Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2015, 04:30 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
I just wanted to drop in and say that it seems to me that on this thread no one is saying that this arc shouldn't have had the CS development. The posts I've seen look more like people just wish that there had been more story for the other characters. So it's not so much blaming CS/Hook it's more that they sidelined some story potential.

But I do think it was time tha A&E focused on Emma's romantic love. I've been very happy with this arc and my only complaint is I wish it could be longer to include all those scenes that are lacking...
Thank you. No one has said ANYTHING against Captain Swan. We simply expressed a desire to have the show back more balanced again, or even to have the arc that was promoted at Comic Con, where we saw the whole main cast involved. No one isn't happy for CS fans about the relationship development. And like I said earlier, this arc has really split the fandom. Any slight criticism is greeted with accusations of being anti CS.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:31 AM
Elite Fan

Sorry dp.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:40 AM
Elite Fan

Balanced? This arc has had centrics with Emma, Charming, Regina, Belle, Henry and Snowing. The Bear King was only done because ABC asked for another episode.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
I just wanted to drop in and say that it seems to me that on this thread no one is saying that this arc shouldn't have had the CS development. The posts I've seen look more like people just wish that there had been more story for the other characters. So it's not so much blaming CS/Hook it's more that they sidelined some story potential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Thank you. No one has said ANYTHING against Captain Swan. We simply expressed a desire to have the show back more balanced again, or even to have the arc that was promoted at Comic Con, where we saw the whole main cast involved. No one isn't happy for CS fans about the relationship development. And like I said earlier, this arc has really split the fandom. Any slight criticism is greeted with accusations of being anti CS.
Agree with both of you

RoseBennett
Old 11-23-2015, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay I understand a bit more
Old 11-23-2015, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Balanced? This arc has had centrics with Emma, Charming, Regina, Belle, Henry and Snowing. The Bear King was only done because ABC asked for another episode.
Yes they had centrics. But that's it. No continuous storyline. And by the way, there was no Snowing or Snow centric. There has been zero interaction between Emma and Charming and only one scene with Snow and Emma. Regina and Robin have had no development.

And you keep saying that it's about time everyone fought for Emma's happy ending. They have been ever since the curse was broken. They fought to get Emma home to Henry from the EF in season 2. They went to Neverland to save Henry. They went to Camelot to save Emma from the darkness. They put Emma's best interests first in the last episode. One could even argue that Snowing was fighting for Emma's HE when they put her potential darkness in Lily. Everyone else has fought as much for Emma's happy ending as she has theirs.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

One can also argue them going to echo caves was also them helping emma with her happy ending.

Anyway I hope we get the press release today
Old 11-23-2015, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

The Broken Kingdom felt kind of Snowing centric. They were the ones testing Arthur in that episode.

Also, where exactly is the logic in Emma talking with her parents in Storybrooke, when she would just have to act coldly towards them in order to trick the darkness into believing she still wanted to use Excalibur to destroy the light?

She's been undercover this whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
One can also argue them going to echo caves was also them helping emma with her happy ending.
The happy ending they thought she wanted, but she herself wasn't even sure about. They really do assume too much.

Last edited by scififan2009; 11-23-2015 at 06:05 AM
Old 11-23-2015, 06:05 AM
Elite Fan

It's not an assumption when you hold your grieving daughter or when she tells you she loves Neal. She might not be sure but her words to Snow indicated something completely different.

And the writers could easily written a conversation between Emma and her parents like she had with Regina, Hook and Henry.

Emma is more interesting as a character who isn't always right or perfect. She's not a Mary Sue.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:13 AM
Elite Fan

Or maybe she just never got the closure she needed to move on.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Or maybe she just never got the closure she needed to move on.
Yes but that's not what she told them. They are not mind readers. Snow and Charming make mistakrs as parents, just like everyone else. But Emma makes mistakes too. And so does Hook. None of these characters are perfect. Emma and Hook are every bit as flawed as the others.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not exactly happy about Charming and Snow spending more time preparing for the ball with Regina than their own daughter. But it is what it is.

Though I am relieved Regina being the savior storyline didn't end up going anywhere. And thankfully Gold's boasting about being the hero to stop Emma wasn't meant to be taken seriously either. Especially since her plan was always to destroy the darkness. Which makes her more of a hero than him.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:24 AM
Elite Fan

Yes that's an example of a scene that should have been between Emma and her father so was wasted potential.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's what I said could have been with them with the scene with Regina. again Cora definetly gave Regina dance less lessons dance lesson are Princes or marrying a rich guy 101. Still if the scene had to happen emma could have still been there
Old 11-23-2015, 06:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'm not exactly happy about Charming and Snow spending more time preparing for the ball with Regina than their own daughter. But it is what it is.

Though I am relieved Regina being the savior storyline didn't end up going anywhere. And thankfully Gold's boasting about being the hero to stop Emma wasn't meant to be taken seriously either. Especially since her plan was always to destroy the darkness. Which makes her more of a hero than him.
I don't think we need to keep score, myself. Doing so leads to nothing but trouble.

I'm sorry so many people aren't happy with the way OUAT is going. There are definitely things I would change if I could. I just wanted to mention that many CSers are worried about the way things are going for our OTP right now, so we aren't all uniformly overjoyed with the plot our OTP is getting. Hey, at least when your OTP isn't getting story focus, there's less chance that it'll be mucked up, right??

I'm just hoping we can stay more positive and support each other here. That includes supporting those who aren't happy with their fav characters' arc, and supporting those of us whose fav characters are getting story, but who are sad and worried about the development.

We really need spoilers though, in a bad way.