Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not saying my thinking is logical.

But if Bae was 13 when he got here he would adapt our rules and such wouldn't he? Even if he raised and educated himself, etc... He would surely know that at age 30 you wouldn't hook up with a 17 year old.

I can't explain why that bothers me more than say if the father is Robin Hood or the White Rabit or someone else who could go from world to world and be 100 years old. Maybe because they live by so many other rules they wouldn't care about ours?

Wish the writers would be more clear about the curse. I don't want them changing it as they go to fit a storyline. Like sending Bae over younger so he would match Emma's age or whatever.

As for Rumple and Belle? She at least knew about him going into the relationship. She may not know his exact age or all that he's done but she would have heard some of the stories. Whereas Emma I feel like would have been taken advantage of no matter how troubled she was. She had no idea she was getting involved with a FT character and an old one possibly at that. Now if she decides to get involved with Hook or reconnect with the father or whoever she'll have her eyes wide open to age and what they're known for. Good or bad.

Icon by Fiona

Last edited by Jamie Choate; 11-03-2012 at 01:56 PM
Old 11-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Choate (View Post)

But if Bae was 13 when he got here he would adapt our rules and such wouldn't he? Even if he raised and educated himself, etc... He would surely know that at age 30 you wouldn't hook up with a 17 year old.

I can't explain why that bothers me more than say if the father is Robin Hood or the White Rabit or someone else who could go from world to world and be 100 years old. Maybe because they live by so many other rules they wouldn't care about ours?

Wish the writers would be more clear about the curse. I don't want them changing it as they go to fit a storyline. Like sending Bae over younger so he would match Emma's age or whatever.
I know what you mean, and it IS totally illogical but I agree While I've already shipped couples with huge age gaps and 17 year old girls with 30 or so guys, I still do think that in Emma's context it would feel like he's using her rather than falling in love with her. And for some reasons the age gap would be less disturbing from a FTL character (who hasn't aged, a bit like how it worked for Rumple) because age doesn't even matter anymore at this point (I mean that when a character is meant to be a 100th or 300th year old, you don't really count anymore how old he is ) it's totally illogical and weird but I agree with you

Yeah, I still don't like the idea of Bae being Henry's father, I still don't think it makes sense that Bae was exactly the good age to get it on with Emma and met her on some weird coincidence... I just think it's a bit too much.
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 11-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Archie and Regina spoiler
Quote:
Though Archie is not a part of this week’s episode, Sbarge revealed that future episodes will include a lot more of the Archie-Regina (Lana Parrilla) relationship. The Evil Queen’s therapy sessions have only just begun. “He’s trying to find that crack in the door to try to get her to understand how she uses magic and try and get her to think twice about that,” he says. “There is more of this kind of relationship with Archie and Regina… There’s a whole bunch of stuff that’s going to happen and how it impacts my relationship with Henry. ”
http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/...aphael-sbarge/
Old 11-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverlight (View Post)
Thank you! I just love this.

Mainly because it means whatever the spoiler say about episode 8 and 9, Regina is NOT just going to be evil again (at least not without a good reason). I'll go with Koda and say it is much more about keeping Cora and Hook away from Storybrook than about endangering Emma and Snow.

And I just love the Archie/Regina dynamic. This is Regina finally growing up, with someone caring enough about her to teach her something else than just destruction and power.

"True Love - the most powerful magic of them all. It creates happiness."
Old 11-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Total Fan

Well if Neal is Bae I don't think Adam & Eddy are really thinking much about any age difference since they hired an actor who is only two years older than Jen. I really think Neal is supposed to be mid-thirties now like August is *shrugs*

Harry x Ginny | Snow x Charming | Neal x Emma | Castle x Beckett | Clark x Lois
Tumblr
Old 11-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
wow... Regina/Archie...
I think Archie would be the ideal man to pair with Regina.
He is consciousness. Right?
Regina was a good person, before becoming the Evil Queen. Maybe he helps Regina to be this good person that was before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike75 (View Post)

And I just love the Archie/Regina dynamic. This is Regina finally growing up, with someone caring enough about her to teach her something else than just destruction and power.

Maybe Regina discover that after all her 'true love' is Archie... romance ...or ...friendship I'll ship it!

Last edited by lovebird; 11-03-2012 at 03:18 PM
Old 11-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Regina's true love is Daniel.
I like Archie and Regina very much. But not as a romantic pair. I think they can be friends if Regina can learn to trust.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

I would prefer them to stay in the patient/therapist-relationship and that, for me, excludes any romantic involvement. But I want them to be friends, I want Archie trying to convince Henry to give Regina at least a chance and I want Regina to hesitate the next time she is throwing people through the air when it comes to the "little bug".

"True Love - the most powerful magic of them all. It creates happiness."
Old 11-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm almost sure that other men will pass on Regina's life. If it is to be another villain, I prefer Archie.
I loved to hate Regina and Rumpel. But now emerged Hook, Cora again...Beginning to be too many villains in OUaT ...
Will all villains redeem themselves? All they have killed many people....

Last edited by lovebird; 11-03-2012 at 03:38 PM
Old 11-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike75 (View Post)
I would prefer them to stay in the patient/therapist-relationship and that, for me, excludes any romantic involvement. But I want them to be friends, I want Archie trying to convince Henry to give Regina at least a chance and I want Regina to hesitate the next time she is throwing people through the air when it comes to the "little bug".
I agree. I love Archie and pretty much everything that means we'll get to see more of him is fine with me, but I think what Regina needs more than anything else and most certainly more than a love interest is a true friend.

Apart from her relationship with Daniel, Regina probably doesn't have a whole damn lot of experience with people being interested in her without any ulterior motives and without hoping to get something from her in return. I mean, the scene in last week's episode when three men teamed up to mess with her for their own gain while pretending to help her spoke volumes. I'd like her to trust again, like Neverlight said, and that's most likely not going to happen when her therapist suddenly develops a romantic interest in her. Never mind that there is no way Regina is in any condition to consider a new relationship. She just lost her true love for the second time and is trying to win back her son's love. That's not even taking into consideration that she'll soon have to deal with mommy dearest again...

That being said, I really don't think Regina and Archie as more than therapist/patient or friends is an idea the writers are entertaining either. I like the way Rapael described Archie's way of approaching Regina and what he sees in her, what he hopes to achieve through their therapy sessions. And I'm glad we'll see more of said sessions. God knows Regina needs them.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 11-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

omg Archie/Regina spoiler I would totally be for a romance for them, ngl
Old 11-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I don't think this spoiler alludes to a Regina/Archie romantic relationship. I think Sbarge made the mistake of using the word "relationship" and now that has everyone all excited about it. I think he is just referring to the fact that he is Regina's therapist now and that changes their dynamic and we'll be seeing more of that this season.

I am interested to see how that will affect his relationship with Henry though. Archie cares so much about Henry so I'm interested to see what he will be advising Henry to do about his two battling moms now that everything is out in the open.

Last edited by koodles; 11-03-2012 at 05:25 PM
Old 11-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Elite Fan

I can't think of any guy in SB or FTL who doesn't hate Regina. Archie seems to be the only one willing to give her a chance to redeem herself.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Dp
Old 11-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Choate (View Post)

We still don't know what age Bae would be. Other than knowing Rumple had some way of getting to our world while Bae was still alive (we assume), we don't have any idea what age Bae could be - except that Gold could believe August was Bae. Given what he said to Archie, he may not know how old his son would be either.

But, I'm wondering about the idea that, if Neal is Bae, he got the message from the Blue Fairy. A dove delivering a message does seem a bit more her style.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread