Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Choate (View Post)
It will be interesting to see how old Bae is. Remember when Rumple thought August might be him? It seems Rumple might not even know how old he could be?
Yes, and I guess Rumpels also didn't know the "where" Bae would land, since he was making plans to travel the world in search of him. He was only able to determine the approximate time and place of Bae's arrival in our un-magical land.

Quote:
The other thing being that I still don't see why if Bae traveled through space and time he would have got to our world at exactly the same time Emma did ..
Maybe I missed something, but why do you think Bae arrived at the same time as Emma?
Old 11-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus (View Post)
Does magic make people in Neverland young forever? I doubt it. Technically, I think magic has only two sources in Once's universe, one is given by Blue Fairy, and the other is given by the Dark One (both Cora and Regina were his apprentices). If neither BF, Rumple, Cora nor Regina had been to Neverland before, magic shouldn't exist there.
I think I remember that you can get to Neverland thru a portal from Jefferson's hat and Jefferson confirmed that you can only go through "magical" realms through his hat. That's why Rumple couldn't use Jefferson to get to Bae.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
That's what I think too

It doesn't make sense to me that he came at the exact same time that Emma did (except if Rumple knew the portal would bring Bae back at the same time Regina enacted the curse but I don't see how he could have known...)
Hey guys, remember that Rumple said he crossed "time" and "space" to find Bae (he said it to August when he thought he was Bae). So that magic bean allowed Bae to cross time and space. Rumple's curse brought him to the exact time and "space"(earth) that Bae was in. Meaning, Bae is now whatever age he was when he crossed plus 28 years of frozen storybrooke time. Emma crossed right before the cuse hit and so is also 28 years.

Bae's age: probably around 40
Old 11-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure I trust the blue fairy. She crossed the Charming's so who's to say she wouldn't do the same with Bae?

Icon by Fiona
Old 11-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ I always wondered if BF had her own agenda.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesstarr (View Post)
Hey guys, remember that Rumple said he crossed "time" and "space" to find Bae (he said it to August when he thought he was Bae). So that magic bean allowed Bae to cross time and space. Rumple's curse brought him to the exact time and "space"(earth) that Bae was in. Meaning, Bae is now whatever age he was when he crossed plus 28 years of frozen storybrooke time. Emma crossed right before the cuse hit and so is also 28 years.

That makes sense. But now more than ever I wouldn't want Bae to be Henry's father. That means he would have been 29-30 when he met Emma at 17 correct? I know that happens in real life but that's just icky to me.

Icon by Fiona
Old 11-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesstarr (View Post)

now that you said that, it convinced me he could be Neal.

Dayumm, bring on Sunday, I cant wait any longer
Old 11-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
The other thing being that I still don't see why if Bae traveled through space and time he would have got to our world at exactly the same time Emma did, except if the Blue Fairy planned it all, but I doubt it.
That's it though: I don't think *Bae* landed at the exact same time Emma did. I think *Emma* landed at the same time Bae did, because that's how Rumple designed the curse. The curse was designed to find Bae, and Rumple is convinced Bae is out there in the world, not Neverland - so unless they want to tell us that Rumple spent 300 years planning and then didn't even bother to check if he was going to the right world, I'd say Bae has to be here

Quote:
I'm not sure I trust the blue fairy. She crossed the Charming's so who's to say she wouldn't do the same with Bae?
I don't think she really crossed the Charmings, yeah she lied to them but her intentions were to help them. If it weren't, she would have used the tree and saved herself, and eff anyone else.

BTW, there's a mistake in the title - ONE instead of Once can that be fixed?
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 11-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Total Fan

(Credit for cap: cinnamonhummingbird)
I think it's a dead cert he'd be back anyway since he appeared in Broken and got that postcard.

Harry x Ginny | Snow x Charming | Neal x Emma | Castle x Beckett | Clark x Lois
Tumblr
Old 11-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)

Maybe I missed something, but why do you think Bae arrived at the same time as Emma?
Because a lot of people are assuming he's around August's age and that he IS Henry's father... If it was the case then it would mean Bae arrived approximitavely the same time Emma did (with the curse) and knowing that he was 13 back then, then he would be: 41 by now

But to me it doesn't make sense that Rumple would know what time exactly Bae came to our world I don't see how he could have known that and even the BF didn't seem to know exactly when or where he went. I know Rumple knew a lot of things, and that he planned all that to get to "a world without magic" but I still don't think he knew for sure that he'll get to Bae when he'd be an adult...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenachan (View Post)
That's it though: I don't think *Bae* landed at the exact same time Emma did. I think *Emma* landed at the same time Bae did, because that's how Rumple designed the curse. The curse was designed to find Bae, and Rumple is convinced Bae is out there in the world, not Neverland - so unless they want to tell us that Rumple spent 300 years planning and then didn't even bother to check if he was going to the right world, I'd say Bae has to be here

BTW, there's a mistake in the title - ONE instead of Once can that be fixed?
Well... I would still need an explanation as to how Rumple knew the curse would bring him back to our world at the exact same time Bae did After all the Blue Fairy did tell him there was a curse, but she never told him the curse would allow him to cross "space" AND "time" like the bean did, so I don't see how Rumple would assume the curse would bring him to our world at the right time. Except if he had a magic mirror or something that would allow him to see Bae, but it doesn't seem so. I just think some things wouldn't make sense if it was the case

And you're right! I didn't even notice
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

Well maybe he just put a Bae seeking clause in the curse? He wrote it so the curse would go to Bae's time and place.
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 11-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

Happy to hear MRJ will be more involved this season. I think there's a lot of interesting storytelling to be had there.

I normally don't have a problem with age differences between a couple but am I the only one disturbed by the thought of a 30 year old Bae getting a 17 year old Emma pregnant? Assuming Bae is the father. Crap. I can't get that out of my head now.

It was also pointed out to me that Tallahassee was after Henry was born so maybe we'll get another Emma flashback episode in the future to explain why she spent 2 years there. Something had to be important there for her to stay 2 years.

Icon by Fiona
Old 11-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenachan (View Post)
Well maybe he just put a Bae seeking clause in the curse? He wrote it so the curse would go to Bae's time and place.
But why not come to our world 28 years before Bae came in then? That way once the curse would have been broken Rumple would have been able to see his son exactly at the same age as when he lost him?

Yeah, obviously the 30 old Bae thing with 17 Emma is kind of creepy ^^ That said, I guess whoever the father is, it'll be kind of creepy since he's meant to be a FTL character I think
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 11-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I normally don't have a problem with age differences between a couple but am I the only one disturbed by the thought of a 30 year old Bae getting a 17 year old Emma pregnant? Assuming Bae is the father. Crap. I can't get that out of my head now.
They can easily have him a little bit younger by the time and space thing. I don't know. I just know I'm shipping Neal and Emma so hard right now even if he's Bae or not.

Harry x Ginny | Snow x Charming | Neal x Emma | Castle x Beckett | Clark x Lois
Tumblr
Old 11-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
But why not come to our world 28 years before Bae came in then? That way once the curse would have been broken Rumple would have been able to see his son exactly at the same age as when he lost him?

Yeah, obviously the 30 old Bae thing with 17 Emma is kind of creepy ^^ That said, I guess whoever the father is, it'll be kind of creepy since he's meant to be a FTL character I think
I think you guys are taking this unverified age difference a little too seriously. Besides, Rumple is centuries older than Belle. We don't really know Bae's age in our world. Emma hooking up with a 30-year old man is not inconceivable given her troubled life and childhood. She was a thief after all and clearly in the wrong, though understandably young and foolish. Considering some of the Disney princesses are 16 or so when they meet their prince and get married, I think the age above 16 is not too bad as far as fairy tales go, although certainly not good in real life.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread