Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Hmm, Emma doesn't look as happy as I thought she'd be. Jennifer did say in an interview that Emma will hold some resentment towards her parents in season 2. I'm not sure why she would be angry at them though.
All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup
She's gone forever. She's never coming back. And it's your fault

Last edited by Candygirl9890; 08-04-2012 at 09:58 PM
Old 08-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Total Fan

OMG!!! .

My heart! This scene will make me cry SO HARD. Those three have lost so much .

I agree that Emma won't be that receptive because she has been hurt so badly but poor Emma probably really just wants to be loved by mommy and daddy and they just want their baby back and would have done anything to save her the pain and suffering .
Old 08-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

So for Snow, this is like seeing Emma for the first time, even though she still has Mary Margaret's memories.

Last edited by scififan2009; 08-04-2012 at 10:20 PM
Old 08-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl9890 (View Post)
Hmm, Emma doesn't look as happy as I thought she'd be. Jennifer did say in an interview that Emma will hold some resentment towards her parents in season 2. I'm not sure why she would be angry at them though.
I think Emma might have trouble letting go of all the resentment she had against her parents all her life. We saw in season 1 that she absolutely loathed the people who she thought had abandoned her on a highway. Even though she now knows that they did the best that they could for her, they still were not there for her when she really needed them. On top of that, Snow and Charming are probably going to be kind of intrusive and want to treat Emma like their daughter which will no doubt be uncomfortable for a 28 year old woman who learned long ago how to survive without a family.

We still haven't seen Emma actually deal with all the revelations from the season finale. She remembered who she really was and then had to kind of pause her emotions and shock so that she could focus on saving Henry. All of this is obviously going to be very overwhelming for her. I think that alone will cause some bitter feelings.

On another note, I absolutely love how happy Snow and Charming look in those set pictures when they see Emma for the first time after getting their memories back. They have their little girl back
Old 08-05-2012, 01:03 AM
Passionate Fan

I can't wait to see everything in season 2 but I can't wait for the war between Rumpel vs Regina and the potential rivalry between Rumpel vs Captain Hook. I'm looking forward to see who they cast as Milha.

In my fantasy world, I wish Beaman was a younger Rumpel and the name Beaman was an alias for himself for when he was younger and he could have worked with Captain Hook until Hook went after Milha. Also they could have been friends until Hook went after Rumpel's wife Milha (I'm sticking to the theory that Milha was Rumpel's wife until the writers prove me wrong). I think it would be cool if Beaman was a younger Rumpel because he didn't like the name Rumpelstiltskin.

Also I really hope that Charming family and Rumbelle strike an alliance together and fight againt Regina / Captain Hook together.

I think Mr. Gold has a first name in Storybrooke and if Bae is Henry's father and when Emma hears what Rumpel's Storybrooke first name is, she will automatically think that Rumpel could be Henry's grandfather

Last edited by KOUAT12; 08-05-2012 at 01:12 AM
Old 08-05-2012, 02:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
I think Emma might have trouble letting go of all the resentment she had against her parents all her life. We saw in season 1 that she absolutely loathed the people who she thought had abandoned her on a highway. Even though she now knows that they did the best that they could for her, they still were not there for her when she really needed them. On top of that, Snow and Charming are probably going to be kind of intrusive and want to treat Emma like their daughter which will no doubt be uncomfortable for a 28 year old woman who learned long ago how to survive without a family.

We still haven't seen Emma actually deal with all the revelations from the season finale. She remembered who she really was and then had to kind of pause her emotions and shock so that she could focus on saving Henry. All of this is obviously going to be very overwhelming for her. I think that alone will cause some bitter feelings.

On another note, I absolutely love how happy Snow and Charming look in those set pictures when they see Emma for the first time after getting their memories back. They have their little girl back
Also, don't underestimate the problems caused by the fact that her parents turned out to be Snow White and Prince Charming.

For a girl whose life has been very hard and lonely, to have literally a fairy tale ending finding her parents and the reason she was abandoned/given up, it's going to be really hard for her to accept.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
Also, don't underestimate the problems caused by the fact that her parents turned out to be Snow White and Prince Charming.

For a girl whose life has been very hard and lonely, to have literally a fairy tale ending finding her parents and the reason she was abandoned/given up, it's going to be really hard for her to accept.
Exactly... She is going to have a lot to deal with and process.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

There's no doubt that Emma loves Mary Margaret. But clearly only as her friend. She's never had a mother before, and might decide that she doesn't need one now.

So whether or not she warms to Snow is another thing.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
There's no doubt that Emma loves Mary Margaret. But clearly only as her friend. She's never had a mother before, and might decide that she doesn't need one now.

She did call Mary Margaret 'family' in Hat Trick. If she was starting to believe that the curse was possible, then she was also starting to accept that MM is also Snow, and therefore her mother.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUAT12 (View Post)
I think Mr. Gold has a first name in Storybrooke and if Bae is Henry's father and when Emma hears what Rumpel's Storybrooke first name is, she will automatically think that Rumpel could be Henry's grandfather
This is exactly what I think. I think they're probably sharing the same first name. If not, then it's definitely something. There is a reason they won't tell us Gold's name and I just know it has to do with Bae. There has to be some kind of link.

I, too, think Emma is going to have a hard time adjusting to her newfound family. Not only does she now have her parents, but Granny is practically family and so are the dwarfs. How is Emma going to like the smothering love of the "war council"?

Boy, maybe Bae and Emma are pretty perfect for each other, even if he's not Henry's father. Besides the Charming reunion, I can't wait for Bae to show up for real and confront Papa bear. I also have the feeling that Bae really does know August.

Let's hope for a real promo when they're done filming the first episode. And promotional pics. I need a Rumple fix.

Last edited by Josephine77; 08-05-2012 at 08:10 AM
Old 08-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Emma and Mary Margaret have had more of a sister relationship, with Emma usually (but not always) being the big sister - the one who hands out advice from experience and protects her little sister.

Finding out Mary Margaret is her mother - and dealing with Snow, who has experience and knowledge Emma lacks, not to mention protective skills Emma lacks (storming castles, ruling kingdoms) - is going to be difficult.

For that matter, David is the wuss she slammed the door on when he wanted to talk to Mary Margaret at the party (well, that she sent away with Henry). Charming wouldn't have let her do that if he really needed to talk to Snow (he's put up with being shot with arrows to talk with Snow) - although he wouldn't have done the spineless things David did that led to Emma kicking him out.

But, with David/Charming, I think it will be easier for Emma to think of him as a new person who looks like David Nolan. She didn't have nearly as much of a relationship with the old him, and probably won't regret losing what she had.

With Mary Margaret, there was something she valued and that she also felt comfortable with that's been replaced by something completely different. So, that's going to hurt more.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)

I don't see anything "clear" about it to be honest. Emma never had a mother, or a sister and if we're going to take what's been portrayed in the show, never really had much of a friend. And you don't call someone "family" if you only consider them as a friend.

Everyone needs a mother, and Emma deciding she doesn't need one is a pointless issue TBH. To me it's clear she not only needs one (for obvious reasons, Emma's life has been pretty effed up so far), she has always wanted one, otherwise she wouldn't have spent her resources trying to locate her parents.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~lipstick (View Post)
I don't see anything "clear" about it to be honest. Emma never had a mother, or a sister and if we're going to take what's been portrayed in the show, never really had much of a friend. And you don't call someone "family" if you only consider them as a friend.

Everyone needs a mother, and Emma deciding she doesn't need one is a pointless issue TBH. To me it's clear she not only needs one (for obvious reasons, Emma's life has been pretty effed up so far), she has always wanted one, otherwise she wouldn't have spent her resources trying to locate her parents.
^True, but if the woman you've been treating like a sister or friend for the past few months turned out to be your mother, you'd be pretty spooked too. This definitely won't be a mother-daughter relationship. They're age and history won't allow it. But that still doesn't minimize the love they have for each other. But I don't see Emma treating MM like her mother anytime soon. But like I said, that still won't diminish the love they have for each other.

Besides, we've already received confirmation from Jennifer that Emma and MM are going to have a difficult time trying to adjust, and that Emma may suffer from severe abandonment issues. I think Jen specifically used the word "resentment."
Old 08-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

^I'm definitely not arguing about that! Emma will have issues, no questions, and they'll have a hard time adjusting but it still doesn't change the fact that Emma considers MM more than just a friend, she considers her family. It'll be easier for Snow and Charming, and it'll be interesting to see Emma come to terms with it.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~lipstick (View Post)
^I'm definitely not arguing about that! Emma will have issues, no questions, and they'll have a hard time adjusting but it still doesn't change the fact that Emma considers MM more than just a friend, she considers her family. It'll be easier for Snow and Charming, and it'll be interesting to see Emma come to terms with it.
Very good point. The fact that they started out as friends first might actually help their relationship become even stronger.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread