Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Hypothetical

What If Rumpel is a pawn too ( like Regina is ) and somebody wanted him to become the next Dark One and to create a reason for him to create the Dark Curse, who do you think that person would be.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUAT12 (View Post)
What If Rumpel is a pawn too ( like Regina is ) and somebody wanted him to become the next Dark One and to create a reason for him to create the Dark Curse, who do you think that person would be.
That's too repetitive. We already found out in Season 1 that Regina and the others were all just pawns of Rumple. It would be stupid (and inconsistent plot-wise) to repeat that and reveal that Rumple is also a pawn. Besides, if they did that, where does it stop? Is that new person behind the scenes also a pawn of another higher/more powerful being? Etc.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
They've already established that the curse of the Dark One has messed with Rumple's brain. We also know that its magic didn't originate in FTL. Since then, we've seen how the Dark One's dagger can be used to summon an undead, soul sucking monster - and we've been told that such things are pretty common right now in FTL.

Whoever or whatever made the dagger - and whether or not that person/entity/whatever is still around - there seems to have been a point to making the Dark One, whether or not Rumple was the intended result.

As for Regina, the question at this point is whether what he got was what he wanted.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Rumple was forced to go there because he had no other choices. I understand his decision of being the Dark One, but I blame him on his impulsive stab to kill Zoso. He could've known who Zoso really was if he had left him alive longer.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Choate (View Post)
So excited for Hook. I think he's going to be a special character.

Late chiming in on the discussion from the other day about whether Rumple knew about Henry and that's why he adopted him and such. I think he had to know. But my question would be if he knew such things then wouldn't he know who the father is too? I mean he would certainly not give his grandson to Regina to raise right?
That's what I think Either Gold knew who the father was (he didn't need to know Emma's name for that ), either when he created the curse, he created a magical link to Emma when she would have Henry in order to find him and bring him somehow to Regina.

I definitely won't accept that it happened randomly and that Gold just happened to pick Henry out of all the other kids, it wouldn't make sense, and his smile in 1x02 really makes me think that he "wanted all this to happen" like Regina told him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenachan (View Post)
The writers have said that he didn't know, so I think we're supposed to go with that. He only remembered when Emma came to Storybrooke. Anyway, from a character point of view, I'm 100% sure that he would NEVER give his grandson to Regina.

From the pics: Rumple doesn't seem to be threatening Hook. He's telling him something. So, maybe he tricks Hook somehow?
It looks more to me like he'll be tricking Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaine (View Post)
They've already established that the curse of the Dark One has messed with Rumple's brain. We also know that its magic didn't originate in FTL. Since then, we've seen how the Dark One's dagger can be used to summon an undead, soul sucking monster - and we've been told that such things are pretty common right now in FTL.

Whoever or whatever made the dagger - and whether or not that person/entity/whatever is still around - there seems to have been a point to making the Dark One, whether or not Rumple was the intended result.

As for Regina, the question at this point is whether what he got was what he wanted.
I agree There's surely someone behing the "Dark One curse" it didn't just start on its own
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

One cool thing about episode 4 is that I completely see a parallel between the Rumple/wife storyline and the Rumbelle storyline.

Clearly Rumple thinks his wife was abducted and goes about trying to rescue her…….of course he’ll find out that she went willingly and has no interest in returning to him and their baby boy. I suspect he and Belle have some sort of blow out very early in the episode (has to be early to set up the reset) and she walks out (doesn’t leave him, just perhaps leaves the house for awhile). Gold probably thinks that, like his former wife, she’s left him – but of course he needs to find her anyway. What he’s likely to find out is that Belle, despite her threat, of course does not want to leave him. I kind of think this might be a watershed moment for them both; crisis situations like this tend to make people realize what’s really important to them. I would really at this point love Gold to tell Belle about Bae; I think she would love Bae because he’s a part of his father (I feel in real life that this is how step parents should be as well; it doesn’t work any other way). If he doesn’t tell her, then I don’t see how she can support him or even really be a partner to him.

Obviously the reunion will be cool, not just because I so want to see Belle and Gold running into each other’s arms (or something like that), but because Red and Charming would probably be like “wow”, lol. Charming might at that point remember that this is the true love that Gold/Rumple mentioned to him/David more than once.

Emilie was wearing a new dress when we saw a photo of her at that night shooting, so I’m guessing that Gold zaps her into a new outfit simply because she can’t bear being in that blue dress anymore. I admit I’m hoping HARD that the nighty scene happens when they get home, when they presumably are emotional and have reconciled. I don’t want it to happen early, lol.

On one blog, someone pointed out that Gold and Belle are wearing matching outfits, lol. Her blue dress, his blue shirt; her maroon shoes, his maroon tie. I can’t believe that’s a coincidence, lol
Old 10-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

I have no idea if this was already post here, since i haven´t read all the posts .

When will Regina learn about her true origin on Once Upon a Time? — Sam
NATALIE: Oh, that Regina is the child promised to Rumplestiltskin? They haven't filmed it yet, says Lana Parrilla. "At this point, Regina doesn't have the knowledge that she is the child. There is a hint that he has held her as a baby and she's kind of freaked-out." Still, Regina has other things to worry about considering she needs to turn her attention to rescuing Emma and Snow. "There's conflicting feelings around Emma and Mary Margaret being gone," Parrilla says. "There's celebratory moments typically, and then, 'OMG, without them, I still don't have Henry. I need them in order to have a relationship with Henry.'" So look for that to heat up now that Henry's been left to live with Grandpa Charming.

More

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 10-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Addicted Fan

This means that both Regina and Rumpel have reason to bring Emma and Snow back to Storybrooke.

Rumpel need of Emma because he can not leave Storybrooke, but Emma can? Emma still need to pay the favor she owes Rumpel...

And Henry would only return to connect with Regina if she brings the biological mother and grandmother back?

Maybe theories ... but does Regina and Rumpel, will try to help Charming, bring Emma and Snow back to Storybrooke?

Last edited by lovebird; 10-10-2012 at 08:43 AM
Old 10-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for that Ilda, I never read it before

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebird (View Post)
This means that both Regina and Rumpel have reason to bring Emma and Snow back to Storybrooke.

Rumpel need of Emma because he can not leave Storybrooke, but Emma can?

And Henry would only return to connect with Regina if she brings the biological mother and grandmother back?

Maybe theories ... but does Regina and Rumpel, will try to help Charming, bring Emma and Snow back to Storybrooke?
You're right It seems both Regina & Rumple need Emma back now, for different reasons obviously ^^

Also Emma still owes Gold that favor... But it surely will have to do with her crossing the border to get Bae now

I think Regina & Rumple will have to work together eventhough they do not like it
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

No problem, Eliza .

Not only Emma owns him a favor but she also "finds" people .

Regina and Rumple working together...that´s gonna be interesting.

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 10-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Mirror (View Post)
That's too repetitive. We already found out in Season 1 that Regina and the others were all just pawns of Rumple. It would be stupid (and inconsistent plot-wise) to repeat that and reveal that Rumple is also a pawn. Besides, if they did that, where does it stop? Is that new person behind the scenes also a pawn of another higher/more powerful being? Etc.
Uh...yeah. You can't have the same villains for the next 5 or 6 seasons.
All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup
She's gone forever. She's never coming back. And it's your fault
Old 10-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl9890 (View Post)
Uh...yeah. You can't have the same villains for the next 5 or 6 seasons.
Yeah, especially when they keep lessening the threat Rumpel and Regina pose to the Charmings. Charming is coming around to Regina, and he just made a deal with Rumpel promising to stay out of his way. Then add on top of that, we have photos suggesting that Charming is going to help Rumpel find Belle. That isn't particularly shocking considering Charming is a good guy and he'd help anyone in danger. But it highlights how the writers are lessesing Rumpel and Regina's threat to the Charmings.

And now, we have Cora and Hook coming into the mix. It looks like the writers are setting us up for new villains. You can't have the same villains for 6 or 7 seasons.

I agree that Rumpel and Regina will never be "the good guys," but there's definitely more villains to come.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Looking Glass (View Post)
Yeah, especially when they keep lessening the threat Rumpel and Regina pose to the Charmings. Charming is coming around to Regina, and he just made a deal with Rumpel promising to stay out of his way. Then add on top of that, we have photos suggesting that Charming is going to help Rumpel find Belle. That isn't particularly shocking considering Charming is a good guy and he'd help anyone in danger. But it highlights how the writers are lessesing Rumpel and Regina's threat to the Charmings.

And now, we have Cora and Hook coming into the mix. It looks like the writers are setting us up for new villains. You can't have the same villains for 6 or 7 seasons.

I agree that Rumpel and Regina will never be "the good guys," but there's definitely more villains to come.
I don't think this season will mark the end of Regina and Rumpelstiltskin as villains. I think that even if one or both of them stops doing completely evil acts for a while, they will turn back to dark magic eventually. Even if they resort back to their dark ways in a brief moment of desperation, it automatically makes them a threat to everyone around them.

I don't think Charming is coming around to Regina at all. As far as I can tell, he still probably regrets helping her escape the wraith. Regina also made a promise to Henry to be a better person and earn his love, but she still kept her book of evil spells. I think that's a big clue that later in the season she is going to get desperate and turn back to her evil ways.

And that deal Charming made with Rumpelstiltskin is definitely not going to hold. It'll probably only be a few episodes before they are sabotaging each other again. I also think that Charming isn't so much going to help Rumpelstiltskin find Belle, as he is going to try to save a kidnapped girl. Helping Rumpelstiltskin is probably very low on his list of priorities.

I agree though that new villains coming into the mix are necessary and keep things interesting, but I don't think they will serve as replacements to Regina and Rumpelstiltskin.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

Bobby has already come out and said that Gold’s quest for power is only motivated by one thing: to find Bae. He obviously does not believe, nor do I, that he is on some huge quest for power just for it’s own sake. IMO, once Bae is here and presumably teaming up with Regina (I hope so. One because it’s dramatic and two, they are really pushing Regina’s redemption down our throats and I don’t like it) to take his father down, Gold’s main issues will be trying to reconcile with his son.

I also don’t see Gold working with Regina anytime soon. First of all, we know from Emilie’s comments at CC that Gold is still livid, furious, etc… with Regina – and that sort of rubs off on her (finally, I can’t wait to see Belle being justifiably incensed). More practically, based on spoilers, Gold appears to be working on a new plan to get Bae – because the spoilers indicate he’s got a push-pull thing going on, between finding a balance between committing himself to this new plan completely and winning her heart (don’t know if that means more romancing or just basically ensuring that he doesn’t neglect her in his need to complete this plan). IF Emma figures into this at all, I do not think it will be until later in the season.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Ultimate Fan

Plus Jennifer said Hook is gonna be sort of helping Emma, so who the heck is gonna be the villain at this point? Cora? But she only wanted Regina to be queen, she didn't want to hurt people
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Closed Thread   Post New Thread