Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
And technically, in the original story, the whole court was enchanted to sleep until she woke up and the Prince who wakes Sleeping Beauty up wasn't born when she fell asleep. He heard the legend of her beauty and the spell and went to find her.
That would make sense of it. Plus, in the Phillip casting call it said Phillip comes from a kingdom in decline, so maybe he seeks Aurora out to help his kingdom by marrying in to hers after he wakes her up.I'll be interested in how they fit Mulan into the Sleeping Beauty story, I assume she's going to be a soldier for Phillip or Aurora. I've seen some people speculating there's going to be a love triangle of some sort between Aurora/Phillip/Mulan, I wouldn't be suprised to be honest. Maybe Phillip will double up as a Shang like figure for Mulan? Or maybe they'll go all out and pair Mulan/Aurora together. Although, i'd imagine Disny would throw a fit if the show tried to make any of their classic characters LGBT.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedotd (View Post)
From the EOnline Spoiler Chat

Lisa: A small Once Upon a Time tease isn't too much to ask for, is it?!
We can tell you that the season two premiere, titled "Broken," will be a Snow White-centric episode. What? You said small!
Kristin is such an idiot omg
Old 08-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Davis (View Post)
Well, that explains why Bailee Madison and Barbara Hershey were on set. I think well see some flashbacks on Regina's wedding and coronation as the queen and maybe Snow meeting Mulan and Aurora.
But didn't Bailee and Barbara film for episode 2? That would make more sense if ep 2 was Regina-centric (like ep 2 last year). They weren't in the cast list for the premiere.

I think the FTL flashbacks for the premiere will start where the finale left off, TBH. The whole gang planning to take back the kingdom. Then episode 2 will be Regina-centric with Barbara and Bailee.
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 08-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

Oh, you're right. I mixed things up a bit. Ok, forget half of what I said!

Ep. 2 could be about Regina then, or 3. Jane Espenson did say a while back she was working on a script with lots of Regina on it.
Stana Katic
Stanatics BrasilCami
Old 08-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Hmm, on the Sleeping Beauty front -

There's a version of the fairy tale collected in the 19th century where the prince's mother is actually part ogre and, while the prince is away when the kingdom is at war, actually tries to eat Sleeping Beauty and her children. That version seems to hint at some connection between the evil fairy and the prince's mom.

A retelling by Marianna Mayer comes right out and makes the Evil Fairy the prince's mother (it was partly hearing about the princess from his mom that inspired the prince to go rescue her).

I don't suppose they'll go that way. But, you have to admit, Maleficent as Philip's mother would be interesting.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

There's a version I read, by Cameron Dokey, that instead of Aurora sleeping for 100 years, she gets lost in the kingdom's maze, but time for her was only a matter of hours, and when she comes out she finds out 100 years have past. A lot of things happen while she's in the maze trying to find her way put (including pricking her finger), so it's a very interesing read and a very interesting and different take on the story.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

All credit to Taragenie who first posted this elsewhere:

‘Once Upon a Time’ Turns Up the Magic in Season 2 | XFINITY TV Blog by Comcast

Quote:
Rumple’s Wrench: Belle (Emilie de Ravin) and Red Riding Hood (Meghan Ory) have been upgraded to series regulars. And with more Belle comes more drama for Rumpelstiltskin. Says Horowitz, “Rumple [Carlyle] is a man who feels he is incapable of being loved. So what happens when the person he always regretted letting get away comes back? How does that interfere with his ultimate goal? Because he is a man who always chooses between love and power. For us it is also fun because Belle has been in Fairytale Land in a locked asylum so, theoretically, she has never seen a phone, so a parking meter might frighten her.” And as for Belle, Horowitz says, “What we love about Emilie is she is an incredibly versatile actress, so there is so much we are excited to do with the character. What we loved about her interpretation of Belle is she brought something that was uniquely her to it.”
Obviously this is my favorite part, but I adore the show as a whole and love everyone, so everything about season 2 is exciting to me.

Aww, they love Emilie so much - personally AND professionally. This is basic confirmation that she's going to be a significant figure going forward, and not just because she's Gold's girl.......she's a fantastic actress capable of carrying her own storyline.

I'm SO glad someone brought up the fact that Belle is truly LOST in this world. She has absolutely no conception of the modern world. Imagine Gold trying to explain how a phone works.....or the tv.

I'm psyched to see Sleeping Beauty as I adore that movie......it's just a cool story and I love Aurora and Phillip. Captain Hook is going to rock........and I like the Huntsman as well so I'm glad we'll get to see him. It seems to me that season 2 is going to be packed full of emotion whatwith all the relationship issues people are going to have - and not just the romantic ones.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the link!
Old 08-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
I'm SO glad someone brought up the fact that Belle is truly LOST in this world. She has absolutely no conception of the modern world. Imagine Gold trying to explain how a phone works.....or the tv.
That's a brilliant point. She's the only one who hasn't experienced the life in modern world, not a single day. There are so many things for her to learn. And I really want to know how Jefferson learnt the Rumbelle story and assured himself of this big surprise for Gold.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:57 AM
Total Fan

With all the spoilers and set pictures we've been getting it seems like what I was hoping would happen is going to happen now - that Charming will become the father figure in Henry's life.

Harry x Ginny | Snow x Charming | Neal x Emma | Castle x Beckett | Clark x Lois
Tumblr
Old 08-08-2012, 02:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hang on though, because didn't the curse create memories for everyone so that it was as though they had always lived in SB?

Which means it also had to implant the knowledge of how everything in the modern world works, as though they had grown up knowing it or else it would be a logic disconnect in the mind.

You can't wake up one morning and suddenly not know how to drive a car even though you 'know' you have been driving to work and back everyday for the last 10 years.

Logically, the only way for Belle to not know how the modern world works if if she never had any false memories of it from the curse. But she also clearly didn't initially remember being Belle from FTL either, so what exactly did the curse do to her?
Old 08-08-2012, 04:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamFez (View Post)
With all the spoilers and set pictures we've been getting it seems like what I was hoping would happen is going to happen now - that Charming will become the father figure in Henry's life.
That's what I wanted too. Charming and mini-Charming
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 08-08-2012, 04:32 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Rumple’s Wrench: Belle (Emilie de Ravin) and Red Riding Hood (Meghan Ory) have been upgraded to series regulars. And with more Belle comes more drama for Rumpelstiltskin. Says Horowitz, “Rumple [Carlyle] is a man who feels he is incapable of being loved. So what happens when the person he always regretted letting get away comes back? How does that interfere with his ultimate goal? Because he is a man who always chooses between love and power. For us it is also fun because Belle has been in Fairytale Land in a locked asylum so, theoretically, she has never seen a phone, so a parking meter might frighten her.” And as for Belle, Horowitz says, “What we love about Emilie is she is an incredibly versatile actress, so there is so much we are excited to do with the character. What we loved about her interpretation of Belle is she brought something that was uniquely her to it.”
Ooo! I love this! I can't wait to see how Belle adjust to modern day Storybrooke. Poor thing must be frightened out of her mind.

And I'm also anxious to see how Rumpel manages to balance love and magic. VERY ANXIOUS.
All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup
She's gone forever. She's never coming back. And it's your fault
Old 08-08-2012, 04:39 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
GAH!!! Favorite part of the entire article! I can't wait to see how Belle and Rumpel's relationship progresses in season 2. And I'm glad the writers are going to address the fact that Belle has no concept of modern day technology or customs . So, she's going to be pretty freaked out. And rightfully so.
"Love makes us sick. Haunts our dreams. Destroys our days"
Old 08-08-2012, 05:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus (View Post)
That's a brilliant point. She's the only one who hasn't experienced the life in modern world, not a single day. There are so many things for her to learn. And I really want to know how Jefferson learnt the Rumbelle story and assured himself of this big surprise for Gold.
I would like to know how everyone else adjusted to the modern world, lol. Was it part of their collective memories? How did Regina (or Gold) even know what this world would be like so that they could create it?

[QUOTE]Logically, the only way for Belle to not know how the modern world works if if she never had any false memories of it from the curse. But she also clearly didn't initially remember being Belle from FTL either, so what exactly did the curse do to her?

She remembered when everyone else did, though. Remember that odd look she got on her face in the finale/forest, before she asked Rumple to wait? I think the reason Belle doesn't know about the modern world is because she didn't need to know. If Regina sort of chose what characters had certain characteristics (for instance, Ginny had mentioned that Regina gave MM traits that she wanted MM to have - in other words, being an anti-Snow), then perhaps she decided Belle didn't need to have any "knowledge" of SB because she never anticipated her getting out

Quote:
can't wait to see how Belle and Rumpel's relationship progresses in season 2. And I'm glad the writers are going to address the fact that Belle has no concept of modern day technology or customs . So, she's going to be pretty freaked out. And rightfully so.
And that's what it's going to be - a progression, which will be so interesting. Relationships don't just stay static - and that applies to anyone, not just those called Rumbelle.