Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2015, 04:54 AM
Elite Fan

I think you are onto something about needing true love to vanquish the darkness and it being a balance. And Killian's name more about restoring the balance than his being the rightful king of Camelot. I wonder when Killian's name gets on Excalibur? It's obviously not on there when Snowing were handling it in the diner.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, with this show all that means is they'll try to redeem him
I'd prefer they just send him back to Camelot and let Gwen deal with him.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I think you are onto something about needing true love to vanquish the darkness and it being a balance. And Killian's name more about restoring the balance than his being the rightful king of Camelot. I wonder when Killian's name gets on Excalibur? It's obviously not on there when Snowing were handling it in the diner.
I agree. I think making Killian the king of Camelot would be a bit out of nowhere. Guin should rule (like she ended up doing after Arthur's death in Merlin). Killian isn't a ruler type - he'd hate it. But we'll see.

I'm super worried about Lancelot. He has provided himself to be such a good and noble guy, if he dies for real this time, I'll be SO sad...

T'Lynn - I'm in love with your icon! *swoon*
Old 10-19-2015, 05:10 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe Killian is the one holding the sword when Emma reforges it with the dagger, and as a result both their names end up on it.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Since OUAT has its own take on the story, i could see killian giving the sword to guineverre.
But just because his name is on it, doesnt mean he pulled it out or so.

Im with your theory Austenphile.
I think the sword represents both sides, good and bad...in that case good is Killian and bad is Emma...completing the sword brings balance...to something.

So far we dont really know Excaliburs purpose at all, it would be nice to free Merlin now...the man needs to answer some questions.
It would interest me how it broke in the first place.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account
Old 10-19-2015, 05:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randysgirl (View Post)
I think so too.

After watching this latest episode, I thought it was interesting that Arthur said when you combine Excalibur, you snuff out the darkness. Of course, the DO voice in Emma's head told her the exact opposite. I'm guessing that it will be neither, and that it's actually all about balance. Everyone has darkness and light and the sword represents the two balanced together - that's why it's "the mightiest sword of all."
That's what I thought of as well. It's basically a balance, Excalibur forms based on a yin/yang kind of connection and that's why Killian and Emma complete and balance it out.

Like was shown in the episode. Their love is true, that's why they were able to succeed where Arthur/Guinevere failed.

The bottom line however is there is an orphaned king and it's not Arthur. He did not restore the kingdom nor the sword, both are merely kept in an illusionary state by dark magic to appear whole. So the question is whom is the orphan king?

It could be Guinevere if we find out she was abandoned but that usually never happens in Arthurian legend so it's got to be someone else unless they twist it so she was abandoned. Guinevere could be the orphaned king much like Elizabeth Swan was the pirate king. However it all depends on the backstory.

This episode also paralleled Arthur and Killian as well. Which is why it makes me believe he's the orphaned king of the prophecy. Being the true owner of Excalibur would make him the rightful king of Camelot even if he won't actually go and rule and instead hand down the throne to Guinevere. It wouldn't change the prophecy.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I like that theory
Old 10-19-2015, 05:29 AM
Absolute Fan

I would love to see the Camelot arc end with Guinevere on the throne. She seems like a good person who understands the balance of love and power (when she's not being mind controlled by Arthur).

I loved that moment last night when Arthur was angry at Charming for betraying his oath as a Knight of the round table, and Charming was like - Screw you and your round table, I care about my family. Loved that.

A&E said we would see who puts Excalibur back in the stone, so I'm very curious to find out how that comes about.

"I don't need a congressional honor. I don't need Agent Thompson's approval or the President's. I know my value, anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter." - Agent Peggy Carter
Old 10-19-2015, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am looking forward to the rest of the season there's a reason this is one of the few shows I watch live
Old 10-19-2015, 05:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I would love to see the Camelot arc end with Guinevere on the throne. She seems like a good person who understands the balance of love and power (when she's not being mind controlled by Arthur).
Assuming there is still a kingdom to go back to. It's no wonder Arthur wants to rebuild a new Camelot in Storybrooke. The original isn't even real.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:42 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Assuming there is still a kingdom to go back to. It's no wonder Arthur wants to rebuild a new Camelot in Storybrooke. The original isn't even real.
I know - I couldn't believe the whole thing was a facade.

Something that confused me in that episode (besides the timeline lol) - When Guinevere and Lancelot went in the DO cave, why was the darkness untethered and trying to consume Lancelot? Wouldn't it have been tethered to Rumple?

"I don't need a congressional honor. I don't need Agent Thompson's approval or the President's. I know my value, anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter." - Agent Peggy Carter
Old 10-19-2015, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought it as just extra darkness lol
Old 10-19-2015, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

I hope the clothes are at least real. Or everyone's been walking around naked.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
I would actually love a twist where Guinevere became Camelot's ruler and worked to mend the broken kingdom. It would go well with OUAT's strong women theme, and give her a purpose beyond being brainwashed and controlled by Arthur.
And it's a nod to the "Merlin" series finale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
We haven't seen Lancelot in SB yet, so one of my very sad suspicions is that Arthur made Guinevere crush Lancelot's heart to cast the curse (since he's got her mindcontrolled). It would be really heartbreaking, that's for sure. It's just a suspicion for now and not a fullblown theory yet, so we'll see.

We just don't know at this point, after all. I just want Guin to kick ass and take names at the end of the day. She is clearly quite capable and to have her be the ruling queen at the end would give her a purpose. I hate to see her being used like this, and by a husband who claims her loves her no less.
i liked the twist, but damn I really wanted to smack Arthur for all the things he said and did to her this eppy. Which is ironic since I usually like Arthur and dislike Lancelot&Guinevere in those stories.

Having the Charmings controlled now is such a game-changer though, regarding everything that happens in Camelot and the different alliances that we've seen in the spoilers (e.g. Regina and Emma going behind everyone's back to do whatever it is they were doing with Henry). Is it Sunday again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Can Mordred please show up and put Arthur out of everyone's misery?
Oh nono, we would have Belleislove and T'lynn crying for weeks holding his picture to their heart if that happened!

RoseBennett
Old 10-19-2015, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the clothes are real lol
Closed Thread   Post New Thread