Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Once Upon A Time in Wonderland S&S #2: "I have very special plans for her."

From the creative minds that introduced audiences to ABC's "Once Upon a Time," Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz ("Lost," "Tron: Legacy"), and Zack Estrin ("The River") comes a fantastical, epic adventure that offers an exciting new twist on the classic "Alice in Wonderland" story. "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" will take you through the looking glass in a modern take on a beloved fable that's brimming with wonder, magic and unspeakable danger.

In Victorian England, young and beautiful Alice (Sophie Lowe) tells an impossible tale of a strange new land that exists on the other side of a rabbit hole. An invisible cat, a hookah-smoking caterpillar and playing cards that can talk are just some of the fantastic things she's seen during her adventure. Surely this troubled girl must be insane. Her doctors intend to cure her with a treatment that will make her forget -- everything. Alice seems ready to put it all behind her, especially the painful memory of the genie she fell in love with and lost forever, the handsome and mysterious Cyrus (Peter Gadiot). But in her heart Alice knows this world is real, and just in the nick of time the sardonic Knave of Hearts (Michael Socha) and the irrepressible White Rabbit (John Lithgow) arrive to save her from her fate. Together the trio will take a tumble down the rabbit hole to a Wonderland where nothing is impossible.

"Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" stars Sophie Lowe ("Beautiful Kate") as Alice, Michael Socha ("This Is England") as The Knave of Hearts, Peter Gadiot ("The Forbidden Girl") as Cyrus, Emma Rigby ("Prisoners Wives") as The Red Queen, with Naveen Andrews ("Lost") as Jafar and John Lithgow ("3rd Rock from the Sun") as the voice of The White Rabbit.

"Once Upon a Time in Wonderland" is executive-produced by Edward Kitsis ("Once Upon a Time"), Adam Horowitz ("Once Upon a Time"), Steve Pearlman ("Once Upon a Time") and Zack Estrin ("The River"). The pilot was directed by Ralph Hemecker.

Cast
Sophie Lowe as Alice
Peter Gadiot as Cyrus
Michael Socha as Knave of Hearts
Emma Rigby as The Red Queen
Naveen Andrews as Jafar
John Lithgow as The White Rabbit

Crew
Edward Kitsis, Executive Producer/Writer
Adam Horowitz, Executive Producer/Writer
Steve Perlman, Executive Producer
Zack Estrin, Executive Producer
Jane Espenson, Consulting Producer

Upcoming Episodes

1.04 - The Serpent

HOW FAR IS JAFAR WILLING TO GO TO GET WHAT HE TRULY WANTS AND WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR ALICE TO STOP HIM, ON ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME IN WONDERLAND”

“The Serpent” – When the Knave’s life is in danger, Alice has to make the tough decision on whether to use one of her three precious wishes and what that would mean for her and Cyrus. Her new friendship with Lizard reveals some of the Knave’s backstory and Cyrus plots to escape. Meanwhile, Jafar’s plan to kill the Knave puts the Red Queen in a difficult position as she grapples with her feelings for him and her desire to get what she wants. In flashback, we explore Jafar’s origins and find out what he truly wants from Cyrus, on “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland,” THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 7 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time in Wonderland” stars Sophie Lowe as Alice, Michael Socha as Knave of Hearts, Peter Gadiot as Cyrus, Emma Rigby as The Red Queen with Naveen Andrews as Jafar and John Lithgow as the voice of the White Rabbit.

“The Serpent” guest stars include Lauren McKnight as Lizard, Zuleikha Robinson as Amara, Matty Finochio as Tweedle #1, Ben Cotton as Tweedle #2, Brian George as Old Prisoner, Hugo Steele as Orang, Haroon Khan as Blacksmith, Anthony Keyvan as Young Jafar, Cedric De Souza as Akil, Marco Soriano as Gerard, Kevin Blatch as Executioner, Danny Wattley as Jafar’s Servant, Alicia Thorgrimmsson as Citizen, Peter Hall as Peasant, Forbes Angus as Villager and Christian Bower as Drunken Guard.

“The Serpent” was written by Jan Nash and directed by Ralph Hemecker.

• For Once Upon A Time in Wonderland episode 1.04, the recurring role of Liz/Lizard is being cast. She's a 25-year-old adorable tomboy.
    Also, the guest role of Amara, a powerful and beautiful sorceress from Agrabah. {Source}
  • I'm so excited for Once Upon a Time in Wonderland! — Marcus
    NATALIE: Join the club! I've learned that My Super Psycho Sweet 16's Lauren McKnight has landed a potentially recurring arc as Elizabeth, a native of Wonderland who finds herself entangled in Alice's quest. Word on the street is that Elizabeth is also known as The Lizard, but it's unclear whether there's a connection to this lizard. {Source}

1.05 - Heart of Stone

WILL SCARLET AND ANASTASIA JUMP THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS IN SEARCH OF A NEW LIFE THAT LEADS TO AN ALTERING DECISION, WHILE CYRUS EXECUTES HIS ESCAPE FROM JAFAR’S CASTLE, ON ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME IN WONDERLAND”

“Heart of Stone” – In a flashback, Will Scarlet and Anastasia jump through the looking glass to enter Wonderland against her mother’s wishes, since she disapproves of Will. They both soon realize that life in Wonderland isn’t exactly what they had both imagined. After being humiliated while attending a ball at the palace, Ana convinces Will to steal the crown jewels in order to get them out of poverty, but in an instant, Ana is caught red handed by the King who makes her a proposition she can’t refuse – to marry him and be his Queen to avoid prosecution. Meanwhile, in current Wonderland, the Red Queen convinces Alice to help her acquire magic dust in exchange for information about Cyrus, who in turn has managed to skillfully escape Jafar’s castle leaving the White Rabbit in a compromising situation, on “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland,” THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 14 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time in Wonderland” stars Sophie Lowe as Alice, Michael Socha as Knave of Hearts, Peter Gadiot as Cyrus, Emma Rigby as The Red Queen with Naveen Andrews as Jafar and John Lithgow as the voice of the White Rabbit.
“Heart of Stone” guest stars include Hugo Steele as Orang, Brian George as Old Prisoner, Matty Finochio as Tweedle #1 and Ben Cotton as Tweedle #2.

“Heart of Stone” was written by Katie Wech and directed by Paul Edwards.

• For Once Upon a Time in Wonderland episode 1.05, the guest role of "King" is being cast. He's about 50, handsome, clever, and has a British accent.
    Also, the guest role of "Mother/Woman" is being cast. She's 50, was once beautiful, has a daughter who disappoints her, and has a British accent. {Source}

1.06 -

1.07 -

1.08 -

1.09 -

1.10 -

1.11 -

1.12 -

1.13 -

Casting & Guest Stars

Set Pictures & Videos

Magazines & Press

Season One Spoilers
  • Once Upon a Time's Wonderland Spinoff Scoop: ABC Is Looking for Its Alice and More New Characters!
  • Eddy Kitsis & Adam Horowitz’s ‘Once Upon A Time’ Spinoff Set In Wonderland Takes Shape, Zack Estrin & Jane Espenson Join
  • ABC’s ‘Once Upon A Time’ Spinoff Casts Alice, Gets Title
  • Emma Rigby Cast In ABC’s ‘Once Upon A Time’ Spinoff As Red Queen
  • Once Upon a Time Spin-Off Scoop: Queen of Hearts Cora May Reign Alongside Red Queen
  • 'Once Upon A Time In Wonderland' Spinoff Picked Up By ABC
  • Fall TV Scoop: ABC Travels to Wonderland With Once Upon a Time Spin-Off
  • ABC Fall 2013/14 Schedule
  • Fall TV First Look: Alice Travels to Wonderland, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Suit Up
  • 'Once Upon a Time' to crossover with 'Wonderland' spin-off
  • Did I see mermaids in that OUAT in Wonderland trailer? AMAZING! Any chance we’ll see THE most important mermaid Ariel next season?? — Holli
    It’s up in the air according to EPs Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. “Obviously Neverland brings up mermaids and it brings up fairies,” says Kitsis. “We have ideas for Ariel. When we introduce her is up in the air because we’re still figuring out what we want to do. There’s a possibility we’ll see her.” Horowitz adds that she’s “one of our favorite characters” and “if and when we do it, we just want to make sure we do it right.” One thing you can count on? Her story will very much follow the Once model — surprises on top of surprises. “The thing that we love to do and that we will continue to do is, we do love to be able to say, here’s the backstory of an iconic character, but it’s not what you think,” Kitsis says. “So for Beauty and the Beast, we realized the beast was Rumpelstiltskin. And we realized Bae was with the Darlings, and that Red Riding Hood was the wolf. We still want to be able to show you our versions of things, and of course Ariel is at the top of the list.” Meanwhile: Seen this?{Source}
  • How does Wonderland fit into the world of Once Upon a Time? — Betty
    NATALIE: Let us take a look back to what executive producer Edward Kitsis told reporters before the show was picked up to series: "Wonderland takes place post-curse, so the pilot actually starts when magic comes and the Wraith happens." Note the Wraith, because that's very important to where the spin-off actually picks up, with fans seeing a different character's point of view that won't make you angry. Also look for the spin-off to feature other lands in a mash-up style similar to Once that may make you question who a past character really was. {Source}
  • What can you tell us about ABC's new Once Upon a Time spinoff, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland? — Emily, Provo, Utah
    Some familiar Once characters will likely be crossing over into the new world. "I want to hang out with the caterpillar," says Josh Dallas (Charming). "You know, have some tea, have some mushrooms." Emilie de Ravin, whose Belle remains in Storybrooke while her friends are in Neverland, may also be given a ticket to Wonderland. "I'm totally intrigued," says de Ravin, who confirms she remains signed as a series regular to the original show. De Ravin just so happens to top the wish list of Sophie Lowe, who plays Wonderland's Alice. "I love Beauty and the Beast so much I named my cat Belle," Lowe says.

Of course, there will also be new characters. "I've heard rumors that we're going to bring in another very famous male Disney villain who hasn't yet been seen in the Once world," says Peter Gadiot (Cyrus). "He's not from Wonderland but shares a tie to my character." Considering Cyrus is a genie, Gadiot must be talking about Aladdin baddie Jafar. Give that man a flying carpet! {Source}
  • 'Once Upon a Time in Wonderland' gets more episodes | Inside TV | EW.com
  • McKenna in Providence: I'm intrigued by Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, but who is that girl that plays Alice? I've never seen her before.
    Woah, now! That girl is a lovely Australian actress known as Sophie Lowe, and she's enchantingly talented. We'll let you in on a little secret: There's a reason that you probably don't recognize her. Wonderland executive producer Zack Estrin says that they really wanted their cast to be filled with a lot of low-profile actors and actresses, so you fans wouldn't be distracted from the story. "It's kind of like the indie film version of Wonderland. Our faces are fresh and you're coming in and you aren't saying, 'Oh look there's Buffy as Alice!' Sophie is amazing our cast is great and we're really excited." Plus audiences will fall in love with Lowe's kickass interpretation of Alice. Estrin reveals, "Any girl that went down the rabbit hole and had that kind of guts is going to grow up to be a pretty amazing woman." We already love her! {Source}
  • D23 Expo: ABC Debuts New 'Once Upon a Time' Season 3 Premiere Clip
  • We all know why Regina hates Snow White on the original Once.
    So, what exactly is the Red Queen's beef with Alice?

Emma Rigby, who plays "the boss of Wonderland" (as she puts it), assures me that her revengenda-driven royal's beef with Alice is indeed "large. Huge, even" -- but viewers will have to sit tight for the deets. "That's what we're going to discover throughout the series," she explains, adding only: "The writers want to make it like a sisterly rivalry." {Source}
  • Wonderland Bosses Talk Pilot’s ‘Missing’ Scenes, Solve Scheduling Mystery, Share Mad Hatter Plan - TVLine
  • ‘Once Upon a Time in Wonderland’ Comic-Con — Season 1 Spoilers - TVLine
  • Once Upon a Time in Wonderland Casts Lost's Naveen Andrews as Iconic Disney Villain | E! Online
  • Are we going to see any familiar faces on Once Upon a Time in Wonderland? — Carrie
    NATALIE: As I revealed in the most recent Lightning Round, the producers have promised that you will see some Once characters crossing over into the world of Wonderland. I've watched the entire first episode, and I can tell you that you'll see two right away! My only hint is that one of them is someone who Once fans have been dying to see again. {Source}
  • Loving Jafar on Once Upon a Time in Wonderland. But what is he really after? —Amanda
    NATALIE: "Jafar is not evil for evil's sake," executive producer Adam Horowitz tells us. "His actions come out of a deep pain that we plan to reveal. And to soothe that pain he's going to have to change the laws of magic, [which] will affect everyone in Wonderland." Remember those pesky laws of magic, like you can't bring someone back from the dead and you can't make someone love you? Yeah, we're guessing that Jafar is interested in those two in particular. {Source}

Other Spoilers

Past Thread

http://www.fanforum.com/f15/once-upo...land-63094188/

Header art made by MaybeLove.

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 10-29-2013 at 04:58 PM
Old 09-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Tftnt!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 09-16-2013, 10:43 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 09-17-2013, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome guys!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:53 AM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting the new thread, Tara.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:00 AM
Master Fan

Tftnt!

I'm excited for Jafar and to see what plans he has for Alice. Best vilain EVER! Now they just need to bring Iago.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 09-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.

Quote:
BACK FROM WONDERLAND EVERYONE ASSUMES ALICE IS MAD, BUT SHE IS DRAWN BACK DOWN THE RABBITHOLE BY EMBARKING ON A BRAND NEW JOURNEY ON ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME IN WONDERLAND"

From the creative minds that introduced audiences to ABC's "Once Upon a Time" Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz ("Lost," "Tron: Legacy") and Zack Estrin ("The River") bring a fantastical, epic adventure to life with an exciting new twist on the classic Alice In Wonderland story. Make a very important date to step through the looking glass for a modern take on a beloved fable brimming with wonder, magic and unspeakable danger.

In the series premiere episode, "Down the Rabbit Hole," Alice returns home to her father telling her that everyone thought she was dead. Her imaginative stories about a talking White Rabbit and a mystical place called Wonderland end up getting her admitted into an asylum where Dr. Lydgate convinces her to have a procedure that will allow her to forget her pain. Right before the operation is set to take place she is rescued by the Knave of Hearts who takes her to the rabbit who informs her that her true love Cyrus is still alive. As the trio then jumps into the portal returning to Wonderland, Alice sets out on a quest to find him but the villainous Jafar and the Red Queen have other plans for her, on "Once Upon a Time In Wonderland," THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time In Wonderland" stars Sophie Lowe as Alice, Michael Socha as Knave of Hearts, Peter Gadiot as Cyrus, Emma Rigby as The Red Queen with Naveen Andrews as Jafar and John Lithgow as the voice of the White Rabbit.

"Once Upon a Time In Wonderland" is executive produced by Edward Kitsis ("Once Upon A Time"), Adam Horowitz ("Once Upon A Time"), Steve Pearlman ("Once Upon A Time") and Zack Estrin ("The River"). "Once Upon a Time In Wonderland" is produced by ABC Studios.

Guest starring are Jonny Coyne as Dr. Lydgate, Iggy Pop as the voice of the Caterpillar, Jessy Schram as Ashley Boyd/Cinderella and Lee Arenberg as Leroy/Grumpy, Millie Brown as Young Alice, Shaun Smyth as Alice's father, Matty Finochio as Tweedledee, Ben Cotton as Tweedledum, Ryan Elm as Doctor, Michael Q. Adams as Doctor #2 and Keith David as the voice of the Cheshire Cat.

"Down the Rabbit Hole" was written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz, Zack Estrin, Jane Espenson and directed by Ralph Hemecker.
Once Upon a Time In Wonderland - Episode 1.01 - Down the Rabbit Hole - Press Release | Spoilers
Old 09-23-2013, 12:11 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Thanks.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Did we know Tweedledee and Tweedledum were in this?
Old 09-23-2013, 07:04 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorkel567 (View Post)
Did we know Tweedledee and Tweedledum were in this?
So far not yet, but they should appear given it takes place in Wonderland.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 09-27-2013, 06:44 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
Thanks.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread