Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inalgebra (View Post)
I'm not American and this is an honest question - do Americans and the law really take the no sex until 18 thing seriously?? I mean if it was real would he have been arrested?? Or is it just seen as a bit off because the Neal character was meant to be in his early to mid twenties rather than also a teenager. I get that actually as I would have some issues with a man in his early-mid twenties sleeping with a 15 year old (legal consent being 16 here). Though even then if it's consensual I doubt the police here would really care unless he was her teacher or something.

I don't have any axe to grind about who Emma ends up with with this I'm just curious how it's seen over the pond.
Not american lawyer either, but here's some tidbits to satisfy your curiosity, if you want some more info on the topic or cases similar feel free to hit me up so I don't hag this thread with that /lawgeek.

This is from Arizona state law, though a lot varies through each state:
13-1405. Sexual conduct with a minor; classifications

A. A person commits sexual conduct with a minor by intentionally or knowingly engaging in
sexual intercourse or oral sexual contact with any person who is under eighteen years of age.

B. Sexual conduct with a minor who is under fifteen years of age is a class 2 felony and is
punishable pursuant to section 13-604.01. Sexual conduct with a minor who is at least fifteen
years of age is a class 6 felony.

some more info and years of imprisonment.

It doesn't really get punished normally, although as you can see those people could get quite a bit of years in the prison, it really depends upon a parent, teacher, someone with a control or trust of that minor to get his/her partner into trouble.

"I will always find you."
Old 01-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Extreme Fan

@ElizaSparrow Sadly, yep that's the case. And sometimes you feel ashamed for a few stubborn people that even do support your ship, because they tend to blame/harass actors and writers for not pushing your babies together the way you'd like them to be pushed...that's definitely the wrong way either. "Shipping wars" aren't only the doom of this fandom (actually we rather belong to the civil ones, speaking in general evaluation), but are much more grave in other fandoms.

Aww. Yay. Can't decide whether I'm happy now, because Michael's coming back or rather depressed because of what might happen to Archie. Though now I tend to believe that this is all misleading - I mean, it just has to be...such a cheap, all-revealing sneak doesn't seem to be a brainy move by ABC or the writers or whoever gives the nods to release them ultimately.

It would bring up an interesting twist if Cora was all behind this - but blaming Regina for a murder doesn't seem to fit in her aimed scheme. :/ Mhm, if not Regina, I really do wonder who is the one to be blamed for this? I doubt it's Hook, at this point he has no reason to pull an awry maneuver on Regina; she is not his target. Cora and Hook probably separated after they arrived in Storybrooke to focus on their individual ploys.
My, my, my speculating about this is quite arduous...
Old 01-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Omg, I'm definitely not watching that sneak peek. I know that some people said that Archie's going to die, but I choose not to believe it. Otherwise they wouldn't have given it away that easily..

Quote:
Originally Posted by taragenie (View Post)
Michael's on his way back to Vancouver.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/8cb0a84c6...tyv7o1_500.jpg
Thanks! I cannot wait to see him again!!!

As for that true love promo, obviously, I'm glad to see that CS was included.. other than that, I have to admit that I'm worried about Rumbelle. That scene was really cute, but I see it as the calm before the storm, tbh. :/

Also, how old was Neal when he met Emma? The age thing really doesn't bother me, tbh. Not with Rumbelle and definitely not with SwanThief.

Btw, Neal Cassidy is eye candy, too!!! Sorry, I just needed to get this one out of my chest. lol
Old 01-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh I hate shipping wars so much. I ship Emma with Neal, but I have no problem with people shipping her with anyone else. The Neal hate from certain people on tumblr is a bit much though. I imagine it will only get worse when Emma and Neal reunite.

Last edited by taragenie; 01-03-2013 at 02:02 PM
Old 01-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Elite Fan

I knew people were going to jump to conclusions about the promo I seriously couldn't care less. Sometimes shows try to "sell" the show in different ways so people watch. Nothing is set in stone so I'm not worried.

Quote:
Oh I hate shipping wars so much. I ship Emma with Neal, but I have no problem with people shipping her with anyone else. The Neal hate from certain people on tumblr is a bit much though. I imagine it will only get worse when Emma and Neal reunite.
The worst are the fans who send hate tweets to actor. I think that's pathetic.

I'm sure most people who ship Emma with other people are nice but some of them need to chill. I'll never send hate tweets to an actor who plays a fictional character. He is just doing his job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessB (View Post)
Well I dislike Emma/Neal for many reasons (for me it grosses out more seeing him and Emma is a statutory rape by the law, she was underage when they consummated the relationship and he was a bit old, but whatever.) but this isn't stopping me from following the show or giving them a chance in the future, I don't see how is it jumping into conclusions before the storyline is even revealed gonna help. He may very well change, he may very well not, writers paths are unpredicted. Just my 2 cents.
I don't want to start a fight or anything like that but Emma was 18 when she met Neal so it isn't statuary rape. I don't know about the show's timeline but she was just out of the foster system so she was 18. (EDIT: I just checked and Emma was 16 when she became independent and two years later she met Neal so she was 18).

And Neal isn't "old". Neal is supposed to be just three or four years older than Emma.

And please stop with the rape talk. It always bring trouble. And I said the exact same thing when people were calling Hook a rapist.

Last edited by ring of fire; 01-03-2013 at 02:20 PM
Old 01-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Mary Louuu! Somehow it always makes me smile as soon as you post anything here...don't ask me why. I don't know, really. Maybe because you, in your whole manner, remind me of a very good friend of mine. Anyway, hey there!

Okay, you should definitely don't watch this sneak if you don't want to be spoiled by a certain meanwhile self-evident could-be-might-be-death. Sadly, I didn't take the words "major spoiler" to serious and yeah...afterwards I kind of regretted having that desperate curiosity. Since Archie (Raphael Sbarge) is listed in "The Outsider" synopsis I'm fairly certain this whole thing is some sort of camouflage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLouMoriarty (View Post)
Btw, Neal Cassidy is eye candy, too!!! Sorry, I just needed to get this one out of my chest. lol
I dare to strongly agree with you on this! Phew. Now we have that out and can move on.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Thanks for posting! I wonder if this will be when Belle finally confronts Regina about everything she did to her. Do we know what episode they're filming?
Old 01-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLouMoriarty (View Post)
Omg, I'm definitely not watching that sneak peek. I know that some people said that Archie's going to die, but I choose not to believe it. Otherwise they wouldn't have given it away that easily..

Thanks! I cannot wait to see him again!!!

As for that true love promo, obviously, I'm glad to see that CS was included.. other than that, I have to admit that I'm worried about Rumbelle. That scene was really cute, but I see it as the calm before the storm, tbh. :/

Also, how old was Neal when he met Emma? The age thing really doesn't bother me, tbh. Not with Rumbelle and definitely not with SwanThief.

Yeah Neal is pretty cute
Old 01-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
Thanks for posting! I wonder if this will be when Belle finally confronts Regina about everything she did to her. Do we know what episode they're filming?
Either 14 or 15. Waiting to hear from *OldHollywoodStarlet*, she usually knows this stuff.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
I have no idea what episode they're filming, but it could be a confrontation scene. I have Kelaine's theory stuck in my head, though, so it could be that if Rumple loses his memory as she theorizes, Regina and Belle will actually have to team up to help him and/or each other. I hope that's not the case, though. I am devastated by the thought of Rumple losing all his memories.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't have tumblr so I don't participate in shipping wars. But there are some posts, that are beyond hilarious, so I tend to take it in my stride... I agree though. I may be a CS fan, but if I see anyone bash Neal/Michael, then I don't think I'd be able to just accept that without baring my claws. lol Hopefully it won't come to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonHummingbird (View Post)
Mary Louuu! Somehow it always makes me smile as soon as you post anything here...don't ask me why. I don't know, really. Maybe because you, in your whole manner, remind me of a very good friend of mine. Anyway, hey there!

Okay, you should definitely don't watch this sneak if you don't want to be spoiled by a certain meanwhile self-evident could-be-might-be-death. Sadly, I didn't take the words "major spoiler" to serious and yeah...afterwards I kind of regretted having that desperate curiosity. Since Archie (Raphael Sbarge) is listed in "The Outsider" synopsis I'm fairly certain this whole thing is some sort of camouflage.

I dare to strongly agree with you on this! Phew. Now we have that out and can move on.
Hiii, Hummingbird!! You're such a sweetheart, thank you! And I always appreciate civil posters such as yourself!

Yeah, that's what I thought, too, it definitely has to be a camouflage; anything else wouldn't make sense to me. That's why I won't watch the preview, because I don't want to freak out just yet. lol

haha, seriously though, everytime someone (the writers in particular) mentions how good-looking Hook is, I feel the urge to yell at them, and tell them that Michael is handsome, too. :lol.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Either 14 or 15. Waiting to hear from *OldHollywoodStarlet*, she usually knows this stuff.
My source is away right now, but I will most likely be able to answer this tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
My source is away right now, but I will most likely be able to answer this tomorrow.
Thanks!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ring of fire (View Post)

I don't want to start a fight or anything like that but Emma was 18 when she met Neal so it isn't statuary rape. I don't know about the show's timeline but she was just out of the foster system so she was 18. (EDIT: I just checked and Emma was 16 when she became independent and two years later she met Neal so she was 18).

And Neal isn't "old". Neal is supposed to be just three or four years older than Emma.

And please stop with the rape talk. It always bring trouble. And I said the exact same thing when people were calling Hook a rapist.
Ok first of all please calm down, I said my opinion as someone else said about Hook
Yes she was underage, Henry was 10 at her 28 birthday, he's 11 now from the sneak peek not sure if she's had her 29th birthday but that makes her 17 when she got pregnant. He is also 6-7 years older than her. He was born in 1977 as per flyer. And yes it is a statutory rape, NOT RAPE, I never called it rape, statutory rape is whole thing different, why take my words out of context? Which I personally find not appealing that's all? I don't hate Neal nor did I actually bash him, merely stated this and yeah, big deal, some find it okay some don't. I'm one of those that don't and this is my opinion just as everyone else allowed to have theirs.

That's all. Don't worry I'm not going to be coming back here.

"I will always find you."
Old 01-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessB (View Post)
Ok first of all please calm down, I said my opinion as someone else said about Hook
Yes she was underage, Henry was 10 at her 28 birthday, he's 11 now from the sneak peek not sure if she's had her 29th birthday but that makes her 17 when she got pregnant. He is also 6-7 years older than her. He was born in 1977 as per flyer. And yes it is a statutory rape, NOT RAPE, I never called it rape, statutory rape is whole thing different, why take my words out of context? Which I personally find not appealing that's all? I don't hate Neal nor did I actually bash him, merely stated this and yeah, big deal, some find it okay some don't. I'm one of those that don't and this is my opinion just as everyone else allowed to have theirs.

That's all. Don't worry I'm not going to be coming back here.
Like I said before I wasn't trying to start a fight or anything like that. You shouldn't take things personal because I wasn't trying to offend you. I was just trying to clarify something.

Then the timeline is very messed up because the descriptions said she became independent at 16 and met Neal two years later. Also I seriously doubt a disney show would have something like statutory rape.