Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2014, 07:33 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
For her to enjoy a happy life she needed RUmple to realize he can become that good man again. He doesn't see it, and thinks it doesn't matter.
A true happy marriage is based on openess and love.. And Rumple cannot be open with her because he's built too many walls.

But he does love her, and she loves him. So they will get happiness it's just going to be fought for.

I dont see an agenda with her. Rumpe was losing it, he coudl no longer control the darkness the curse and dagger bring him. WHo knows how consumed he would have gotten if Belle didn't act. as painful as it was she did what she needed.

It was for him too. If he killed Hook he would have lost the last bit of humanity that was fighting his curse. He woudl be gone forever. She removed him fromt he temptation that the magic , the hat, the dagger brings. She woudln't have ever had a big radiant smile on her face if she saw RUmple descending into complete darkness.
Very well said.

"I don't need a congressional honor. I don't need Agent Thompson's approval or the President's. I know my value, anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter." - Agent Peggy Carter
Old 12-15-2014, 08:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
For her to enjoy a happy life she needed RUmple to realize he can become that good man again. He doesn't see it, and thinks it doesn't matter.
A true happy marriage is based on openess and love.. And Rumple cannot be open with her because he's built too many walls.

But he does love her, and she loves him. So they will get happiness it's just going to be fought for.

I dont see an agenda with her. Rumpe was losing it, he coudl no longer control the darkness the curse and dagger bring him. WHo knows how consumed he would have gotten if Belle didn't act. as painful as it was she did what she needed.

It was for him too. If he killed Hook he would have lost the last bit of humanity that was fighting his curse. He woudl be gone forever. She removed him fromt he temptation that the magic , the hat, the dagger brings. She woudln't have ever had a big radiant smile on her face if she saw RUmple descending into complete darkness.
I think forcing him out of town was necessary. If there was any hope left for Rumple, it would only happen without his curse having power over him. Being forced not to act with Belle holding his dagger wasn't the answer. He has to learn how to live without power first.

Besides, Belle knows herself. How long would she be able to control him without, eventually, trusting him again? She loves the man, and that would Always make her vulnerable to him. She would Always want to believe he is changed, and she knows that. I wonder if that's the reason she will entrust Hook with Rumple's dagger in 4B.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

I don't think we know for sure what Belle is doing with the dagger and Hook.

I think Rumple is coming back for the dagger. I'm not sure if he was intending to hurt Belle to get it. I would sure hope not. But he gets the dagger from Hook then. Why would Hook just hand it to him? There's something going on there, IMO. And for Belle to hand the dagger over to Hook? And then they're burying it or unburying it? There's just something more going on here, imo.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Plus most addicts do hit rock bottom and lose money and relationships and that's where Rumple is at
Old 12-15-2014, 08:21 AM
Elite Fan

So it looks like Rumple is going to let the Queens of Darkness do what they do best, while he stays in the background pulling all the strings, like he did with Regina back in the enchanted forest.

How he'll manage to convince Belle he can change if he keeps going down this path is a total mystery to me.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
So it looks like Rumple is going to let the Queens of Darkness do what they do best, while he stays in the background pulling all the strings, like he did with Regina back in the enchanted forest.

How he'll manage to convince Belle he can change if he keeps going down this path is a total mystery to me.
I know they feel that's when he's the most interesting but I think we've already seen that. At this point it's monotonous and it's time for some growth.

I really don't think he's trying to convince Belle he's changed. I think he's through with his marriage for the time being. I know I may be jumping the gun there but I'm thinking if we start to get interviews it may be clearer that he's not trying to win her back.

Quote:
Plus most addicts do hit rock bottom and lose money and relationships and that's where Rumple is at
True. I think Belle may try to reach out to him and he'll push her away at this point. I just hope we see her getting a better idea of what is going on with him.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I don't think we know for sure what Belle is doing with the dagger and Hook.

I think Rumple is coming back for the dagger. I'm not sure if he was intending to hurt Belle to get it. I would sure hope not. But he gets the dagger from Hook then. Why would Hook just hand it to him? There's something going on there, IMO. And for Belle to hand the dagger over to Hook? And then they're burying it or unburying it? There's just something more going on here, imo.
With the finale context I am really confused by this scene. I would imagine Belle buries it right after she banished Rumple ...

So maybe the context is that Rumple has one of the Evil Trio holding someone hostage to get his dagger back so Belle shows Hook where it is, they unbury it and then Hook summons him to return to the dagger to him? Just a thought

But I would think if he got the dagger back he would just kill Hook ...

I just don't know.

I'm looking forward to some interviews being released so we can get some hints to the second half.

Does anyone else think that "You never give up on those you love" kind of didn't really apply to anyone except Frozen and maybe Henry?
Old 12-15-2014, 08:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Pretty much.
But i think that his redemption will not start in season 4, maybe not even season 5.

It will come, im sure of it.
I watched the scene with him and Regina again, and this scene is to me one of the proofs that he will have his redemption arc.

I liked the scene because it showed the difference between him and regina.
Regina thinks that no matter what she does, it will not be enough because of some destiny written in a book.
Rumple thinks he is powerful enough that something like destiny does not work for him.
But what both dont understand is that Destiny happens with every choice they make.

Rumple think he can do what he wants and gets away with it because he is smart and powerful.
Despite knowing about love and having someone who always believed in him...he thought magic is more powerful then everything.
If i remember it, he always refered to love as magic or as weapon....its neither of those.

In the end, i dont think belle comepletely gives up on Rumple, that would go against everything they established in the show when it comes to TL.
But after all this time, Belle done enough...she cant carry rumples heart alone...he needs to do it himself.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account
Old 12-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Are you for real?

I mean I'm in pain over this episode. But come on, that is taking it way overboard.

You really need to stop putting your political agenda on these situations esp if you have no idea what feminism etc means.

But that's not a debate for here. Your politics are not really a place for ths thread.

Anyway. I hated , hated that Belle banished him.

I think it was cruel and harsh. Esp since other villians have been allowed to stay and work on redemption after similar things. And she held the real dagger so he was no longer a threat. I felt for both of them.

I dont blame her though. She needed to do something. he was losing control and she needed to act.

All I can hope for is that (and I doubt they will do this) is for Belle and the others to realize an outside force was compellig his darkness. That he was having his own breakdown, just not noticeable because he has built 300 years of walls. But he's been breakign down since he was resurrected. that they have enough care as they did for other villians on the show to let him work on making amends.

I want him to come back and work for it, fight for it. Of corue they have to call him back since he was banished. and i'm hoping that his wantign to get the trio involved is because he has learned and cant get back on his own w/o power

I really need to stay away from this board. I am to upset about all this to take on haters. I need to stay away from the show
You can always join us on the appreciation threads! I don't hold Belle responsible for Rumple gathering the trio. That is his own choice and might not be done for the reasons that we think. He needs help to get back to Storybrooke and maybe in the end he saves everybody. We just don't know.

I do hold Belle and the others responsible for using the dagger to summon him, hiding it, etc. This dagger belongs to Rumple and is a dangerous weapon. I don't trust anybody with it. This whole hide and seek and let's use the dagger to summon Rumple really pisses me off! Suddenly despite the fact that he has been kicked out of town without even being allowed to explain things only for them to use him again just makes me root for the trio of ladies!
Old 12-15-2014, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

What is up with the radio silence? You would think they would at least want to calm down the irate Rumbelle fans and to a lesser extent Outlaw Queen fans. There's nothing from anyone.

Kind of worried about Emilie's silence as well. I know Lana was working yesterday though.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:08 AM
Elite Fan

According to this tweet, Natalie Abrams is doing another hot seat interview with A&E today. Whenever it is published, we should get some clues.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NatalieAb...10631467331585
Old 12-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Absolute Fan

The problem with Belle forcing Rumple over the town line is that it was not her decision to make, regardless of her motives. If Rumple decided to unilaterally exile someone, very few people would try to justify it and rightfully so. However, I don't blame Belle. I blame the writers for once again sacrificing character integrity for plot. This show really has turned into a big disappointment in so many ways. If not for Rumple and Regina, I would have tuned out by now.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
According to this tweet, Natalie Abrams is doing another hot seat interview with A&E today. Whenever it is published, we should get some clues.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NatalieAb...10631467331585
Thanks. Probably won't be until later in the week.

I'm just reading on Twitter that ratings were pretty bad but I can't find any confirmation for that.

But generally they come out the day after the finale episodes and kind of reassure people. I guess the day is still young but I'm still worried.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
You can always join us on the appreciation threads! I don't hold Belle responsible for Rumple gathering the trio. That is his own choice and might not be done for the reasons that we think. He needs help to get back to Storybrooke and maybe in the end he saves everybody. We just don't know.

I do hold Belle and the others responsible for using the dagger to summon him, hiding it, etc. This dagger belongs to Rumple and is a dangerous weapon. I don't trust anybody with it. This whole hide and seek and let's use the dagger to summon Rumple really pisses me off! Suddenly despite the fact that he has been kicked out of town without even being allowed to explain things only for them to use him again just makes me root for the trio of ladies!
Hold on there. We have no reason to believe that anyone besides Belle used the dagger or ran him out of town. Don't go accusing everyone else.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Hold on there. We have no reason to believe that anyone besides Belle used the dagger or ran him out of town. Don't go accusing everyone else.
Even as a Rumple fan I can understand that I mean he was willing to let them all die, wasn't he? He's been plotting against everyone so he could get what he wanted. So clearly they can't trust him.

I do find it hypocritical that they trust Regina though when she has done pretty the same or worse to them. That part of it bothers me. That's the writing though.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread