Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hook is charismatic, funny, and loves deeply. He's also really smart well most of the time. He also battling to be good and I like that quality.

Neal had potential but I don't understand on his own what was special about him other than wanting a Charmingstilskin family or wanting Rumples happy ending. I just don't understand what made the character special without his Bae past. However, it was the writing. I am just saying a heard from 2 people who aren't Emma or Rumple fans so it was weird
Old 10-21-2014, 10:48 AM
Elite Fan

Episode 10 is called Shattered Sight
Old 10-21-2014, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you Cam
Old 10-21-2014, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Hook is charismatic, funny, and loves deeply. He's also really smart well most of the time. He also battling to be good and I like that quality. Neal had potential but I don't understand on his own what was special about him other than wanting a Charmingstilskin family or wanting Rumples happy ending. I just don't understand what made the character special without his Bae past. However, it was the writing. I am just saying a heard from 2 people who aren't Emma or Rumple fans so it was weird
Rumple is too. He said before that he watned to be the better man again. The man before he became the DO and was cursed.

The point is people are allowed to see other things they like in a show/character w/o being told they are wrong.

People may like the qualities Hook portrays but he also has other qualities that make him unlikeable to some. Just as Rumple has. I don't worry about those that dont like Rumple. and I try not to question them about it.

And you shouldn't worry about those that don't like Hook or prefer Neal. And many of us like Neal because we saw Bae in S1 and wanted to see him grown up and had high hopes. Hook has nothign to do with what other missing Neal, or thinking he had an unfair life and the writers copped out in his story.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new title. Hmm. I guess it's not a two part finale then. I would assume A&E will write 11.

Shattered Sight? Any thoughts?
Old 10-21-2014, 10:56 AM
PWC
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the title spoiler. Have they written for Once before? I don't recognize the names.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Thanks for the new title. Hmm. I guess it's not a two part finale then. I would assume A&E will write 11.

No. But it is in the same vein as Breaking Glass and Smash the Mirror.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWC (View Post)
Thanks for the title spoiler. Have they written for Once before? I don't recognize the names.
I didn't recognize them either. Kind of strange since I would bet this will be a big episode setting up the finale.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It had nothing to do with Hook. I think it was lack of food but I wanted to see if I had missed something special about Neal because I get why people like Rumple, Emma, and Regina the Charmings without them being connected to other characters. anyway Ill stop
Old 10-21-2014, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

According to RC it's bad for Rumple in this episode so maybe it's his shattered marriage? Although I can't see them giving all that much focus to the Rumbelle marriage.

I just saw a good theory. This is like in the original SQ story about the shard in the eye. "Shattered sight." Just wonder who is getting it.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randysgirl (View Post)
I know some of the storylines can be repetitive, but I think that's the point in a way. They're supposed to be. Life has a way of presenting things to you over and over again until you get it right. All of our "villains" have made poor choices in the past (and continue to do so to some extent in the present), but each time they have an obstacle thrown at them, they have a chance to choose differently. Sometimes those obstacles will be very similar (Regina thinking she has lost her love again and that her life is ruined), but I think that's the only way they can truly grow - they have to face what they failed at the first time and choose differently now. It may seem that they're headed down the same negative path in the short term, but I believe they've all grown enough to ultimately choose the right thing in the end.
I like this way of looking at it - thanks as always, Randysgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
How you feel is sort of how I felt through 3B. I felt like Emma was being pushed aside and was acting OOC and they were focusing a lot on Regina. And then the finale aired and it was all about Emma's journey and I loved every moment. Now they are focusing on Emma and digging deeper into her character and I love it more than ever.

As for Hook, well, I of course love him and I find him to be such an intriguing character. But I really love all the characters and the world and all the magical whats-its of the week. I've always loved the show I just think now it's better than ever but that is my totally biased opinion.

Please continue posting, even if you are down! I like reading your comments I like reading everyone's comments!!!
I agree with you T'Lynn! I was coming here to post pretty much the same thing. Except I don't love all the characters all the time I definitely have my less favourite ones, but I try to respect that others are invested in their story even if I'm not particularly and be happy when that story is developed.

I hope those who aren't happy about this season so far can at least be happy for those of us who are. We try our best to be happy when your favourites are featured
Old 10-21-2014, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)

ep 10 is when Rumple is at his lowest point? maybe the darkness consumes him and he can't see the light anymore?

I think it doesn't bode well for many of the characters and for some it will go beyond the winter hiatus.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
It had nothing to do with Hook. I think it was lack of food but I wanted to see if I had missed something special about Neal because I get why people like Rumple, Emma, and Regina the Charmings without them being connected to other characters. anyway Ill stop
Some people just happen to like average nice guys, and think them interesting. I know. I married one of them, and I love my husband a lot. 19 years of happy marriage today, btw.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
ep 10 is when Rumple is at his lowest point? maybe the darkness consumes him and he can't see the light anymore?

I think it doesn't bode well for many of the characters and for some it will go beyond the winter hiatus.
I'm not sure how much lower Rumple can go. And I would be really surprised if they give Belle any point of view in this story. She'll probably find out about what he's done off screen.

I don't think it's going to be a real happy hiatus for some of the of the characters either.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianamed (View Post)
Some people just happen to like average nice guys, and think them interesting. I know. I married one of them, and I love my husband a lot. 19 years of happy marriage today, btw.

Oooh! Happy anniversary! I hope you're doing something special!