Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Loyal Fan

thanks for the spoiler! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

marissa

Brooke & Lucas: There are eighty-two letters in here… and they’re all addressed to you
Old 02-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love Entertainment Weekly's summary of this weeks episode:

"Oliver's psycho, blah, blah, blah. Far more important, Seth might finally get lucky!!!"
Old 02-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Mitt Mitt St Clair:
<STRONG>I love Entertainment Weekly's summary of this weeks episode:

"Oliver's psycho, blah, blah, blah. Far more important, Seth might finally get lucky!!!"</STRONG>

That's great. Everybody hates Oliver and they love Seth. Heck, I &lt;3 Seth. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2004, 05:51 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by foreva_99:
<STRONG>Hey everyone,

The supermoderators have been made aware of posts that have been made here. They are working on coming up with a solution. If you have any questions then please feel free to PM either me or Nikki.

[img]smilies/sun.gif[/img] Bel</STRONG>
Thanks for posting this, Bel, and coming here to let everyone know this before I had the opportunity to do so for us. I appreciate it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Addicted Fan

i hate waiting til wednesday...and iM in pacific time so i get it a couple hours later than other people. stupid time zones. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
"If it’s not real you can’t hold it in your hand. You can’t feel it with your heart, and I won’t believe it."
Old 02-10-2004, 09:01 AM
Banned

So last night I come here, all geared up to write a really cool episode summary and the place is down. DAMN.: Oh well this is the best I can do now; since I may have forgotten some stuff. Before I mention anything else; it HAS to be said-Marissa is the DUMBEST girl EVER. Sorry but last night she brought it to new heights. Also between Kirsten and Julie, this show has THE hottest moms. Yes, even with Julie's hideous red hair, which surprisingly didn't bug me as much last night. Must be getting used to it (god forbid.)

Okay the show; basic summary. Ryan is in some serious trouble. He is suspended indefinitely and Sandy and Kirsten basically put him under house arrest. Sandy questions whether or not he should have let him into their lives but KIRSTEN (interestingly) is the one who assures him that Ryan is a good kid. Sandy keeps trying to get Ryan to speak to him but Ryan isn't used to having people take care of him or his problems so he's going about it alone and basically getting himself in more hot water. Meanwhile Oliver has Marissa wrapped around his finger. Ryan calls her on her cell and leaves a message; since she won't pick up. Oliver deletes it after reading it. It basically has Ryan asking Marissa to meet him in the school's library after school. Oliver instead shows up and does the whole "I could have pressed charges but didn't. I did you a favour. It's over with Marissa blah, blah, blah." Meanwhile Luke continues not liking Oliver and Summer and Anna are getting increasingly uncomfortable with him. Oliver convinces Marissa to blow of classes and spend the day around LA and OF COURSE she goes. Meanwhile Ryan; who MUST be desperate; appeals to Julie. She throws around the fact that Oliver is so wealthy and whatever but Ryan tells her about psycho boy cutting his wrists over a girl and buying cocaine. She says nothing but later we find out she actually pretended to be a parent for once. She called the school and basically found out Marissa blew off classes. Meanwhile Luke goes to confirm Ryan's suspicions that DUH there was no Natalie [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Ryan again instead of talking to anyone, goes to Marissa. She comes out all screaming because he spoke to her mother and how she's in trouble now because her mom knows she blew off classes(yes because that is a GOOD thing to do, dumbass. Where's Red Foreman when you need him.) He tries to tell her that Natalie was made up but she's not having it and dares to call him "pathetic" [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] . Oh I am so going to enjoy Ryan giving her the freeze out. Anyway, Julie comes out, tells her to get inside and Ryan to go home but she goes all "no I'll leave" and goes to Oliver. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Meanwhile Ryan looks up and Sandy's looking at him; NOT too impressed. Anyway, she's at Oliver's and Luke tells Ryan they need to do something but Ryan has pretty much reached his end; so Luke decides to go after her. He calls her on her cell and he too tells her there is no Natalie but she's all "don't you start too" [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] and tells him to go get her clothes from her house for her. Later when coming down to the desk to check if her clothes were there; it wasn't but what do you know, the concierge's name is Natalie. Yes lightbulb Marissa; so she asks the woman if her last name is Bishop and again what do you know it is and turns out she'd babysat little Oliver Trask for years. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] So a smart person would hightail it out of there FAST; but that goes against every stupid part of Marissa and she goes back to the room and tells Oliver that DUH there is no ex-girlfriend Natalie. Naturally he goes mental and she calms him down and tells him it's okay, she's not going anyway, he should go change; which he does. This people is where it gets BEYOND dumb. Oliver goes upstairs, the door is right there; instead Marissa calls Ryan to say he was right and that Oliver won't let her leave. DUMBASS the door is right there. Oliver comes rushing down with the gun, makes her hang up. Ryan though knows something is wrong and once again someone has to "rescue" Marissa; freaking victim. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Ryan wants to go it alone but Sandy's not giving him the keys and tells him he'll drive. They get there, eventually get inside and Oliver wants to kill himself but Ryan talks him out of it(unfortunately. I guess the rumours of him coming back are true. Great [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) and they take him away.

Meanwhile Julie who is beyond insufferable and suffocating to BOTH Kirsten and Caleb eventually has Caleb wanting to break up with her. However it seems the avoidance and non-confrontational thing started with him, then went to Kirsten and then Seth so he asks Kirsten to do it. She eventually attempts and basically puts in a way that Julie easily figured it out without Kirsten having to actually say the words. At the same time Caleb walks in and Julie goes off on both. She quits and lays into Caleb for not being a man. Anyway, when Luke comes to get Marissa's stuff, she's all sad and crying and they share a "moment." No kissing, just lusty stare. It was kind of icky but not totally disturbing.

Okay so the great S/S/A triangle. Seth actually made me feel bad for Anna; how freaking amazing was that. However it wasn't for when he was talking or as Sandy said flirting with Summer; infront of her. At the start of the episode, the two are walking through the hallways and Anna is doing her best supportive girlfriend, trying to give advice about the Ryan situation and Seth is just downright irritated with the girl. Eventually he snaps at her that she doesn't understand and she snaps back that she's trying. At the same time, they spot Marissa and Summer coming and Seth's face literally lights up when seeing Summer. They all stop and it's awkward because 1.Marissa that idiot dumped Ryan and everyone knows the situation and Ryan is practically related to Seth and 2.When they get to each other Seth and Summer give each other the widest smiles until both realize Anna is standing there; so they get weird. Anyway Seth starts saying "this is" and Summer finishes with "weird" and they do this interesting thing where they finish each other's thoughts for the next few seconds. Anna is NOT happy. Meanwhile since she has no boyfriend and no best friend apparently; Summer is desperate for someone to hang out with. So desperate in fact that she is willing to go to the comic book store with Seth and Anna. Yes, you read that right. They were just as shocked. Anyway, Sandy comes home and finds Seth "educating" Summer about comic books. He notices Anna on the couch and Seth and Summer, shoulders touching each other on the floor. Sandy is sympathetic to Anna and later whacks Seth upside the head when he asks if Summer could stay for dinner. The next time, all three are on the couch, but there is a noticeable space between Seth and Anna because he and Summer are so close, they're practically on each other. They do this little banter that may or may not have been delibrate flirting, I'm not sure. Sandy goes off on him in private for not treating Anna right and flirting with someone else infront of her. However most of Sandy's anger is because of Ryan and Seth tells him that. Btw, Seth goes all serious with his dad there when he says he's not discussing his relationship with him and I have to say a serious Adam Brody is quite hot. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Anyway Summer leaves so she has no clue when Ryan went after Marissa. However when Sandy calls to inform them everything was fine, Seth says he needs to call Summer and this sends Anna off. He uses the excuse that Summer is Marissa's best friend and she would want to know but Anna's not having it and tells him that Summer doesn't even know anything's wrong to begin with so it's not absolutely neccessary to call her. She's freaked by his first reaction to all the bad stuff that has just gone down is to call Summer. She basically says she's sick of "pretending" to be his girlfriend and leaves and if Seth was one-tenth interested in saving that relationship he would have made an ounce more effort in that moment than he did. Whew after all that I barely have strength for my observations but oh well;

Samaire roots BADLY needed to be done. It's sad because she was actually giving a pretty good performance when breaking up with Seth but I couldn't get past the bad dye job to appreciate it.

Funny line; Anna asking Sandy what he and Kirsten has in common. Sandy thinks about it and goes "we both love Seth." Anna already depressed about her relationship then asks well how do they work and Sandy informs her "you need patience to be with the Cohen men."

Okay since I pretty much said everything in the summary, I'll end with this. I think at some point on this show, the writers need to deal with Summer and Marissa's "friendship" because I am sorry, I am finding it increasingly hard to believe that at some point Summer isn't going to develop some kind of resentment towards Marissa. Summer is ready to beat people up for Marissa but she seems to take a backseat to EVERYTHING else in Marissa's life. It is really annoying and frustrating for me because Summer deserves more than that from Marissa.

Oh I forgot to add one interesting moment. When Sandy walks in on S/S/A (can't remember if it's the first or second); Anna says "hello Mr.Cohen" and Summer says "hello Sandy." I thought that was interesting and odd. She's comfortable enough to call him Sandy? Hmmm, fans of that unconventional pairing will love that.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:38 AM
Extreme Fan

lleykian, that's exactly when I felt bad for Anna. Seth just seemed downright annoyed by her. And then Summer came up and it's like...AWK-WARD. I still don't like Anna, but I did feel sorry for her. I still think the relationship was doomed from the start, so this isn't much of a surprise...but whatever.

Seth was kind of a jerk in this episode, probably the only episode I've ever actually disliked him. About the whole demise of the Anna/Seth relationship, I think it was both ways. Seth obviously still has feelings for Summer, he can't just put those away. But he should have been more considerate of Anna's feelings, even though I feel some of it was unintentional. And Anna has some insecurity issues to deal with. I mean she had every right to be upset when Seth is basically ignoring her and especially at the beginning, but I definitely sided with Seth when he wanted to call Summer to let her know Marissa is okay. Summer is Marissa's best friend, she ought to know straight away. Seth and Summer were together when Marissa had her overdose, so Seth knew that Summer should know about this, because they've already experienced this Marissa in Danger thing together, he would know how she feels. Anna wouldn't understand that though, but if Seth really wanted to save that relationship he would have said more than the two words he uttered.

But I do feel sorry for Anna. She doesn't deserve to be treated like that, and I downright loathe the girl.

Can't say I'm not happy though.

Formerly: The OC | The Office
Currently: The 100
Old 02-10-2004, 09:39 AM
New Fan

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the summary!! Just what I needed to hold me over til tomorrow night.

"And if you got the Cuervo honey, I got the lime.
These are desperate, desperate times.
And if you got the shotgun honey, I got the crime.
These are desperate, desperate times."
Old 02-10-2004, 10:28 AM
Banned

_kwyjibo_I understand completely what you're saying. Man isn't that something though; Seth had to be really out of line to have US of all people feeling for Anna. However I like how she broke up with him. There was more anger than sadness, more indignation than a need to be self-sacrificing. I pretty much called this before anyway. I knew when they broke up, it would be because Anna had to save whatever pride she had left and stand up for herself. I will say this though; I don't believe that Seth was delibrately flirting with Summer infront of Anna or being delibrately insensitive. I think as has been the case for many episodes with Seth, when Summer is around everyone else fades into the back.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:11 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by lleykian:
I think as has been the case for many episodes with Seth, when Summer is around everyone else fades into the back.
Aww! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Beautifully said and so true.

"And if you got the Cuervo honey, I got the lime.
These are desperate, desperate times.
And if you got the shotgun honey, I got the crime.
These are desperate, desperate times."
Old 02-10-2004, 12:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

lleykian -

Thank you so much for the summary! I can't wait until I see the episode tomorrow night! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

the ew snippet is comic gold! hee!
Old 02-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by lleykian:
<STRONG>However I like how she broke up with him. There was more anger than sadness, more indignation than a need to be self-sacrificing. I pretty much called this before anyway. I knew when they broke up, it would be because Anna had to save whatever pride she had left and stand up for herself. I will say this though; I don't believe that Seth was delibrately flirting with Summer infront of Anna or being delibrately insensitive. I think as has been the case for many episodes with Seth, when Summer is around everyone else fades into the back.</STRONG>
I also figured that's how it would be. People were saying maybe she'll step aside and tell him to go after Summer or whatever, but I never thought that. I may not like Anna, but I know she's not stupid enough to continue dating Seth with the way things are. To let Seth string her along while he pines for Summer, dude, I mean she had to go out with what dignity she had left. And I also agree that his flirting seemed unintentional. But he should have been more aware of his actions and Anna's feelings. (i seriously disliked him at the beginning..)

Also, people have been talking about Summer worming her way in to break up Seth and Anna, the only time Summer was "worming" her way into anything, was during the Palm Springs trip, and she had every right to. The two of them are going around behind her back for 2 weeks before they tell her, after Anna, who she thought was her friend, went to Seth on New Years, and then after telling her they're all just gonna be friends, Seth is saying, yeah Anna came over, you know how it is. She was hurt, she didn't owe them one damn thing. And that was just that weekend she wanted to ruin. Obviously by the end Seth and Anna were still together. She wasn't setting out to break them up. I mean afterwards, she's trying to date, trying to get over Seth. Then Seth got jealous and messed up Summer's chance at moving on (which I thought was totally unfair, I liked Danny [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]), and then in this episode her best friend basically tells her she doesn't have time for her (Marissa is such a butt). I mean we already know that leads her to want to hang out with them, she makes the comment about Oliver having Marissa all to himself, she just misses her friend, she's lonely. Asking if she could come isn't worming her way into anything if they're all supposed to be friends. And she didn't even try to flirt with Seth, he was the one doing it all. Like you said, lleykian, she was genuinely trying not to step on anyones toes, like asking if it was really okay if she could stay for dinner, and then when she and Anna both laughed at what Seth said, she quickly stopped when Anna looked at her.

..basically what my little rant is about, I don't think it's fair to say Summer was trying to sabotage their relationship. Seth came out looking like the ass in all of this. And however much I dislike Anna, I have to respect her for standing up for herself. She didn't deserve that kind of treatment.

Formerly: The OC | The Office
Currently: The 100
Old 02-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Supreme Fan

wait, summer and seth didn't have sex? wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dude, that's what i've been looking forward to for, like, 3 weeks!

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Here are some bits and pieces from 'The LA':

21. The LA

------

JULIE: This bottle is empty. I'll get another.

Celeb turns away. Julie spins. Nose to nose (through glass) with Luke. She head nods to her right -- crosses off --

INT. COHEN HOUSE - KITCHEN -- CONTINUOUS (N2)

Julie strides quickly through the kitchen to the family room. Bypassing Marco and his Prep Cooks. Lands at the door by the family room table. Luke lands with her. Her shadow, indeed. She opens the door -- whispering --

JULIE: What the hell are you doing here?

LUKE: We need to talk.

JULIE: Wait outside my house. Hide in the bushes or something. Go.

She slams the door shut. Looks at Marco. Smiles.

------

INT. ESCALAD/EXT. DEEP - V.I.P. ENTRANCE -- NIGHT (N2)

Marissa with a BOUNCER (ED). A few hipsters want in.

ED: (to Marissa) I told you. VIP's only --

Ryan approaches. Unsure of what's next. Marissa sees him.

Marissa: Omigod. OH. MY. GOD. (hugs Ryan) I love you so much. You're my favorite character -- (To Ed) Do you watch The Valley?

ED: No. I have a job?

Marissa: He is the best. You are -- (takes him in) A little shorter than I imagined. But still. So hot.

RYAN: Thanks.

ED: You here for the party?

Ryan nods. As Ed unclips the rope --

MARISSA: It would mean so much if I could came with you -- I love your show --

Ryan looks to Ed. Ed smiles. Leans into Ryan.

ED: Take advantage, kid. You're only a teen idol once.

Ed waves them both in. Marissa giddy. As they enter.

------

FADE IN:

INT. DEEP -- NIGHT (N2)

Ryan and Hailey remain almost nose to nose.

RYAN: What are you --

HAILEY: What are you --

A club manager, JESSE (30's), comes by. Nice Armani suit. Wanted to be an actor, never worked out, now he just acts like an *******.

JESSE: Keep it moving Hailey. Couples pay extra...

Hailey nods. Forces a nervous smile. Turns to Ryan.

HAILEY: Gotta go...

She straightens -- moves on... Takes a look back at Ryan.

Marissa: Do you know here or --

RYAN: That's Kirstin's sister.

MARISSA: Hailey?

Hailey disappears into the crowd. They look at each other.

MARISSA: (CONT'D) What do we do?

RYAN: I'm not sure... Where's Seth?

As they head off into the club --

------

INT. DEEP - V.I.P. AREA -- CONTINUOUS (N2)

Another part of the club. Summer with Grady. Hi-fiving everyone around him... Grady scopes Summer out

SETH: Dude. You got a clean slate. I'd procure yourself a little private dance with -- (suddenly horrified) Omigod. It's Hailey!

Hailey has turned. Sees Seth. This just got worse...

RYAN: That's what I wanted to tell you.

Seth crosses to Hailey. Ryan and Marissa follow.

SETH: What are you doing?

HAILEY: What are you doing? Does your mom know you're here?

SETH: Does she know you're here?

HAILEY: She doesn't care. That's why she cut me off and threw me out.

RYAN: Look -- I'm sure if she knew what you were doing, she'd change her mind --

HAILEY: What's wrong with what I'm doing? I make good money. I'm on my own --

SETH: You can't be a stripper. You're someone's aunt. Mine! look. Let me just grab my girlfirend, we'll figure it out --

Jesse appears. Not happy.

Jesse: Get out there. What, are you tired? You didn't do enough coke today?

He takes her arm. Rough. The kids thrown by this...

HAILEY: (embarrassed) Jesse, lay off. Come on.

SETH: That's a relative of mine.

JESSE: Move it, Hailey. Back to work.

RYAN: Why don't you quit telling her what to do --

JESSE: Excuse me? You gotta problem?

RYAN: Yeah. I do.

SETH: No. He doesn't. We just need to grab my girlfriend, grab my aunt -- more gently than say, you -- and we're leaving --

JESSE: No. You're leaving. Right now.

------

EXT. DEEP -- NIGHT (N2)

Jesse FORCES the kids out the front door. A BOUNCER by the velvet rope.

JESSE: I don't want to see these guys back in the club.

Jesse goes back. The DOOR SLAMS SHUT. The BOUNCER looming before them. OFF THE THREE KIDS -- what now?

------

INT. DEEP -- NIGHT (N2)

Ryan and Marissa navigate the club -- see Hailey core out of the bathroom. In jeans and a tank top. Sees them.

HAILEY: What are you guys doing?

RYAN: We came back to get you.

HAILEY: You guys are really sweet with this whole, "Save the Stripper" campaign. But I'm fine -- (sees Jesse) Go. Quick. before he sees you --

Marissa: Not without you --

Jesse clocks them. Bee-lines.

Jesse: What the hell are you doing back here? Huh?

Hailey: Jesse. C'mon --

He shoves Ryan. Ryan shoves Jesse back.

JESSE: Okay. We're gonna have a problem --

------

EXT. DEEP -- NIGHT (N2)

Jesse tossed Ryan out. As Ryan steps up to him -- the big Bouncer steps in. Marissa and Hailey follow.

JESSE: What are you gonna do now -- ?

Ryan's head is chest level with the bouncer. He's not going to do much.

JIMMY: (O.C.) What are you gonna do? Hit a kid?

Ryan, Marissa, and Hailey turn to see Jimmy approach.

JIMMY: (CONT'D) In front of these paparazzi? Wouldn't be such a good idea.

MARISSA: Dad.

Jimmy walks up. Puts his arm around her.

JESSE: What are you, the dad?

JIMMY: What are you? The guy who's my age and still thinks he's 25?

JESSE: Keep your kids out of my club.

Jesse sulks off. Seth and Summer come around the corner of the club --

SUMMER: Omigod!. You guys!

JIMMY: Why don't you guys head back? I'll give Hailey a lift...

Marissa and Ryan nods. As they walk towards Seth and Summer -- they turn back to see -- JIMMY nad HAILEY hug. Marissa and Ryan share a look... Huh... On JIMMY and HAILEY --

SOURCE: FanBolt.com

I want to know how they all end up at a strip club to begin with and it sounds like Hailey may have a bit of a drug problem....