Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishaLyn17 (View Post)
Part of me thought that if the writers really intended to give some sort of justification for Regina's hatred towards Snow, they'd at least have Snow be some sort of bratty, snotty, spoiled little girl who went out of her way to try and get what she wanted.

But that isn't how she was portrayed at all. Snow was shown as a lonely little girl, who missed her mother and bonded with and saw Regina as some sort of mother-figure but ultimately was able to understand Regina's reasons for not wanting to marry her father. She seemed so happy for Regina and her true love and desperately wanted her to have everything and be happy. Her intentions were 100 percent pure.

I'm not sure whether I like where the writers have taken this or not. Part of me is glad that they're not trying to excuse or justify Regina's actions because IMO there is none. She is the ultimate antagonist and her behavior and actions should not be justified or excused.
yeah at the moment I'm not really sure how I felt about it. Although I'm glad they didn't make Snow out to be evil just to justify what Regina did. But what she did wasn't right. She took out anger that should have been directed at her mother and blamed it on a little kid.

I felt so bad for Snow when Cora was talking to her and she started using her mother to get her to tell her what Regina was hiding.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Well, that was...predictable. As I thought, it has done nothing to justify Regina's behavior. Nothing. In fact, it played out in a way that made Snow White look better than I thought she'd look. She was totally manipulated by Regina's mother. That is who Regina should have focused her anger at. Not Snow. Regina's actions are still completely, 100 percent, unjustifiable.

Also, August is totally Pinocchio. The whole lying conversation? Total red flag.
Agree 100%. And it made it seem like Regina knew it wasn't Snow's fault and still is taking it out on her. Cora totally played Snow.

And I agree with August being Pinocchio! I got that again with the lying thing and his leg ( maybe it's still wood ) But the Promo kind of threw me with him having the Rumples knife thing. I just want to know who he is!
And Glad to see Kathryn is alive!
GabbyTumblr & Twitter ღ Icon by me
Old 04-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the promo.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Well, that was...predictable. As I thought, it has done nothing to justify Regina's behavior. Nothing. In fact, it played out in a way that made Snow White look better than I thought she'd look. She was totally manipulated by Regina's mother. That is who Regina should have focused her anger at. Not Snow. Regina's actions are still completely, 100 percent, unjustifiable.
Nothing can ever "justify" Regina's actions. Not a bratty child nor a lost love. The best the writers can do is to help us understand her motivations. Motivations do not "justify", but they help explain.

I think Regina's abuse by her own mother has messed up her sense of right and wrong. She is clearly using Snow as a scapegoat. Also, she was betrayed by Snow, even though Snow may have had the purest intentions. She did after all tell the secret she promised not to. That's undeniable, and it's just enough of an act for some one like Regina to latch onto and use an excuse to blame them.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I didn't find this to be a particularly compelling explanation, then. I mean, the sociopathic mother certainly explains why Regina herself became a sociopath, but I don't believe Regina is crazy- I think she's fully capable of grasping that Snow is a child who was manipulated by a woman much older, wiser, and more powerful than her, and that she meant no harm and had no possible way of knowing it would lead to Daniel's death. She just doesn't care- she fixated her hatred onto an innocent child and that's that. It doesn't explain her hatred of Snow White well at all, other than her sociopathic urges must have been there even at the time and were only thinly covered by her dream of a life with Daniel. It was far too easy for her to obsessively hate and plan to ruin a child if those dark tendencies hadn't already been there.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Did you guys catch Cora's speech about love after she killed Daniel? She clearly had her own heart broken in the past. I wonder who it was...

Next episode's promo makes me second-guess the theory that August is Pinocchio. He may turn out to be Rumple's son after all.

And it turns out Rumple was playing Regina after all. He implanted the idea to frame Mary Margaret, but it wasn't to help Regina. Wonder why he would "break" their deal? Or knowing him, there was a technicality in the contract that would allow him to claim that he still honored their "agreement".
Old 04-01-2012, 08:49 PM
New Fan

Wooden head he is not

Looking at the promo for Ep. 1x19 "The Return"
the evidence suggests to me that August is Baelfire

1) The title of the episode alludes to that begs the question return of who
stands to reason given Belfire's disappearance from his father's life

2) August has demonstrated an inside out knowledge of the goings on in Storybrooke that is thus far only equalled by Gold or Regina

3) Physical characteristics hair and eye color reasonable match

4) The Zoso/Rumple dagger drawing in August's rented room (how would anyone else save Rumple plausibly know about that dagger

5) August's facial expression in the promo as he turns the dagger on Gold seems tortured/conflicted can't see Pinnoch be that concerned over Gold's fate
Old 04-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Well, Cora is the Miller's Daughter- IIRC, in the fairy tale she gives her firstborn to Rumpelstiltsken. So maybe Regina is NOT her only child and she resents Regina for not being the first child she believes she actually loved (I doubt she really did- Cora is a sociopath the same way Regina is).
Old 04-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
Well, Cora is the Miller's Daughter- IIRC, in the fairy tale she gives her firstborn to Rumpelstiltsken. So maybe Regina is NOT her only child and she resents Regina for not being the first child she believes she actually loved (I doubt she really did- Cora is a sociopath the same way Regina is).
Not exactly... In the fairy tale, the Miller's Daughter avoided giving Rumpelstiltskin her first-born child by correctly guessing his name.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Can't August be Pinocchio and Rumple's son?

I mean, Rumple is also the Beast. Red Riding Hood is also the wolf. The Genie is also the Magic Mirror. It's possible, no?
Old 04-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Addicted Fan

If Regina's back story was suppose to make us sympathize with her, it definitely didn't work. It was wiped out when she blamed an innocent little girl for something her mother did. I am disgusted by Regina. What a horrible person. I feel so badly for Snow.

And August is definitely Pinocchio and he can also be Rumple's son as well since as others have said, a lot of characters tend to be more than one character. Now the question becomes, how was August not trapped in town like everyone else? And how does he know about the story book, and how does he know it is all real? Is everyone still speculating he wrote the book? There are so many questions surrounding him.

The Scientist and his Comet~Lucas and Peyton
Old 04-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Elite Fan

tftnt
not gonna lie I love the title
& cant wait for Seb to be back!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Speaking of the title and the Mad Hatter..do we know WHEN he is coming back? This season?

Why is it I'm always obsessed by the MH, whatever the version?

~Katie~
Old 04-02-2012, 06:11 AM
Loyal Fan

daniel loved regina. and i will give benefit of the doubt to regina

i think regina projected her anger at herself for not telling daniel to stay away from her mother and for being a fool for believing her mother was ok with it. so i think regina kills her mother. gets her magic. and to live with her stupidity blamea snow. who mwant well
Old 04-02-2012, 06:17 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
Speaking of the title and the Mad Hatter..do we know WHEN he is coming back? This season?
Yes, according to E! Online, this season. They're the only source who've confirmed this so far, but I'm inclined to believe it because Sebastian was spotted in Vancouver recently. It was on March 24th so it's probably the last episodes of the season. My bet would be 21 or 22, especially since episode 20, with the Pinocchio backstory and all that, seems too "busy"
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Closed Thread   Post New Thread