Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2016, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I remember "fans" saying that Colin made Jen uncomfortable with a sexual joke. Another time it was that Jen doesn't have boundaries and makes Colin uncomfortable.

Please.

The actors are all adults who work together a lot. They probably make sexual jokes from time to time like most adults do. I wish people would just realize that their comfort level is different than someone else's. That's it. No need to tag the actors or try to interpret how they feel,.

At least the conventions get us talking a little bit
Old 06-06-2016, 06:55 AM
Elite Fan

The criticism usually doesn't come from fans that were there in person but from others who are just reading tweets about it and making second hand judgements without the context. For instance, Lana made a joke that she an Ginny "have a history together too" because they drove up to Vancouver together for season one filming. Now all of the sudden they "hooked up" on the trip because they swam in their underwear on the trip.

And even though it happened after the Disneyland trip where Ginny has admitted to already dating Josh and knowing she'll marry him.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:05 AM
Master Fan

I think in general people are way too sensitive and take offense much too easily.

But no matter what they say I think someone, somewhere will be offended.

Sometimes the criticism is warranted and sometimes it's not. I think it just depends on what was said and the context.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I think in general people are way too sensitive and take offense much too easily.

But no matter what they say I think someone, somewhere will be offended.

Sometimes the criticism is warranted and sometimes it's not. I think it just depends on what was said and the context.
Agree. And the actors have their own opinions and have a right to express them without people getting offended or reading too much into it when you're only getting second hand reports so don't fully get the context.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Agree. And the actors have their own opinions and have a right to express them without people getting offended or reading too much into it when you're only getting second hand reports so don't fully get the context.
Absolutely. I don't always like or agree with the actor's comments or viewpoint but I respect their right to give it and clearly they may have a different perspective than we do. I've gotten much more mellow about these things, LOL.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Same and people do get offended to easily.

I agree with what Emilie said about the crystal and it wasent negative toward the ship
Old 06-06-2016, 09:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Sadly we live in times were literaly everything upsets or offends people.
It doesnt even have to be something negative...no matter what it is, people find a way to twist it and make it into a issue.

As for Lana...i tend to not take anything too serious what she says.
She seems like a nice person, but she has a very different mindset then the rest of the cast.
(Here i had a bit of a rant towards a certain ship and Lana...but i decided that its not really useful and it makes me more upset then it should, so i deleted it)

Lana clearly loves Regina and thinks she is the greatest character...so its understandable that she gets a bit carried away from time to time.
Especially in the earlier interviews of a new season, you can see that she goes a bit over the top...most recently when she said that Regina will be the new saviour(although i think she has been missquoted or something)

In the End it comes down to the same thing...people shouldnt get too upset, its just TV in the end.
Just enjoy it instead of seeing a problem everywhere or creating one just for the sake of it.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account
Old 06-06-2016, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think all of the actors have said things in interviews that were a little bit off or they talked about something that they understood to be a big thing for their character but it didn't end up that way in the show.

Every actor should think their character is the best. They have to so they can give a great performance.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sadly we live in times were literaly everything upsets or offends people.
It doesnt even have to be something negative...no matter what it is, people find a way to twist it and make it into a issue.
Sad but true. Some things people have a right to be offended about but in general a lot of stuff people get offended about I just have to roll my eyes. But in fairness, we have different life experiences that would make something that is offensive to one person not offensive to another so....

Quote:
I think all of the actors have said things in interviews that were a little bit off or they talked about something that they understood to be a big thing for their character but it didn't end up that way in the show.
Very true.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
Every actor should think their character is the best. They have to so they can give a great performance.
Mte. You can always tell the difference between an actor who loves and believes in their character and one who's just going through the motions.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 06-06-2016, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

It makes me really happy we're having this conversation because there is absolutely a double standard that exists in the Once fandom. Some actors get crucified for voicing their opinions, and others get a free pass of sorts.

I used to frequent a Once forum (not here), where the double standards applied to the characters, and omg, it drove me nuts every day. There were verbal attacks and baiting happening quite frequently, eventually, it got to the point, where I was like, my mental health doesn't need this. I'm gone.

Sometimes, you just have to let it go and be in your happy place to maintain your sanity, especially in this fandom; where things can get nasty real quick.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm actually going to disagree that this is the best medium to air these particular grievances. It doesn't go on here, and it's not relevant to Spoilers, so now that everyone has had their say, I would prefer if the conversation stayed a little closer to topic.

I know it's hiatus time and there isn't much else to discuss, but this just isn't the place.

Sorry, guys.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 06-06-2016, 01:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild sage growing (View Post)
I'm actually going to disagree that this is the best medium to air these particular grievances. It doesn't go on here, and it's not relevant to Spoilers, so now that everyone has had their say, I would prefer if the conversation stayed a little closer to topic.

I know it's hiatus time and there isn't much else to discuss, but this just isn't the place.

Sorry, guys.
Sorry.

In my defense, my favorite is in a box so there's not much more to say right now.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

No, no, don't apologize. I wanted to give you guys all the chance to speak your piece, and now that you have, I just think we should let that particular discussion lie.

It's ok to get a little OT when we don't have much else to say.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 06-06-2016, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Sorry.

In my defense, my favorite is in a box so there's not much more to say right now.
She looked so beautiful in the convention pics. I wish they'd let her keep the natural blonde hair and lighter makeup for the show.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread