Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2015, 05:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

I thought the same thing. I always believed they would address the Author's book right in the final season. Very surprised they went with it this early, but then again, nothing says that it will be resolved after the season ends! Maybe our characters don't get to meet him and know who he/she is, but they get to learn their lesson.

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 03-03-2015, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I also thought the curse would be broken in the last season but the show still went on after it
Old 03-03-2015, 05:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
I'm afraid to tell you to hope at this point, but that tweet did look hopeful in its general tone. I mean the girl put emoticons that hint at an emotional scene between them... I really don't know, but since I know they both love each other, I doubt it's going to be THAT bad, especially considering they are almost at the end of the season...
Good or bad. Whatever Rumple's planning, whatever reason he brought the QoD to town, Belle won't like it. So he either gives up, or he loses her forever.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Good or bad. Whatever Rumple's planning, whatever reason he brought the QoD to town, Belle won't like it. So he either gives up, or he loses her forever.
Thank you, Mary Sunshine.

I'm actually a little bit more hopeful. I don't think he's going to give up his power at the end of the season but maybe comes to more self-awareness. LIke the other night he said something about it not being because of their missteps that they aren't getting their happy endings but because of the Author. Of course, that's delusional. Same as with Regina. I think they'll come to some realizations and may work toward their happy endings next season or try to?
Old 03-03-2015, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didnt know Mr Cluck was also a chain they used on Lost. I thought it was just Disney channel and Nicklodean shows that used similar chains to avoid product placement
Old 03-03-2015, 06:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't know about Rumple, because like I said yesterday he was always thirsty for power. I'm guessing it will take much more effort from his part to realize exactly what a real happy ending would be for him. I think he will need more time to figure out his issues, and it seems he has plenty.

Regina on the other hand... I think that by finding the Author she will learn that it's not someone else's opinion of her that defines her happiness. It doesn't matter if others look at her as a hero or as a villain. All that matters is that she accepts she is both, she has both light and darkness inside her and the only thing that makes a difference is how she uses each and for what purpose. Like Lana said in a radio interview yesterday, she has to come to terms with her dark self and after that, she can always use that for the greater good. I don't think she's delusional when she believes that the Book's Author is in charge of her happiness, but I think she is putting the blame on the wrong person. She said last year that she makes her own destiny and I think she should remember that when this quest ends.

Whatever the outcome, both Rumple and Regina will learn more about themselves when they will face this Author.

"I think you've just been hired as one of the writers of OUAT" - Lana Parrilla, Fairytales II Con, Paris, 22/6/2014
Old 03-03-2015, 06:13 AM
Elite Fan

I honestly find it to be extremely childish. Their lives suck, so they blame it on some writer of some book?

They both need professional help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I didnt know Mr Cluck was also a chain they used on Lost. I thought it was just Disney channel and Nicklodean shows that used similar chains to avoid product placement
Pear pads and Pear phones are such a classic with Nickelodeon.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I found out that Daniel Dae Kim from Lost did the voice of the guy at the chicken place the other night. Another Lost shout-out.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I honestly find it to be extremely childish. Their lives suck, so they blame it on some writer of some book?

It may be childish, but it's not unreasonable. When you try and try and try to do good, to change, to be worthy of someone you love, and you constantly find yourself in a status of misery, with all your hopes crushed and all your efforts destroyed, you start wondering if there is something else guiding all this. True that you don't usually think of that in real life, but these people live in a magical land, where their whole lives are written in a mysterious book. NOT looking into this Author at some point would be unwise, imo. And it's not just some random book and some random writer, like you put it. It's their book and it has their lives in it. If we want to get typical and look at it from a reality's point of view, who the hell has the right to write my life in their book without taking permission and decide what my story's ending should be without giving me the chance to make a choice for myself?

Old 03-03-2015, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_shine (View Post)
It may be childish, but it's not unreasonable. When you try and try and try to do good, to change, to be worthy of someone you love, and you constantly find yourself in a status of misery, with all your hopes crushed and all your efforts destroyed, you start wondering if there is something else guiding all this. True that you don't usually think of that in real life, but these people live in a magical land, where their whole lives are written in a mysterious book. NOT looking into this Author at some point would be unwise, imo. And it's not just some random book and some random writer, like you put it. It's their book and it has their lives in it. If we want to get typical and look at it from a reality's point of view, who the hell has the right to write my life in their book without taking permission and decide what my story's ending should be without giving me the chance to make a choice for myself?
Arc for season 5: the people of Storybrooke decide to sue Disney.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Pear pads and Pear phones are such a classic with Nickelodeon.
I know lol. On Disney channel they would use my tabs instead of iPods. Plus flitter instead of twitter. They also use this designer Arturo Vittali.

That's cool they used the voice of a Lost alum
Old 03-03-2015, 06:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Arc for season 5: the people of Storybrooke decide to sue Disney.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-03-2015, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lol. I would to see them sue Disney. One person had an idea of the writer being Christopher Robin a creepy kid that has voodoo dolls with all the characters
Old 03-03-2015, 06:55 AM
Elite Fan

Actually people do think that in real life, in a way. "Why would God (or the Universe or whatever higher power) let my child die? Give me cancer? Let me lose my job? Etc". This Author story is a great metaphor for the questioning we all do when we try our best but bad things keep happening. Yes, we make our own choices. However, we don't make our own circumstances, just how we respond.

Curious about yesterday's scenes with Maleficient/Charmings and Rumbelle. Interested in what happens today in Steveston. If Snowing kisses on main street, we can assume the QoD are defeated by the end of 4.20. Maybe it will be Regina and Emma returning with some reunions?

Blue is certainly scared of the sorcerer. Maybe he was the Black Fairy? The source of all power? Or maybe his return signifies the "final battle" mentioned in the Pilot. But she was already shaken up by whatever else was in the hat (probably the season 5 villain) so who knows why it upset her?

I have been thinking about the Snowing secret after reading the Press Release and I think it is tied into Ursula and Cruella being in our world free from the curse while Maleficient was still caught up in the curse. We know that the QoD and Snowing were looking for a way to escape the curse. A&E said that they had a common goal of protecting those they loved most. Snow was extremely hopeless in the Pilot before Blue brought in the enchanted tree (which we now know is very unlike her). So they all were at that monolith in the promo. What if there was a way to escape to our world to avoid the curse at that place? Probably controlled by the sorcerer because we have seen he can create portals. Something happened between Snowing and Maleficient where neither of them could escape while U and C did. Maleficient blames Snowing and curses their unborn child. It's the best theory I have now. Snowing may have even cost Maleficient something or someone (Lily) important to her. I don't necessarily think Lily is Maleficient's child but it makes more sense than her being Regina's given the timeline (unless we go complete AU). Snow and Charming would not want Emma to know she was cursed (why she has the most potential for evil) and they would feel ashamed of whatever terrible thing that happened that prevented them and Maleficient from escaping the curse. Just a crazy theory but it's the best I have right now. And a curse on Emma would fit Josh's description on twitter of it going to a very very dark place.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

I am very intrigued about this dark secret Snow and Charming are hiding. You have a pretty interesting theory there. What bugs me, especially in regards to the QoD, is that Cruella and Ursula ended up in NY, in a world without magic, where they probably escaped the curse, whereas Maleficent ended up in Storybrooke's dungeons in the form of a dragon. I wonder if Snow and Charming are somehow responsible for that. As for Lily... well, I'd love it if they went with the unexpected for once and didn't make her someone's child!!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread