Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
There is magic outside SB it's just rare. They showed the guy that Tamara killed used magic.
It was not original. Though it can't be confirmed anyhow, I bet the Dragon must've been from the EF along with his magic.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:29 PM
Passionate Fan

I am bringing this over from the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
He could be trying to throw us off? Emilie is not leaving so let's kill that rumor now, nor do we know if she is going to leave him for good! I am taking a break here. I can't stand the negativity anymore. I need some hope!

Like James Brolin as Geprge Lutz in the Amityville Horror said..."Don't you have any good news!!!!"

It's our fault for being negative though? I guess I don't understand not seeing why some would be negative when one half the pairing is the most negative of all? Sorry but I think people are understandably surprised at his comments.

We're not the ones being most negative. It's RC himself.
Belleislove is offline Reply With Quote | Quick Reply With Quote

Belleislove
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Belleislove
Find More Posts by Belleislove

I wasn't necessarily talking about you guys. I meant negativity from the writers, media, seemingly Robert, and some Rumbelle fans. That is what is getting me down and I just want to hear some hopeful news. I ship Rumbelle and I really don't want to see them permanently broken up and seeing other people. I want there to be a reason behind this madness and a good one so the Rumple haters can eat crow and we can enjoy our couple again. All I hear is doom and gloom and it is keeping me from enjoying the show anymore. I don't wish to stop people from venting especially at the writers. I feel like venting myself. I just want to look forward to and enjoy the show again like I did during the hiatus!
Old 10-21-2014, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

There's no written rule that magic can't work outside of Storybrooke in the real world. It's just very rare when it does.

In the Snow Queen's case she like Emma and Elsa was probably born with magic. So being in a different land wouldn't just take that away from somebody if it's a part of them.

TFTNT

Last edited by scififan2009; 10-21-2014 at 08:47 PM
Old 10-21-2014, 08:43 PM
PWC
Loyal Fan

As upset as I am about what the writers have done with Rumbelle (I was going to specify this season, but I guess it has actually been since season 2), Robert's comments aren't actually that upsetting to me. He's sort of trolled the fans before: I think shortly before Crocodile aired, he gave an interview where he implied Rumple did love Belle, but the question was how much. And of course that upset a lot of fans. But the episode itself showed him fighting for Belle and being honest with her.

And he also implied in 3B that Rumbelle wouldn't be married in the foreseeable future. So I do think he sometimes deliberately says things contrary to how the story actually plays out.

That's not to say I believe Gold isn't the worst character, because I truly dislike him now and I have no faith in the writers to fix his characterization or have him treat Belle in any decent manner. But my lack of faith is due to what has and has not been shown on screen--nothing to do with Robert's comments.

And tftnt!
Old 10-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
There's no written rule that magic can't work outside of Storybrooke in the real world. It's just very rare when it does.

In the Snow Queen's case she like Emma and Elsa was probably born with magic. So being in a different land wouldn't just take that away from somebody if it's a part of them.
Even if they had such great power within, they mustn't let it show for their own safety, otherwise they would be destroyed by corporate greed and media exposure.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
Way to go! J/K
Blame the pre-caffeine typing!

Last edited by CityGal; 10-21-2014 at 09:01 PM
Old 10-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWC (View Post)
As upset as I am about what the writers have done with Rumbelle (I was going to specify this season, but I guess it has actually been since season 2), Robert's comments aren't actually that upsetting to me. He's sort of trolled the fans before: I think shortly before Crocodile aired, he gave an interview where he implied Rumple did love Belle, but the question was how much. And of course that upset a lot of fans. But the episode itself showed him fighting for Belle and being honest with her.

And he also implied in 3B that Rumbelle wouldn't be married in the foreseeable future. So I do think he sometimes deliberately says things contrary to how the story actually plays out.

That's not to say I believe Gold isn't the worst character, because I truly dislike him now and I have no faith in the writers to fix his characterization or have him treat Belle in any decent manner. But my lack of faith is due to what has and has not been shown on screen--nothing to do with Robert's comments.

And tftnt!
Come on, he's not that awful. He is but a slave to the dagger. He did what he did to liberate himself from its control. You know, in reality, it's not fair to blame the drug addicts and the overweight hunks instead of the Big Drug and the Big Food who caused their problems.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:35 PM
PWC
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus (View Post)
Come on, he's not that awful.
Yes, he is. IMHO.

Quote:
He is but a slave to the dagger.
No. He has given up the dagger before. And it has never been suggested that the dagger itself takes away the Dark One's free will if it's in his possession.

Quote:
He did what he did to liberate himself from its control.
While still keeping his power. A process which involves killing people and lying to Belle. Note that there are non-murderous ways to free himself from the dagger that would involve losing his powers, yet he doesn't seem too interested in those.

Quote:
You know, in reality, it's not fair to blame the drug addicts and the overweight hunks instead of the Big Drug and the Big Food who caused their problems.
I actually don't blame food companies for people's over-eating. That sounds pretty ridiculous to me but YMMV.

Ignoring all that, Gold isn't just trying to gain power. He isn't just hiding his "addiction" from Belle. He used her as an alibi in a completely unnecessary way. That had nothing to do with addiction and everything to do with disrespect. So yes, I think the way the writers have changed the character is awful. I say this as someone who used to love Rumple.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

First of all, addiction is a strategy to sell products driven by corporate greed despite the subsequent damage to the costumers' health. Cocaine, cigarette and alcohol all work in the same way, so does the sugar in junk food. There's no natural food that can cause overeating - meat, vegetable, fruit, grain, none of them has such effect, only junk food does, so it is absolutely wrong to blame the fat people for being lazy or lack of willpower to starve themselves.

Likewise, Rumple is an addict fighting with the dagger's power. Everyone is sinned since birth, which is visualized as a dark spot on the heart, and the dagger amplifies his inner darkness to do bad things, but luckily he's got Belle and her love to stop him from going further. Belle has tamed the Beast. With or without the dagger, she is the light of his life as long as she lives. Although she was jailed for decades and shot to lose her identity for being Rumple's woman, none of these sufferings made her love him less. However, if Rumple gave her the real dagger, there's no guarantee that it wouldn't turn her into another Zelena or another Regina. Rumple's effort to get rid of the dagger is the right thing to do.

Last edited by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus; 10-21-2014 at 11:01 PM
Old 10-22-2014, 03:09 AM
Master Fan

ok I'm throwing this stupid theory out there after I attempted to analyze Robert's comments.

BTW, we know Robert loves Rumbelle.. he always says something about them.. talked at CC about them, and said Skin Deep was the best 42 mins of tv he was ever part of.

So he doesn't dislike RUmbelle, their relationship is different then the others. Rumple is complex and his issues run deeper so RObert has the ability to troll us as he has done before.

anyway, back to looking for a hidden meaning, because Robert does that too.

He talked about the hat/dagger being around before Belle and will be there long after. Rumple is the DO, he'll live to see Belle and any future children die before him. Bae just died before him. He doesn't want to lose his power because he'd be back to the crippled spinner that people hurt and were malicious towards. but he doesn't want to live forever and watch his other love grow old and die and he just keeps going on. So he doesn't want to be in the spot again where people kicked him around and bullied him, and since he lost one love,his son, he doesn't want to see Belle grow old and lose her to eventually.

So as soon as he saw the hat he became obsessed with what it could do. Only trouble is that he's falling further into darkness in his pursuit to still have power but be able to die and grow old with Belle.

Ok that's what I took from his interview.

Last edited by Rhonwen; 10-22-2014 at 03:29 AM
Old 10-22-2014, 03:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWC (View Post)
Yes, he is. IMHO.

No. He has given up the dagger before. And it has never been suggested that the dagger itself takes away the Dark One's free will if it's in his possession.

While still keeping his power. A process which involves killing people and lying to Belle. Note that there are non-murderous ways to free himself from the dagger that would involve losing his powers, yet he doesn't seem too interested in those.

I actually don't blame food companies for people's over-eating. That sounds pretty ridiculous to me but YMMV.

Ignoring all that, Gold isn't just trying to gain power. He isn't just hiding his "addiction" from Belle. He used her as an alibi in a completely unnecessary way. That had nothing to do with addiction and everything to do with disrespect. So yes, I think the way the writers have changed the character is awful. I say this as someone who used to love Rumple.
I agree with everything you've said. I am a Rumple fan (although not so much at the moment but that may change) and I think he is that bad right now. And also like you said, he's doing more than just trying to do whatever he is doing. He's using the woman he just married and made vows to, the only person to steadfastly stand by him in all his life.

Quote:
I wasn't necessarily talking about you guys. I meant negativity from the writers, media, seemingly Robert, and some Rumbelle fans. That is what is getting me down and I just want to hear some hopeful news. I ship Rumbelle and I really don't want to see them permanently broken up and seeing other people. I want there to be a reason behind this madness and a good one so the Rumple haters can eat crow and we can enjoy our couple again. All I hear is doom and gloom and it is keeping me from enjoying the show anymore. I don't wish to stop people from venting especially at the writers. I feel like venting myself. I just want to look forward to and enjoy the show again like I did during the hiatus!
I hear ya. And I understand wanting to be positive but we have to vent a little when we keep getting these dreadful interviews. I want there to be a reason too but RC is doing nothing to help this.

He's been talking very flippantly about Belle and the Rumbelle marriage and I don't know if he's trying to prepare us for something or just playing with us like he's sometimes done in the past.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:22 AM
Master Fan

Robert loves Rumbelle but he doesn't gush, he's gushes more over story and substance. The relationship and love is just a bonus. He's always been more interested in the character analysis side. I think Robert sees the gushing as juvenile, so he'd rather tease us like he did at CC, etc
Old 10-22-2014, 03:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
Robert loves Rumbelle but he doesn't gush, he's gushes more over story and substance. The relationship and love is just a bonus. He's always been more interested in the character analysis side. I think Robert sees the gushing as juvenile, so he'd rather tease us like he did at CC, etc
God love you, you are trying to be so positive!! And I like to hear positive spins on this.

I don't expect him to gush. That's not his way. But this is the exact opposite of gushing. You still should be able to not act like Belle is some hindrance to him and pretty much nothing. That hat will be there after she's gone? Yikes. I guess he can have a life with his hat then. There's just no encouragement coming from everyone. This is supposedly a family show about fairytales and romance and fun. And it's not like that, at least for Rumbelle.

Anyway, they're filming today. Can I hope for Belle telling him off in public? Please, please, please?

You know I do love his character but I'm disgusted with him right now and don't like him.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
God love you, you are trying to be so positive!! And I like to hear positive spins on this.

I don't expect him to gush. That's not his way. But this is the exact opposite of gushing. You still should be able to not act like Belle is some hindrance to him and pretty much nothing. That hat will be there after she's gone? Yikes. I guess he can have a life with his hat then. There's just no encouragement coming from everyone. This is supposedly a family show about fairytales and romance and fun. And it's not like that, at least for Rumbelle.

Anyway, they're filming today. Can I hope for Belle telling him off in public? Please, please, please?

You know I do love his character but I'm disgusted with him right now and don't like him.
But did you read my theory below.. why I think he's doing this now?? Robert loves to give a hidden clue to things.. or outright give away spoilers..

so read it and tell me what you think
Old 10-22-2014, 03:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
But did you read my theory below.. why I think he's doing this now?? Robert loves to give a hidden clue to things.. or outright give away spoilers..

so read it and tell me what you think
I always love your theories!!! And I would like for this to be true. And it is true that he has said things in the past that have turned out to not be how they played out at all so we'll see.

But it's wearing me down, his constant negative spin on this and power meaning more.

And really Adam doesn't help when he doesn't reassure fans at all. I understand you can't and shouldn't give things away but if this were any other fandom that were this upset? He would be trying to calm them down on Twitter. I'm a little tired of feeling like we don't deserve better.

Now Kalinda Vasquez has been more encouraging. I like her a lot. She keeps saying we should wait and see, that we've only seen a few episodes and there are 18 more to go. Which kind of says to me this will carry on the rest of the year. But there are twists and turns.

It kind of hurts that Jane Espenson doesn't seem to care about this couple she created at all anymore.

So maybe looking at the big picture it will be better for us, kind of looking back over the journey? But right now it's just hard and the show and the actors are doing nothing to encourage us to keep watching.

P.S. I really liked your Jekyll/Hyde theory and am sorry that doesn't appear to be what they're doing.

ETA: The fact that they're deleting scenes that would have shown a more tender side to him is not promising either. They are really off the mark with this story, imo. They're just making him hateful and making people want Belle to leave him, which I guess may be their goal but may not be good for the show in the long run.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread