Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2016, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

Turning into a vampire changing you from your human days...I liked this story the first time I saw it: Stefan Salvatore...Damon Salvatore...Elena Gilbert...Caroline Forbes...just to name a few .

Honestly I have a feeling that othfan1980 is right and Camille is going to be the "surprising foe" that the episode descriptions were referring to that Klaus has to face who comes into possession of a weapon deadly to the Originals. Oh joy . I just hope this means someone stakes her soon.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Elsa (View Post)
Not only that, but it's done before five times to the point where it's not interesting anymore. It also seems like only did this because they couldn't find other ways to make her compelling as a human
Yep. That keeper of the gate, I mean dark objects hoopla went nowhere fast.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 02-01-2016, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
Yep. That keeper of the gate, I mean dark objects hoopla went nowhere fast.
Yeah they really dropped the ball with her and that "story". Not that I'm complaining, but I would have rather that than her being a meanie vampire.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anna (View Post)
Yeah they really dropped the ball with her and that "story". Not that I'm complaining, but I would have rather that than her being a meanie vampire.
Yeah, I was fine with her becoming like a Buffy's Giles type character. The vamp thing is so expected and boring.

I think I'm just gonna skip this one and wait for the Kol to show up or Klefan, whichever comes first. Because those detailed spoilers posted here did turn out true and I wasn't too impressed with everything else they revealed.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

Same dude. Gonna switch to YouTube clips for a while cause I didn't sign up for the Camille Diaries.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Elsa (View Post)
Not only that, but it's been done before five times to the point where it's not interesting anymore. It also seems like they only did this because they couldn't find other ways to make her compelling as a human
Have they done it all before...we have had Elena (little miss goody two shoes) and Caroline (control freak goody two shoes); but both were nicey nice people with no "dark" past attached (like Cami aluded). Even in the first few minutes of her being a vamp I found her more interesting that Elena and Caroline. And particularly if Klaus's attempts to tame her or keep good Cami out backfire she could be a really interesting "bad guy". I am interested in discovering this bad side she has always alluded to in her past, predominantly as all the other humans turned vamps did not have a mixed past. And add her psychology background, I think a heightened sense of understanding people's psychology could be really interesting
Old 02-02-2016, 12:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Same dude. Gonna switch to YouTube clips for a while cause I didn't sign up for the Camille Diaries.
How is it Camille diaries. She has turned a vamp but the show is still predominantly surrounding the originals :s
Old 02-02-2016, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by othfan1980 (View Post)
How is it Camille diaries. She has turned a vamp but the show is still predominantly surrounding the originals :s
She's not being literal, but judging from the promo and the new synopsis' it does sound like they're making her out to be the big bad temporarily, and if some people don't want to sit down for this then that's totally fine.

As for your first question, well, really? Stefan had a "turn it off" phase, Damon had it from the start of the series, Katherine had been that way for years, Elena shut down after her brother died, Caroline did the same after her mother did as well, and Elijah has been putting up with Klaus for centuries, so it's not exactly inaccurate to say they aren't recycling this with Cami, who for some reason shut down right after transition which was pretty fast and doesn't make any sense, since nothing drove her to shut down at all, which is all the more reason to believe this was a rushed writing attempt to make a new villain and to hopefully boost her appeal with most viewers.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think Camille is shutting down as more that her dark side (that we haven't seen no matter what the writers say) has been amplified. Just as it was with Stefan and Damon when they first turned. Ala this shiit has been seen before and I don't feel like reliving it with a b-cast version of it. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't think Camille is shutting down as more that her dark side (that we haven't seen no matter what the writers say) has been amplified. Just as it was with Stefan and Damon when they first turned. Ala this shiit has been seen before and I don't feel like reliving it with a b-cast version of it. Thanks.
Yeah. And it's okay to like camille, but I am personally baffled if anyone denies that this is recycled to death and contrived. You can be interested without pretending it's original
Old 02-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

It confuses me why so many people don't like Cami?
Old 02-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I always ask me, but as everyone has their freedom to enjoy what you want, I do not care because I know that there are so many who do not like her, but it has so many others who love her (like me).
If each stay in his place enjoying what you like and not tormenting others with their hatred the world would be better, if you like it, enjoy it in peace.

The Rogue Prince
Old 02-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
We've all posted our reasons, and it'd confuse me if so many people liked her as well, so to each their own.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Because she's as interesting as watching paint dry... No wait, watching paint dry is way more interesting.

ยป Bella
Old 02-02-2016, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I've written essays worth of reasons, but to summarize:

1. She is one-dimensional and only exists to excuse Klaus' behavior

2. Her constant need to bring up her "degree" makes me want to punch her

3. I don't see her as leading lady material because I don't see the character compelling enough and for the writers to pretend otherwise hurts the story.

4. She has no chemistry with the other actors aside from Yusuf at times, but he mostly carries the scenes.

5. Everything she represents: her need to cure the darkness in people, etc. goes against everything I want for the originals. I want to see them explore the good, bad, and ugly of their lives. Not analyze it to death or drink alcohol to forget.

6. The pairing of Klaus and Camille irkes me to no end. It has nothing to do with other shipping preferences and everything to do with her making Klaus unbearable to watch now.

These are only a few points to my views on this character and her relationships. Again this is all my opinion and I would never force my views onto others, but I won't censor my opinion just because some people are offended when all I'm doing is discussing my issues with the current story and what the writers are doing with this character.