Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthea (View Post)
TFTNT

In Latin, heart is Cor, and in other languages (descending from Latin), the word is similar. In Spanish, heart is corazón, and in italian is cuore.

Also in the "stable boy"
Regina talks about Cora with Daniel and she says something like: "No one mess with her tea time"
And in "catalan", another language in Spain, heart is COR, as in latin.
So I bet they called Cora like this for that.
As Regina-Reina-Queen
Old 12-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oicaxf (View Post)
And in "catalan", another language in Spain, heart is COR, as in latin.
So I bet they called Cora like this for that.
As Regina-Reina-Queen
And in latin "Regina" is the correct translation. Just learned that last week in one of my early vocabulary lessons.
But yeah, it's quite interesting how the writers choose to pick the names. In most cases that's not a random choice, for sure.

Anyway, I really do hope it's a note from Rumple as well. Although the other way round would make more sense, since Cora has control over Aurora and as we got a glimpse from that promo, they are getting captured just a few seconds later, but I'd really love it if they discover a message from Rumple...if Cora/Hook already possess the ink, maybe they could have a secret advancement at least through that note.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthea (View Post)
TFTNT

In Latin, heart is Cor, and in other languages (descending from Latin), the word is similar. In Spanish, heart is corazón, and in italian is cuore.

Also in the "stable boy"
Regina talks about Cora with Daniel and she says something like: "No one mess with her tea time"
Thanks for the explanation! Actually, I was thinking about it after Stable Boy, but soon I forgot it as I was not a fan of Regina and her story. Now I just wanna know how Henry Sr. was brought to Wonderland and transformed into a puff hidden in a box.

Now, let me bring up my theory of seasonal theme to explain the plot around Emma, starting with a conclusion about the last season, which is interesting, bold and plausible. I've posted it on tumblr, here I share it. In the pilot, after Emma crashes her car into the sign, the wind riffles through Henry’s book, showing the Flying Monkeys and the Caterpillar on a huge mushroom, which were pages of the Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland. Despite of Hat Trick, I can tell you that the entire season 1 was an eccentric play of Alice in Wonderland, with Emma as Alice, Henry as the White Rabbit who brought his mom on board, the little town as Wonderland where she started from zero, Mary as the Mad Hatter to Emma instead of Jefferson, and foremost, the battle of Emma slaying Maleficent in shape of dragon as Alice vs. Jabberwocky. Likewise, this season is a special version of Oz! With Emma as Dorothy, Snow as Toto, Mulan as the scarecrow who only follows orders, Aurora as the Tin Man bereft of heart! For now, I’m not 100% sure about other matches, but I will get it. I compared Mary to Toto in regard of companionship. You know, the doggie was Dorothy's one and only mate from home, and the same was true to Mary, who followed Emma into the vortex. In the Doctor, Jefferson mentioned that he can’t find the SLIPPERS, which must be referred to Dorothy’s ruby slippers that would provide her a safe ride to home by three knocks on the heel. That is a hint, and also a proof. Emma and her mom won’t be able to get home until they find that magical pair of shoes.

This is a long, tough journey that makes me doubt if Emma and her mom can go back to SB tonight, or immediately head back to FTL after Snow presses her true love kiss on Charming's lips. On their way to the Emerald City, perhaps the gals have just passed the village of Munchkin and not reached the first brick of the yellow pavement yet. Speaking of which, that "safe haven" was obviously the village wherein the refugees were Munchkins, Cora the Wicked Witch of the East, Lancelot the Good Witch of the North, and the magical wardrobe a safe ride to home. The difference was that Lancelot's blessing was given to Emma's parents in a flashback, while at present time of FTL, the knight had already been killed and replaced by the most wicked witch of all. And the wardrobe? Gone! Burnt into ashes and, unfortunately, collected by Cora.

About the Cowardly Lion, I suppose the ladies haven't met him yet. I used to think that he might be Hook, which seems impossible now. The Captain doesn't even fear death, as if the one and only cause in his life is a bloody revenge against Rumple, and he and Cora are on the same boat now, working together to snatch the compass.

By the progression of this season whereof only one third is done thus far, I'm afraid those are all I've figured out and any further guesses would be presumptuous. Hopefully my theory could enlighten you to see things differently as effective as the secret in August's box.

Last edited by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus; 12-02-2012 at 05:16 PM
Old 12-02-2012, 07:03 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT and the new promo

Tonight's episode seems really, really cool!!!
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Extreme Fan

^ Agree! It's the midseason finale, so it better be cool.
I think we'll get lots of surprises tonight and maybe a huge cliffhanger...it's like tonight's pre-Christmas Christmas!

@I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus Great theory you got there. I can see that fitting for both season, though the second one hasn't been explored thoroughly yet. But the first season definitely fits on being "Alice in Wonderland" themed.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

I like the theory too, can't wait for tonight
Old 12-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

I can't believe the midseason finale is here already.

I hope the cliffhanger isn't so bad. I hate waiting
Old 12-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Extreme Fan

At least it's just the short hiatus and Christmas is in between so I'm fine with it, since I can better concentrate on university work then ...the summer hiatus is the worst imo. And it feels like eternity till it's over and the new season starts.

So, what do you guys expect to happen in today's finale?
Old 12-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus

I agree with your theory about season one, also I remember Jennifer Morrison comparing Emma to Alice. But I am really wishing and hoping, Emma and Snow return home today, I want a charming family reunion.

I just found this interview:

Barbara Hershey Reveals Cora's Softer Side | ETonline.com

I can´t see a softer side of Cora.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Elite Fan

I think Cora was probably a better person when she was young before she got her magic and became so ambitious. They have said a lot of times in this show that evil isn't born, it's made.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Extreme Fan

^ I think that's a very twisted topic. As Barbara Hershey is talking about the view of Cora, you can safely say that she - Cora - believes she's a good person and reaches the right decision. Just as RC explained it in his latest interview, that the evil people don't consider themselves as being "evil" in the first place by hurting others or damaging lives for reaching their allegedly noble goals or trying to succeed in creating happiness, for themselves or for others. I believe that you can transfer this aspect on every villain we have on the show. In Cora's case it's actually quite manifest, even though kind of creepy when you think about how she could embrace her daughter after a long time of seperation, as if nothing happened and Regina is all stunned and afraid ...
We met Cora as an overly selfish but as it seems to me excessively dedicated mother ("dedicated" - because she always decided the paths of Regina's life and allegorically in which direction the branches should grow, because she believed it was for her daughters good, but also for her own) , who doesn't intend to hurt her daughter in the first place, but wants her - actually forces her - to have a life of wealth that she could never have and thus confuses of what's actually within the meaning of her daughter's well-being and her own megalomaniac visions...
Old 12-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Has there been any news of Jefferson coming back? Him and Emma had such great chemistry I was hoping they were going to explore that, but it looks like that was just a fluke. If they are setting Emma up with any guest star it looks like it might be Hook. (I like him a lot too..but I'm not sure he is as charismatic as SS.

~Katie~
Old 12-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

Sebastian is doing a play and in March he will start filming Cap 2. I think we won't see Jefferson until next season
Old 12-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonHummingbird (View Post)
So, what do you guys expect to happen in today's finale?

Honestly, I got nothing
Closed Thread   Post New Thread