Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2016, 05:16 AM
Loyal Fan

While i dont like the lack of CS focus this season had so far, it could be far...far...far worse.
They are happy together and move in together into the CS house, considering the other ship...CS is the one with the least angst etc.

Now i agree with the regina overload...im just so bored with this character.
Even worse is that we now have to endure this character twice instead of getting more focus on the snowing story, Belle or CS.
Its been like that for way too long and too much.

We have more flashbacks and know more about Reginas whole life then we know about Emma Swan.

A shipper will always be frustrated because a shipper wants his ship to be in the focus 24/7, so its understandable when somebody is not happy with the current story.
But the same that applys to everybody else applys to CS too...the show is not based around ships.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account
Old 12-02-2016, 05:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
Maybe now you can understand where CS fans are coming from with their distrust for the writers and not believing what Adam and Eddy are saying now. Also all of this is stuff I've seen in the fandom and all IMO are valid points.
You speak for yourself as a fan of CS and not for every or the most of the CS fans as the other fans of them have shown in this thread and I am sorry but I cannot take complaints serious anymore where it is about not getting every single thing that you want or your couple not having enough when every other couple has so much less screentime, they are dead or split up or have only ever angst and seperations like Rumbelle.

Old 12-02-2016, 05:21 AM
Master Fan

By they way, love the new thread title.

And RC must have laughed to himself at having to actually deliver that line with a straight face.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
While i dont like the lack of CS focus this season had so far, it could be far...far...far worse.
They are happy together and move in together into the CS house, considering the other ship...CS is the one with the least angst etc.
Honestly, after a terrible self serving Regina/Rumple arc like Operation Morongoose in 4B, nothing really bothers me anymore. At least no one is trying to get some author to change things for them because life is so unfair boo hoo hoo.

Compared to season 4 which mostly took place in SB, this season has been a great improvement.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:26 AM
Master Fan

I actually think this half season was the worst ever on the show. I know others will disagree. We all have our favorite arcs.

Literally my only hope for the mid-season finale is that Rumple and Belle don't threaten each other. That's how low my expectations are.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:42 AM
Elite Fan

Snow is going to sleep through the finale and the story of Charming's father. Charming said two lines in the premiere, 5 words in 6.08 and was not even onscreen in 6.09. The much awaited story of his father looks to really be about Hook from spoilers. So I just cannot take seriously the complaints that Hook is the one being sidelined.

And if he is for this arc, then just join the club. Snow, Charming and Belle have been sidelined for years. Snow and Charming are core characters since the Pilot. The first three years they had ample storylines. And now they are props for Regina and Hook, respectively, even the rare chances they get scenes with their daughter. The SleepingCurse plot is really more about Regina than it is the two of them.

So I get being frustrated but I have no sympathy for complaining from fans of the preferred characters about lack of storyline. It's different if a Regina fan says that they do not like her current storyline. Or a Hook fan says they wish the relationship with Henry or Liam was explored more. Or an Emma fan wishes she wouldn't keep things from her family and friends. But to say those three are not the focus just isn't true. I hate to admit it because his character trope annoys me, but Hook has replaced Snow as the third lead in effect. And he gets more story than three of the original core characters: Rumple; Snow; and Charming. So complaining because he is Emma's support right now instead of being the focus is about as unsympathetic as if I complained about Charming in season 2.

But the show can be enjoyable even if your favorite is sidelined if you look for the moments. And not watch for one character or ship only. I have had to admit that Snowing is no longer considered as important in the writers eyes anymore. Much like your favorites from an original movie being in the sequel but not playing much a role. But now that I have accepted that the show is much more enjoyable.

I was disappointed that Charming was not shown or even mentioned last episode. But I still enjoyed it because it was a wonderful episode for Belle. And there was a lovely Snow and Jasmine scene.

Anyway it is the story of Henry's big odd family all comibg to love each other. Last season was Hook and Emma's love story so CS had tons of focus. This season has been Regina coming to love herself. And Emma coming to terms with her destiny. Hook is a supporting part of it. But really makeout scenes in flowers are no longer needed to show them as TL. They are an established couple now. And if any of us are watching for focus on an established couple having multiple domestic scenes, we will be disappointed. Snowing has shown that. And Rumbelle. And even OQ last season.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:50 AM
Elite Fan

I'm surprised how less negative you've become about Aladdin and Jasmine, since it turns out they weren't intended to be the next Arthur and Merida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Much like your favorites from an original movie being in the sequel but not playing much a role.
*sigh* Han and Leia. They were so happy at the end of the original trilogy.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I actually think this half season was the worst ever on the show. I know others will disagree. We all have our favorite arcs.
My least favorite was the whole of s5 but not because of any one character but because of the whole writing for the whole season and this half I see some good things at least, but it is true that it is different for everyone.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

Perhaps thinning out the guest characters by eliminating Jekyll and Hyde early in the arc was the right move.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I'm surprised how less negative you've become about Aladdin and Jasmine, since it turns out they weren't intended to be the next Arthur and Merida.
Jasmine and Snow are adorable friends. Aladdin was cute with Emma and with Belle/Zelena. Still not sold on their chemistry as a couple but that has not been a focus of the storytelling so it hasn't been an issue.

Quote:
*sigh* Han and Leia. They were so happy at the end of the original trilogy.
A perfect example. And eventually the focus on Once will probably shift again to Henry/Violet if they ever do a time jump to get Henry to Jared's real age and it stays on air a couple more seasons.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:23 AM
Master Fan

Once Upon a Time Season 6 Fall Finale Preview: Emilie de Ravin Talks Rumple and Belle - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote:
Sometimes it can be hard to tell who is having the roughest time on Once Upon a Time, but going into Sunday's fall finale it's pretty safe to say that Belle (Emilie de Raven) and Rumple (Robert Carlyle) are at the top of the "This sucks" list.

The estranged spouses have been fighting non-stop since discovering that Belle was pregnant with their child. Rumple's inability to stay away from the power of the Dark One made Belle feel very conflicted about what role he should play in their baby's life. Warnings from the dream-adult version of their soon to be son (Giles Matthey) didn't really help them come to a satisfying custody agreement either.

Now baby Gideon has been taken away by the fairies until Belle and Rumple can come to an agreement about how their child should be raised. Right now, the two are as far apart from each other as they ever have been, but a "surprising danger" will force them to work together in the fall finale.

TVGuide.com talked with de Ravin before Sunday's episode to figure out how Belle is feeling, what she needs from Rumple to feel that Gideon is safe and what's in store for the blockbuster episode ahead. Check out her answers below.

What is Belle's emotional state going into this finale after last week's really emotional episode?
Emilie de Ravin: Yeah, that was a really emotional episode to put it lightly. It was really fun to play, first of all. Well, then it was sad and disturbing, but it was heartbreaking to be dealing with the issues she had to deal with. She's a really strong young woman, but she's, kind of at the moment, going into this weekend's episode going into this state where you're broken, but you're a strong person. You're a parent and you'll do anything, literally anything -- you'd die for your kid. As fragile, emotional and heartbreaking what she's just had to do is, [it] is for her child's safety. There is this drive that you just don't give up. You just don't give up and you will do anything and everything to survive. Even though the child is not with her, it's a survival instinct that just kicks in because you're a parent.

Whether the child is with her or not, she knows that she has to be there with him, wherever he is and ultimately hoping that they will be together. There's that mixture of being heartbroken, even though she knows she did the right thing and believes she did the right thing. That loss, just from a physical standpoint, being separated from your newborn child is kind of insane. She's really driven right now and that non-stop energy to never give up, keep going and finding out all the truths that she needs to find out from Gold to get back to her son in an environment where he's safe -- which is not what they're going through right now.

Speaking of Gold, she did say that this is only meant to be a temporary separation from the child until she can make sure it's safe. What exactly does that mean? Does Belle want to completely defeat Gold or what is the dream scenario for her to get her son back?
de Ravin: I don't think she has a scenario specifically outlined in her mind of what that would be, but just figure out whatever obstacles are put in her place to make that environment a reality. You can't deal with a situation until you really know what's going on. At the moment, I think she's in a position of not really knowing how to do that and having to find out more information before she can actually take action to make that happen.

She's made it pretty clear that she's not interested in a romantic relationship with Rumple anymore, but is there any hope in Belle's mind that there could be a co-parenting relationship, or did last week's episode erase those possibilities as well?
de Ravin: I don't think anything is erased. She will never have anything to do with him if she thinks its not good for their child. If she thinks it is, she will. She'll do whatever is best for the little one, and the future will hold the key to that one. As far as [Belle and Rumple's] relationship, you never know. Maybe this is a turning point and there is no going back or maybe it's one of those things where you look back and go, "I never thought that I would get through that," or "I never thought that person would change," and they do. Sometimes they don't.

What would Rumple need to do for Belle to even start trusting him again? They're at perhaps their lowest point yet.
de Ravin: They'll have to take a lot of steps to enlist any sort of trust. I totally agree with that. A big part of that trust, if there is trust to be won back, will be predominantly relevant to how he deals with the baby and the situation with what's best for the baby.

Emma and the Charmings all have some experience about giving up or having to be separated from their child. Will Belle have a chance to bond with any of them about what she's going through?
de Ravin: I don't know!...That'd be nice though, wouldn't it? Maybe they could all go to a group therapy session together. There are a lot of people that have gone through a lot of things on this show. It's definitely not an easy life we all live, as is reality. That's one of the things I love about this show.

Once Upon a Time Mega Buzz: Is there still hope for Belle and Rumple?

Are we going to feel better or worse for Belle after the finale than we did after Sunday's episode?
de Ravin: [laughs] I don't know! I can't tell people how to feel, but I hope people don't feel really bad or worse. I hope they feel more intrigued.

What are you most excited for people to see in the fall finale?
de Ravin: There's a lot of stuff going on and a lot of fun storytelling. I think people are going to enjoy it. I'm excited, personally, to see a lot of the ultimate fairy tale stuff with Snow and Charming.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

Emilie is such a sweetheart. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
By they way, love the new thread title.

And RC must have laughed to himself at having to actually deliver that line with a straight face.
I liked that line.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the posting the interview.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:30 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
Interesting. Judging by the script teases, the sneak peek and everything else I am seeing, most of the action is going to take place between Hook, Emma, Regina and the Evil Queen in Storybrooke. I really think the AU is only going to be a couple of scenes. Probably the nightingale that has been extensively spoiled through photos and the scene of Regina and Emma in the forest. I really think fears of Hook and Emma being separated are unfounded. Then, Emma is back sometime in the spring premier episode. I think Entertainment Weekly is trying to make the AU out to be more than it's actually going to end up being on screen. The whole thing looks like it is more about explaining Robin returning for a few episodes when the show comes back.
This is exactly what I've been thinking. I think the whole Emma with her parents in the EF will be a couple of scenes, possibly scenes where either Snow or Charming don't even have dialog with anyone else, just stand there like wax statues. I think that A&E have spent too much storyline pandering to viewer outrage and twitter blasters. Seriously, when someone dies in other shows, they usually don't get "brought back" so that people can have closure. That is what a funeral is for. Too much time is spent "setting up" the next storyline rather than fully developing the storyline they started out on.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread