Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 06:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud_Dearie (View Post)
I hope not, all this would be meh. I know it's Disney there, but please I don't want Rumpel becoming evil but I don't wan't something too mellowy either.
I would actually love this, lol, and it would be in line with the Disney version. But we'll see. I'm not sure how else she'll get her memories back. When Snow got her memories back it was because David did something to save her and then she was more open to him kissing her and she remembered.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
you might be surprised... people generally choose a side that they think has the power and that they think is going to win, whether they know it to be right or wrong doesn't always factor into that decision
I'm just wondering because none of the other main characters would be on Cora/Regina's side. (If Belle somehow gets on their side, I give up.).

So really, who cares about all the minor characters that would side with Cora/Regina. I can't think of any other main character that would go with them.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

The show is suppose to be about hope. At least that is what Adam and Eddy said.
I'm trying to avoid others speculations,.and mine as well since nothing is fact until we see it.
And even then we could still be surprised. Lol

Even the spoilers are.deceptive. they show us something and we end up seeing the whole scene and its not what we interpreted.

I don't see Bae dying..at least not this season. It would defeat the purpose of hope. Rumple struggled for centuries to get reunited with his son. There's too much they can still do with his character..
The show can't have complete angst and tragedy all the time. There needs to be a balance with happiness and hope. For all the main characters.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:06 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUAT12 (View Post)
Barbara Barnett's review of ''Manhattan''The Fairytale Land story enlightens us as well to Rumple’s life before the Ogre Wars. We learn that Rumple went to fight almost happily, trying to escape the taint of his own father’s reputation. But when waiting on the front to go into battle, Rumple learns something of his future, but not the entire truth — just enough to cause him a lifetime of trouble and torment. We learn how Rumple got his gift of prophecy, and that although often well-intentioned, Rumple often makes ill-advised choices. No wonder time and experience has rendered him wary. We also learn how Rumple’s leg got so badly injured.
One of the things I've wondered about is why Gold's leg is still injured. When you think about it, it's slightly odd that he wasn't able to protect himself against this happening in the curse he designed. Odder still, he hasn't fixed it since the curse broke.

I've said before that pre-curse Rumple was crippled, whereas Gold is just a man with a limp even though it's the same injury. It's not just that being lame in a medieval society is a much bigger disability--it could mean poverty and starvation--you can see that it's much bigger in Rumple's mind, a symbol of his failures and helplessness.

Gold has never seemed that way. But, now we're getting hints that his injury happened as a much more direct result of a pivotal choice he made, the same choice that may now seem like the first domino falling that has led to . . . whatever scary place we're about to find ourselves.

Gold's lameness represents all his flaws to him. In his mind, it's never gone away. Being healed when he became the Dark One is something he views the way he admits he viewed power to Belle. He used power to cover up his cowardice (or what he views as his cowardice) instead of overcoming it.

It seems very important, then, that he remains lame as he goes to search for Bae. I'm not calling it a conscious choice, but it's as if he's visually admitting his mistakes. He's not hiding them or covering them up with magic. It's almost a confession.

At the same time, it's something else. Gold's SB persona is a very scary guy who happens to have a limp. He makes sure everyone knows better than to think that limp keeps him from being the scariest man in town.

But, that's a persona, a mask he cultivates. I think, deep down, Gold still sees himself as someone crippled in soul, a monster who deserves to be despised by those he loves.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUAT12 (View Post)
Barbara Barnett's review of ''Manhattan''

Rumple’s centuries-old wait is finally over and he and Baelfire meet. It is an interesting encounter that occurs with a bit of inopportune timing, especially since Mr. Gold desires more than anything to show his son that he has changed. Let’s just say things do not go smoothly.

Link: Previewing Once Upon a Time's "Manhattan" - Blogcritics Video
I guess the not so smooth part is when Bae over hears Gold yelling at Emma.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Loyal Fan

theory:

henry learns that bae is his dad, and gold grandpa, gold realizes that teh "prophecy" is about Henry. but again misinterprets it -

I wonder if there is another way to destroy the dark one? how about the dagger being destroyed outside in our world?

so how about this, Cora learns that henry is the grandson, hers too but whatever, she goes for henry, regina sees and freaks out - kills her mom to protect henry but meanwhile henry stabs gold by accident, or is stabbed by the dagger too - I wonder how that works, if another person is stabbed.. blue fairy who is older than gold should know this stuff.. and to save henry - emma's good magic from true love saves the day, belle saves gold _ ok i don;t see a show unless gold has powers - gold regular joe shmoe.. that i can see at the end of teh series not now,

it appears to me that our world without magic is what can break the dark one curse besided true loves kiss.

As for it not going well, well i think emma can;t get bae to talk to gold, gold what are you hiding, you don;t break a deal with me, bae hears this - gives dad 3 minutes and says something like you haven't changed still making deals, etc.. and then he sees henry figures it out, and goes to SB to get closer to emma and henry.

just one of many theories
Old 02-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Master Fan

On a completely different subject, in "The Queen is Dead" I thought I saw a spoiler that Eva, Snow's mother, has a suprising connection with someone in SB. People were speculating that she and Cora were sisters. Will that be it or is there something else?
Old 02-15-2013, 08:03 AM
New Fan

Ahem... *cough*Rumpel's Snow real daddy*cough*
Old 02-15-2013, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ok, now I'm depressed. Cora and Regina will get the dagger and control Rumpel. Cora or Regina will force him to do something grim to Henry, kidnap or... kill him. And Rumpel will be the real big bad. After all was said and done he will become totally evil. Dagger or not. This saddens me so much, I don't know if I want to see the episode anymore. Or the rest of the show at all.
If Gold does things against his will, that's not HIS fault and it wouldn't be him becoming evil.

I HATE how Belle is now going to be blamed for things that are NOT her fault. This is all Regina's fault and I won't ever accept some crap redemption for her by the end of the season. I'm sorry, what she's doing is hideous. Gold was accused of murder by the Charmings and Emma and he reacted how? He didn't.

I don't think there is any chance Gold becomes evil again. He hates himself for what he did in the past and he has genuinely changed (not my opinion only, but Adam and Eddy's). He wants to change and he has Belle and Bae to keep him tethered.

Adam and Eddy made a point of saying at least 2 times that Gold will be doing something significant to bring Belle back. People are assuming for some reason that she is not a priority for him but IMO for him, once he's back, Belle is his highest priority. He won't push things with Bae for one and for another, he will fight for Belle as she fought for him. We will just have to see how he restores her; I can't wait to see......We had better get a reunion scene worthy of all they've been through esp. since the writers have purposely avoided having them kiss or have completed dates.

I'm really starting to hate this episode because it's making me sick
Old 02-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
On a completely different subject, in "The Queen is Dead" I thought I saw a spoiler that Eva, Snow's mother, has a suprising connection with someone in SB. People were speculating that she and Cora were sisters. Will that be it or is there something else?
my theory was that she came from our world and greg the stranger is her brother or something.

i think the king would have known if his wife had a sister, aka cora and I really dont want to go down that road,yuck.. its enought trying to keep track of who henry is all realted to by blood and non blood - king george, cora, regina, now most liekly rumple etc..

so that was my idea. but then maybe she was a fairy - and gave up her wings? Why would the blue fairy offer snow an interesting way to save her mom?
Old 02-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Ahem... *cough*Rumpel's Snow real daddy*cough*
Yeah well, apparently Rumple is everyone's daddy... o_O Nope.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonHummingbird (View Post)
Yeah well, apparently Rumple is everyone's daddy... o_O Nope.
LOL. By the time all is said and done he'll have kids with everyone except Belle.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
LOL. By the time all is said and done he'll have kids with everyone except Belle.
I don't think the show will touch the topic of incest so...they'll probably stretch the family dynamic near the proximate border of the ethically endurable relations, but they certainly won't cross it.

LOL, awww...I'm sure we'll might have our Rumbelle baby sometime in future.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Don't even joke about this!

I can't even deal with this episode. I just want him to come back, take Belle away from her hospital nightmare and bring her memories back. Then I want an epic reunion scene for many reasons, one of which is this episode is giving me ulcers.

If people blame Belle for this, I will be absolutely livid.....it probably will happen though because she has no real friends in SB. The only one who cares about her is Gold.

Quote:
LOL, awww...I'm sure we'll might have our Rumbelle baby sometime in future.
I hope so, lol; I forsee them having several kids, just like Bobby said as part of Gold's nirvana. First I'll take a proposal and marriage, though.......
Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sorry, but this is

BetsyBelle: I'm sorry but this isn't true! Red definitely cares about Belle
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread