Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2014, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Someone did confirm on Twitter that Gold was holding the dagger.
I just hope Belle doesn't give Hook the dagger tomorrow night, thinking it's the real one , to save Hook's life. I can't see Rumple ever forgiving her, as hypocritical as that would be.

Maybe the "Unforgiven" has to do with him not forgiving her?
First, yes there are photos of Gold holding a dagger. Added a few links in OP.

Second, I do think Belle will be pivotal to saving Hook's life. It would tie into her centric episode (4.06) and the lesson she learned from her mother, " a hero would help a stranger." Belle failed to help Anna, a person she just met, and is still missing from her POV. She felt guilty about it and confessed to meeting Anna to Elsa at the Sheriff station.

Hook, technically is known to her, but she doesn't really "know' him. Essentially, he's a stranger to her. If as Lana said during her interview, "Heroes and Villains" is about choosing sides than Belle is going to have to choose. Gold may be her husband, but he is the Dark One, the ultimate wielder of Dark Magic. Will she really let him have omnipotent, unfettered power? Rumple will surely make an argument of his positive, good and loving intentions, but is that really enough to give him carte blanche on Dark Magic forever. What was kind, sweet Anna's reaction when she realized Rumple's intention with the hat? (4.04) Would loving Rumple blind Belle to the negative of his being the DO?

We'll see on Sunday if Belle has the courage to stand up to the Dark One, even if he's her husband and help save a 'stranger's' life. It seems an interesting complex storyline for Belle and hope Emilie's acting chops can pull off the high-stakes drama. Yikes!

Last edited by CityGal; 12-13-2014 at 10:56 AM
Old 12-13-2014, 11:03 AM
Master Fan

I think Belle will help save Hook as well. That's her nature.

I just shudder at the thought that Rumple will be the one angry and walking out on her when he's been doing hideous things behind her back. I think he would feel betrayed.

And the thought of Belle fans being cheated out if seeing her go off on him (as much as I secretly still love him deep down) makes me sad.

I'm just concerned that Unforgiven refers to him not forgiving her.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
First, yes there are photos of Gold holding a dagger. Added a few links in OP.
I'm not saying Rumple isn't holding the dagger in the scenes he shot, but I couldn't find photos in the OP that clearly show him with the dagger. In the OP there's a place where it says there's a photo of Rumple and Hook with the dagger, but there's no link to click on - Is that what you added? I've seen the blurry photo of Rumple from the back that some people have said looks like the dagger, but what could be the dagger in that photo could also be light shining off the car in the background (because the same blurry white line appears in all the Rumple photos, and in several of the others it's clearly light reflecting off the car in the background, not something that Rumple is holding). Are there other, clearer photos that show him holding it?
Old 12-13-2014, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think Belle will help save Hook as well. That's her nature.

I just shudder at the thought that Rumple will be the one angry and walking out on her when he's been doing hideous things behind her back. I think he would feel betrayed.

And the thought of Belle fans being cheated out if seeing her go off on him (as much as I secretly still love him deep down) makes me sad.

I'm just concerned that Unforgiven refers to him not forgiving her.
Yes, it is her nature and if the spoilers are as suggested than a sort of new friendship-ish relationship with Hook is ahead for them. Perhaps a new level of trust building and I think it would be good for both of them and a fresh story line (for both).

Of course Rumple will be angry, he still hasn't learned and it is his ongoing struggle. "everything we need is right in front of us." Means more than acquiring artifacts.

I hope she will and by spoiler pics it may be on the 4B side of the story. She is going to be royally pissed and maybe, because time is of the essence, the need to stop a spell may not the moment to launch a tyraid, but I ultimately do suspect it will happen. How could the show miss an opportunity to launch a shoe attack?!

The audience is clamoring for a Belle shoe attack payoff.

Roshwen7 - let me check it out. It was late with a lot of updates so I probably knew placement, but forgot to hit save. Need to charge on 2%
Old 12-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Q Can you tell us a bit about Lana and Jen scene? What happened?
A
Lana was driving Cruella’s car and Emma follows behind in David’s truck (It’s weird… Don’t really know whats happening in this scene)

Posted December 13, 2014 at 12:47am | 60 notes
Katmtan

Wonder what this scene was about?

ETA I haven't seen this Coin interview posted. Not really anything new.

Quote:
Captain Hook (Colin O'Donoghue) remains heartless -- literally -- as "Once Upon a Time" enters its Season 4 fall finale, "Heroes and Villains." Rumpelstiltskin (Robert Carlyle) is still in control of Emma Swan's boyfriend as he tries to free himself from the Dark One's dagger, which doesn't bode well for the great Captain.

But unlike previous situations where characters' hearts have been stolen, Hook actually feels bad about the terrible things he is doing. This seems to go against the previously established rules of "Once Upon a Time," but O'Donoghue says the divergence does make sense in the show's world.

"Helga [Ungurait], who is one of the producers on the show, sort of maps out what you can and what you can't do when you lose your heart," O'Donoghue explains to Zap2it over coffee in Vancouver, where "Once" films. "The way that we see it is Rumpel also wants to torture Hook, Rumpel wants Hook to feel for Emma. That's the way we rationalized it, because in the past when other people have had their hearts stolen they've been told to do something and then they go do it."

The Dec. 14 episode of "Once Upon a Time" will feature the introductions of three villains known as the Queens of Darkness: Maleficent (Kristin Bauer van Straten), Ursula (Merrin Dugney) and Cruella de Vil (Victoria Smurfit). The new arc will continue the discussion of whether villains can get happy endings, which was a huge part of both Regina (Lana Parilla) and Rumpelstiltskin's stories in the first half of Season 4.

When Hook was first introduced in Season 2 he was technically a villain, but as the show has progressed he has become more of a hero. Fans certainly seem to hope that Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Hook can live happily ever after (their 'ship name is "Captain Swan," after all). But O'Donoghue isn't sure which category his character falls in, which could be problematic for the pair if only heroes are rewarded by the mysterious Author and villains end up unhappy.

"It's kind of a gray area. Probably the second season you would have definitely said he's a villain. I mean, he's a pirate," he explains. "Hook has at times tried to do the right thing, at other times he's done really the wrong thing, or done the wrong thing because he felt in some way [it was right] -- or he had no choice. And sometimes, in older Hook, his heart was just so dark from just a constant quest for revenge. When some people just go so deep into things, it's kind of a gray area for them. Definitely now he's trying to be a good person."

O'Donoghue says Hook's current goal is just to "do right by Emma" -- even with his heart in Rumpel's possession. "He loves her, and he's willing to do whatever to prove to her that he's worthy of her," the actor says. "Hook has always been guided by a misguided sense of what's right because all the nasty things he did in the past were to get revenge for the death of somebody he loved. He was blinded by that. That's not excusing a lot of the things he did. Once he decided that he's doing something, that's it, he's in, 100 percent."

"Once Upon a Time's" Season 4 fall finale airs Sunday, Dec. 14 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
x

Last edited by Austenphile; 12-13-2014 at 12:53 PM
Old 12-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Colin's latest interview posted today. Here is the link to the full interview.

Quote:
"Helga [Ungurait], who is one of the producers on the show, sort of maps out what you can and what you can't do when you lose your heart," O'Donoghue explains to Zap2it over coffee in Vancouver, where "Once" films. "The way that we see it is Rumpel also wants to torture Hook, Rumpel wants Hook to feel for Emma. That's the way we rationalized it, because in the past when other people have had their hearts stolen they've been told to do something and then they go do it."
The quote above is interesting. If Rumple is making it worse for Hook by allowing him to feel the pain of the bad things he has to do and feel how devastated he is to lose Emma that could be a key to what causes Rumple's plan to fail. He got too caught up in the revenge which he should have learned that never really ends well!
Old 12-13-2014, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

That was a good interview with Colin, and I feel for Hook here. I just wish it wasn't being written at Rumple's expense. This is a good story for Hook and Emma but it's seemingly the ending of Rumbelle and it's like that's just not important.

It's hard being both a Hook and Rumple fan. I just wish they hadn't written the story this way.

Last edited by Belleislove; 12-13-2014 at 03:42 PM
Old 12-13-2014, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is hard to be a fan of both right now but I will always love Rumple's character. I'm pretty forgiving of fictional characters. Particularly when they wear leather, have swagger, and have an accent. Hook and Rumple both fit that description.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
It is hard to be a fan of both right now but I will always love Rumple's character. I'm pretty forgiving of fictional characters. Particularly when they wear leather, have swagger, and have an accent. Hook and Rumple both fit that description.
That's a good attitude to have!

I just can't believe they've shown more of him and Hook than Rumbelle. Especially considering that Rumbelle will once again be separated they couldn't give them one kiss and almost nothing as far as a happy moment? Wow.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

It is really hard to love both of them, but it's definitely possible. You just can't always think of Hook and Rumple in relation to each other. That certainly doesn't work.

And tbh, how boring and unrealistic would it be if every character was totally respectful of every other character 100% of the time? The sad truth is we need every type of relationship--enemies, alliances, broken trust, friendship, love, etc.--to keep things interesting.

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 12-13-2014, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^Great point!

Quote:
That's a good attitude to have!

I just can't believe they've shown more of him and Hook than Rumbelle. Especially considering that Rumbelle will once again be separated they couldn't give them one kiss and almost nothing as far as a happy moment? Wow.
One thing that every writer is adamant about is that they don't write ships, they write characters. All ship development is only used if they feel like it is important to the character. It seems to me that they have intentionally sidelined Belle to show how isolated Rumple feels at this time. If we saw domestic happy scenes it would be harder to get into Rumple's mindset.

I think the frustration that everyone feels with Rumple is exactly what they want us to feel. Rumple himself is frustrated and confused because after he killed Zelena he expected his life with Belle to be enough but he gave into temptation right away. This doesn't mean that Belle isn't enough, though. The reason he's not happy is because he lied to her. Does anyone think they could be happy with that kind of guilt. And now the lies have compounded to the point where he thinks he will have it all but he will probably lose everything.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do still like both even though I do side more with Hook and I do want Rumple punished. However, Rc plays Rumple so well that I do thing ill ever hate him
Old 12-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

At the beginning, I hated how they made Rumple back to his evil ways, but I understand it now : Bobby is just too good at this. Way too good.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rumple/Belle script tease

On my phone, can't post image...

I wonder if they are referring to the box? Belle has seen it before so she would quickly put everything together...
Old 12-13-2014, 06:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)

I'm also a fan of both characters - most especially because I love Colin and RC. As you say, swagger, leather, and delicious accents, as well as loads of expressive talent!
Penny Dreadful "Demimonde of Shadows":http://archiveofourown.org/series/498457
Once Upon a Time Killian / Emma series: https://archiveofourown.org/series/69753

Last edited by earthspirits; 12-13-2014 at 07:07 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread