Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2015, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

I hink I must be watching a completely different show because I see Snow and Charming being very understanding and forgiving of Rumple using them for he Dark Curse. In fact it baffled me completely why they were so understanding until this episode.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I didn't say you said they deserved to die but that Rumple said that. And Emma has said Ingrid needed to be kilked. And numerous other main characters have stated that certain villains deserved bad things. But for some reason once Charming says it or maybe because it was said against Maleficient, it is somehow worse.
I think it is worse on some level because by saying that Charming is completely disregarding the fate of the innocent baby they just ruined. The baby certainly didn't deserve what they did so nothing about their act was right and for him to try to argue that was really disgusting. At least Snow genuinely seemed horrified at his words...

But I think both of them still have this mentality. After all when they approached Malificent and Ursala they didn't ask about Lily - they don't care about her at all. Instead they threatened to kill both QoD if they exposed their secret.

Quote:
I hink I must be watching a completely different show because I see Snow and Charming being very understanding and forgiving of Rumple using them for he Dark Curse. In fact it baffled me completely why they were so understanding until this episode.
Yes, they have been very understanding of both Rumple and Regina to a point that I don't agree with. Snow has basically forgotten that Regina killed her father and never apologized for it.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It depends on the episode. There are times when they've seemed like they couldn't care less even though he's their grandson's family. But on the other hand, he also doesn't seem like he could care less about them.

I don't know if it was understanding as much as just tolerating him though.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
It depends on the episode. There are times when they've seemed like they couldn't care less even though he's their grandson's family. But on the other hand, he also doesn't seem like he could care less about them.

I don't know if it was understanding as much as just tolerating him though.
Tolerating, forgiving, understanding. It doesn't really matter. I agree with Snowing fans on this. Overall Snowing has been very easy on Regina and Rumple when their plot and revenge robbed them of the opportunity to raise their child. They have barely expressed anger over it and certainly aren't trying to get revenge when it would actually be kind of understandable to me if they did.

Considering that they worse they have done is a couple of "righteous" comments when it comes to Rumple and Regina, Snowing has been very understanding. They are under no obligation to help both characters which they have done numerous times.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't get the whole the Charmings don't care about Rumple while their friendly with regina and hook. From what I see its a two way streak Rumple doesn't help them unless they need something plus they did invite rumple on investigation and the baby naming thing. Plus it took awhile for the Charming to accept Regina and hook. Plus it's more personal with them adoptive mom/step mom and daughter boyfriend. Rumple is their grandson grandpa but he hasen't much of an effort to bond with Henry
Old 03-30-2015, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

I admit I've never understood why the Charmings have forgiven Regina so much.

Rumple did give Regina the means to cast the curse but other than that he hasn't tried to do anything evil to the Charmings as far as trying to kill them. He used them absolutely and they have the right to be angry with him for that. But yes, with what they've done to save their child I can see why they don't go around bringing up to him all the time what he did.

While Regina certainly has done horrible things to them personally for no other reason than revenge.

I'm kind of torn because I like Regina and Snow together but at the same time I don't understand it, if that makes sense to anyone.

Quote:
I don't get the whole the Charmings don't care about Rumple while their friendly with regina and hook. From what I see its a two way streak Rumple doesn't help them unless they need something plus they did invite rumple on investigation and the baby naming thing. Plus it took awhile for the Charming to accept Regina and hook. Plus it's more personal with them adoptive mom/step mom and daughter boyfriend. Rumple is their grandson grandpa but he hasen't much of an effort to bond with Henry
I wasn't trying to be argumentative with the remark. Just saying the really don't care about him and he doesn't care about them. It's more or less just an observation.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Personally I drink the koolaid when it comes to Regina and the charming. However, this action does make sense
Old 03-30-2015, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

I'm just gonna say it. Rumple and Regina will always be part of the reason why Snow and Charming never got to raise Emma. The dark curse took everything from them. Their home, their memories, their chance at being a family. I honestly admire theirs and Emma's restraint when it comes to both Gold and Regina.

Maybe it's easier with Hook because they don't share the same history. They only got stuck being related to these people. Hook is the one who chooses to stay and be part of this dysfunctional unit, because he cares about Emma.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I'm just gonna say it. Rumple and Regina will always be part of the reason why Snow and Charming never got to raise Emma. The dark curse took everything from them. Their home, their memories, their chance at being a family. I honestly admire theirs and Emma's restraint when it comes to both Gold and Regina.
Of course they were the reason why they didn't get to raise Emma. I don't think anyone's disputing that.

But I have noticed they seem much more tolerant of forgiving of Regina who has actively tried to hurt them than they have been with Rumple.

I'm not condoning what he did. But I also think the show has done a really good job, until this season, of showing why Rumple did the things he did.

But I think what this arc is showing is how the Charmings have made bad decisions as well, for the sake of saving their child.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

I might be in the minority here, but I never had a hard time accepting the Charmings forgiving Regina. I mean, it wasn't instantaneous (lest we not forget part one of S2) but even so...it made sense to me. Because that's who the Charmings are. They look for the good in people. They give second and third and fourth chances. They're pure of heart. At least, they were always written that way. Which honestly makes me annoyed with this storyline. For four years we've been taught to believe a specific thing about Snow and Charming only to have them seem hypocritical and not as good as we thought. I blame the writing though, not the characters.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Does Snow know that Regina killed her father? I think it's kind of like Emma doesn't know that Regina killed Graham ...
Old 03-30-2015, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
I think it is worse on some level because by saying that Charming is completely disregarding the fate of the innocent baby they just ruined. The baby certainly didn't deserve what they did so nothing about their act was right and for him to try to argue that was really disgusting. At least Snow genuinely seemed horrified at his words...

But I think both of them still have this mentality. After all when they approached Malificent and Ursala they didn't ask about Lily - they don't care about her at all. Instead they threatened to kill both QoD if they exposed their secret.
We will just have to disagree. He shouldn't have said it, even to try and make Snow feel better about what they did. On the other hand I do think he cared about what happened to the baby as he was obviously horrified it was a human child instead of a dragon and that it was going to be sent away. Not caring about Maleficient is completely different than not caring about the baby.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captivating (View Post)
I might be in the minority here, but I never had a hard time accepting the Charmings forgiving Regina. I mean, it wasn't instantaneous (lest we not forget part one of S2) but even so...it made sense to me. Because that's who the Charmings are. They look for the good in people. They give second and third and fourth chances. They're pure of heart. At least, they were always written that way. Which honestly makes me annoyed with this storyline. For four years we've been taught to believe a specific thing about Snow and Charming only to have them seem hypocritical and not as good as we thought. I blame the writing though, not the characters.
I think pure of heart is impossible so I actually like this twist. Snow & Charming were soooo good because they were working hard to make up for something that was so bad. They were the original redemption arc but we didn't know it.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
Does Snow know that Regina killed her father? I think it's kind of like Emma doesn't know that Regina killed Graham ...
Oh she knows. She told her people that the evil queen murdered her father. Sometimes I think it's her Mary Margaret side that holds her back from defending his honor.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She does she mentioned in the apple scene
Closed Thread   Post New Thread