Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
Thanks for posting! I actually didn't think it was such a huge reveal. I'm pretty sure in a previous promo, we saw Gold sprinkling that potion on the cloak he wears over his shoulder before crossing the town line.

What I want to know is who that cloak belongs to and why does he need it to cross the line!!!
I think its Bae's cloak. Rumple saved his things.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I'm not surprised. I mean, what else would you expect from a villain who's most famous for getting his ass kicked by children?
LOL You have a point
Old 01-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonHummingbird (View Post)
Agree with all of this. They'd better not bring the ultimate softie shtick. Writers, if you introduce him as a villain, let him be a villain with continuity...and yeah, he definitely needs to take someone down. I personally didn't like the handling that after he took Aurora's heart he gave it back to Mulan (the group) shortly afterwards, I mean WTF? Why even doing effort on the first hand?
ITA. I hope Hook takes someone down soon. Hook isn't Cora but I'm sure he would take out anyone who stands on his way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen_girl22 (View Post)
Anyway, what i really want to know is, when will we see Rumpel saying that he killed Milah? Like i said, i´m not against Rumpel either but i hope he tells the whole story.
I have a feeling Hook is going to tell Belle what really happened.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
And, whether or not you agree with it, Hook agrees with it. I'm not being snide or anything. Hook clearly stated he would have respected Rumple if he'd done this to him when he took Milah. This time around, Hook implied he wouldn't respect Gold using an unfair advantage (like outweighing him by 100 lb, youth, years of experience with a sword, and not being lame . . . oh, wait, that was someone else).

So, Gold beat up the man with a sword with his cane to save Belle. This is the essence of the code Hook claims to follow.
lol.. I agree Hook bullied a man who was crippled and knew he wouldn't fight and leave his son an orphan. It was an unfair advantage in Hook's favor, being younger, experience with swords, etc. ANd now the bully cries foul when the advantage switches to the Dark One..lol

Rumple should never have killed Milah, even though I do think she should have been punished for abandoning her son, and cheating/cruelty to her husband. But that's not important, I'm just a mom who can't even imagine a woman like that.

I have know doubt that since he's already been honest and open with Belle that he'll tell her everything about what happened to Milah. Even though the preview shows him just stating a quick comment on it, there's no way of knowing what really happens until we see the episode. ANd yes, he'll tell it from his side. Everyone has a side to this story, and everyone is right and wrong in it.
NO one is an innocent party, except for Belle. But since he's already told her the roads he has been down, I think he'll tell her.

And Seeing Gold do whatever it takes to defend his true love will be good.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
Even though the preview shows him just stating a quick comment on it, there's no way of knowing what really happens until we see the episode. ANd yes, he'll tell it from his side. Everyone has a side to this story, and everyone is right and wrong in it.
Exactly... That's why I think we should ALL wait and see what happens before judging either Rumple OR Hook...

There's no proof yet that Hook won't respect Rumple because he uses magic (it seems more to me judging by the promos that Rumple isn't respecting Hook at all beating him hard with his cane the way he did to Belle's father), there's no proof yet that Rumple won't tell Belle he has killed his own wife because she left him & his son. So lets just wait and see what happens with both of them.
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

This is a extended sneak:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pui4CW8FYI8
Old 01-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Old 01-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _vega_ (View Post)
And I think Rumple shouldn't have killed Milah, none of the things she did merited murder, even if she had been two times worse than she was that still wouldn't have merited murder. Hook going after Belle shows how petty and villanous he is though. He is not morally superior to Rumple in any way.

The only person I'm rootingt for here is Belle.
Agreed

Thanks for the sneak & interview
Old 01-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Anthea & Kate thanks for the videos
Old 01-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
Rumple should never have killed Milah, even though I do think she should have been punished for abandoning her son, and cheating/cruelty to her husband. But that's not important, I'm just a mom who can't even imagine a woman like that.
I'm just an aunt who feels the same way. To me, Milah is like the woman I read about in the news who left her children in the car for several hours, where they died of heat exhaustion, while she was partying.

But, that still doesn't justify Rumple killing Milah. The only way I'd feel OK with it is if something awful had happened to Bae when Milah was "taken" and you realized when Milah showed up alive she'd been complicit.

Even then, this would need to score fairly high on the awful meter . . . .

I have to admit, the Rumple vs Hook debate reminds me of the Snape vs Sirius debates of a few years back. I could always see both sides of those because, though a Snape fan, I knew Sirius had gone to incredible efforts to protect Harry (and a few of Sirius' other problems could be put down to a family tendency towards depression and other mental illness [witness his mom and Cousin Bella]).

This had me realizing something: I get Sirius. I don't get Hook.

If there was supposed to be a OUaT mirror universe where all the Once villains had a "good" opposite and you gave me the challenge of writing randomly selected "good" villains and the originals, it wouldn't be too hard. I get most of their POVs as villains. I see things in them that could be good, if only.

All right, I'd be cheating on Cora. I'd write her as someone who wants the best for her child (even if her child doesn't want it) and who doesn't know when to give her child space. Her opposite would get autonomy and the idea that your children may have different dreams than you do - and that it's OK.

It would be cheating because I think Cora only paints a thin veneer of motherliness over her emotional cannibalism (so she can play brain games, like an abuser who disguises sadism as doing something for the victim's own good).

But, still, I could write something approximate.

Hook . . . I just don't get.

I couldn't take what I see as his drives and push them into a "good" outlet, partly because I just don't want the things he wants.

Cora paints a veneer of motherly concern over deep selfishness (or sociopathicness. Or something). But, it's a means to an end.

My take on Hook is that he paints on a veneer . . . and that's what he wants to be, the veneer.

Or he has drives I can't really differentiate from the veneer.

He wants to be seen as in the right. He wants to be seen as following a code. He wants his men to think he's cool and tough.

So, his good opposite wouldn't be mostly the same guy with his drives tweaked. He'd be a guy with them completely changed. He wouldn't care what people thought about him - or wouldn't care to the point of having it push him into making the wrong decision.

He'd be the guy who, if a crippled shepherd was trying to save his wife, would jump in and help him, even if it meant taking on a shipload of pirates.

He'd be the guy who stood up for the poor beggar a bunch of drunks decided to pick on for laughs.

He'd be the guy who, if he did break into a dungeon to rescue a girl only to find out she wouldn't help him with whatever his larger mission was - that she actually disagreed with what he was trying to do - would still rescue her.

Now, maybe, by saying this, I've only convinced his supporters I don't get him.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I'm just an aunt who feels the same way. To me, Milah is like the woman I read about in the news who left her children in the car for several hours, where they died of heat exhaustion, while she was partying.

But, that still doesn't justify Rumple killing Milah. The only way I'd feel OK with it is if something awful had happened to Bae when Milah was "taken" and you realized when Milah showed up alive she'd been complicit.

Even then, this would need to score fairly high on the awful meter . . . .

I have to admit, the Rumple vs Hook debate reminds me of the Snape vs Sirius debates of a few years back. I could always see both sides of those because, though a Snape fan, I knew Sirius had gone to incredible efforts to protect Harry (and a few of Sirius' other problems could be put down to a family tendency towards depression and other mental illness [witness his mom and Cousin Bella]).

This had me realizing something: I get Sirius. I don't get Hook.

If there was supposed to be a OUaT mirror universe where all the Once villains had a "good" opposite and you gave me the challenge of writing randomly selected "good" villains and the originals, it wouldn't be too hard. I get most of their POVs as villains. I see things in them that could be good, if only.

All right, I'd be cheating on Cora. I'd write her as someone who wants the best for her child (even if her child doesn't want it) and who doesn't know when to give her child space. Her opposite would get autonomy and the idea that your children may have different dreams than you do - and that it's OK.

It would be cheating because I think Cora only paints a thin veneer of motherliness over her emotional cannibalism (so she can play brain games, like an abuser who disguises sadism as doing something for the victim's own good).

But, still, I could write something approximate.

Hook . . . I just don't get.

I couldn't take what I see as his drives and push them into a "good" outlet, partly because I just don't want the things he wants.

Cora paints a veneer of motherly concern over deep selfishness (or sociopathicness. Or something). But, it's a means to an end.

My take on Hook is that he paints on a veneer . . . and that's what he wants to be, the veneer.

Or he has drives I can't really differentiate from the veneer.

He wants to be seen as in the right. He wants to be seen as following a code. He wants his men to think he's cool and tough.

So, his good opposite wouldn't be mostly the same guy with his drives tweaked. He'd be a guy with them completely changed. He wouldn't care what people thought about him - or wouldn't care to the point of having it push him into making the wrong decision.

He'd be the guy who, if a crippled shepherd was trying to save his wife, would jump in and help him, even if it meant taking on a shipload of pirates.

He'd be the guy who stood up for the poor beggar a bunch of drunks decided to pick on for laughs.

He'd be the guy who, if he did break into a dungeon to rescue a girl only to find out she wouldn't help him with whatever his larger mission was - that she actually disagreed with what he was trying to do - would still rescue her.

Now, maybe, by saying this, I've only convinced his supporters I don't get him.
I don't think what Milha did justifies murder, but did I shed a tear over her demise? The answer is no. I found her extremely selfish, and I thought that the love between her and Hook wasn't true. Selfish people are not capable of true love, and nobody I know would ever abandon their child for true love! I don't think Hook or Rum are morally superior, but Rum was once a good man overtaken by a dark force, what's Hook's excuse? I understand why many don't get Hook, because he has only been on a few episodes, so we don't have a complete picture yet. I will say this, Hook is a bully, just like Sirius! I am sorry, I know you like him, but I tended to take after Snape more, because I was bullied as a child like Snape, but unlike Snape, I wasn't abused by my parents, or my school teachers, and what Dumbledore did to Snape after the Lupin incident made me hate Dumbledore! Sirius had a bad background, but his prejudice towards Snape, and his relentless bullying of Snape left me cold. I liked Draco better than Sirius! I also think he was a bad influence on Harry as well. I didn't like Harry's parents either, one being a bully, and the other being a shallow, disloyal, twit as they say in London. I find my self in the same predicament here, were I tend to understand and like Rumple more than Hook! I also hope Belle lives up to her words and stands by Rumple. She cannot punish him for what he did as the dark one. It is in the past, and isn't fair. I expect Bae to have a problem with it, but not Belle. She knows how he got his name, and if she walks out on him again over his past, than I will no longer be a Rumbelle fan.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Absolute Fan

New promo. Some new footage of Belle and you can sinnce Prince Phillip, Belle, and Mulan together:

Old 01-10-2013, 11:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
I don't think what Milha did justifies murder, but did I shed a tear over her demise? The answer is no. I found her extremely selfish, and I thought that the love between her and Hook wasn't true. Selfish people are not capable of true love, and nobody I know would ever abandon their child for true love! I don't think Hook or Rum are morally superior, but Rum was once a good man overtaken by a dark force, what's Hook's excuse? I understand why many don't get Hook, because he has only been on a few episodes, so we don't have a complete picture yet. I will say this, Hook is a bully, just like Sirius! I am sorry, I know you like him, but I tended to take after Snape more, because I was bullied as a child like Snape, but unlike Snape, I wasn't abused by my parents, or my school teachers, and what Dumbledore did to Snape after the Lupin incident made me hate Dumbledore! Sirius had a bad background, but his prejudice towards Snape, and his relentless bullying of Snape left me cold. I liked Draco better than Sirius! I also think he was a bad influence on Harry as well. I didn't like Harry's parents either, one being a bully, and the other being a shallow, disloyal, twit as they say in London. I find my self in the same predicament here, were I tend to understand and like Rumple more than Hook! I also hope Belle lives up to her words and stands by Rumple. She cannot punish him for what he did as the dark one. It is in the past, and isn't fair. I expect Bae to have a problem with it, but not Belle. She knows how he got his name, and if she walks out on him again over his past, than I will no longer be a Rumbelle fan.
I much prefer Snape, and Sirius was a bully.

But, he also swam through the North Sea and nearly got himself killed half a dozen different ways trying to protect Harry in book three (granted, if he'd been playing with a full deck after he escaped, he'd have just sent Dumbledore a message outlining what had really happened and why Ron's pet rat was the spy [which sounds kind of crazy when you put it that way, but it would have worked]). No matter how long the list of wrongs he'd done, I have to respect someone who will do all that to save a child.

But, even if Sirius was a complete jerk, he's a jerk I get. Even the motives I don't approve of, I get.

Trying to find some Once related comments to this that don't compare Hook disfavorably to Sirius, and it's not coming.

Uh, I wonder which side of the line Rumple's standing on when he throws that fireball?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I much prefer Snape, and Sirius was a bully.

But, he also swam through the North Sea and nearly got himself killed half a dozen different ways trying to protect Harry in book three (granted, if he'd been playing with a full deck after he escaped, he'd have just sent Dumbledore a message outlining what had really happened and why Ron's pet rat was the spy [which sounds kind of crazy when you put it that way, but it would have worked]). No matter how long the list of wrongs he'd done, I have to respect someone who will do all that to save a child.

But, even if Sirius was a complete jerk, he's a jerk I get. Even the motives I don't approve of, I get.

Trying to find some Once related comments to this that don't compare Hook disfavorably to Sirius, and it's not coming.

Uh, I wonder which side of the line Rumple's standing on when he throws that fireball?
I never did get into the Snape vs Sirius debates. But I always liked Snape, and of the Marauders it was Lupin.

I did like the viewpoint you gave about Hook / Rumple.

I completely agree, since I dont get Hook either.

But Milah I really don't need to know more about. As a mom of 3 my opinion won't change. There are never circumstances where you abandon your child. And by saying this I am not saying you need to stay in a marriage if you're unhappy (though contempt and cruelty towards your spouse when they are kind and caring is also off limits).
Old 01-11-2013, 12:51 AM
Elite Fan

Milah didn't live in our time and getting out of the marriage probably wasn't an option. She did wanted to leave the town and start somewhere else new, but that seemed out of the question for Rumple and as far as we know, he never even explained why. I'm not justifying what Milah did, but to an extent I can understand why she lashed out at him the way she did. She was caught in a situation over which she had no control. Her husband was nice and kind, but she still had nothing to say about where or how they were living.
I can't understand either how she was able to leave Bae, but I think it's only fair to admit that she hadn't the same chances/choices that woman in our time have.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread