Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2012, 05:17 AM
Elite Fan

Once Upon A Time S&S #32: Because we can't wait for what's to come!

CAST

Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan
Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret
Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/John Doe/David
Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold
Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina
Jared Gilmore as Henry
Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby
Emilie de Ravin as Belle

CREW
Adam Horowitz, executive producer and writer
Jane Espenson, writer
Liz Tigelaar, writer
Andrew Chambliss, writer

promotional pictures of the cast
Comic Con Posters
Show Posters (with the new show logo)

Master storytellers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz ("Lost," "Tron: Legacy") invite everyone to brace themselves for a modern fairytale with thrilling twists and hints of darkness, brimming with wonder and filled with the magic of our most beloved stories.

And they lived happily ever after... or so everyone was led to believe. Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison, "House") knows how to take care of herself. She's a 28-year-old bail bondsperson who's been on her own ever since she was abandoned as a baby. But when Henry (Jared Gilmore, "Mad Men") -- the son she gave up years ago -- finds her, everything changes. Henry is now 10 years old and in desperate need of Emma's help. He believes that Emma actually comes from an alternate world, and that she's Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin, "Big Love") and Prince Charming's (Josh Dallas) missing daughter. According to his book of fairytales, they sent her away to protect her from the Evil Queen's (Lana Parrilla) curse, which trapped the characters of fairytale world forever, frozen in time, and brought them into our modern world.

Of course Emma doesn't believe a word, but when she brings Henry back to Storybrooke, she finds herself drawn to this unusual boy and his strange New England town. Concerned for him, she decides to stay for a while, but she soon suspects that Storybrooke is more than it seems. It's a place where magic has been forgotten -- but is still powerfully close -- where fairytale characters are alive, even though they don't remember who they once were, and where the Evil Queen, known as Regina, is now Henry's foster mother.

In order to understand where the fairytale world's former inhabitants came from, and what ultimately led to the Evil Queen's wrath, you'll need a glimpse into their previous lives to learn their origins. But it might just turn everything you've ever believed about these characters upside-down.

Meanwhile, the epic battle for the future of all worlds is about to begin. For good to win, Emma will have to accept her destiny and fight like hell.

UPCOMING EPISODES
2.1 Broken (Source)

• Once Upon a time is in Studio today...Meghan Ory and David Anders will be filming today ‪#OUAT‬ ‪#yvrshoots‬ @olv (Source)
  • Regina, Charming, Henry, Red, Jiminy, Gepetto, Dr. Whale, Blue fairy and all of ‪#Team7‬ on set today. ‪#OnceUponATime (Source)
  • #OnceUponATime‬ filming at Regina's house in New West tomorrow ‪#yvrshoots (Source)

• Once Upon a Time is giving actor Colin O’Donoghue the Hook! The ABC drama has tapped the Irish thesp to join the Season 2 cast in the potentially recurring role of Captain Hook, TVLine has confirmed. A handsome, fearsome and confident pirate ship captain, Hook relishes every challenge and never backs down from a fight, whether the reward is power, riches, or women. He possesses the meticulous style and old-school manners of a proper gentleman, but beneath that veneer lies a vindictive enemy who will not rest until all his enemies have been defeated… and humiliated. Source

CASTING & GUEST STARS
  • Cora will be back in season 2
  • Jamie Chung has been cast as Mulan "Magnolia" and Sarah Bolger has been cast as Aurora "Anastasia" and will be season two's new recurring stars. Source, Source
  • There’s a new prince coming to Storybrooke. Pretty Little Liars actor Julian Morris is set to play a noble royal in a guest star role on ABC’s Once Upon a Time.
    The British actor will play Prince Phillip, the prince who’s seeking to awaken Sleeping Beauty (Sarah Bolger). He’s described as a man who’s traveled from a kingdom that’s in decline. He’s described as a young, skilled warrior and selfless hero who’s the veteran of many tough journeys. Morris also plays Wren Kingston on ABC Family’s Liars and he’s also had previous arcs on Fox’s 24 and NBC’s ER.(Source)
  • For Once Upon a Time, the role of [JACK] is being cast (as a "guest role with option"). He's in his 20s or 30s, charismatic, sexy and mysterious, but also loyal and kind, and he's running from his past in a land full of danger. (Source) Get ready to meet Jack -- as in, the one with the beanstalk. This is a guy who carries some serious emotional damage with him as he runs from his past in an unimaginably dangerous land. He's got some serious swagger, but he always keeps people at an arm's length. (Source)
  • Sinqua Walls, who as of late has been recurring on MTV’s Teen Wolf as pack member Boyd, has been cast on ABC’s fantastical sophomore drama as Sir Lancelot, TVLine has learned exclusively. I’m hearing that Once Upon a Time will introduce Lancelot as a “sword for hire with nothing to lose,” a onetime proud member of King Arthur’s Round Table who has since been banished, tearing him away from his true love (Queen Guinevere, as lore tells us). (Source)
  • Two more guest roles are being cast for episode 2.04, the one with Captain Hook.
    Milha, a woman who's often at her village's tavern and is bored with being a wife and mother. Yearning for adventure, she joins a band of thieves.
    Beaman, a criminal who deals in stolen antiques. This role may be recurring.(Source)
  • Michael Raymond-James is coming on board the second season of the hit fantasy drama in a recurring role as …Actually, we’re not certain yet. Sources will only say he’s playing a “mysterious new character”. (Source)

SET PICS
Magazines and Press

SEASON 2 SPOILERS
  • We will find out Dr Whale’s identity.
  • We will meet Ariel.
  • We will find out about the book and who wrote it.
  • There are “major plans” for Cora this season (possible 3-episode arc)
  • We'll learn Charming's real name.
  • @BaileeMadison I hope that means little snow will be returning to ‪#ouat‬! -YES, she is!!! I've never been more excited!!!! @FanOncer (Source)
  • _serenachan: any news on the Mad Hatter from Once Upon a Time?
    Showrunner Edward Kitsis was pretty tight-lipped about season two, but did say fans will "absolutely" see Sebastian Stan in season two, so Jefferson/Mad Hatter's story is far from over. Small victories, people! (Source)
  • Question: I have a burning Once Upon a Time question — was the outside world affected when the curse was broken? —Jen
    Ausiello: That’s what EP Adam Horowitz referred to as “an excellent question” when it was lobbed to him at Comic-Con over the weekend.
    “I think the best way to answer that,” he responded, “is to say that that will be explicated rather quickly.” Explicate: To analyze and develop (an idea or principle) in detail. (Source)
  • Question: Any scoop on August from Once Upon a Time? Please don’t say they’re not bringing him back. —Rae
    Ausiello: “We are definitely going to tell what happened to Pinocchio,” EP Edward Kitsis assured us at Con. “The last we saw, he was wood.”
    Added Horowitz: “We gotta figure out what happened to him. We started the story and we intend to finish it.” (source)
  • Can't wait for Once Upon a Time to return. What's coming up? —Alan
    NATALIE: Next season is all about redemption — especially considering people have done some pretty messed-up things in fairy tale land they'll now remember in Storybrooke. "Archie, for example, who is Jiminy Cricket, is a conscience, but for 28 years, he's forgotten the fact that he turned Gepetto's parents into puppets," executive producer Edward Kitsis says. "Those puppets are hanging in Mr. Gold's shop, so what happens when you're confronted with your past now? There's a lot of loss, regret and redemption for these characters to find." (Source)
  • Now the fairytale characters must contend with magic in their quest to find a way home, as new fairytale characters are revealed, old acquaintances are revisited, and some we had come to believe could be trusted will turn against their own kind. (Source)

OTHER SPOILERS

Last edited by Jakls; 08-15-2012 at 05:14 AM
Old 08-12-2012, 06:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT!

To bring over the reply I was about to post in the last thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl
I understand why Rumpel is the beast too and for me that worked. But I don't want all the characters to be 2 characters instead of just one.
I loved Rumple being the beast, I think that it took it back to the point of the original story really nicely. BUT, the only reason I think it worked so well was because Rumple is meant to be at least a couple of hundred years old, if not more.

I don't think that it would work for any other character. Also they've used that play once, I don't think they're likely to use it again.

I am a little concerned about them involving Lancelot, because it's another adultery storyline. Just because it's True Love doesn't mean that adultery is right.

On the other hand, he might become a friend in SB exactly because Charming and Snow did the same thing, so they understand.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Lancelot's story is also about the cost of adultery. Between them, he and Guinevere destroy Arthur and his dream.

To me, the hints they've given suggest this is Lancelot after Camelot fell. He might be a contrast to the characters who gave all for true love.

Also, they said that one of the main themes of last year was, "All magic comes with a price." This year, they said the focus would be more on, "What price are you willing to pay?"

If it's Lancelot after Camelot's fall, we're talking about a guy who paid too high a price.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:46 AM
Supreme Fan

TFTNT!
All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup
She's gone forever. She's never coming back. And it's your fault
Old 08-12-2012, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread Jakls!

I don't think what happen with David/Charming and Mary/Snow can be compared to what happen to Author/Guinevere/Lancelot. The circumstances are complete different. For one Charming never made the choice to be married to Katheryn. He was never married to her. He was put under a curse that forced him in that situation. If he was in his right mind Charming nor Snow would have made any of those choices. Those choices where entirely made by people they were forced to be by Regina. Something that Charming and Snow now have to reconcile with this coming season. Lancelot on the other hand was not under any kind of curse (that we know of). He was of sound of mind and knew who he was. Neither of them were forced in the situation. Guinevere was actually married to Author too. So no I don't think it's the same at all.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)

I don't think what happen with David/Charming and Mary/Snow can be compared to what happen to Author/Guinevere/Lancelot. The circumstances are complete different. For one Charming never made the choice to be married to Katheryn. He was never married to her. He was put under a curse that forced him in that situation. If he was in his right mind Charming nor Snow would have made any of those choices. Those choices where entirely made by people they were forced to be by Regina. Something that Charming and Snow now have to reconcile with this coming season. Lancelot on the other hand was not under any kind of curse (that we know of). He was of sound of mind and knew who he was. Neither of them were forced in the situation. Guinevere was actually married to Author too. So no I don't think it's the same at all.
True, but none of OUAT's stories resemble the original tales themselves. They always add an extra twist or rearrange the story completely . So, it's possible.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 08-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

I highly doubt Charming will be Arthur. In fact, IMO I think it's basically impossible and will never happen
Old 08-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)

I agree with almost everything you've said Snow/Charming situation isn't comparable to Lancelot/Guinevere situation at ALL! But I regret, the bald sentence is false, Lancelot WAS under a curse: the curse of love

Quote:
I loved Rumple being the beast, I think that it took it back to the point of the original story really nicely. BUT, the only reason I think it worked so well was because Rumple is meant to be at least a couple of hundred years old, if not more.

I don't think that it would work for any other character. Also they've used that play once, I don't think they're likely to use it again.
Jiorjiina, I'm one of the few thinking Rumple being the Beast didn't work, but I absolutely agree with what you just said here. If it worked I also think it was because Rumple was a couple of hundred years old and living all alone.

I do hope there won't be too many twists like that though because I usually just love the characters for who they are and I didn't like either too much the Genie being the magic Mirror. Yes, it worked, but as someone mentionned on tumblr, I don't recognize in him anything from the Genie in the Disney story. IMO, he's closer to Jafar once he was turned into a Genie
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
I am a little concerned about them involving Lancelot, because it's another adultery storyline. Just because it's True Love doesn't mean that adultery is right.
A part of me thinks that Guinevere wasn't his true love and that they shouldn't have cheated.

I think Lancelot story will be about redemption and maybe about getting a second chance at love.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl (View Post)
A part of me thinks that Guinevere wasn't his true love and that they shouldn't have cheated.

I think Lancelot story will be about redemption and maybe about getting a second chance at love.
I've always shipped them so I hope they'll reunite like he said in the interview

But it really depends how it plays out in the show. I sometimes don't ship couples I would usually ship over there
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 08-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Now the fairytale characters must contend with magic in their quest to find a way home, as new fairytale characters are revealed, old acquaintances are revisited, and some we had come to believe could be trusted will turn against their own kind.
ABC Medianet
Old 08-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

I'm guessing some people are going to betray the Charmings.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Please don't let it be Red. I remember a few theories floating around that Regina would use Red's wolf form as a weapon against the Charmings.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverlight (View Post)
Oh wow! Did they just add that in to the description recently? That's pretty nerve racking. I don't think they are referring to Rumpelstiltskin since no one ever trusted him and there arent really any others of his kind. I can't ever see Snow or Charming turning on their allies. Maybe Red or Dr. Whale? Dr. Whale is already fishy because we don't know who he is, but maybe Red gets desperate and makes a deal with Regina or Rumpelstiltskin for a new red cape to control her transformations. I can't think of any other characters who would turn on their allies or what reasons they might have for doing so.

Too bad no press releases have been released for this upcoming season yet
Closed Thread   Post New Thread