Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

I knew there was no Ali Babba. Leaf lady was just messing around.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Charming was already intended to be permanent by the time they cast the Pilot. And then they decided to expand his role in the Pilot a d beyond once they saw Josh. Older interviews including one from EW in 2012 have RC saying that the Rumplestiltskin character was originally intended to be used sparingly for greater effect. That's all changed. And Colin was originally hired as a recurring guest star. They always intended to have Hook but who can say for how long considering the hiring. Same with Belle. Or Zelena. But Mary Margaret was originally going to be a nun. And Emma was supposed to be named Anna. So none of that matters. We have a core cast of characters now. And I would find it hard to argue that the main protagonist's love interest and her father who is also the love interest of the first billed character are not as important to the story as any other characters at this point. And by story, I mean overall seasons 1-6 not just the section they are currently telling. All the regular main characters are important. Even Zelena who is arguably the least essential regular character has been important to the overall story. A lot of rambling to say that it no longer matters the original intent or we would be watching Anna the savior and her nun mother Mary Margaret.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Do you mean Hook instead of Rumple? Although I think they always wanted to have Hook as a character. Not sure how permanent it was until they actually saw Colin in the role. I've never heard Rumple wasn't supposed to be permanent. I don't think whether characters were meant to be permanent has anything to do with anything as far as the show's finale. They were all first season characters who have been here almost since the beginning or at the beginning. Charming and Belle and Hook for that matter all ended up intended to be permanent so I don't think it matters what original intentions are. And all, IMO will be a big part of any finale.

I don't mean this to negate anyone's opinion by the way. I just don't agree that those characters wouldn't be a big part of the finale.

I hope the Robin fans get good stuff coming up and that he actually stays with the show.
I guess it depends on how far in advance they planned the final scenes and how set in stone the ending is at this point. They have said that they know how the series will end. But, I'm not sure how long they have had the ending in mind. If it is part of their original plan, before Charming, Rumple and Belle were important parts of the canvas, they may be present, but they might not play pivotal parts in the ending. Does that make sense or did I just make it more confusing?

I actually think everyone will stay, especially if it's announced that this season or even season 7 are the last.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Nobody's leaving. There's no need to panic.

The cast is fine the way it is.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

I understand what you're saying.

But they would be pretty poor writers if they didn't kind of change with the times. However they originally wanted to end, things change.

No one, on here, is panicking. But RC's interview certainly hints at something, IMO.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

Well, to be realistic, isn't this everyone's last full year? They finish off 6B early in 2017. Then after the break they start on 7A. Then by 2018 they wrap up the show.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I am not paniccing
Old 01-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Charming was already intended to be permanent by the time they cast the Pilot. And then they decided to expand his role in the Pilot a d beyond once they saw Josh. Older interviews including one from EW in 2012 have RC saying that the Rumplestiltskin character was originally intended to be used sparingly for greater effect. That's all changed. And Colin was originally hired as a recurring guest star. They always intended to have Hook but who can say for how long considering the hiring. Same with Belle. Or Zelena. But Mary Margaret was originally going to be a nun. And Emma was supposed to be named Anna. So none of that matters. We have a core cast of characters now. And I would find it hard to argue that the main protagonist's love interest and her father who is also the love interest of the first billed character are not as important to the story as any other characters at this point. And by story, I mean overall seasons 1-6 not just the section they are currently telling. All the regular main characters are important. Even Zelena who is arguably the least essential regular character has been important to the overall story. A lot of rambling to say that it no longer matters the original intent or we would be watching Anna the savior and her nun mother Mary Margaret.
Wonderfully stated. There is not one regular character on this show that isn't essential to the story. The journeys of all the characters are so intertwined at this point that their happy endings are dependent on one an other. Who really cares about the original concept? Most shows change from the concept presented in the pilot, never mind the changes the characters undergo in 6 seasons. I actually remember one of the promo segments before the show aired and Ginny referred to her character as sister Mary Margaret. In the pilot Mary Margaret wears a cross necklace when she is teaching. Both of those concepts were quickly abandoned.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well you can wear a cross without being a nun. I used to wear one on Sunday's when I was a kid. I did like Mm throwaway line in 1.03 that she's not a nun
Old 01-08-2017, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

Religion seems kind of irrelevant with these characters. Especially since there are apparently different beliefs in the enchanted forest.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Well you can wear a cross without being a nun. I used to wear one on Sunday's when I was a kid. I did like Mm throwaway line in 1.03 that she's not a nun
That was a great line and probably a bit of an inside joke referencing her original vocation. Makes me nostalgic for season 1. But, I appreciate how the characters have grown over 6 seasons.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Sorry dp again
Old 01-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Elite Fan

I just wanted to post this regarding the Colin and Hook thing because AGAIN I am seeing it to make it kinda clear so hopefully that is ok with everyone. And yes i do remember hearing about Charming being dead but they didnt go through it, and how Belle was only for one episode and also Emma's name was Anna. And also Graham was written to be dead in few episodes in, even the actor knew this before the show took off.

This is what Adam and Eddy have always said about Hook/Colin. He was wanted since season 1. And was made series regular before his first episode aired, none of us and the viewers saw him before.

Media articles about his series regular status before his first episode aired
Once Upon a Time Hooks Colin O'Donoghue to Become Series Regular - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Once Upon a Time's Captain Hook Speaks! Colin O'Donoghue Talks Playing a Disney Villain in Season 2 | E! News UK

Adam deleted a bunch of tweets as he usually does lol.

From the official OUAT magazine out in the middle of season 2

And this one.. .I don't have a screen cap of the magazine

Again as I said just wanted to post these for info and what was been said regarding this, and be taken as gesture of goodwill. I also apologise that I am talking away from and about spoilers and spec since this is the thread for it.
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones

Last edited by Lennie1984; 01-08-2017 at 04:29 PM
Old 01-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

They didn't go through with Charming being dead because Channing Dungey, now head of ABC, told them it was a bad idea when they were pitching the concept. And that was long before they even cast the Pilot. I can post screen caps where Josh just blew them away with his acting. So much that they expanded his role in the Pilot and beyond just for him. . And literally who cares what the original intention was. I am so sick and tired of some fans using that stupid old argument about Charming dying against the importance of Charming now and in the past 6 seasons. . And the trotting out proof that Hook was always intended to show how much more important he is. I personally think Snow, Charming, Rumple and Belle are all every bit as important as Hook and each other. Regardless of original intention. Just please can we stop with the Hook is so much more important because he was always intended.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

Firstly I am not trotting out info because I like to trot or whatever it is you want to call it. Like I said in my first post why I did it since its good to know stuff. And also have some respect too!!!!
And again I have nothing against Charming, not sure where you think I have said something against Charming nor do I think he has no importance. I like Charming and Josh, I am glad we have him, and he has importance in his own aspect of what character he is and family. Neither am I or anyone saying one character is important then the other. But I will always maintain Emma is the main central lead and protagonist of this show and story that is from the start. That's my final thing to say on this matter.
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones

Last edited by Lennie1984; 01-08-2017 at 04:39 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread