Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Total Fan

I'm glad too, but at the same time still understand the others reactions. I'm loving Regina's redemption arc, but I'd love it more if she actually apologised to Snow for all that she did. Without that, I don't know... just doing it all for Henry isn't enough IMO.

Harry x Ginny | Snow x Charming | Neal x Emma | Castle x Beckett | Clark x Lois
Tumblr
Old 01-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

Loving those sneak peeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamFez (View Post)
I'm glad too, but at the same time still understand the others reactions. I'm loving Regina's redemption arc, but I'd love it more if she actually apologised to Snow for all that she did. Without that, I don't know... just doing it all for Henry isn't enough IMO.
Agree! That's the biggest step left for her to do!
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

"I invited her." Swan Queen for the win on that clip!! I cannot wait to see this episode and I do enjoy this spoiler thread and lurking through, because it is spoilers but also theories..and specs....and i love it all!!

Mel

also: SO STOKED TO SEE JORGE!! AAANDDD ROSE as Cora, so fitting!!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamFez (View Post)
That's exactly what I'd like to see. The least Regina could do is apologies to Snow and Charming and the dwarfs and the other innocent souls who suffered because of her personal aim to gain happiness. Yes, it is noble of Emma to invite her, but I have the feeling that (probably because of Lana's marvelous acting ) a lot of fans seem to miss the point that the former Evil Queen pretty much destroyed Snow's life and not long ago the present Regina sent MM into prison for a crime she never did...
And now just because Regina was not invited to dinner after she did one aiding movement and saved Emma/Snow because of Henry (that's the point!). Yes of course through the whole episode of "Queen of Hearts" (and partly in the previous ones) you could tell that she was trying to change, that she was trying to do the right thing, but from her point of view and how I look at the happenings and character development on her part it always seems to be because she wanted to please Henry, pretty much the only person she truly cares about, she truly loves. The ladder of redemption is tough to climb and only in small steps, that I know. But I really think that Regina, if not apologizing, in some way has to make amends for the damage she did - and that not only towards the Charmings. I believe the right moment to do so will arrive, I hope it will because it definitely would be so sob-worthy to watch...

ETA, Oh and thank you for bringing all the sneaks!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Absolute Fan

Agree with you guys. I want to see Regina actually apologize to some of the people she wronged. Particularly The Charmings and Belle.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

I totally agree with all those posts above about Regina ^
After everything she's done and the things she's pulled everyone through, she needs more than just try to change. She needs to start showing those she hurt that she is changing!
DA OUAT PLL THG
Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonHummingbird (View Post)
That's exactly what I'd like to see. The least Regina could do is apologies to Snow and Charming and the dwarfs and the other innocent souls who suffered because of her personal aim to gain happiness. Yes, it is noble of Emma to invite her, but I have the feeling that (probably because of Lana's marvelous acting ) a lot of fans seem to miss the point that the former Evil Queen pretty much destroyed Snow's life and not long ago the present Regina sent MM into prison for a crime she never did...
And now just because Regina was not invited to dinner after she did one aiding movement and saved Emma/Snow because of Henry (that's the point!). Yes of course through the whole episode of "Queen of Hearts" (and partly in the previous ones) you could tell that she was trying to change, that she was trying to do the right thing, but from her point of view and how I look at the happenings and character development on her part it always seems to be because she wanted to please Henry, pretty much the only person she truly cares about, she truly loves. The ladder of redemption is tough to climb and only in small steps, that I know. But I really think that Regina, if not apologizing, in some way has to make amends for the damage she did - and that not only towards the Charmings. I believe the right moment to do so will arrive, I hope it will because it definitely would be so sob-worthy to watch...

ETA, Oh and thank you for bringing all the sneaks!
Oh, I'm well aware that Regina has a lot to make up for. But it has to start somewhere. I'm glad Emma has extended a peace offering; she has a better chance of helping Regina move toward redemption than Snow does because there is less history between them. Hopefully one day Snow will receive an apology, but it won't happen until Regina begins to feel more confident to show vulnerability around other people. This would be a start.

And this invitation isn't just about Regina, it's also about Henry. Regina is Henry's legal mother, and it serves no purpose to alienate her. Emma also wouldn't want to teach Henry that it's okay to be ungrateful or uncivil for someone's help even if the person who did you a favor is someone who has done bad things in the past.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Honestly, I'm really struggling with the breakneck speed of this Regina redemption arc, like to the point where it's dampening my enjoyment of the rest of the show. Snow is under NO obligation to ever be in the same room as Regina ever again. She didn't do anything wrong- she was a child manipulated by a sociopath. She hasn't deserved one ounce of the hatred or violence Regina has thrown at her, and still Regina spent years ruining her life. Regina murdered her father, repeatedly tried to kill her, and is responsible for separating her from her husband and child for 28 years. I actually don't think it's cool that Emma invited her, and sprung it on Snow and Charming like that. One good act doesn't even put a drop in the bucket in terms of making up for what Regina has done to Snow, and to all of them really. I just find this incredibly rushed and forced, and I'm really going to be irritated if Snow and Regina are teaming up by the end of the season because I don't think the severity of Regina's crimes are being acknowledged here- I wasn't sure I could ever buy a Regina redemption arc, but I'm definitely struggling with this rush job on it.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't need an apology from the Evil Queen (Regina) to the others. Words don't change anything. Deeds do.
She cannot bring back the years, right all the wrongs. It was too much! She can never make it right again. But she can start somewhere. It can start with being a better person for Henry. And when she sees that changing for him can make her feel better and it can make her have better relationships with people if they see that she is trying maybe she will see that being good is also better for herself.
Regina is at the beginning. It is a long way to redemption. Every journey starts with a first step. She is making first steps.
I like her story very much this season. It is slow and I can feel for her because it is hard for her to change. It is realistic and it is right that the others don't forget that she was the Evil Queen. Change is slow for Regina, it is also slow for the others. She has to earn it for the others to see her different. But it is right what Emma does too. That she gives her a chance and that she recognizes that Regina did a good thing when she saved her and Snow White.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Bringing this over from KSite TV, who went to the winter screening:

Quote:
BOSSES TEASE CHARACTER RELATIONSHIPS

KSiteTV was one of the media outlets that just returned from a screening of Sunday’s all new episode of Once Upon A Time, which airs on January 6. The episode, which is called “The Cricket Game,” sees Regina accused of killing one of Storybrooke’s most beloved residents. Meanwhile, in fairy tale land, we see how folks react to whether or not the Evil Queen can be redeemed. New menace hits town as Cora and Hook make their way to the port.
Following the screening, the group of us spoke with Executive Producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis with clues for what’s coming next — including details on beloved character relationships. For starters, how will things change for Snow White and Prince Charming now that they have 28 years to catch up on?
“It’s fun to see them together again,” Kistis says. “I think, for us, they are figuring out their new role, being together, being in Storybrooke, and being Emma’s parents, even though they’re the same age,” he adds.
“The first part of the season was them kind of coming to terms with [how] the memories are back and all that,” Adam Horowitz explains. “Now, going forward, it’s ‘what does this mean being a family? What does it mean, being in this world with these memories and with this new, strange familial relationship, and what do we want now?’ What does that mean with all of these circumstances that are completely different from anything they ever expected?” he posits.
Beyond the Charming family dynamic, the producers also fielded questions about romance, particularly the one that might involve Emma and Captain Hook, who had some sparks earlier this season. “I think its hard to deny the handsomeness of Hook, and I think the real question is, is he going to lose the guy liner in Storybrooke, and the answer is no,” Kitsis reveals, although warning that Hook isn’t Emma’s only suitor. “Emma is going to find herself with a few choices this season, and I think that, [like] in all life, there are people that are right for you, and there are the people that are wrong for you, and then there are the people that you just choose, and I think Emma’s going to face all of those things,” he says.
“The love of Emma’s life last year was Henry, and this year, we actually met the one person she’s fallen in love with. So, Hook is obviously eye candy. I don’t know if she would stare at him and think he would be a good father to Henry, but he might be fun in Vegas. What’s interesting about Emma is that now that she’s found her family, now that the shock of ‘they’re the same age as me’ has worn off, they’re starting to become a family, and she’s starting to settle down, and a lot of the anger and the walls that she’s put up throughout her life are going to maybe be able to broken, but not as quickly as you’d like. There’s still healing to do, but I think that includes her heart, so it’s a matter of who wins it,” he continues. And on the subject of Emma’s past loves, might we see Henry meeting his father this year? “I would be really disappointed if we went through the season and we didn’t show that. That would suck,” Kitsis says.
Another familial relationship that will be revisited within the first five episodes of 2013 is the one between Mr. Gold and his long-lost son, Baelfire. Adam Horowitz insists that it will be dealt with “pretty quickly” and that Gold is “pretty determined.”
x
Old 01-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Absolute Fan

So Bae/Rumple revisited in within the first 5 episodes? More evidence Neal is Bae since we know Gold, Henry, and Emma run into Neal in episode 14.

They're clearly implying Neal is still going to want to be with Emma.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Total Fan

I'm doing cartwheels! So I'll be stunned if Neal isn't Bae now! Plus it looks like we might still get Neal and Emma in the future.

Harry x Ginny | Snow x Charming | Neal x Emma | Castle x Beckett | Clark x Lois
Tumblr
Old 01-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
Honestly, I'm really struggling with the breakneck speed of this Regina redemption arc, like to the point where it's dampening my enjoyment of the rest of the show. Snow is under NO obligation to ever be in the same room as Regina ever again. She didn't do anything wrong- she was a child manipulated by a sociopath. She hasn't deserved one ounce of the hatred or violence Regina has thrown at her, and still Regina spent years ruining her life. Regina murdered her father, repeatedly tried to kill her, and is responsible for separating her from her husband and child for 28 years. I actually don't think it's cool that Emma invited her, and sprung it on Snow and Charming like that. One good act doesn't even put a drop in the bucket in terms of making up for what Regina has done to Snow, and to all of them really. I just find this incredibly rushed and forced, and I'm really going to be irritated if Snow and Regina are teaming up by the end of the season because I don't think the severity of Regina's crimes are being acknowledged here- I wasn't sure I could ever buy a Regina redemption arc, but I'm definitely struggling with this rush job on it.
I keep wondering if Emma did 2+2 yet and realised Regina killed Graham... just doesn't seem right this is never ever referred and we gathered that Graham was important to Emma.

"I will always find you."
Old 01-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I'd also like that addressed- I won't be satisfied with any redemption arc that doesn't acknowledge that Regina raped and murdered Graham, because that was arguably the most appalling thing we saw her do onscreen.

I'd be surprised if Neal wasn't Baelfire at this point, but I've been wrong before, lol. The jury is still out on whether or not I want him to be Emma's OTP, but I'm open to it.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for all the new info guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
This is exactly how I feel about all of this, though it hasn't reach the point that it has dampened my enjoyment of the rest of the show.

Also we got a little info about Lesley Nicol's character.

Quote:
Once Upon a Time‘s already internationally flavoured cast is adding another dash of British flair, via Downton Abbey‘s Lesley Nicol.

TVLine has learned that the Manchester-born actress, who plays beloved head cook Mrs. Patmore on the acclaimed PBS series, will guest-star on ABC’s fantastical drama later this season as someone who “has a special connection to the Snow White family.”
Once Upon a Time Season 2 Cast — Downton Abbey’s Lesley Nicol - TVLine
Closed Thread   Post New Thread