Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2015, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
I'm sorry, but it felt like tearing it down to me when I read it. (Since you were comparing them to your parents as well, and mentioning how much your relationship with them wasn't great.) That's why it made me sad, cos I really do like reading your opinions and thoughts. I guess that's the problem with text - intentions aren't always clear and it can be easy to misread. If that wasn't your intention, okay. I guess we managed to make each other sad. Bummer.

I'm with you that the writing is often neglecting the Charming family dynamic, though. They've cut scenes like Snow and Charming discussing what it would be like to raise Emma and what they lost out on in 2x01, they barely had any family stuff in 2B, there wasn't enough resolution of Emma's issue that 3A brought up, there was a scene cut in 3x12 that seemed to be Charming comforting Snow somewhat that I am pretty sure is about Emma etc etc etc.

But I do think the S3 thing was about the fact that literally the only way to get back to Emma was casting the Dark Curse, which would just have been too dreadful to do just to see Emma again (and she wouldn't have any memories of them either). Regina wasn't seen trying to get back to Henry either. We didn't see more than a few days of their time that year in FTL. That season just rushed too much stuff to allow us to see more than hints of what went on during the time. We don't know if Regina, Snow or Charming looked into ways of getting back to Henry and Emma.

One of my hopes for S5 is actually that with whatever happens to Emma, Snow and Charming will be front and center when it comes to saving/rescuing/finding their daughter and are at the forefront of that story - and dealing with the aftermath. I want the family dynamic to get screentime not just when it's about putting it into some sort of crisis, but also when it's about rebuilding it and making it stronger.
I apologize. I had a rather disappointing conversation with my parents yesterday and I think it made my post come across more abrasive than I intended it to be.

I always like reading your thoughts, too .

I really want to see this episode entitled "mother" also examine Emma and Snow's relationship and have that continue into season 5.

I agree with you that them casting the curse in Season 3 was a last resort.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Zelena's just crazy and gross. Nothing would make me feel for her and if she's going to take over the show again , no thanks. And I think it's ridiculous and insulting for them to try redeem too many characters.
My new OTP is Zelena and her immediate death.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 05-02-2015, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthing1x (View Post)
Old 05-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

I hope the whole thing with Lily turning into a dragon and attacking Snow doesn't end too badly.

There's also the question of why Regina takes her blood in the first place. Sorry. But I don't think it's Rumple in disguise this time.

Last edited by scififan2009; 05-02-2015 at 04:06 PM
Old 05-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

*sorrynotsorry*
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 05-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)

*sorrynotsorry*
OMG THIS IS GLORIOUS GIF PLACEMENT!

You're my hero, Rina.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 05-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Absolute Fan

^ I've used this gif on a whole number of "I can't be bothered with this story, make it go away" occasions, but I don't think it's ever been quite as fitting as in this case.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 05-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

Koda, come up with a name for that Zelena death ship and I'm on board.

I don't think it's a matter of saying Snowing are bad people but I think the point of much of Snowing's story this season has been showing that they are not dealing with Emma's powers in the best ways. They are not being as supportive of her as they should, not saying the right things and as a result Emma feels more and more alienated.

But that doesn't mean they don't love Emma or even that they aren't good parents. They are dealing with a daughter who is experiencing something they don't understand themselves - the discover of her magical abilities. It's something they can't relate too so I think they can't help but be somewhat afraid of it.

It's just their story this season. There will hopefully be a resolution by the end of the season. But there's nothing wrong with showing some Snowing flaws. They are parents in a VERY unusual situation doing the best they can.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I think your OTP may have some angst this week but be glorious next week!
Old 05-02-2015, 04:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)

I think your OTP may have some angst this week but be glorious next week!
I'm really hoping they'll "seal the deal" soon, if you know what I mean.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 05-02-2015, 04:43 PM
Loyal Fan

I think the whole theme for snowing isn't that they are bad parents or that they are bad people only that they made a bad choice out of fear. Snow knew regina before she became evil so she knew how easily evil can manifest, she saw how evil malificent is so she became afraid when she was told her child could go either way and the author took that fear and compounded it. He essentially took her fear and used it against her.

As for the lily and regina promo i am pretty sure that is regina i think the author will do to regina what he did to snowy you say that regina always falls back on her evil ways but snowy wasn't evil and they made a bad choice to i think author will use there fears against them and i do not see it any different with regina. I am sure the blood she took from lily is the ink that rumple and the author need. I highly doubt that regina will actually know exactly what the author will need it for but my guess is the author will tell her that he can only know for sure if he draws something and he needs ink to do that i don't think regina will figure what he is really after, that rumple is involved or that it would effect anyone else since she has page 23 and that didn't really happen. I do not see this as really an evil act as something the evil queen would do.

Also i do not think this is about robin wanting to be with zelena i think regina is going to struggle with if she see's a future with robin after all this putting aside how zelena got pg she has to figure out if they can still be together and pg 23 seems to be a guiding force for both her and robin so i am not all that surprised that she went to him but i have to wonder how she found him or maybe he found her and offered to help her. I think this more about can regina let all this go and be with robin or is her fate set in stone and she should move on i think this episode will be a make or break it for OQ more then about zelena

Last edited by samantha24; 05-02-2015 at 04:48 PM
Old 05-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't see the dark savior blood thing coming. But if that turns out to be the case, how did the author write before Emma was even born?

Were there other saviours before her?
Old 05-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm really hoping they'll "seal the deal" soon, if you know what I mean.
Wait, are we talking my OTP now?
Old 05-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
Wait, are we talking my OTP now?
Idk about you, but I'm still talking about Zelena getting pushed off a cliff...

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 05-02-2015, 04:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I didn't see the dark savior blood thing coming. But if that turns out to be the case, how did the author write before Emma was even born?
I thinking maybe the ink was available in the EF by the sorcerer (maybe he created it) but since they are in this world and the apprentice and sorcerer are not helping them they do not have access the only thing that is similar that can pass is the saviour's blood
Closed Thread   Post New Thread