Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2013, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Once Upon A Time S&S #64: They have been enemies forever.

credit: MaybeLove.

CAST
Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan
Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret
Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David
Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold
Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina
Jared Gilmore as Henry
Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby
Emilie de Ravin as Belle
Colin O'Donoghue as Captain Hook

CREW
Adam Horowitz, executive producer and writer
Jane Espenson, writer
Liz Tigelaar, writer
Andrew Chambliss, writer

promotional pictures of the cast
Comic Con Posters
Show Posters
Official Season Two Posters

Master storytellers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz ("Lost," "Tron: Legacy") invite everyone to Storybrooke, Maine, a small town that probably won't show up on one's GPS, but it's a place where magic is coming!

To ensure that no one in fairytale land – especially Snow White – had any more "happily ever afters," Evil Queen Regina cast a curse which trapped the fairytale characters, frozen in time, and brought them into our modern world. Although still alive, they had no knowledge of their former selves and were sleepwalking through life – ageless -- for 28 years, until a savior arrived in the form of Emma Swan. Unbeknownst to Emma, she was the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming, who had whisked her out of fairytale land and into our world as an infant to save her from the curse. Abandoned as a baby, Emma's life was anything but magical; her last job was as a bail bondsperson, but she mostly drifted without much of a life plan. When her 10-year-old son, Henry -- whom she had given up for adoption years earlier -- appeared on her doorstep with a book of fairytales and a wild story about how Emma was the progeny of fairytale characters trapped in a town called Storybrooke, she thought he was crazy. But curiosity got the better of her, and when she brought Henry back to the town – where Regina, ever the control freak, had made herself mayor and was also Henry's adoptive mother -- Emma soon discovered that Storybrooke was more than it seemed. Over time she came to believe the stories were true, began to see cracks in the curse, and was finally able to break it.

Reality and myth were merged as the fairytale characters began awakening, once the curse was lifted, and remembered who they were. But to their dismay they were not transported back to fairytale land. And to make matters worse, Rumplestiltskin – aka Mr. Gold – in an effort to gain the upper hand in his power struggle with Regina, introduced magic into the town. In fairytales magic has its place, but in our world it can have unfathomable consequences. Now the fairytale characters must contend with magic in their quest to find a way home, as new fairytale characters are revealed, old acquaintances are revisited, and some we had come to believe could be trusted will turn against their own kind.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

UPCOMING EPISODES

2.15 The Queen is Dead

MARY MARGARET VOWS TO KEEP RUMPLESTILTSKIN'S DAGGER AWAY FROM CORA AND REGINA, AND THE BLUE FAIRY OFFERS SNOW WHITE AN UNCONVENTIONAL SPELL THAT COULD HELP SAVE HER DYING MOTHER, THE QUEEN, ON ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

Lesley Nicol (Mrs. Patmore on "Downton Abbey") Guest Stars as Queen Eva's Servant, Johanna

"The Queen is Dead" - Upon discovering Cora and Regina's plan to find and take possession of Rumplestiltskin's dagger, Mary Margaret, with the aid of David and Mother Superior, makes it her mission to find it first; and while Mr. Gold continues his quest in New York to reunite with son Bae, Hook devises a plan to rid himself of a crocodile. Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, the Blue Fairy offers Snow White an unconventional enchantment that could help save her dying mother, Queen Eva, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, MARCH 3 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET STV) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby, and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Barbara Hershey as Cora, Keegan Connor Tracy as Mother Superior/Blue Fairy, Michael Raymond-James as Neal Cassidy, Bailee Madison as young Snow White, Lesley Nicol as Johanna, Rena Sofer as Eva, Duncan Ollerenshaw as royal doctor and Sonequa Martin-Green as Tamara.

2.16 The Miller's Daughter
  • For episode 2.16, the guest role of "King Xavier" is being cast. he's 45, has a mean sense of humor, and worries about being able to maintain his extravagant lifestyle since gold has become more scarce in his kingdom. Also being cast is the co-star role of a 20-something "Prince Henry" (Regina's father as a young man), whose marriage could change King Xavier's fortunes. (Source)
  • Rose McGowan Cast In 'Once Upon A Time' Origin Episode As Young Cora - Deadline.com

2.17 Welcome to Storybrooke

2.18 Selfless, Brave and True
  • For episode #218 of Once Upon a Time, a guest role (preferably with an Asian accent) is being cast: The Healer. He's 60, mystical, powerful, helpful to those in trouble, and makes predictions that can be difficult to understand. (Source)

2.19 Lacey
  • These 2 roles are being cast for episode 2.19: A Thief, who is male, 30 years old, brave, honorable and steals magic from Rumpelstiltskin; and Keith, who is 35, bitter due to a hard life, and likes to chase women. (Source)

CASTING & GUEST STARS

SET PICS

Magazines and Press

SEASON 2 SPOILERS
  • We will find out about the book and who wrote it.
  • There are “major plans” for Cora this season (possible 3-episode arc)
  • We'll learn Charming's real name.
  • Question: I have a burning Once Upon a Time question — was the outside world affected when the curse was broken? —Jen
    Ausiello: That’s what EP Adam Horowitz referred to as “an excellent question” when it was lobbed to him at Comic-Con over the weekend.
    “I think the best way to answer that,” he responded, “is to say that that will be explicated rather quickly.” Explicate: To analyze and develop (an idea or principle) in detail. (Source)
  • Question: Any scoop on August from Once Upon a Time? Please don’t say they’re not bringing him back. —Rae
    Ausiello: “We are definitely going to tell what happened to Pinocchio,” EP Edward Kitsis assured us at Con. “The last we saw, he was wood.”
    Added Horowitz: “We gotta figure out what happened to him. We started the story and we intend to finish it.” (source)
  • Alexa: What's next for Snow and Charming on OUAT?! Please tell me they won't be getting new love interests!
    Relax! It seems like the show's creators are more interested in exploring the relationship between the couple and their daughter than any prospective love interests. "There's a lot of challenges, in terms of this new relationship with their daughter. Rather than focusing on last season, where it was they didn't know who each other were and whether they'll get together and will we overcome the Kathryn of it all, this year it's a whole different set of challenges that this new familial relationship presents," Adam Horowitz explains. (Source)
  • Loved the Once Upon a Time midseason finale. What's coming up when the show returns? — Joan
    NATALIE: The Charming family has been reunited, but look for more bad news on the horizon. When we asked Ginnifer Goodwin and Jennifer Morrison about the joyous reunion, they both offered up ominous answers that may or may not have to do with the arrival of Hook and Cora. "It's, of course, short-lived because yet another obstacle is going to be thrust between all of these characters," Goodwin says, with Morrison adding, "New terrible things need to happen for us to work out." Any guesses as to what's in store for the Storybrooke gang?
  • Question: Is the Mulan/Aurora arc over on Once Upon a Time? Are they done for the season/forever? –Mary
    Ausiello: Mitovich — who just spent a long weekend in Vancouver, where Once shoots — hears that one of the princesses will be seen soon after the show returns from its holiday break (on Jan. 6). (Source)
  • Adam Horowitz ‏@AdamHorowitzLA Charming's real name coming up soonish. #OnceUponATime #holidayspoilers
  • COMING UP NEXT | "No one's going to be happy" about the arrival of the pirate brig's passengers, says Jennifer Morrison. "It's too much of a threat to everything that we care about." Speaking in character, she adds, "I don’t really know that much about all these people from this other land, but I do know that those two are dangerous, so I'm certainly not going to want them anywhere near my kid." Also, as revealed in recent weeks: Mulan, Prince Phillip and Smee will each make encores; viewers will meet Dr. Frankenstein's father and brother (played by Gregory Itzin and Chad Collins); Emma's baby daddy Neal Cassidy will be seen again; and Ethan Embry (Can't Hardly Wait) and Sonequa Martin-Green (The Walking Dead) will surface in secret roles. (Source)
  • Will anything surprise us about the upcoming episodes of Once Upon a Time? — Megan
    NATALIE: We know that the flashbacks lead to Regina enacting the curse, but coming trips to the past may surprise you. "We're going to show you some things in our world that you didn't even think were an option," executive producer Edward Kitsis says. Will we see flashbacks to other lands — say, Oz? Kitsis remains coy. "[They'll] center on our characters, but in surprising ways." (Source)
  • Now that Once Upon a Time‘s Hook is out in the open, will we get to see him interact with the other residents of Storybrooke? –Stefanie
    You mean, presuming he survived getting mowed down by The Outsider, right? (Of course he lives.) Well, to perhaps – perhaps! – answer your question, I’ll offer up this scooplet. “Emma’s love life is going to get really complicated,” series cocreator Adam Horowitz told me last week. In fact, across Storybrooke at large, he said, “The permutations of romance will continue to turn as we move forward.” (Source)
  • Ausiello: Yes! While speaking with Josh Dallas about this week’s David/Charming-heavy episode, Matt Mitovich picked his brain about Brothers & Sisters alum John Pyper-Ferguson’s character, who thus far has only been described as the widowed father to a young boy. “I can’t tell you anything,” Dallas hedged. “Just know that he’s an outsider.” Speaking of outsiders, Dallas was slightly more forthcoming with a status report on wayward driver Greg Mendell, played by Ethan Embry. “In this Sunday’s episode, you see Greg grilling Belle about what she actually saw that night at the car accident,” he said, musing: “Hmm, why does he want to know…?” (Source)
  • What time will the Once Upon a Time Lightning Round article be posted? —Hannah JoAnn, via Twitter
    NATALIE: Soon, Hannah. Better yet, because I'm feeling generous today, I will give you a sneak preview! Will poor Belle ever get her memories back? The answer is... yes! "If it was permanent, that would be the most bleak end," executive producer Edward Kitsis says, noting that how Gold helps her gets her memory back will certainly be a story line to watch out for. Let's take a moment to breathe a sigh of relief. Good? OK. (Source)
  • Any plans for Mulan to return to Once? — Alyson
    “We’re not going to rule anything out and there are some surprises we want to keep in store for characters who may be coming back later in the season,” says executive producer Adam Horowitz. “So we’re not going to rule anything out nor will we confirm or deny.” Source

OTHER SPOILERS

PAST THREAD
http://www.fanforum.com/f15/once-upo...-one-63085998/

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 02-19-2013 at 05:57 PM
Old 02-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread!

Check it out gang :

Quote:
ABC has released an official description for the March 3 episode of Once Upon A Time which guest stars Lesley Nicol of Downton Abbey fame. Here’s the write-up with some new spoilers:

MARY MARGARET VOWS TO KEEP RUMPLESTILTSKIN’S DAGGER AWAY FROM CORA AND REGINA, AND THE BLUE FAIRY OFFERS SNOW WHITE AN UNCONVENTIONAL SPELL THAT COULD HELP SAVE HER DYING MOTHER, THE QUEEN, ON ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME”

Lesley Nicol (Mrs. Patmore on “Downton Abbey”) Guest Stars as Queen Eva’s Servant, Johanna

“The Queen is Dead” – Upon discovering Cora and Regina’s plan to find and take possession of Rumplestiltskin’s dagger, Mary Margaret, with the aid of David and Mother Superior, makes it her mission to find it first; and while Mr. Gold continues his quest in New York to reunite with son Bae, Hook devises a plan to rid himself of a crocodile.
(snip)
For the full article, see the link below:

Once Upon A Time “The Queen Is Dead” Full Spoiler Description

It also Sounds like the trip to New York is going to more complicated and take more than one episode to accomplish .... to bad we don't know yet how Hook gets there ... especially since Rumple, Henry and Emma had to take a plane to get there.

Also here as well ‘Once Upon a Time’ season 2 spoilers: The return of the Blue Fairy

More about how the Blue Fairy will play a part in the next episode.

also, in the promo ... where you can go see it here again:

http://www.ksitetv.com/once-upon-a-t...-trailer/19908

If you look just after 13 seconds into the promo ... you can see Snow holding Rumple's Dagger standing next to Charming in the clock tower.

Last edited by CincyLady; 02-18-2013 at 12:28 AM
Old 02-18-2013, 12:56 AM
Passionate Fan

For Belle fans, she is going to be in episode 15.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:22 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUAT12 (View Post)
Thank you for the info. How do you know?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

I feel like we just got back from a hiatus. All of these breaks are killing me.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:26 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyLady (View Post)
It also Sounds like the trip to New York is going to more complicated and take more than one episode to accomplish .... to bad we don't know yet how Hook gets there ... especially since Rumple, Henry and Emma had to take a plane to get there.
I wish they had given us a better explanation as to how Rumple knew the exact apartment building Bae was in. The globe can't show that. It was just way too easy...and now Hook can find them too?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:32 AM
Master Fan

Seriously how the hell does Hook get to NY? Does he find the globe? Because that would be the only explanation, since he's supposed to be great with maps or "finding buried treasure" rather.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
Old 02-18-2013, 01:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think he uses his ship they said on podcast it is the fastest in the world
Old 02-18-2013, 02:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUAT12 (View Post)
Thanks!

Oh and that spoiler you referenced in the previous thread is from an Anonymous blogger, so who knows.

It's not even just about Rumbelle for me now, though that's a large part of it. I just don't see why Emilie needs to be a regular at this point. No matter what Adam and Eddy say about loving her personally and as an actress (and I know they do), there's one way to show it: work her. Yet they don't. When she's in an episode, she's usually in it for about 1 minute.

I have had and still have an open mind about the amnesia storyline, but so far all Belle has had to do is scream and sleep and be drugged. If we don't see her with Gold as this storyline progresses and we just see HIM trying to break the curse, then what's the point of keeping her hanging around? Just so Gold can have a love interest? I would rather see her killed off then turned into another Claire.

On a more positive note, I did LOVE the episode.

I had no problem with Belle hiding the map there. For one thing, the library isn't open, so why would she expect anyone to look for anything? For another, I don't get the big deal about her having the # written down as I've seen some on tumblr complain. I love books, I worked in a library - I would write it down. It was just a #. Regina is the one who made the complete leap of illogic.

Charmings still doing their bang up job of making sure no harm comes to Belle; being drugged out of your mind and having Regina be granted easy acces? Perfect, lol.

Hmm, well I hope that Hook drowns in the East River. He's repugnant

Last edited by Betsybelle; 02-18-2013 at 02:19 AM
Old 02-18-2013, 02:27 AM
Elite Fan

At this point, I think Rumple being Regina's father would be overkill.

tftnt

Last edited by scififan2009; 02-18-2013 at 03:16 AM
Old 02-18-2013, 03:00 AM
New Fan

Thanks for the new thread! Please can someone tell me what Neal say to Rumple in the promo for next episode? I can read english but don't understand it as well when spoken.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
Charmings still doing their bang up job of making sure no harm comes to Belle; being drugged out of your mind and having Regina be granted easy acces? Perfect, lol
Again, since I've said this before - they don't know everything you as the viewer do. It's not beyond the realm of possibility to assume a hospital is a safe place and they don't know Belle's backstory with the asylum. Regina can teleport so who's to say anyone besides Greg even knew she was at the hospital - and no one yet knows she's working with Cora.

We also don't know how much drugs Belle has been given or how hysterical she's been or if she's even on them still. Obviously she's not in a great place but as the giant attacking the day before proved, it might not be very safe outside the hospital either. Death threat from Gold aside, Snow and Charming wouldn't want any harm come to Belle either way, but she is not their only concern on the show.

Snow and Charming had one super short scene in the episode which was about reacting to the news about the Bae = Henry's father issue. Which you know, is news that will impact them too so I think they're entitled to take a moment to consider the implications. What else they did that day we don't know because it wasn't on-screen. Could have been checking up on people as well.

And you know, I wish we had more Belle in this season since she is a regular myself but she isn't the only regular who's not had a lot of airtime this season.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:13 AM
New Fan

"So glad I don't give damn"

That was Gold answer to the possibility for the outsider to out them to the world and put everyone's life in jeopardy. And it was true since, outside of Belle, they were no one in this town he cared about. Yes he clearly has a fondness for Charming, Emma and Henry, going so far as seeing a bit of him in Emma's relationship with her son or seeing in Charming or Archie someone he could turn to if in need of advice (even if he would rather eat broken glasses than admit it). BUT he is more than 300 years old, has certainly run into a lot of people he empathized with (as said by Robert Carlyle when he mentionned that Rumple took the mannerisme of the person who had an impact on him), but those people are dead, becoming only vague memories for him and I'm pretty sure that how he expects his relationship with the charmings to end up. Execpt for Belle, he never developped a real, true and honest relationship with any of the person he ran into as the dark one, no matter the fondness he could have for them, they were all a mean to an end.

The Charming, Regina, Cora and everyone in Storybrook were just pawns used to reunit with his son. He expected to be back with Bae, give Belle her memory back and then live with them and never bothering to know what was happening in the others life. But now ? Now he cannot do that. He can't live on the side, showing up and intervening when it suits him, never taking a side between Regina and the Charmings, going to one or the others depending on his need. That's not possible anymore because him who spend all those years alone, keeping people at bay, making himself despicable to them, is now irrevocably linked to those he only viewed as pawns.

Henry could be Rumple's undoing, not just because he is the motivation behind Regina's return in the evil path, but also because he is his grandson, he is the embodiement of the tie he has with The Charmings and the whole town of storybrook. Family is everything to Rumple, his loyalty for his son now extend to Bae's child and the woman he loved, he can't be outside anymore, he has to take a side, and be at the heart of the action. Because the dark irony of the situation is that he indirectly put himself in this whole mess since it is his desire to be reunit with Bae that motivated him in manipulating other people's life, manipulations that led to his current predicament.

What I see out of this is character growth for Gold, now he won't be able to hide in corners, he will have to fight. Something, last night episode proved it to us, is being avoided for centuries. That is my opinion on the Seer's last prophecy.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

Is there any way that Rumple will blame Belle for them getting the dagger?

I just feel like she's being pushed right out. Now he'll be all about Bae and Henry and they'll be his motivation to change. It's like they're just completely minimizing Belle.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
Again, since I've said this before - they don't know everything you as the viewer do. It's not beyond the realm of possibility to assume a hospital is a safe place and they don't know Belle's backstory with the asylum. Regina can teleport so who's to say anyone besides Greg even knew she was at the hospital - and no one yet knows she's working with Cora.

We also don't know how much drugs Belle has been given or how hysterical she's been or if she's even on them still. Obviously she's not in a great place but as the giant attacking the day before proved, it might not be very safe outside the hospital either. Death threat from Gold aside, Snow and Charming wouldn't want any harm come to Belle either way, but she is not their only concern on the show.

Snow and Charming had one super short scene in the episode which was about reacting to the news about the Bae = Henry's father issue. Which you know, is news that will impact them too so I think they're entitled to take a moment to consider the implications. What else they did that day we don't know because it wasn't on-screen. Could have been checking up on people as well.

And you know, I wish we had more Belle in this season since she is a regular myself but she isn't the only regular who's not had a lot of airtime this season.

I agree that they dont know everything, but surely they understand that with Cora and Regina on the loose that Belle would be an obvious target seeing her relationship with Rumple.

That makes no sense.. There has to be a reason that Belle isnt being watched, cause I doubt that the Charmings are stupid.. I think there's more to that story..

The episode was great. It didnt change my opinion of Milah except lessen it.
I felt for Neal. He's forgot so much about how much he and his dad loved each other all the years ago. Though I dont blame him.. but I cried that he had nightmares. His anger over his dad being there was so intense he couldn't even think straight. It certainly explains why he didnt go after Emma when the curse was broken..

Robert played Rumple with so many mixed emotions and feelings. He is always amazing..
He looked like he was going to vomit when the realization hit him that the "boy" in the prophecy was Henry..

He's going to find away around that.. he'll never hurt Henry.