Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Once Upon a Time S&S #10: Because we can't wait to find out Rumplestilskin's backstory.

CAST

Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan
Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret
Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/John Doe/David
Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina
Jamie Dornan as Sheriff Graham
Jared Gilmore as Henry
Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold
Raphael Sbarge as Jiminy Cricket/Archie

CREW
Adam Horowitz, executive producer and writer
Jane Espenson, writer
Liz Tigelaar, writer
Andrew Chambliss, writer

promotional pictures of the cast
Comic Con Posters
Show Posters (with the new show logo)

From the inventive minds of “Lost” executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis comes a bold new imagining of the world, where fairy tales and the modern-day are about to collide.

And they all lived happily ever after – or so everyone was led to believe. Emma Swan knows how to take care of herself. She’s a 28-year-old bail bonds collector who’s been on her own ever since she was abandoned as a baby. But when the son she gave up years ago finds her, everything starts to change. Henry is now 10 years old and in desperate need of Emma’s help. He believes that Emma actually comes from an alternate world and is Snow White and Prince Charming’s missing daughter. According to his book of fairytales, they sent her away to protect her from the Evil Queen’s curse, which trapped the fairytale world forever, frozen in time, and brought them into our modern world. Of course Emma doesn’t believe a word, but when she brings Henry back to Storybrooke, she finds herself drawn to this unusual boy and his strange New England town. Concerned for Henry, she decides to stay for a while, but she soon suspects that Storybrooke is more than it seems. It’s a place where magic has been forgotten, but is still powerfully close… where fairytale characters are alive, even though they don’t remember who they once were. The epic battle for the future of all worlds is beginning, but for good to win, Emma will have to accept her destiny and fight like hell.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin (“Big Love”) as Snow White/Sister Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison (“House MD”) as Emma Swan, Robert Carlyle (“The Full Monty,” “Trainspotting,” “SGU Stargate Universe”) as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Jamie Dornan as Sheriff Graham, Jared Gilmore (“Mad Men”) as Henry, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/John Doe and Raphael Sbarge as Jiminy Cricket/Archie.

“Once Upon a Time” was written by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, who are also executive producers, along with Steve Pearlman (ABC’s “V”). The pilot is directed and executive-produced by Mark Mylod (“Entourage”). “Once Upon a Time” is from ABC Studios.

1.09 True North
Air date: January 15th, 2012

Press Release - Episode 1.09 True North: Emma tries to save two children from the foster system by finding their birth father; the Evil Queen has Hansel and Gretel steal an artifact from a blind witch.

EMMA TRIES TO HELP TWO HOMELESS CHILDREN FIND THEIR FATHER BEFORE THEY’RE SEPARATED AND PUT IN FOSTER CARE, AND THE EVIL QUEEN COERCES HANSEL AND GRETEL INTO STEALING AN IMPORTANT ARTIFACT FROM A BLIND WITCH, ON ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME”

Emma Caulfield (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”) Guest Stars as the Blind Witch

“True North” – Feeling their pain from having lived through the same experience, Emma desperately tries to help two homeless children find their birth father before they’re separated and put into the foster care system. Meanwhile, back in the fairytale world that was, the Evil Queen coerces Hansel and Gretel into stealing an important artifact from a blind witch (Emma Caulfield, “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”), on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, JANUARY 15 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Jared Gilmore as Henry Mills, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David and Raphael Sbarge as Jiminy Cricket/Archie Hopper.

Guest starring are Eion Bailey as stranger, Quinn Lord as Josef/Hansel, Karley Scott Collins as Ava/Gretel, Nicholas Lea as Michael Tillman/woodcutter, Emma Caulfield as blind witch, Gabe Khouth as Mr. Clark/Sneezy, David Bloom as Mr. “K” Krzyszkowski and Osmond Lloyd Bramble as queen’s guard.

”True North” was written by David H. Goodman & Liz Tigelaar and directed by Dean White. {Source}

- In this episode, we are introduced to Ava and Josef; they may be only runaways in Storybrooke, but in Fairy Tale Land they are the legendary Hansel & Gretel.
- According to Ask Ausiello, in this episode we also meet the Blind Witch from Hansel and Gretel (played by Emma Caulfield). “She lives in a gingerbread house and likes to dine on small children. She’s incredibly scary and frightening. Although blind, she’s also intense, strong, and calculating — no pushover, even for a grown man. Rather than hunting her prey (children), she uses her gingerbread house to lure unsuspecting young wanderers to her, only springing into action once they’ve stepped squarely into her trap.”

1.10 7:15am
Episode 1.10, 7:15 A.M.

Air date: January 22, 2012

David and Mary Margaret continue to struggle with their feelings; a mysterious stranger in town makes Regina and Emma suspicious; Prince Charming’s wedding approaches.

Alan Dale (“Lost”) Guest Stars as King George

MARY MARGARET AND DAVID CONTINUE TO GRAPPLE WITH THEIR UNREQUITED LOVE, AND SNOW WHITE TRIES TO EASE HER BREAKING HEART AS PRINCE CHARMING’S WEDDING TO KING MIDAS’S DAUGHTER APPROACHES, ON ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME”

“7:15 A.M.” – Mary Margaret and David continue to grapple with their unrequited love, and Emma and Regina grow suspicious over a mysterious new stranger in town. Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, Snow White yearns to ease her breaking heart as Prince Charming’s wedding to King Midas’s daughter approaches, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, JANUARY 22 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Jared Gilmore as Henry Mills, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David and Raphael Sbarge as Jiminy Cricket/Archie Hopper.

Guest starring are Lee Arenberg as Leroy/Grumpy, Anastasia Griffith as Kathryn/Abigail, Meghan Ory as Ruby/Red Riding Hood, Alan Dale as King George, Kwesi Ameyaw as Dr. Thatcher, Eion Bailey as stranger, Jonathan Holmes as majordomo, Michasha Armstrong as guard, Geoff Gustafson as Stealthy, David-Paul Grove as Doc, Gabe Khouth as Sneezy, Faustino Di Bauda as Sleepy, Jeffrey Kaiser as Dopey, Michael Coleman as Happy and Mig Macario as Bashful.

The story for”7:15 A.M.” was by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz, and the teleplay by Daniel T. Thomsen. Ralph Hemecker directed. {Source}

1.11 Fruit Of The Poisonous Tree
Air date: January 29, 2012

SIDNEY ASKS EMMA TO HELP HIM EXPOSE THE CORRUPTION THAT MAYOR REGINA HAS UNLEASHED ON STORYBROOKE, AND KING LEOPOLD MUST BE CAREFUL WHAT HE WISHES FOR WHEN HE IS GRANTED THREE WISHES BY A GENIE, ON ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

Richard Schiff ("The West Wing") Guest Stars as King Leopold

"Fruit of the Poisonous Tree" - A dejected Sidney enlists the aid of Emma to help uncover evidence that could expose Mayor Regina as the corrupt person she really is to the townspeople of Storybrooke; and Mary Margaret and David continue their secret rendezvous while trying to figure out a way to unleash their unrequited love. Meanwhile, back in the fairytale land that was, King Leopold (Richard Schiff), who is the father of Snow White and married to the Evil Queen, stumbles upon a magic lamp and is granted three wishes by a Genie - who warns the king to be careful what he wishes for -- on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, JANUARY 29 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Jared Gilmore as Henry Mills, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David and Raphael Sbarge as Jiminy Cricket/Archie Hopper.

Guest starring are Tony Perez as valet, Giancarlo Esposito as Sidney/Magic Mirror, Eion Bailey as stranger, Richard Schiff as King Leopold and David Bloom as Mr. K.

"Fruit of the Poisonous Tree" was written by Ian Goldberg & Andrew Chambliss and directed by Bryan Spicer. {Source}

- We meet King Leopold, Snow White's father, played by Richard Schiff.

Short synopsis : Sidney asks Emma for help uncovering evidence that could expose Regina's corrupt ways; David and Mary Margaret continue to meet secretly; King Leopold (Richard Schiff) is granted three wishes.{Source}

1.12 Skin Deep
- The show is casting Belle (from Beauty and the Beast) for this episode.
- Emilie de Ravin has been casted as Belle (Source)
- (tweet)Sean Koo Watching a #OnceUponaTime scene filming. Robert Carlyle & #Lost's Emilie De Ravin shooting. Lots of green screen #OUAT
- (tweet) Sean Koo @ @fotreya Emilie isn't blond anymore
- (tweet) Sean Koo Standing by Emilie De Ravin while she's in her gold Belle dress while she's on her iPhone is a trippy sight #OnceUponaTime
- This is the summary of the sides for episode 12

1.13 What Happened to Frederick
- This is the summary of the sides for episode 13

1.14 Dreamy

CASTING & GUEST STARS
  • David Anders (Alias, The Vampire Diaries) has been cast as "a doctor who goes on a date with Mary Margaret", according to TVGuide.com. He will first appear in episode 3. (thanks to the press release of episode 3, we now know that his name is Dr Whale. Possible connection with Pinocchio?)
  • Anastasia Griffith has been cast in a recurring role, according to Deadline.com. She plays "Annette, who is spoiled and regal.
  • Jessy Schram has been cast as Cinderella.
  • Tim Phillips has been cast as Cinderella’s Prince
  • Harry Groener has been cast, but no details on his character yet
  • Alan Dale has been cast as Prince Charming's father Thanks to this interview with Josh, we know that the King's name is George.
  • Emma Caulfield will play the Blind Witch
  • Eion Bailey has been cast as "The Stranger"
  • Richard Schiff has been cast as King Leopold, Snow White's father. He will first appear in episode 11.
  • Sage Brocklebank has been cast as Gaston. He will appear in episode 12.
  • Amy Acker has been cast as Astrid. She will appear in episode 14.

SET PICS
MAGAZINES & PRESS

Thanks *OldHollywoodStarlet* for the scans.

KSiteTV's interviews with the cast and producers:
- Producer Steve Pearlman
- Lana Parilla
- Jennifer Morrison
- Josh Dallas
- Jared Gilmore

OTHER SPOILERS
  • @LisaMack324: Spoiler for #onceuponatime Halloween themed episode has a massive wolf in it
  • @DakotaDocherty: Spoiler Alert!!! There's going to be a kiss on Once Upon Time and it may or may not go very well #creepingonset
  • According to Jennifer, there may "eventually" be romance in the cards for Emma and the Sheriff (source)
  • Emma is asked to leave Granny's house, and ends up being roommates with another cast member (source) + "Emma may become Mary Margaret’s first real female friend. But the loneliness will bleed through into other areas, abounding, even after she and Emma have begun to bond in close quarters and of their own accord." (source) = Emma and Mary Margaret are becoming roommates!
  • About John Doe's coma, Josh says "he's not in it for long" (source); although from the press release of episode 3, we know he's in a coma at least at the beginning of the episode.
  • About the origins of Snow White/Prince Charming, "We're going to find out how they met, where they met, what his real name is, how he got the name "Charming"..." (source); this is probably gonna happen in episode 3, "Snow Falls";
  • About Prince Charming's father, played by Alan Dale, Josh says "I don't know how much I'm allowed to say about King George, but I will say he is obviously King of the kingdom, and the kingdom is ailing. He needs some help. He goes to King Midas, and they make a deal, and King Midas says "well, if your son slays this dragon, I will take care of your kingdom. I will give you gold. I will give you riches. You will be taken care of." So he makes a deal with Midas for me to slay this dragon." (source)
  • About John Doe and Mary Margaret "There is this extraordinary kind of weird draw to Mary-Margaret that he doesn't quite understand, in Storybrooke. There's definitely a connection there with her, so he's trying to negotiate that and figure out what that is and where that's going to take him. " (source)
  • THE BIG PRINCE CHARMING DEBATE: Josh has been hinting in various articles about a "brother" Prince Charming may have "This will make a lot more sense when you learn Charming’s real name in the fairy-tale land. If each person has a direct counterpart in each world, than we are missing another version of each man in each world. It is unclear as of yet just how and when that will all come to a head, but if it means we get double the double dose of Dallas, then we’re looking forward to that reveal most of all!"
  • @fatherdowling I'm obsessed with #OnceUponaTime. Scoop please!
    Hearing that Emma (Jennifer Morrison) will battle it out with the newspaper editor for a very important law-enforcement job. And Emma's arrangement/deal with Mr. Gold (Robert Carlyle) will get more complicated than even she knows. That all goes down in the Rumplestiltskin origin episode. (Source)
  • @JWhere15: @KristinDSantos once upon a time info please!!! Which story book character is the Sheriff? Is he good or bad? Last night confused me!
    He is not good. (Source)
  • For Valentine’s Day, we’ll be meeting Belle, from Beauty and the Beast, in an episode titled “Skin Deep”. Her story is familiar at first, but in true Once Upon A Time fashion, there’s a major twist – the “beast” is someone we already know. Source

* Juicy Once Upon a Time Spoiler Roundup for Season 1
* EW Magazine... OUaT .. Burning questions..!! (Magazine Scans)
* Filming Report and Pictures
* Filming Report and Pictures
* Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Glee, American Horror Story, Vampire Diaries and More!
* Once Upon a Time Episode Guide - Zap2it

Last edited by jbshmdfb; 01-10-2012 at 10:22 PM
Old 12-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Addicted Fan

TFTNT, mon ami!

*~ E.W Icon by; ME!- Name: Gryffindor Bouvier aka Green Bean♣ Congrats to main character position, Ruby Red!
Old 12-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

NP

Sorry I couldn't think of a better title. I have added the title for episode 14, is there anything else that needed to be added?
Old 12-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Addicted Fan

I like the new title it suits the episode coming up after the hiatus!

Hmm... I thought I might have seen a link or two about the VOTE updates! Are those good to add in? Ratings updates meaning?

From the last thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
I just don't get how Dr Whale can be the first when he isn't in episode 12.

Yeah, I'll start it
You're right. So Billy is the biggest bet then, isn't he?

*~ E.W Icon by; ME!- Name: Gryffindor Bouvier aka Green Bean♣ Congrats to main character position, Ruby Red!
Old 12-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

I think the vote and ratings stuff might be better suited for the threads made for that on the regular board. As for Billy, I guess he would be the biggest bet but I don't think it's him personally. They said it's someone we already know but I don't feel like we know Billy. We have seen him but we don't know anything about him besides that he is the mechanic. I think since it's suppose to be some big twist to the story that it's someone much more important to the show so far. But that's just me.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Addicted Fan

True it is more suited over the forum for the show.

Okay then! I remember reading somewhere in a November spoiler issue over at I think spoilertv.com or zap2it that it said 'We'll also find out more about Billy the Mechanic' Still confused, trying to shoulder if he has a FTL counterpart also. Do you think it might be even in a small scale that he could be the Beast? Say the scale is around 8% for starters.

Old 12-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the new thread, and I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveSaunders (View Post)
True it is more suited over the forum for the show.

Okay then! I remember reading somewhere in a November spoiler issue over at I think spoilertv.com or zap2it that it said 'We'll also find out more about Billy the Mechanic' Still confused, trying to shoulder if he has a FTL counterpart also. Do you think it might be even in a small scale that he could be the Beast? Say the scale is around 8% for starters.
I think he could be the beast. He is number 4 on my suspect list LOL. But I would be disapointed if he was because it's been sold as some big twist to the story and I don't see what is so special about it being Billy. If that makes sense. So I guess I would say like 15% chance I think it's him. As for learning more about characters, Kristin said we would find out soon who Dr Whale is and he won't be back until episode 15 so I don't trust the we will soon find out about characters spoilers. Like they have been saying since before the pilot aired we would find out Grumpy story and that only happens in episode 14.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt!

I still only think Dr. Whale could be the beast because I was thinking they might only show the Beast in his beast form in FTL.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakls (View Post)
Tftnt!

I still only think Dr. Whale could be the beast because I was thinking they might only show the Beast in his beast form in FTL.
YW If they did that, how would we know it's him? Not that I would be against the idea of it being him. Well I agree with those in the previous thread that said knowing the beast and Snow hooked up would feel wrong somehow but I don't have anything against Dr Whale being an important character in FTL world. Though I am leaning more towards him being the wolf.

Last edited by jbshmdfb; 12-25-2011 at 09:32 PM
Old 12-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

Who are your top suspects for being the beast?
Old 12-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakls (View Post)
Who are your top suspects for being the beast?
Well since the story is suppose to have this big clever twist I think it's someone that we know as someone else as well. Instead of a prince transformed into the beast like the disney version. I think it's someone from the main cast. And not Charming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread, and I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas.
YW. And I hope you had a great Christmas too, Jerry

Last edited by jbshmdfb; 12-25-2011 at 11:26 PM Reason: typo
Old 12-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 12-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Well since the story is suppose to have this big cleaver twist I think it's someone that we know as someone else as well. Instead of a prince transformed into the beast like the disney version. I think it's someone from the main cast. And not Charming.
Interesting theory. I can't wait to find out.

Merry Christmas Jerry!
Old 12-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Merry Christmas to you too Jerry!

Maybe it's Shawn/Thomas? Remember how he disappeared? What if he might have an inkling to this? I know he's Cinderella's prince/SB lover, but... That's where the word "twists" comes up, right?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread