Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2016, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

I'm happy all your dreams came true.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes, I have a hard time believing that Davina will stay dead. Cami is gone for good, I think. But like Kara mentioned, killing off 2 female mains in one season leaves too much of a vacuum behind.

Personally I found Cami's goodbyes with everyone a little over the top, but I did think it was a well done episode. I found her panic and lack of peace at the end to be the most sad aspect, and all the goodbyes teetered on sappy, for me.

So what is the loophole for killing Lucien? Is it white oak, the same as the other originals? Because obviously if the ancestors were helping him become this powerful, they must have a loophole to retain the balance of power.

I am getting a bit tired of there *always* being more white oak, but I understand at the same time that if there is no real danger to the originals, it takes a lot of the tension out of things.

Kol/Davina. So is Kol's curse over now? Was the curse in place, simply to drive him to kill Davina and now it is done? Or is he still going mad?

~Katie~
Old 04-30-2016, 08:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

C'mon, they can't have Davina stay dead. No sense in killing off the prettiest girl on the whole damn show Let's face it, we all know how CW casts people.

Last edited by Telepath; 04-30-2016 at 08:27 AM Reason: ETR
Old 04-30-2016, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
Yes, I have a hard time believing that Davina will stay dead. Cami is gone for good, I think. But like Kara mentioned, killing off 2 female mains in one season leaves too much of a vacuum behind.

Personally I found Cami's goodbyes with everyone a little over the top, but I did think it was a well done episode. I found her panic and lack of peace at the end to be the most sad aspect, and all the goodbyes teetered on sappy, for me.

So what is the loophole for killing Lucien? Is it white oak, the same as the other originals? Because obviously if the ancestors were helping him become this powerful, they must have a loophole to retain the balance of power.

I am getting a bit tired of there *always* being more white oak, but I understand at the same time that if there is no real danger to the originals, it takes a lot of the tension out of things.

Kol/Davina. So is Kol's curse over now? Was the curse in place, simply to drive him to kill Davina and now it is done? Or is he still going mad?
I thought her last moment of panic was real and actually showed Leah's true acting power, but I had to rewatch about 3 times before I was able to really appreciate and not just be super happy . Still I think her first death (before she chose to be a vampire) was more powerful because it was about her and not about a ship since this one was all about Klaus and how she wants him to be a good person when she's gone blah, blah, blah. The only goodbye I thought was also great was Vincent to Camille. He made it about her and not Klaus. Like literally the only character who cares she was gone because she had more to offer to the world and not what her death meant for Klaus.

I'm pretty sure Kol is free from the ancestors now since he completed the task and killed Davina. I hope so anyway.

Well Freya is going to use magic to try to unmake Lucien from being a super original hybrid (so lame tbh). If that's the case couldn't she do the same for her siblings and make them human or would they just end up dying their human death? That's my real question.

I think the ancestors probably have some sort of loophole to end Lucien. I can't imagine them allowing this powerful and unkillable creature to not have any weakness since it has been said nature needs balance which is why white oak was what made the originals vulnerable. I'm assuming we may find out next episode or at the very least the second to last episode and then the finale will be about how to use that knowledge to end Lucien.

Watch it be that someone with that super original hybrid power is the only way to stop them so they have to decide between leaving Lucien powerful or allowing Aurora to change in order to get her to kill Lucien and having her be unstoppable is worth it .
Old 04-30-2016, 10:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anna (View Post)
The only goodbye I thought was also great was Vincent to Camille. He made it about her and not Klaus. Like literally the only character who cares she was gone because she had more to offer to the world and not what her death meant for Klaus.
Agreed! But I just love Vincent in general and Yusuf tends to make his scenes great and believable (as best he can with what he has to work with ) IMHO.

Yeah, I thought the fact that Cami as a person was focused on so little as she was dying was kind of gross (though I don't care one way or another about her character). Although eventually I hated that everything in TVD was about Elena's needs/wants, I much preferred the way the lead-up to her death had her reflecting on all the things she had hoped to do in life (season 2 death). Obviously Cami had already lost a lot of those opportunities when she became a vampire, but they could have spun it that she was just starting to discover all the things she could still achieve in her new body, only to have it snatched away...instead of having it be sad because Klaus finally had someone who believed in him and loved him because they wanted to, and not because he was family. I mean, that part can be seen as sad, too, but they shouldn't have it be the focus of a characters death scene. Leave that realization for a later episode or something.

~Katie~
Old 04-30-2016, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
Agreed! But I just love Vincent in general and Yusuf tends to make his scenes great and believable (as best he can with what he has to work with ) IMHO.

Yeah, I thought the fact that Cami as a person was focused on so little as she was dying was kind of gross (though I don't care one way or another about her character). Although eventually I hated that everything in TVD was about Elena's needs/wants, I much preferred the way the lead-up to her death had her reflecting on all the things she had hoped to do in life (season 2 death). Obviously Cami had already lost a lot of those opportunities when she became a vampire, but they could have spun it that she was just starting to discover all the things she could still achieve in her new body, only to have it snatched away...instead of having it be sad because Klaus finally had someone who believed in him and loved him because they wanted to, and not because he was family. I mean, that part can be seen as sad, too, but they shouldn't have it be the focus of a characters death scene. Leave that realization for a later episode or something.
I'm not gonna lie and say I really care either way about how Camille died since I'm just glad she did, but holding my hate for the character aside I find it a big insult to any character to have their death be about someone else. Especially when an entire episode is dedicated to said character and we still have no idea what she was truly about because they made it about Klaus.

I don't mind them having sad shipper moments for a character dying. It's expected when said character is attached to someone, but to make it the entire episode about how she's trying to make him feel better and to be a better person with her gone just points out that her entire existence was about him. They didn't do that to Finn and yet they did it to Camille who had a lot more time for character development than Finn ever got. Is it because she's female or just because they really had no idea what she was outside of klamille?

As I said before, her first death and having made the decision (before she changed her mind) to die a human was so profoundly important and had me giving a hated character (for me) a lot of respect in that moment. I know we saw that done on TVD with Caroline's dad, but if they had done that with Camille who was young and had a lot of potential and seemed to genuinely want to change the world for the better it would have had more of an impact with me. Unfortunately they wasted a great opportunity and made her death 98% about how Klaus will be able to cope without her. Personal feelings aside for her I find that extremely sad that even in her final moments she was reduced to nothing more than a love interest.

Yusuf is amazing. Honestly the guy has magic when it comes to making crap seem important . I was concerned about him possibly dying, but that would be a huge mistake. He has so much to offer and I wish they utilized him more. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Freya "hang out" more. I thought that had chemistry when they were supposed to be siblings in s2 .
Old 04-30-2016, 12:23 PM
Passionate Fan

I refuse to believe that Davina will stay dead. They need to let me live and make sure Cami stays gray though. Davina was great this episode. She and Kol give me lots of feels. I was okay with everyone's goodbye to Cami except Haley's. I know they liked and respected eachother, but it was just a smidge much. Cami's death definitely should have been more about her, but then her storyline from day one needed to be more focused on her. It was okay in season one, but just got worse each season. Yusuf is definitely amazing. Each episode he continues to appear in makes me happy. Stay breathing Vincent.

ETA: I swear to God if they kill Davina off for real and keep Cami.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 04-30-2016, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
I refuse to believe that Davina will stay dead. They need to let me live and make sure Cami stays gray though. Davina was great this episode. She and Kol give me lots of feels. I was okay with everyone's goodbye to Cami except Haley's. I know they liked and respected eachother, but it was just a smidge much. Cami's death definitely should have been more about her, but then her storyline from day one needed to be more focused on her. It was okay in season one, but just got worse each season. Yusuf is definitely amazing. Each episode he continues to appear in makes me happy. Stay breathing Vincent.

ETA: I swear to God if they kill Davina off for real and keep Cami.
From everything I've seen Camille's death is permanent. There's been tons of interviews by Julie Plec, Narducci, and Leah herself on her last day filming and Camille's death. Plus this beauty she tweeted last night:

So I think it's safe to say Camille is dead forever.

I just don't know about Danielle/Davina. I really hope she does come back, even if I have to wait until s4 I will, but I can't deal with her staying dead after everything she's been through. Plus I just can't see them getting rid of 2 female regulars permanently.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I wonder what made them decide to kill her off, was it her ever growing unpopularity?
Old 04-30-2016, 01:36 PM
Loyal Fan

I wasn't a fan of her's, but was kind of sad to see her die for good. I guess she grew on me.

Ros1
Old 04-30-2016, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I'm sure Cami will stay dead, at least for a long while because they can't give someone such an emotional sendoff for no reason!
Old 04-30-2016, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswellian1 (View Post)
I wasn't a fan of her's, but was kind of sad to see her die for good. I guess she grew on me.
Same she grew on me.

My fav is Kol so I'm happy to have him back but he's alwaaaayyyss suffering
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
From everything I've seen Camille's death is permanent. There's been tons of interviews by Julie Plec, Narducci, and Leah herself on her last day filming and Camille's death. Plus this beauty she tweeted last night:

So I think it's safe to say Camille is dead forever.

I just don't know about Danielle/Davina. I really hope she does come back, even if I have to wait until s4 I will, but I can't deal with her staying dead after everything she's been through. Plus I just can't see them getting rid of 2 female regulars permanently.
Alrighty. I too hope Davina is not gone for good. I can wait to season 4 as well if need be. Davina's been through so much and doesn't get nearly enough screen time. Plus, Kol and Davina are too good for that to be it for them.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 04-30-2016, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawako (View Post)
I wonder what made them decide to kill her off, was it her ever growing unpopularity?
Well both Narducci and Leah seem to say that it was something they talked about in the beginning of s3, but I have a feeling it was more them deciding she become a vampire that they talked about in the beginning. I just can't see them having outlined that this was the season Camille would be killed off. I don't know.

Interview with Narducci about Camille/Davina: The Originals boss on [spoiler]'s heartbreaking death, hope for Davina | EW.com

Interview with Leah Pipes: The Originals: Leah Pipes talks Cami's death | EW.com

To me Leah sounds almost bitter about it so I don't see how it was planned from the beginning of s3. Plus I would think she would have been looking into other acting opportunities knowing her character was coming to an end. It all just screams that it was either a last minute choice to shock the audience or it wasn't even their decision to kill her off given Narducci and Plec seemed to really love Camille/Leah and they only kill off those they love when the actor already has a job lined up (Alaric/Matt Davis on TVD). I just find the whole thing very sketchy, but I don't see Camille coming back to life, but possibly flashbacks. I know anyone can come back to life on these shows, but with her sendoff/the interviews/the fact that she didn't leave by choice seems like Camille is gone for good.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
They didn't do that to Finn and yet they did it to Camille who had a lot more time for character development than Finn ever got. Is it because she's female or just because they really had no idea what she was outside of klamille?
I think it's the latter. They made Cami revolve around Klaus since the very beginning. Who was Cami? Primarily, she was dangled as a potential love interest for Klaus, as someone who was meant to be a foil for him. She was created to highlight him. So I guess in that sense it made sense that her death was all about him too.

I think she got written off because they had no idea where to go with her character and didn't want to turn Klaus into (more of) a lovesick puppy dog or make him too "domesticated". But who knows.

~Katie~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread