Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2016, 07:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
I'm really sorry to hear you have reached the point where you need a break. This is supposedly a show about hope, maybe it will turn out to be that for Rumple and Belle too.
In my opinion this is a problem. They still say it is a show about hope, but less and less long time fans still honestly believe in it.

Being a show about hope does not mean characters can't die. They have always killed characters, from the very beginning. But meaningless or careless death bothers viewers and there is no hope in a death like Robin Hood's, father of two who leaves a 5 year old orphaned bcause they killed Maid Marian already.

Or when you see they can bend their rules about death, loss, always being in a bad palce for this and that character, but not for others. How can you take anything writers say serious when they contradict themselves or twist their rules to make their stories work. I respect Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis for what they created, but in my opinion they have become more careless over time.

As a fan of them I am happy about the Snowing news. But I am careful too because they often promise things at the beginning of a season and the first episodes are good, but then it goes downhill again. I will watch for them, Snowing, but I understand it too why many fans left or are going on a break from the show.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:51 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTuesdays (View Post)
In my opinion this is a problem. They still say it is a show about hope, but less and less long time fans still honestly believe in it.

Being a show about hope does not mean characters can't die. They have always killed characters, from the very beginning. But meaningless or careless death bothers viewers and there is no hope in a death like Robin Hood's, father of two who leaves a 5 year old orphaned bcause they killed Maid Marian already.

Or when you see they can bend their rules about death, loss, always being in a bad palce for this and that character, but not for others. How can you take anything writers say serious when they contradict themselves or twist their rules to make their stories work. I respect Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis for what they created, but in my opinion they have become more careless over time.

As a fan of them I am happy about the Snowing news. But I am careful too because they often promise things at the beginning of a season and the first episodes are good, but then it goes downhill again. I will watch for them, Snowing, but I understand it too why many fans left or are going on a break from the show.
I agree with everything you said. It's a huge problem with this show and it's very hard to hold onto hope. It's especially hard if you are a Rumple and Belle fan or a Regina and Robin fan. Last season was rough, even for us Snow and Charming fans, who experienced more neglect than disappointment. I hope they learned from last season though. Too many characters were underutilized and they kept promising character development that never happened. I hate to see fans loose complete hope in a show that's supposed be about hope but I understand why it's happening. I'm cautious in my optimism.

ETA
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/23...son-6-spoilers

This one includes a sneak peek.

ETA
'Once Upon a Time' Romance Rundown: Here's What's Next for All the Couples in Season 6!

I am not fond of blaming Ginny's real life pregnancy for Snow being sidelined unless Ginny told her that was the reason why we haven't seen Snow since season 3. Otherwise, it is just supposition.

Last edited by kristi_adela; 09-23-2016 at 11:52 AM
Old 09-23-2016, 03:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Hyde is creepy. Love how we actually see more townspeople that y'know actually live in SB.....

and Hyde can shrug off direct magical attacks from Emma/Regina combined. Good grief.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm25 (View Post)
Hyde is creepy. Love how we actually see more townspeople that y'know actually live in SB.....

and Hyde can shrug off direct magical attacks from Emma/Regina combined. Good grief.
He seems to be immune to magic, which is frightening. I think that's why Emma has to use that taser on him that came from the land of Untold Stories.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

I see the sneak peeks are in good chronological order. Why not ABC just release the episode a day early? They did that with the season 2 premiere.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
I see the sneak peeks are in good chronological order. Why not ABC just release the episode a day early? They did that with the season 2 premiere.
They did release the pre-Premiere Special early.

Hyde's immunity from magic piqued my interest very much.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Hey, dropping by just to u guys. Because I do love this fandom, and our different ideas.
I do stand my point that they're doing their worse to support the fandom as a whole, but I'm glad, besides our differences, this thread is still strong and nice.

PS: See, u'r all so nice I keep coming back, damn u!

RoseBennett
Old 09-23-2016, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
PS: See, u'r all so nice I keep coming back, damn u!
Awww...
Old 09-23-2016, 07:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the Morpheus and Rumple sneak peek. I'm curious about the stakes Morpheus has in Belle. I wonder if he wants her to stay asleep? Maybe he will be out of a job if she wakes up.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the link.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

interesting Morpheus crossing with Rumple!

I can't wait all these spoilers plays out!!

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 09-23-2016, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so glad about the sneak peeks.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

and thats probably like the first 10 mins of the show
Aladdin intro
CS pre-coffee
the Blimp
Rumple and Morpheus