Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAU (View Post)
Poor Snow, I wonder what she's going to do in the woods.
Find August and talk about their mistakes?
Old 03-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Absolute Fan

4 sneak peeks and still no August?
Old 03-22-2013, 03:13 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Find August and talk about their mistakes?
I think she meets up with Gepetto with Emma first based on the other sneak peek. In the promo, they meet August inside in his wooden form.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taragenie (View Post)
It seems to me that more of this episode is going to focus on Snow and Emma/Neal/Tamara. I feel like the producers are finishing the August/Pinnochio story but as quickly as possible

I'm actually buying the rumors that Eion was dropped from the regular cast due to conflicts. I mean he really got the short end of the stick this season, appearing very briefly in Tallahassee and now the episode that's supposed to be about him will probably only feature him for half of the episode before they deage his character and get rid of any reason to bring Eion back again. It seems like they're only showing him for the minimum amount of time to finish his story.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Absolute Fan

Adam shut down those rumors about cast conflict. If it was true, he wouldn't have replied at all. I know the actress who plays Granny adores Eion, a while back she kept tweeting Eion and saying she missed him. MRJ and Eion looked to be having a blast int he set pics from yvr. I don't believe rumors without evidence, especially when the guy who said it was proven wrong because he said Eion would never be back and they would never wrap up his story. Raphael and now Meghan were dropped too, I don't think it has anything to do with their relationships with the cast, just that the writers didn't have big plans for their storylines.

I think ABC just wants to make sure all the core characters are in the sneak peeks for promo purposes and maybe they don't want to give too much about August away?

Hoping for a 5th sneak peek with him.

Last edited by taragenie; 03-22-2013 at 03:44 PM
Old 03-22-2013, 03:38 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
It seems to me that more of this episode is going to focus on Snow and Emma/Neal/Tamara. I feel like the producers are finishing the August/Pinnochio story but as quickly as possible

I'm actually buying the rumors that Eion was dropped from the regular cast due to conflicts. I mean he really got the short end of the stick this season, appearing very briefly in Tallahassee and now the episode that's supposed to be about him will probably only feature him for half of the episode before they deage his character and get rid of any reason to bring Eion back again. It seems like they're only showing him for the minimum amount of time to finish his story.
Yeah, I think there was a set pic of little Pinocchio and the Blue Fairy, so this episode will probably bring closure to his character.

Ruby and Whale both have been cast in other shows.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Adam shut down those rumors about cast conflict. If it was true, he wouldn't have replied at all. I know the actress who plays Granny adores Eion, a while back she kept tweeting Eion and saying she missed him. MRJ and Eion looked to be having a blast int he set pics from yvr. I don't believe rumors without evidence, especially when the guy who said it was proven wrong because he said Eion would never be back and they would never wrap up his story.
I've always understood August's abscense and his imminent de-aging as the writers admitting they lack ideas on how to give him a story that doesn't detract from the main arc. The show is clearly dominated by the ongoing conflict between Snow, Charming, Emma, Regina and Rumple and any story that doesn't play deeply into it suffers. It's the reason Archie was underused last season and Ruby in this one. Belle is in a slightly better place due to her love story with Rumple, but her lack of stronger relations with the other core characters means she's only a relevant character in episodes when they're about Rumple. Such is the way the writing of this show works.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't care about Tamara and not because of any romance with Neal and Emma. I like Emma and I like Neal. I don't see alot of romantic chemistry with Emma and anyone and I don't know about Neal yet. But I think they are going to be the "true love" couple. Again, I'm not a huge fan but I like them well enough.

I haven't seen much of Tamara but I don't think she's going to be a regular contract cast member and think she's probably doing to be a villain.
Why would you assume that? We don't know anything about Tamara or the writers' plans for her character.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Hook DID try to kill Belle in FTL. Belle would be dead if Regina hadn't stepped in at just the right moment. It just bugs me when some people pretend that didn't happen to try and make Hook look like a good guy. That counts as trying to kill her. Not that stripping an innocent woman of her agency is any better, but...
No one was referring to that. We all know that Belle would've been dead if it wasn't for Regina. But she's not and she'll most likely get her memories back. Plus, Belle's condition is not entirely hopeless, it's not final, which is why, imo, there is still hope for Hook and that's why I can still root for him.
And yeah, I don't think that Hook intended to kill Belle when he shot her, so what? That's how I've perceived it. It really puzzles me that that's so hard to accept.
I'm really getting tired of these redundant accusations. I'm not sugarcoating anything, I just like Hook, despite everything he's done. It doesn't really change anything if people keep telling me things I already know in order to prove how awful he is.

That's all I've got to say to this topic and this is the last time I'm engaging in a Hook debate.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:05 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demileto (View Post)
I've always understood August's abscense and his imminent de-aging as the writers admitting they lack ideas on how to give him a story that doesn't detract from the main arc. The show is clearly dominated by the ongoing conflict between Snow, Charming, Emma, Regina and Rumple and any story that doesn't play deeply into it suffers. It's the reason Archie was underused last season and Ruby in this one. Belle is in a slightly better place due to her love story with Rumple, but her lack of stronger relations with the other core characters means she's only a relevant character in episodes when they're about Rumple. Such is the way the writing of this show works.
I don't think there are cast conflicts as there are problems with writing for too many characters on the show, so many characters have to have some sort of closure in some way in order to focus on a core group of main characters, while the side characters are ultimately going to get much less screen time as a result.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Last edited by mute; 03-22-2013 at 05:27 PM
Old 03-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
But does it matter? Is Tamara even a big deal? I'm just not sure that we're supposed to like her or care all that much. She'll probably be gone early next year so I don't think it matters if people don't like her.
ITA. Also I have every right to dislike her or not care about her. Nobody cares about random love interests.

And she's shady. They said she has an agenda and she's hiding something. The promo made her look shady and all the promos have been incredible obvious about everything this season.
Also they said a new unexpected villain is coming so the new villain could be Tamara or Greg or both.
And I think she's a FTL character. Everything seems to be pointing that way and if she isn't a FTL character or HER I don't understand how she could have an agenda. A normal person wouldn't come to SB with some hidden plan.

Quote:
Yeah I think the game changer will be positive. From what we've heard of that Bae/Gold scene in 21, it sounds like their relationship took a turn for the worse, so if it changes in 22, that probably means it gets better.
I hope the game changer is positive. That would be refreshing but I'm sure their happiness would be ruined once Bae finds out about Milah

Quote:
The Canadian promo has a lot of August

Last edited by ring of fire; 03-22-2013 at 06:16 PM
Old 03-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Passionate Fan

On Tamara:

A while back, I was wondering if Greg was going to turn out to be a serial killer or something (come on, it was specifically mentioned he has pictures of food where other people have pictures of people they know. Think about it). But, that was wrong (at any rate, despite a traumatic childhood, there's nothing that seems like it would push him that way. If Regina had been the witch from Hansel and Gretel, I might wonder how he might react to that. But, she isn't and I don't).

So, I could be wrong on suspecting Tamara of too much evil, too.

But, I still suspect her.

And, if she turns out to be "a great cook," my alarm bells may start going off even louder (that one's a quip. Not serious. Unless she can't make up her mind between butter and gravy).

On Hook:

I get that some people see Swashbuckler-Hook where I see Skilled-But-Normal-Human-Hook (which also ties into our takes on his evilness or lack thereof).

Swashbucklers, I suppose, are allowed inhuman levels of accuracy with weapons that, technically, aren't capable of that kind of accuracy. It's like Wesley in The Princess Bride. I buy that Wesley can out-duel Inigo, out-fight Fezzik, and out-think Vinzini, not to mention recover from being mostly dead all day in record time. He could have made that shot in the dark.

In Normal Human Land, it's not unusual for a good handgun used by an experienced shooter to be four or even five inches off the target at 25 yards at a shooting range. That's under much better lighting--and that's the gun's accuracy limits, not the shooter's.

In the movie, Peter Pan, Hook had a sort of musket loaded pistol. They were used before the addition of the spiral inside rifles that gives the bullet a spin that helps keep it on course. Basically, even an expert marksman with machine precision wouldn't have known one of those guns couldn't be fired with anything like pinpoint accuracy. They were close range weapons. Even so, duelists at twenty paces often failed to hit.

Even allowing Hook to have had good marksmanship with that kind of gun and to have it carry over to his use of Gold's gun, Gold's gun didn't have a laser to help sight it. Hook was also shooting at night in the dark. Last but not least, the gun likely had that four inch loss.

So, even if Hook could have aimed under those lighting conditions, Belle was wearing a dark jacket that would have made targeting her accurately more difficult while also (lighting aside) made it more difficult to hit the righ part of her anatomy when a few millimeters could mean the difference between life and death.

Aside from the heart, lungs, and the spine (the spinal column being within the radius if the shoulder was targeted) there are major arteries and veins inside the area Hook hit.

So, believing in Normal Human Hook, I have to believe he knew he might kill Belle with that shot.

Although, I grant you, if he were used to the musket firing pistols, he might have thought there was no chance he could hit her at that distance and was hoping to somehow startle her over the line.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

I don't see Tamara being a serial killer, I think that's a bit too dark for this show. But perhaps she's a bit possessive over Neal. They do say she has an agenda. And she seems more into him, that he's into her.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:44 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)
I hope the game changer is positive. That would be refreshing but I'm sure their happiness would be ruined once Bae finds out about Milah

The Canadian promo has a lot of August
Anyone else wondering if the game changer would be Neal finding out that Rumple has been contemplating KILLING HIS CHILD? Because I think that would be a game changer in most father-son-grandson relationships...

I live in Canada and saw the promo live, and it looked entirely about August to me
Closed Thread   Post New Thread