Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

So those two are Grumpy and Cinderella. And we know about Robin Hood. Really hoping we get some solid confirmation that Barbara Hershey is returning, as I would love to see Corra again. Hoping to see a few more familiar faces still, while new ones are also introduced.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:07 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Thanks.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Interesting. So Robin Hood is in episode 3. Nice to see the Knave actually has a name.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Adam has apparently forgotten OUATinWL for title spoilers. The next ones, if true, are from IMDB:

1x04 - "The Serpent"
1x05 - "Heart of Stone"

Source: Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (TV Series 2013– ) - Episodes - IMDb

Also, Anthony Keyvan, who played Young Sayid in LOST, will apparently be Young Jafar:

Source: Instagram

Thanks to poster Kranen from OncePodcast forums for digging up the information.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Promo for 1x02 - Trust Me:

Promotional and BTS Pictures for 1x03 - Forget Me Not:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/10/onc...sode_2603.html

Last edited by Demileto; 10-10-2013 at 06:46 PM
Old 10-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the links!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkel567 (View Post)
So those two are Grumpy and Cinderella. And we know about Robin Hood. Really hoping we get some solid confirmation that Barbara Hershey is returning, as I would love to see Corra again. Hoping to see a few more familiar faces still, while new ones are also introduced.
I'm pretty sure it's a foregone conclusion at this point that we'll see Barbara Hershey's Cora; it's just a matter of how and when.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 10-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

I hope the ratings for the show go up next week, premiered low with a 1.7. I wasn't as enthralled by the pilot as I was with Once's but I thought it was good. I want to see more of this show, at least air the whole 13 episodes.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 10-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

1.7? Wow, what a bummer.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the latest!

Quote:
Loving Jafar on Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. But what is he really after? —Amanda

NATALIE: "Jafar is not evil for evil's sake," executive producer Adam Horowitz tells us. "His actions come out of a deep pain that we plan to reveal. And to soothe that pain he's going to have to change the laws of magic, [which] will affect everyone in Wonderland." Remember those pesky laws of magic, like you can't bring someone back from the dead and you can't make someone love you? Yeah, we're guessing that Jafar is interested in those two in particular.
Latest from TV Guide - Various Shows - 15th October 2013 | Spoilers
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 10-16-2013, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for bring that over!
Old 10-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Ugh, I know from reading interviews that the Knave and Alice aren't supposed to have any romantic sparks, so WHHHHYY must I always like characters together that aren't meant to be together?! I prefer Knave/Alice to Cyrus/Alice!!! Oh, I frustrate myself...

Anyone have any info on Knave's Anastasia? Is she dead?

1X03 Promo

~Katie~

Last edited by Red Dragon; 10-17-2013 at 08:23 PM
Old 10-19-2013, 12:05 AM
Passionate Fan

OK, I was kind of lukewarm on the first episode, but the third one really grabbed me. It's a pity the ratings were down. The weaknesses of the first one (I don't think the suspense was really there, it took a while to get going, dangers like the Mallow Marsh were a little too cutesy, and the Red Queen was too weak) were cleared up.

The Red Queen still isn't as strong as she could be, but she understands being a competent ruler (her subjects actually bring real difficulties to her and expect her to fix them, how many evil rulers ever get that?) and lying to Jafar about the bottle while she gets it was a pretty good move. Right now, I'm pretending I believe this really gives her a better balance of power with Jafar, but I'm also beginning to believe the writers will make it more convincing.

Alice has real problems with the Genie (rescuing him from an evil wizard is a standard sort of quest, potentially entertaining but not the same as suspenseful). We know the three wishes will be used--which will cost her Cyrus. We know something has to change so she can be with Cyrus, yet the only way that seems obvious--freeing the Genie--has been blocked as always ending in disaster (which is what happened when it was tried on Once).

There are also the things Alice says about her father. Yes, she has issues, but he didn't start out as an evil father. While I don't approve of his locking Alice up, he lost the wife he loved and the pain of that spilled over to his relationship with his daughter. His stated reason for how he treats her is because of what she says about Wonderland. His real reason seems to be that he thought she was dead--he relived all the loss he went through when he lost her mother. That's why we didn't see him being overjoyed when his supposedly dead daughter showed up alive again.

He's like someone with PTSD, say, from a war zone, who manages to adapt to life back home by treating peacetime as a different world, nothing "like that" can happen here. Breaking that belief, even if things turn out all right, destroys his ability to cope. He believed he had his daughter protected after he lost her mother. When that turned out to be false, his ability to cope was destroyed. If Alice had been able to give him a story that rebuilt his sense of security--that let him know she was alive because his world really was safe and secure--he'd have coped. Instead, if he had believed her story, he would have had to believe the world was inherently insane and unsafe. Where's the illusion of safety when a little girl seeing a furry rabbit in the garden can lead to her facing all sorts of terrors and nearly getting her head cut off? The harder Alice pushed for him to believe her, the harder he pushed to prove it was false.

Moving on to lighter things in this show--

The Mimsy Meadows and the Tumtum tree tie into the books, which is good even if the names are a bit cutesy, but the Mock Turtle was reasonably imposing.

I'm also interested in what the Knave did. We know he literally lost his heart at one point. A lot of the trouble he caused may have happened while he was in this state. However, other things clearly happened after Alice left (or the consequences started to catch up with him after she left, I suppose). We don't know what happened to his heart. Cora's a good bet, but it sounds like Anastasia had something to do with it, too. Also, you'd think stolen hearts would be an understood problem in WL, but no one but Alice and the Knave seem to know it happened.

If names are an indicator, could Anastasia be connected to the historical Anastasia? Is she dead? Does he blame himself for her death?

As for Jafar, I'm guessing he wants to change the laws of magic so he can change the past, bring someone back from the dead, and make her fall in love with him.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:57 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
Anyone have any info on Knave's Anastasia? Is she dead?

1X03 Promo
Yup, that's what I would love to know, too! Do we know anything about her or which actress is going to play her?