Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2004, 01:50 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowRose:
<STRONG>Is Cynthia the name of the woman Dan has an affair with? Or was that Carrie?

:-)</STRONG>
Two different women.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I sure hope Cynthia is a cut-throat attorney! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2004, 02:09 PM
New Fan

ya not sure how haley can be failing gym unless they grading on her actull skill witch is really unfair.

or maybe they had to make up a game or something cuz in my grm class we had a unit where you had to make up a game. mind you we also had test on the games we played. i donno [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2004, 03:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

When Nathan goes to the hospital and Lucas is asleep, I hope he and Karen have a heart to heart discussion. Nathan has never really spoken to her to understand her perspective. I think he thinks of her as some pathetic castoff of his father's. I would love for Karen to change his preconceived notions in a positive way. It would cast further doubt on Nathan's trust and belief in his father.

Sooner or later there's an end to this candle; we'll burn it at both ends then switch on the lights! - Ballad of Nice and Easy, Gomez
Old 01-30-2004, 03:54 PM
Loyal Fan

I think maybe they're using the term 'failing' liberally. Maybe she's getting a c or d and wants to improve on that. It sucks when a gym class brings down your gpa. Otherwise, I don't know how you can fail unless you don't go.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Extreme Fan

I had a friend who failed gym. It is possible. She couldn't keep up with everyone. Maybe Haley isn't "failing gym" maybe she's getting a lower grade then people of her status *aka tutors* would normally get?

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited JakesBabyGurl ]
Old 01-30-2004, 06:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

how does on fail gym? all there is participation and tests to see if you know the terms and the rules of the game.
Old 01-30-2004, 06:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JakesBabyGurl:
<STRONG>I had a friend who failed gym. It is possible. She couldn't keep up with everyone. Maybe Haley isn't "failing gym" maybe she's getting a lower grade then people of her status *aka tutors* would normally get?</STRONG>
Good point Cecilia, guess we have to remember that Haley is one of those "high achievers" and she probably has a good GPA, so one lower grade can affect that. My niece had a 4.0 all thru HS but in her senior year got one B and that kept her from being valedictorian.

Tammy

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by carsonb:
<STRONG>I think maybe they're using the term 'failing' liberally. Maybe she's getting a c or d and wants to improve on that. It sucks when a gym class brings down your gpa. Otherwise, I don't know how you can fail unless you don't go.</STRONG>
I know someone who actually lost their 4.0 because they got a C in gym. Failing means different things to different people. And since gym is a coordination thing (and they've shown Haley being kind of klutzy in the first ep) maybe she's just not made for sports.

My high school gym class was run by an evil troll who made us run for an hour. And in college, I got a B in softball, despite being an MVP all state in high school. Between written tests, endurance tests, and skill tests, failing can be done...
Old 01-30-2004, 09:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

This was posted by Fraz on the Fanbolt forum, sorry if it was already posted...
Quote:
Tuesday, Feb 17 - (9:00 - 10:00 pm ET)
"I Shall Believe" TV-PG, L
LUCAS FIGHTS FOR HIS LIFE While holding a vigil at Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) bedside as he lays in a coma, Karen (Moira Kelly) meets her sons new girlfriend (Sophia Bush) and learns from Deb (Barbara Alyn Woods) that she is divorcing Dan (Paul Johansson). Most shocking of all, Karen is horrified to discover that Keith (Craig Sheffer) was drinking while driving at the time of the accident. Meanwhile, Nathan (James Lafferty) tries to win Haley (Bethany Joy Lenz) back after she dumps him. Hilarie Burton and Barry Corbin also star. Greg Prange directed the episode written by Jennifer Cecil

Ok Haley DUMPS him? I thought they were just fighting, I need clarification. NOOOOO hopefully she doesn't dump him and they are just fighting [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited sprinkle13181 ]
Old 01-30-2004, 09:39 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't like the Haley dumping Nathan thing at all. Hopefully it won't last long.

But I just can't believe that Keith was driving drunk. There is going to be some really interesting fallout from this episode.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Whoa this is gettin' serious if they're using the wording "she dumps him".

Of course we've just had a discussion about the wording "failing gym", so who knows what it could mean????

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:54 PM
Passionate Fan

I better get those tissues ready...

Keith was drinking? Wow. I wasn't expecting that. I guess that'll be the whole obstacle for Karen/Keith. Karen will obviously be angry, regretful words will be said.

Naley breaking up? Why would The WB do something as stupid as that? I hope Haley just dumps him because she's feeling emotional and all rational thoughts are out the window. But then perhaps at the end of the episode, she breaks down, Nathan comforts her, and all is well.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

Okay I'm not liking this whole Haley dumps Nathan thing but I'm going to stay positive because I'm sure that Nathan will find a way to win Haley back. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Kieth drinking while driving is defintely a twist, I can't wait to see Karens reaction when she finds this out.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:35 PM
New Fan

hi,
just read the spoiler about Haley "dumping" nathan. I dont like it, but i think i could be ok with it because, i mean, they cant be apart for long. I would be ok if she "dumped" him and then in the next ep she asks him for help in gym and they got back together. I dont know, something like that.

and i know we have already been over this, but about the gym class, i know that at my hs the gym teacher made us run and we got a letter grade for the time we got. If our time was fast we got an a and so forth. But im still wondering how he could possibly tutor her in gym. ok, well, i guess we will see.
michelle
Old 01-30-2004, 10:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Well, the people on the angsty people on the N/H thread are going to get what they want after all. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I'm not very happy about this. I'm just hoping it doesn't stick, because it looks like Brooke and Lucas are still together (even after he cheated on her). &lt;shakes head&gt;

It had to happen sooner or later, I guess. &lt;shakes head&gt;