Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2015, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OUAT S&S #326: "The reason we created this show was to add a little hope to the world in any way we could." ~ E Kitsis

credit:

Spoilers & Speculations

Season Premiere:  

“ONCE UPON A TIME” (Season 5)

Master storytellers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (“Lost,” “Tron: Legacy”) invite everyone to join Emma Swan, Snow White, Prince Charming, the Evil Queen, Hook, Rumplestiltskin and all the other resident fairy tale characters as they cope with Emma’s new role as the dark one and they begin the search for Merlin.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Sean Maguire as Robin Hood, Rebecca Mader as Zelena and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Executive producers are Edward Kitsis, Adam Horowitz, Steve Pearlman and David H. Goodman. “Once Upon a Time” is produced by ABC Studios.

ABC Announces 2015 Fall Schedule + New Season Press Releases | Spoilers

Welcome to Storybrooke, Maine, a small town that probably won't show up on your GPS, but it's a magical place to visit. Reality and myth merged after Emma broke Regina's curse, which had deprived the fairy tale characters of their memories and trapped them in our modern world. When they finally regained their identities, our heroes were dismayed to discover that they weren't transported back to Fairy Tale Land. To make matters worse, Rumplestiltskin - aka Mr. Gold - decided to escalate his power struggle with Regina by introducing magic into the town. But this is our world, and magic always has a tendency to yield unfathomable consequences.

Next Episode TV Promo
Sneak Peeks

Upcoming Episodes

5.01 - "The Dark Swan" written by Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis | Airdate: September 27, 2015, 8 pm EST
  • B. Hales: comment
  • The season opener, not unexpectedly, will pick up right where the finale left off, with Emma having vanished after taunting the disembodied Darkness with the Dark One’s dagger. Where exactly the Savior was transported to, however, thus far remains a closely guarded secret. - TVLine
  • Adam tweeted pic of the yellow bug: July 8, 2015
  • Jennifer Morrison, Robert Carlyle & surprise guest filming Enchanted Forest scene | x ~ July 8
  • Granny Lucas (Beverley Elliott) filming | x, Zelena (Rebecca Mader) filming | x, The Blue Fairy (Keegan Connor Tracy) filming | x ~ July 9
  • Merida will appear in first episode | x ~ July 11

BTS Pics/Videos/Stills:

5.02 - "TBA" written by | Airdate: October 4, 2015

5.03 - "TBA" written by | Airdate: October 11, 2015

5.04 - "TBA" written by | Airdate: October 18, 2015

5.05 - "TBA" written by | Airdate: October 25, 2015

Adam Horowitz & Eddy Kitsis interviews

cast interviews

casting & guest stars

general season 5 spoilers
5A will have 10 episodes, 5B will have 12 episodes
  • How much will we see Maleficent and Lily on the new season of Once Upon a Time? — Jaimie
    Because the focus is on Emma becoming the Dark One — did you see the awesome shots of the Dark Swan? — the hunt for Lily’s father will take a backseat for at least the first five episodes. “We intend to tell that story at some point this season,” EP Edward Kitsis says. “We set it up for a reason. That is one we are definitely intending to do.” Spoiler Room ~ July 3, 2015
  • Any scoop on Once Upon a Time? I’m not particular, I’ll take anything! –Allison
    I’m hearing that the season opener, not unexpectedly, will pick up right where the finale left off, with Emma having vanished after taunting the disembodied Darkness with the Dark One’s dagger. Where exactly the Savior was transported to, however, thus far remains a closely guarded secret (but hey, that’s what Comic-Con is for, amiright?) Also, it will be sooner rather than later that we meet King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. | TVLine 6/29
  • When will you be posting #EWHotSeat for Once Upon a Time? — Andy
    You’ll have to wait patiently because Hot Seat won’t be coming out until Comic-Con. But I’m feeling generous, so how about a little sneak peek? When I asked the guys whether Zelena’s baby will be born this season, EP Edward Kitsis answered with a definitive…. yes! Poor Regina. That is one messed up family tree. | EW - 6/26/2015
  • What we know so far about season five | Zap2It
  • 'Once Upon a Time': Why Emma becoming a villain is best for the show - Zap2it | News & Features

on location filming spoilers
  • Steveston filming

cast
Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret
Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan
Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina
Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David
Emilie de Ravin as Belle
Colin O'Donoghue as Captain Hook
Jared Gilmore as Henry Mills
Sean Maguire as Robin Hood
Rebecca Mader as Zelena
Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold

general magazines and press coverage

2014-15 Full TV Season Ratings: Rankings For All Shows | Deadline

San Diego Comic Con 2015 - July 9th-12th
Once Upon a Time Coming to Comic-Con 2015 Source ABC

archive SDCC 2014

Video Comic-Con Interview Links
Full Panel
Jennifer Morrison tells #Extratv why Emma is "the most terrifying threat Storybrooke has ever seen."
Entertainment Weekly SDCC interview
TV Equals Press Room Interviews
Whedonopolis: JMo & Colin | Lana | Josh & Ginny | Sean & Bex | Robert & Emilie | A&E
Clevver News: Josh Dallas | Lana, Josh, Emilie, Sean, & Bex
Showbiz Junkies: Jen & Colin | Josh & Ginny
TV Line Interview - Ginny, Lana, Jen, Emilie, Bex, Josh, & Colin
Barbara Barnett: Jen & Colin | Sean & Bex |
TV Fanatic: Colin | A&E | Emilie | Lana | Sean & Bex | Robert
Once Upon a Fan: Robert | Emilie | A&E | Jennifer
AfterBuzz TV: Sean & Bex | A&E | Emilie | Robert

crew
Adam Horowitz, executive producer and writer | twitter
Andrew Chambliss, writer | twitter
Jane Espenson, writer | twitter
David H. Goodman, writer
Brigitte Hales, writer | twitter
Dana Horgan, writer | twitter
Robert Hull, writer
Scott Nimerfro, writer | twitter
Daniel T. Thomsen, writer

Mark Isham, composer | twitter
Stephen Jackson, production Dir. photography | twitter
Sarah McCulloch, production Leaf Lady | twitter
Jerome Schwartz, production | twitter
Helga Ungurait, production | twitter

Facebook: www.facebook.com/OnceABC
Twitter: @OnceABC, www.twitter.com/OnceABC
ABC Publicity: twitter

Hashtags: #OnceUponATime #DarkSwan

promotions
Storybrooke: Ginny and Josh | Lana Evil Queen
Official Season Two Posters | Show Posters
Official Season Three promotional | Season Three Posters
Official Season Four Posters and Promotional Material

Season 5 Promotional Materials

Evil isn't born, it's made

Character posters: Snow and Charming | Emma | Hook | The Evil Queen | Rumple and Belle | Henry

future thread titles
"A man unwilling to fight for what he wants...deserves what he gets."
"I thought you said you could outrun a storm. This isn't a storm. It's bloody damnation!"
"Conjuring magic is not an intellectual endeavor. It's emotion"
"Magic is about emotion. Summon up that moment that made you so angry you would've killed if you could."
"Magic is power. Until you take power, you're not learning anything."
"It's time for us to believe. Not in magic, but in each other."

Hook: "How do you know how to sail a ship?" Henry: "I had a great teacher. You."
"I couldn't let you die." ~ Regina
I know the hero never believes at first, if they did it wouldn’t be a very good story." ~ Henry
“Love makes people do foolish things.” ~ King Leopold
“No one’s ever done anything like this to me before. No one’s ever been willing to die for me. - Snow White”
"Sometimes being a hero means knowing when not to run into the fire.” ~ Prince Charming
Emma: "There's nothing wrong with being cautious." Mary Margaret: "It may keep out pain, but it also may keep out love."
“Never underestimate the power of a guilty conscience.” — Rumplestiltskin to Snow White and Prince Charming

"What magic are you going to hide behind today?" ~ Hook
“Innocence reclaimed can be just as powerful as innocence born. You simply have to choose to be good." - Glinda, 3.20
"Good deeds have their own reward. This comes with no price." ~ Rumplestiltskin, the Knight
"You must stop the darkness." ~ The Apprentice
"Thanks to the hero Regina's sacrifice. Isaac's villainous work was undone." ~ Henry, The Author
"You figured out how to take the darkness out of me once. You need to do it again, as heroes." ~ Emma

Regina... she's my favorite character. She's a real doozy, isn't she?
I see it, but I don't believe it... Actually, the fact that you can see it tells me that you do believe.

The cardinal rule of The Authors is don't write your own happy ending. As you can see I broke that rule.
No need to yell, Snow. I will always find you.

“Whether you’re a villain or a hero, everybody wants somewhere where they go at the end of the night where somebody cares about them.”
– Edward Kitsis, Once Upon A Time: Journey to Neverland
Vengeance is a very easy thing to pursue, a difficult thing to achieve, and then in the aftermath not necessarily something you want.
– Adam Harrowitz, Once Upon a Time: Journey to Neverland
“This is about family…and that’s what saves you in the end.” x

"Our show is for believers. We wanted to make this show about hope and not be cynical—which is tough in today’s world when usually anything that is cool is cynical. We wanted people once a week to feel the way I felt when I watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the boy got the golden ticket. For me that personally was important. I like that feeling and it’s important. Henry embodies that."
- Eddie Kitsis from Neil Landau’s 'The TV Showrunner’s Roadmap’

• S5: http://41.media.tumblr.com/ab4cb332f...f3pxo1_500.png

previous threads
Season 3 spoiler threads #100 - #193
Season 4 spoiler threads #194 - #313

314 | 315 | 316 | 317 | 318 | 319
320 | 321 | 322 | 323 | 324 | 325 | 326 | 327 | 328 | 329
330 |

OUAT S&S #327:

Last edited by T'Lynn; 07-13-2015 at 05:45 AM
Old 07-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for opening! Bringing last post over

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
^ I also liked Brave a lot, and the whole mother-daughter relationship.

I was watching the panel and Rob kind of talked of Rumple and Gold separately, like Rumple was somewhere dealing with no power when Gold slept. Any thoughts?

RoseBennett
Old 07-11-2015, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmmm ... I'm going to go watch it now so I'll hopefully have an opinion on that soon
Old 07-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

Can't watch until tonight. I keep sneaking peeks here and tumblr on my phone for more info.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
^ I also liked Brave a lot, and the whole mother-daughter relationship.

I was watching the panel and Rob kind of talked of Rumple and Gold separately, like Rumple was somewhere dealing with no power when Gold slept. Any thoughts?
Might be!

Rumple's mind might be trapped somewhere. Maybe he is in a limbo where he needs to find the will to live.

I wonder if Emma might be in the same place since she it seems she came across Rumple and Merida.

MAYBE Emma is actually within the dagger and Rumple's conscious is there too?
A&E did say her transformation would be very different than Rumple's. Maybe it's happening within the dagger.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

Interesting theory.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

What I find most interesting about Merida is that she is the first character I can think of not directly based off a legend, well known public domain story, or a Disney Animation film, since Brave was technically a Pixar film.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

I wouldn't be surprised if A&E first thought of introducing Rumple's mother as part of his story this season and then as they were thinking more about her character they decided it would be an opportunity to introduce an already known Disney character.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
Rumple's mind might be trapped somewhere. Maybe he is in a limbo where he needs to find the will to live.

I wonder if Emma might be in the same place since she it seems she came across Rumple and Merida.

MAYBE Emma is actually within the dagger and Rumple's conscious is there too?
A&E did say her transformation would be very different than Rumple's. Maybe it's happening within the dagger.
What an overcrowded dagger I like the idea of Emma and Rumple being trapped somewhere together though, I love their interaction and connection so many possibilities still, hoping some good spoilers come out of the single sessions!

RoseBennett
Old 07-11-2015, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Interesting that the spring premier is the 100th episode instead of the winter finale ...
Old 07-11-2015, 02:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
Interesting that the spring premier is the 100th episode instead of the winter finale ...
Well since they count Smash the Mirror as one oversize episode, and each season had 22 episodes, it means we've had 88 episodes air. Then 11 episodes in the first half of the season would bring it up to 99 by the end of the season. So it makes sense for the Spring premiere to be number 100.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkel567 (View Post)
Well since they count Smash the Mirror as one oversize episode, and each season had 22 episodes, it means we've had 88 episodes air. Then 11 episodes in the first half of the season would bring it up to 99 by the end of the season. So it makes sense for the Spring premiere to be number 100.
Adam had tweeted previously that it would be 5x11

Breathe a sigh of relief:

Old 07-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Whoa...well so much for all that speculation. Shocking though that they essentially lied and said the casting was for Rumple's mom when it was really for Merida. They should have just not said anything...

Lol, well "sigh of relief" for some. Some of us are really disappointed that Rumple's mom won't be part of his story this season since we were looking forward to it for several weeks.

Old 07-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry guys.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

*Throws SpeculationPaper1 in the trash

So no Rumple's mother at all that was mean ;(

RoseBennett
Closed Thread   Post New Thread