Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2015, 02:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Is it September yet?

I do have a lore question though. I'm seeing a lot of DO!Emma fanfics pop up, but I'm curious about something.

When you use the phrase "Dark One I summon thee" with the dagger to actually summon the DO, are they talking about the actual person (Emma) or the actual DO that's currently inhabiting the host?
Old 05-14-2015, 05:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha24 (View Post)
I am not sure if this is a spoiler or not but this is from hype and it is about the couples going into season 5:

The couples of Storybrooke may have their true love within in arms reach, but their paths in season 5 are not going to be easy.

Snowy:
Mary Margaret and David just got settled back in Storybrooke after nearly killing their grandson and actually killing their daughter’s boyfriend in an alternate reality. While their relationship is not exactly in jeopardy, they are faced yet again with watching their daughter struggle with the darkness they fought so hard to keep away from her.

Rumbelle:
Belle and Rumpel’s relationship will be on ice at least for the opening of season 5. After the darkness was expelled from his heart, Rumpel’s detached body still needs some TLC. When, or if, he wakes up in season 5, expect to see Belle at the bedside of her chipped tea cup. Rumpel’s heart may be clean, but whether or not that was enough to change the man for good remains to be seen.

Captain Swan:
Ah, CaptainSwan. Perhaps the couple facing the biggest changes next season involves the new Dark One and the one who stole her heart. If Belle and Rumpel could make it work, then Emma and Hook can surely figure out a way to keep their relationship away from the darker corners of the world. Plus, it may be worth a shot to take a field trip to the Enchanted Forest and give True Love’s Kiss a try.

Outlaw Queen:
Regina and Robin spent last night’s finale watching each other get married and die at the hands of a town hero. When that nightmare was over they realized that their troubles at home, mainly Zelena’s pregnancy, are far better to deal with together than apart.
Thanks for sharing. There's so much potential for everyone between the DO Emma storyline affecting the Charming Family and Hook, Rumple's "fresh start", and Outlaw Queen working through their obstacles together. Can't wait for September.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:06 AM
Master Fan

I don't think that's anything from the show though, probably just fan theories.

It "could be" a good year with good stories for all the main couples. We'll see.

I wonder if there is a reason why Isaac is sticking around? What further role does he have to play?
Old 05-14-2015, 05:27 AM
Master Fan

Great finale, can't wait for next season
Old 05-14-2015, 05:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I don't think that's anything from the show though, probably just fan theories.

It "could be" a good year with good stories for all the main couples. We'll see.

I wonder if there is a reason why Isaac is sticking around? What further role does he have to play?
Zelena's love interest? He does like psychopaths.

I don't know if he'll really stick around or be offscreen in jail like George or Sidney in seasons 2 and 3.

I did think he would die in the finale. Maybe killing him will be DO Emma's first dark deed.

Last edited by Austenphile; 05-14-2015 at 06:04 AM
Old 05-14-2015, 06:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)

I don't know if he'll really stick around or be offacreen in jail like George OrSidney in seasons 2 and 3.

I did think he would die in the finale. Maybe killing him will be DO Emma's first dark deed.
No, her first dark deed will be to kill Zelena.

Honestly, though, I don't seriously want Emma killing anybody.

I know I liked Isaac but he turned out to be such a jerk in the finale. I would think if he doesn't have another part to play that they would have had him just leave town.

Yeah, they can pair him with Zelena and have them leave town together. That I can live with.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

I don't want Emma to kill anyone either.

Maybe Lily or Mal are going after Isaac next season.

I did love the scene where Snow and Charming got to confront him.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Kind of a bummer to think about but I don't think we are going to hear from A&E until around Comic Con time.

I mean it's Thursday. We haven't heard from any reporters hinting that an interview is coming. After the finale some news about Once in the schedule was released but no interview.

I think part of it is that the AU was really done for fun. Although there was a lot of outrage about what was seen and the fact that the characters now have these new screwy memories, we saw from the few minutes of fall out that the characters don't care so therefore we shouldn't care.

The rest like where Emma is, how she is going to be affected by the DO curse, what Rumple's "blank" heart means and the rest would probably just get ambiguous answers anyway. A&E already said they haven't met with the writers yet so much is probably not planned for S5 yet.

So yeah...that's probably why they made the unusual decision not to do any interviews.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, koodles.

Last year they had to scramble to say that no, Elsa was not going to be a villain.

This year they know what they want to do but they can't really comment on it until they get together and start outlining the season.

So we wait.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
Kind of a bummer to think about but I don't think we are going to hear from A&E until around Comic Con time.

I mean it's Thursday. We haven't heard from any reporters hinting that an interview is coming. After the finale some news about Once in the schedule was released but no interview.

I think part of it is that the AU was really done for fun. Although there was a lot of outrage about what was seen and the fact that the characters now have these new screwy memories, we saw from the few minutes of fall out that the characters don't care so therefore we shouldn't care.

The rest like where Emma is, how she is going to be affected by the DO curse, what Rumple's "blank" heart means and the rest would probably just get ambiguous answers anyway. A&E already said they haven't met with the writers yet so much is probably not planned for S5 yet.

So yeah...that's probably why they made the unusual decision not to do any interviews.
That should be the subtheme of this show.

I do think we are supposed to think of the AU as a nightmare and that the characters don't really have yet another lifetime of fake memories as they did ftom the Dark Curse, but just the ones they "lived" through and they understand it didn't really happen. But it would have been good character development for at least Snow and Regina to discuss being in each other's shoes.

They all need some memory potion to wipe the AU away.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:23 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't want Emma to kill anyone either.
No one wants Emma to kill anyone, but she will certainly do something very dark next season, or there would be no point in making her the D.O..

IMO, making her the D.O. might be (operative word MIGHT) the show's way of getting her to do something she wouldn't ordinarely do, and then explay "it wasn't really her, but the darkness inside her pushed her to do it".

For to even make sense for them to go after Merlin, Emma has to be in some danger of being influenced by the darkness.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm25 (View Post)
When you use the phrase "Dark One I summon thee" with the dagger to actually summon the DO, are they talking about the actual person (Emma) or the actual DO that's currently inhabiting the host?
I might be wrong, but I think the apprentice said the dagger was created to control the sould of the host or something? hat would be the actual person be controlled, not the DO.

Quote:
Please don't give them ideas

Quote:
I do think we are supposed to think of the AU as a nightmare and that the characters don't really have yet another lifetime of fake memories as they did ftom the Dark Curse, but just the ones they "lived" through and they understand it didn't really happen. But it would have been good character development for at least Snow and Regina to discuss being in each other's shoes.

They all need some memory potion to wipe the AU away.
I was gonna say the eact same thing. I don't think they'll appoint the AU anymore, but it would have made some good scenes/relationship development between those two

RoseBennett
Old 05-14-2015, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

I hadn't seen that rumor. Would that be a spoiler or a non-spoiler?
Old 05-14-2015, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
Some title suggestions for future threads:

Hang in there, Dark One. Don't let that heart turn to coal just yet.

Do you think I like dysentery and a 40-year life expectancy? No, no, that's your world. I like room service and indoor plumbing.

What happens when villains win the day?

Regina... she's my favorite character. She's a real doozy, isn't she?

Let me tell you about this place. It's cold, there's no running water, and things are always trying to kill you.

Isaac may have been a jerk but he had some great lines!
I love this title suggestions
Old 05-14-2015, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I hadn't seen that rumor. Would that be a spoiler or a non-spoiler?
This actually is so sad. Someone was speculating and went so far as to zoom in on Jen's stomach as "proof" that she was pregnant. Jen made a whole post about it on her instagram account. She seemed to laugh it off but the fact that she even had to see that is really upsetting.