Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2016, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

I don't think they're done with the flashbacks. They will have to explain how Jekyl created Hyde. And most likely his history with the dark one.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think they'll ever be done with flashbacks
Old 05-16-2016, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

Lost certainly never gave up.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

As long as we don't have a flash forward I'll be fine nor a evil queen fb since we have one in the present lol
Old 05-16-2016, 08:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I don't think they're done with the flashbacks. They will have to explain how Jekyl created Hyde. And most likely his history with the dark one.
Yes, maybe also some more evil queen flashbacks.
There are Flashbacks that we need to see or who would be nice to see.

Rumples mother, more of belle, Killians Mother, more young snow or charming etc...flashback wise there is a lot they could do...but somehow they mostly feel rather boring.

I dont need Regina flashback number 2000, we already know more then enough about her.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account
Old 05-16-2016, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah please no more Eq fbs. I am hoping with the Eq in Sb we can be done with those this season
Old 05-16-2016, 09:06 AM
Elite Fan

How does the EQ have magic if they untethered the crystal?

Oh god. Don't tell me she and Hyde are going to hook up.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

It wasn't my least favorite finale of theirs, but it was close. I don't like the disconnect to the rest of the season they now often have in their finales and I like it better when it's about fairytales than about steampunk and horror, but I know that's my
problem and others will like it fine.

I don't think they used the two hours well. The first had 1-2 nice moments, but it was wasted more than used well and the second hour was messy and confusing because too many things happened.

I worry that by making the evil side of the characters -I say characters because I think next season others will split too; at least Rumplestiltskin- a seperate person they are simplifying the issue.

And to me it's like repeating the Regina story from season 4 with the author for her, but I don't understand why. Other than that they think the split person effect is cool, but Robin didn't have to die for this effect.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

I hope they bring back the Dark Grail. Something like that could come in pretty handy.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So, I watched the finale just to bring some closure to myself regarding the series. Kind of glad I did so I wasn't left wondering ... what if?

In my opinion, the Regina storyline|cliffhanger, definitely read as a tactic|ploy just to try and lure Regina fans back into tuning in again next season. Or what's left of them anyway. They obviously knew they were going to piss off a whole lot of her fans with the Robin Hood decision.

I have to be honest, since Regina was the remaining reason I was sticking around, I still do not feel the incentive to stay with it, even after this finale. First off, I was not even that much into the Jekyll and Hyde story. I was underwhelmed by it. I enjoyed parts of the NYC adventure more. Sure, it was a bit interesting superficially speaking when they applied the concept to Regina with the split, as it gave them their way to bring back the EQ, but I am torn about the deeper point to it. Isn't the point to Jekyll and Hyde the realization you have to accept all of who you are, what makes you 'you'? If so, this story of going up against the EQ is rendered a bit meaningless as Regina will have to eventually accept her back.

Also, I am kind of uncomfortable with this arc insinuating the EQ was just some separate part of Regina? What does this say about everything she has experienced, how this all shaped her, and her entire redemption up until this point? In my opinion, it is kind of like retconning it and I am not really comfortable with that. I still think they just wanted the EQ back and this was their way to do it.

My biggest pet peeve remains this: This direction has not shown me AT ALL that it was necessary to obliterate Robin Hood and OQ! While watching, I still felt VERY cheated by his disclusion after all the bad writing treatment for OQ in s4 and now s5.

I don't know. Regina may still be on the show, maybe she will get some more focus than she has gotten for 6A next season, but I still am left with an empty feeling while watching Regina's story in the finale after all the misleading promises regarding Robin + OQ. I don't believe this show has the time left to even delve into, let alone develop, a new True Love story for her after everything. Because to even do it too soon, will both be rushed and leave any OQ fans left resentful.

Which leads me to voicing this:

I am not happy about the 'independent woman' trope being pushed to justify the destruction of OQ. I understand that people can find happiness outside of romantic relationships but c'mon. This is a show steeped in fairytales and true love and I am not ashamed to admit I want romantic love to be part of it. Regina can have both her own identity AND a romantic true love as her Happy Ending. After the fate of Daniel being the core of her character's journey? I am not satisfied with some conclusion being forced on us: oh, her happy ending is just herself. Being content with herself. Okay, but um, no. Human beings do thrive better with positive relationships. It would be a lonely boring world with just 'ourself.' What also annoys me about that is in the meantime, we get to see the rest of the main characters with a romantic true love as part of their HE? Regina's journey moving forward to me just feels empty after they destroyed the 'second chance at true love' hope.

I just have a knowing that at series end, Regina's conclusion will not satisfy me. So why watch?

Other points:

Regina and Zelena hug made me cringe. Sorry, but their relationship was put too much on fast forward for me to take it seriously.

I thought the fountain scene with Henry was a bit ridiculous and unrealistic - where he announced everything to the general public? Did not work for me really especially since they hide who they are in our world outside of SB.

As said, did not care too much for the Jekyll and Hyde Story which is the highlight next season.

No idea where they are going with Rumple's darkness nor the plot with Belle????

A few things I did like:

Aspects of the NYC journey that involved Regina, Emma, and Rumple.

The Rumple|Regina scenes. Especially their visit to the Dragon.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sad that there aren't any post episode interviews! I wish we had some idea what their thoughts are for next season. I am really happy they made the decision to keep the characters in Storybrooke for a while
Old 05-16-2016, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

I think the EQ is going to need to change her clothes, if she doesn't want to be found out.

No doubt she's probably going to team up with Hyde.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I am not happy about the 'independent woman' trope being pushed to justify the destruction of OQ. I understand that people can find happiness outside of romantic relationships but c'mon. This is a show steeped in fairytales and true love and I am not ashamed to admit I want romantic love to be part of it. Regina can have both her own identity AND a romantic true love as her Happy Ending. After the fate of Daniel being the core of her character's journey? I am not satisfied with some conclusion being forced on us: oh, her happy ending is just herself. Being content with herself.
I understand you. If they want Regina to show that not everyone has to have romantic love as their happy ending, they should not have given her Robin Hood as her second true love. Or they should not have had him come back in season 4. They made romantic love important to her story and tragic. Of course the fans must feel cheated if this tragedy is the message that is left at the end of her story and the writers want them to be happy about it. And everyone wants to be love and be loved, it's human nature. They cannot praise it as the real happy ending for some and then say others must settle for less in their happy ending. But I think either Regina or Rumplestiltskin will die a hero's death at the end and they will say that is their happy ending.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
I'm sad that there aren't any post episode interviews! I wish we had some idea what their thoughts are for next season. I am really happy they made the decision to keep the characters in Storybrooke for a while
Nothing at all?! Wow. Just like at the end of season four. Quiet as a mouse.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

Interesting reading everyone's thoughts.

I find it a little odd since one of the chief complaints of this thread is of the guest stars having too much of a center role in the story, and the series regulars not. Yet, I have read nothing of the sort so far when the vast majority of the story, especially hour 1, was all about the Guest Stars' story. There was basically no development for Snow, David, Hook or Zelena individually or amongst each other. The story was all Jekyll and Hyde's reveal.

So the silence is unusual for this board.

Having said that, I really enjoyed the Jekyll/Hyde story and was excited about including gothic stories into the fairy tale mix. The visuals of Dr. Hyde attempting to fix the wand was one of my favorite scenes that made me sit a little taller. Obviously not as dark as Penny Dreadful, but I really enjoyed the story twist of separating the two characters and both actors were superb.

And of course, I really enjoyed the Emma bookend to close out a very emotionally turbulent season for her.

Very curious how the Evil Queen will manifest it self in Storybrooke and exactly what havoc she will bring to the town. Was hoping of post-episode interviews to see where the guys are taking the story, and why did they have Snow suggest the serum for Regina? That was the only head-scratcher for me at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
I guess it depends on what's happening in Storybrooke. If it's sitting around and chatting like the Emma, Regina and Rumple scenes in NY then I'll pass. It was essentially one repeated conversation for two hours.

After the Emma/Regina apartment scene, I got it (Regina's insight). I didn't need to hear Emma, the Dragon, and Snow repeat similar thoughts to Regina with Rumple egging her to retread the dark path. Which made Regina/EQ's scene so anti-climatic. As soon as the Jekyll/Hyde's separation in the first hour, it was obvious the same fate awaited Regina in hour 2. There certainly was no mystery or shocking factor to it. They basically cast a blinking neon sign over Regina after the apartment scene.

Although kudos to Lana on the rooftop scene performance.

Last edited by CityGal; 05-16-2016 at 12:35 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread