Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2015, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OUAT S&S #334: "Magic is power. Until you take power, you're not learning anything."

credit:

Spoilers & Speculations

Season Premiere:  

“ONCE UPON A TIME” (Season 5)

Master storytellers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (“Lost,” “Tron: Legacy”) invite everyone to join Emma Swan, Snow White, Prince Charming, the Evil Queen, Hook, Rumplestiltskin and all the other resident fairy tale characters as they cope with Emma’s new role as the dark one and they begin the search for Merlin.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Sean Maguire as Robin Hood, Rebecca Mader as Zelena and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Executive producers are Edward Kitsis, Adam Horowitz, Steve Pearlman and David H. Goodman. “Once Upon a Time” is produced by ABC Studios.

ABC Announces 2015 Fall Schedule + New Season Press Releases | Spoilers

Welcome to Storybrooke, Maine, a small town that probably won't show up on your GPS, but it's a magical place to visit. Reality and myth merged after Emma broke Regina's curse, which had deprived the fairy tale characters of their memories and trapped them in our modern world. When they finally regained their identities, our heroes were dismayed to discover that they weren't transported back to Fairy Tale Land. To make matters worse, Rumplestiltskin - aka Mr. Gold - decided to escalate his power struggle with Regina by introducing magic into the town. But this is our world, and magic always has a tendency to yield unfathomable consequences.

Next Episode TV Promo
Sneak Peeks

Upcoming Episodes

5.01 - "The Dark Swan" written by Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis | Airdate: September 27, 2015, 8 pm EST
  • B. Hales: comment
  • The season opener, not unexpectedly, will pick up right where the finale left off, with Emma having vanished after taunting the disembodied Darkness with the Dark One’s dagger. Where exactly the Savior was transported to, however, thus far remains a closely guarded secret. - TVLine
  • Adam tweeted pic of the yellow bug: July 8, 2015
  • Jennifer Morrison, Robert Carlyle & surprise guest filming Enchanted Forest scene | x ~ July 8
  • Granny Lucas (Beverley Elliott) filming | x, Zelena (Rebecca Mader) filming | x, The Blue Fairy (Keegan Connor Tracy) filming | x ~ July 9
  • Hook & Zelena filmed a scene late Friday | x ~ July 10, 2015
  • Merida will appear in first episode | x ~ July 11
  • Merida (Amy Manson), Rumple as the Dark One, Hook, Charming, Snow, Henry, Regina, Robin and Emma as Dark Swan spotted on set | x ~ July 13, 2015
  • SHOOT: ONCE UPON A TIME’s Princess Merida from Brave (Amy Manson) at Stonehenge Set in Robert Burnaby Park
  • Emma, Hook, Regina, Henry, Robin, Snow, Charming, Belle, Zelena, Dwarves, Grany filmd scene with King Arthur & knights on horses | x Scene summary: so basically what happened was King Arthur led zelena belle Regina Emma hook Roland Henry the dwarves granny charming and snow across a bridge with a bunch of knights on horses hook and Emma walk arm in arm Regina Robin (well stunt double Robin Sean wasn't there) Roland and Henry walk together and zelena and belle walk together belle is holding some white jug and then charming snow and Neal walk together and hen granny and the dwarves |x ~July 14, 2015
  • Beer Garden in Stoprybrooke? | x ~ constructed July 16 for Jul;y 17 filming
  • SHOOT: ONCE UPON A TIME’s New Storybrooke Sheriff Sneezy in Steveston
  • SHOOT: ONCE UPON A TIME’s Lana Parrilla, Colin O’Donoghue, Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, Emilie de Ravin, Sean Maguire, Rebecca Mader & Jared Gilmore in Steveston
  • Description of scene | x
    So what this scene is most likely about: Zelena wants a wand because she wants to keep her baby (somehow she got the cuff off) and so she chokes Robin Hood and then Regina gives her the wand she swirls the clover necklace from oz around it and then she points it up something happens she falls then Regina puts on the cuff takes the wand and David holds zelena and basically we all think that zelena called a tornado because David says YOU WANNA HIGHJACK A TWISTER? And that's how they get to Camelot because they also filmed a scene just blowing giant fans at granny's and that's how granny's ends up in the woods
  • SHOOT: ONCE UPON A TIME’s Dark Swan (Jennifer Morrison) in Steveston
  • Blocked scene being filmed at Granny's involving Dark Swan, Massive wind fans blowing | x, x
  • Night scene filmed, directly after Emma disappears.
    Regina says something like “how could she be/do something so stupid” and David says “REGINA!”. Regina then says “there had to have been another way” and Snow says “there wasn’t! she did what she had to do, she saved your life!”. Then Henry comes running into the scene and we couldn’t hear any dialogue, it just seemed like them all explaining to him what happened. Cause Regina says something like “she got sucked up into a vortex by a vortex of evil”. While this is all happening Hook was kinda hanging back, just staring at the dagger, and eventually he walks forward to grab it. Robin tries to stop him but Hook goes “get out of my way!” and slapped his hand away in a few takes. Then he grabs the dagger and tries to summon Emma. “Dark one, with this dagger I command thee. Return!” and nothing happens. “Dark one, APPEAR!” . Then Regina goes “put that thing down (before you get us killed???). don’t you know the dagger’s rules?” and Hook says “the rules are I can summon the dark one from any corner of the world”. After that we can’t hear anything, but Hook looks sadly down at the dagger and kinda twists it around to look at Emma’s name on it
  • SHOOT: ONCE UPON A TIME’s Colin O’Donoghue, Lana Parrilla, Sean Maguire, Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas & Jared Gilmore Last Night in Steveston
  • Season Premier in two words: TVLine video
  • Gold filmed scene by the shop? x

BTS Pics/Videos/Stills:
July 13 Burnaby Park: Merida | Merida | Rumple | Charming, Hook, Henry | Emma / back | Regina | Snow | Robin
July 14: Camelot set | Granny's in the woods | Regina, Henry, Roland, Belle | Emma | King Arthur | Cast | Snow & Charming | Outlaw Queen | Captain Swan | Arthur and cast | Emma | VIDEO | Album with HQ pics | Album with HQ pics - 2
July 17: VIDEO: Dwarves in front of Granny's | Sneezy dressed like Emma | Rehearsal HQ photos | Zelena w/wand & necklace | VIDEO: Regina saves Robin | Zelena scene | VIDEO: Dagger scene | Album with HQ pics | VIDEO: "twister" | Album with HQ pics

5.02 - "The Price" written by Andrew Chambliss & Dana Horgan | Airdate: October 4, 2015

BTS Pics/Videos/Stills:

July 21 Burnaby Pk: Robin | Arthur
July 22 Steveston: Happy & Grumpy | Arthur | Pier scene VIDEO | VIDEO 2 | Dark Swan night | Dark Swan night shoot: VIDEO | Album with HQ pics
July 23 Central Park: Night scene in Central Park: VIDEO | OQ: TLK?: VIDEO | Pic of Night Scene | Robin on the ground | Night scene another: VIDEO | Album with HQ pics
July 28: Emma's house/bug, Josh w/fan

5.03 - "Siege Perilous" written by Jane Espenson, directed by Ralph Hemecker | Airdate: October 11, 2015
  • Shooting Dates: 7/30 - 8/11 x

BTS Pics/Videos/Stills:

5.04 - "TBA" written by | Airdate: October 18, 2015
  • guest-casting the role of a medieval manservant who is devoted to his employer but harbors a deep resentment… that may lead him to do very bad things. x ~ July 27, 2015
BTS Pics/Videos/Stills:

5.05 - "TBA" written by | Airdate: October 25, 2015
BTS Pics/Videos/Stills:

5.06 - "TBA" written by | Airdate:
BTS Pics/Videos/Stills:

5.07 - "TBA" written by | Airdate:
BTS Pics/Videos/Stills:

5.08 - "TBA" written by | Airdate:
BTS Pics/Videos/Stills:

5.09 - "TBA" written by | Airdate:
BTS Pics/Videos/Stills:

5.10 - "TBA" written by | Airdate:
BTS Pics/Videos/Stills:

5.11 - "TBA" written by | Airdate: Spring 2016 100th Episode
BTS Pics/Videos/Stills:

Adam Horowitz & Eddy Kitsis interviews

cast interviews

casting & guest stars

general season 5 spoilers
5A will have 10 episodes, 5B will have 12 episodes
  • Do you know who possesses the Dark Swan’s dagger on Once Upon a Time? — Rachel
    As of this very moment, it’s TBD. “That is a discussion [and] that is absolutely addressed immediately,” Ginnifer Goodwin says, noting that it’s probably not a great idea for the Charmings to be the one to take it. “I don’t know that I would trust us with it,” she adds. However, whoever does end up with the dagger will learn that it’s not so easy to call upon the Dark Swan. “There’s also some caveats in how and when you can control the Dark One through the dagger,” Josh Dallas says. “Somethings can be possible and somethings are impossible.” | Spoiler Room ~ July 31, 2015
  • JMO:"They do establish with all of the Dark Ones in the past, which they kind of go back through in the beginning of the season this year, that everyone takes the Darkness for a good reason. Rumpel takes it because he wants to be braver for his son. Emma takes it because she's saving the whole town from being destroyed by the Darkness. Before that, they mention some of the earlier Dark Ones, and their good reasons for choosing the Darkness. I think there's something really interesting about this idea that people make bad decisions for good reasons sometimes, and how far down you can end up in the rabbit hole for having made a bad decision but for a good reason. That happens in life, so there's an incredible life lesson that they're telling with these stories. It's so easy to justify something when you don't know the domino effect of how far that can take you in life." | PopSugar 7/26/2015
  • How are the Charmings dealing with Emma going dark on Once Upon a Time? — Luis
    Not well. “It is definitely going to put a strain on Snow and Charming’s relationship,” Josh Dallas says. “There are things they’re going to go through in finding their way back to Emma.” But it’s not all doom and gloom this season. “You’re going to see Charming have a big bromance with King Arthur and go on some adventures,” he says. “We’re going to see Charming at his most heroic in Camelot.”
    Spoiler Room ~ July 24, 2015
  • ‘Once Upon a Time’ Season 5 Wish List — Dark Emma, Rumbelle, Hook and More | TVLine
  • So wait, Merida is NOT Rumple’s mom on Once Upon a Time? — Trisha
    Correct! The producers were hoping to keep the surprise of Merida joining the show intact by throwing fans off with fake casting sides. “The only way to throw the press off and our fans off of this being Merida was to say we’re casting Rumple’s mother,” EP Edward Kitsis says. “It honestly worked because for once, this was not spoiled.” Fear not, EP Adam Horowitz says Rumple’s mother is a character they eventually want to introduce. As for Merida, “We’re going to meet her through Emma,” says Kitsis. Adds Horowitz: “It’s certainly a part of Emma’s journey as the Dark Swan and dealing with her darkness. All that is tied with how we explore the world of Camelot this year.” Spoiler Room ~ July 17, 2015
  • How much will we see Maleficent and Lily on the new season of Once Upon a Time? — Jaimie
    Because the focus is on Emma becoming the Dark One — did you see the awesome shots of the Dark Swan? — the hunt for Lily’s father will take a backseat for at least the first five episodes. “We intend to tell that story at some point this season,” EP Edward Kitsis says. “We set it up for a reason. That is one we are definitely intending to do.” Spoiler Room ~ July 3, 2015
  • "The breakup of a certain couple will go down as one of the — if not the — most polarizing events of the 2015-16 season.
    I’ve learned that a hit series will throw caution to the wind and put a (possibly permanent!) pin in one of TV’s most popular love stories — a game-changing move that threatens to seismically alter the DNA of the series. Oh, and it will also piss off a lot of people, a backlash The Powers That Be are said to be fully prepared for and not necessarily all that fearful of; the aging series could benefit from having its core rocked, many believe." | TVLine ~Blind Item 6/30/2015
  • Any scoop on Once Upon a Time? I’m not particular, I’ll take anything! –Allison
    I’m hearing that the season opener, not unexpectedly, will pick up right where the finale left off, with Emma having vanished after taunting the disembodied Darkness with the Dark One’s dagger. Where exactly the Savior was transported to, however, thus far remains a closely guarded secret (but hey, that’s what Comic-Con is for, amiright?) Also, it will be sooner rather than later that we meet King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. | TVLine 6/29
  • When will you be posting #EWHotSeat for Once Upon a Time? — Andy
    You’ll have to wait patiently because Hot Seat won’t be coming out until Comic-Con. But I’m feeling generous, so how about a little sneak peek? When I asked the guys whether Zelena’s baby will be born this season, EP Edward Kitsis answered with a definitive…. yes! Poor Regina. That is one messed up family tree. | EW - 6/26/2015
  • What we know so far about season five | Zap2It
  • 'Once Upon a Time': Why Emma becoming a villain is best for the show - Zap2it | News & Features

on location filming spoilers

cast
Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret
Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan
Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina
Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David
Emilie de Ravin as Belle
Colin O'Donoghue as Captain Hook
Jared Gilmore as Henry Mills
Sean Maguire as Robin Hood
Rebecca Mader as Zelena
Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold

general magazines and press coverage

San Diego Comic Con 2015 - July 9th-12th
Once Upon a Time Coming to Comic-Con 2015 Source ABC

archive SDCC 2014

Video Comic-Con Interview Links
Full Panel

The Dark Swan TV Promo | Merida | Dark Swan Teaser

Jennifer Morrison tells #Extratv why Emma is "the most terrifying threat Storybrooke has ever seen."
Entertainment Weekly SDCC interview
TV Equals Press Room Interviews
Whedonopolis: JMo & Colin | Lana | Josh & Ginny | Sean & Bex | Robert & Emilie | A&E
Clevver News: Josh Dallas | Lana, Josh, Emilie, Sean, & Bex
Showbiz Junkies: Jen & Colin | Josh & Ginny | Sean & Bex | A&E | Emilie & Robert | Lana
TV Line Interview | Season Premier in 2 words - Ginny, Lana, Jen, Emilie, Bex, Josh, & Colin
Barbara Barnett: Jen & Colin | Sean & Bex | Emilie & Robert
TV Fanatic: Colin | A&E | Emilie | Lana | Sean & Bex | Robert
Once Upon a Fan: Robert | Emilie | A&E | Jennifer | Sean & Bex
AfterBuzz TV: Sean & Bex | A&E | Emilie | Robert
RHeart Network: Jen & Colin | Josh & Ginny | Sean & Bex | Robert & Emilie
Access Hollywood - Colin Interviews Jen
The Once Upon a Time Cast Explains Why Rumplestiltskin and Belle Are Fan Favorites
Buddy TV: Jen & Colin Adam and Eddy overview
IGN: A&E | Sean & Bex | Lana | Emilie | Colin | Robert
fanbolt: A&E | Jen & Colin | Josh & Ginny | Lana | Robert & Emilie
TVOM: Jen & Colin

crew
Adam Horowitz, executive producer and writer | twitter
Andrew Chambliss, writer | twitter
Jane Espenson, writer | twitter
David H. Goodman, writer
Brigitte Hales, writer | twitter
Dana Horgan, writer | twitter
Robert Hull, writer
Paul Karp, writer | twitter | sdcc
Scott Nimerfro, writer | twitter
Daniel T. Thomsen, writer
Bill Wolkoff, writer | twitter

Mark Isham, composer | twitter
Stephen Jackson, production Dir. photography | twitter
Sarah McCulloch, production Leaf Lady | twitter
Jerome Schwartz, production | twitter
Helga Ungurait, production | twitter

Facebook: www.facebook.com/OnceABC
Twitter: @OnceABC, www.twitter.com/OnceABC
ABC Publicity: twitter

Hashtags: #OnceUponATime #DarkSwan

promotions
Storybrooke: Ginny and Josh | Lana Evil Queen
Official Season Two Posters | Show Posters
Official Season Three promotional | Season Three Posters
Official Season Four Posters and Promotional Material

Season 5 Promotional Materials

Evil isn't born, it's made

Character posters: Snow and Charming | Emma | Hook | The Evil Queen | Rumple and Belle | Henry

future thread titles
"You were right. Dark One lies. Dark One tricks." ~ Mr. Gold
"Love is a weapon, dearie. So few people know how to wield it." ~ Rumplestiltskin
"Exactly what I need, the tear of someone who faed their inner darkness and turned away." ~ Rumplestiltskin
"I thought you said you could outrun a storm. This isn't a storm. It's bloody damnation!"
"It's time for us to believe. Not in magic, but in each other."

Hook: "How do you know how to sail a ship?" Henry: "I had a great teacher. You."
"I couldn't let you die." ~ Regina
“Love makes people do foolish things.” ~ King Leopold
“No one’s ever done anything like this to me before. No one’s ever been willing to die for me. - Snow White”
Emma: "There's nothing wrong with being cautious." Mary Margaret: "It may keep out pain, but it also may keep out love."
“Never underestimate the power of a guilty conscience.” — Rumplestiltskin to Snow White and Prince Charming

"What magic are you going to hide behind today?" ~ Hook
“Innocence reclaimed can be just as powerful as innocence born. You simply have to choose to be good." - Glinda, 3.20
"You must stop the darkness." ~ The Apprentice
"Thanks to the hero Regina's sacrifice. Isaac's villainous work was undone." ~ Henry, The Author
"You figured out how to take the darkness out of me once. You need to do it again, as heroes." ~ Emma

I see it, but I don't believe it... Actually, the fact that you can see it tells me that you do believe.

The cardinal rule of The Authors is don't write your own happy ending. As you can see I broke that rule.
No need to yell, Snow. I will always find you.

“Whether you’re a villain or a hero, everybody wants somewhere where they go at the end of the night where somebody cares about them.”
– Edward Kitsis, Once Upon A Time: Journey to Neverland
“This is about family…and that’s what saves you in the end.” x

"Our show is for believers. We wanted to make this show about hope and not be cynical—which is tough in today’s world when usually anything that is cool is cynical. We wanted people once a week to feel the way I felt when I watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the boy got the golden ticket. For me that personally was important. I like that feeling and it’s important. Henry embodies that."
- Eddie Kitsis from Neil Landau’s 'The TV Showrunner’s Roadmap’

• S5: http://41.media.tumblr.com/ab4cb332f...f3pxo1_500.png

previous threads
Season 3 spoiler threads #100 - #193
Season 4 spoiler threads #194 - #313

314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319
320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329
330 | 331 | 332 | 333 | 334 | 335 | 336 | 337 | 338 | 339
340 | 341 | 342 | 343 | 344 | 345 | 346 | 347 | 348 | 349

Last edited by T'Lynn; 07-31-2015 at 12:30 PM
Old 07-28-2015, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

tftnt.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

YW! Two months of hiatus to go ...
Old 07-28-2015, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 07-28-2015, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

Tftnt :d

RoseBennett
Old 07-28-2015, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 07-28-2015, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread
Old 07-28-2015, 12:17 PM
Master Fan

what is that giant upside down cone thing?
Old 07-28-2015, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

With a catcher's mitt on a post beside it?!

Special effects for the tornado?
Old 07-28-2015, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
Someone asked Brigitte how much ice cream they need to stock up for Season 5

Old 07-28-2015, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

Emma's house?! Hmm.

ETA Photo of that location

3814 OXFORD Street in Burnaby: Vancouver Heights House for sale in "VANCOUVER HEIGHTS" (Burnaby North) : MLS(r) # V737873
Old 07-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

FINALLY!

Maybe she was saving her pennies last season to finally buy a place this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
After Brigette's post that 5.05 was a "heart breaker and twitter will explode" someone tweeted how much ice cream they need to stock for the season.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Girl knows how to pick 'em!

Old 07-28-2015, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

Being the Dark One must pay well.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread