dislike of Regina get to you about this because singing spontaneously at a convention is different from singing with preparation in a studio and many people say they cannot sing because they have no professional training for it, but when they do it in like a professional setting it is fine. I remember when Grey's Anatomy did its musical episode many actors who had no music career like Sara Ramirez for example said they cannot sing and they do not want to do it and then they were taken to studio and training with professionals and the result was amazing with people like Ellen Pompeo and others. And in my opinion no one will be forced to sing for this if they do not want to or if the professional who produce think honestly that it is not a good idea so we should wait until we see and hear the result before we pass such extreme judgement like you keep doing with Lana Parrilla...
.... She cannot sing.

She said it herself. And Sara Ramirez was on Broadway in the show Spamelot, she defiitely could sing prior to GA. That was a no brainer.

And you couldn't look for a worse example because the GA musical episode is basically hated and not spoken of. The only people in that cast that could actually sing were Sara and Owen. Everyone else didn't sing, they talk-sing. Is that what Lana is gonna do, cause again she can't sing.

Make no mistake though, she's gonna sound autotuned but it's not gonna be good.

But yeah I'm so bitter about Regina that I'm channeling that when I've seen her live and in person and when she's sang live she sucks.

Last edited by Radames; 02-10-2017 at 07:43 AM
Old 02-10-2017, 07:40 AM
Master Fan

Holy Mother Superior!

Thanks for the filming info. Hmm. Wonder what that group's filming is about.

We are not all going to agree on the musical episode and how talented some of the actors are at singing.

Some of us think it's a horrible idea. Some think it's a great idea. Some are taking a wait and see approach.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

None of them could be worse than Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia! And yet he was fine in that it seemed genuine instead of polished. It didn't ruin anything or really matter that he couldn't sing.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah he was no Broadway song even though I love hearing his version of All is said and done for some reason
Old 02-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
The only people in that cast that could actually sing were Sara and Owen. Everyone else didn't sing, they talk-sing. Is that what Lana is gonna do, cause again she can't sing.
Wut? Chyler Leigh, Chandra Wilson and Jessica Capshaw say hi. (That's not counting Ellen who did indeed sing more than a few lines in at least three ensemble songs if I remember correctly.) And out of those three/four only Chandra had a serious musical background. That's not to say similar results can be achieved with everyone, but many musicals on tv or the big screen work quite well with non- or semi-professionals carrying part of the work load.

Make no mistake, I certainly don't have any major need for her to participate in this... musical experiment, but I honestly don't get your apparent need to keep harping on Lana in connection with this episode either. Especially since, as far as I'm aware, there's no confirmation of any kind yet that she's even gonna sing at all. Just because some of the locations mentioned on that prep sheet are Regina/EQ related doesn't mean she'll be the (only) one doing some actual singing there.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Closed Thread   Post New Thread