Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Ok, just let me make sure so i can do my happy dance. Summer picks Seth...right!!!! i'm going to assume that the answer is yes and do my happy dance. [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2004, 04:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Obviously, we all should have known that Summer would have chosen Seth over popularity because she was fighting over him with Anna. There would have been no other way. Plus how interesting would that be? summer and seth go out for a little while behind everyones backs and when its time to choose between seth and popularity she chose popularity and then thats the end of that relationshiP! lol.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Well, god I am bad. I was supposed to be strong and everything but here I am on the spoilers board. Bad Dom !!!! LOL Anyway, my description on my satellite for The Rivals tonight on CTV showed me that Seth and Anna were clearly on the way of a break up. It had to happen but see the thing is, I think the writers are going way too fast with everything. I mean Ryan and Marissa got together and now look at what they have become? Marissa is a clueless pathetic human being and she deserves in no way a guy as great as Ryan so why root for them? I don't know... And now Seth and Summer will get together? What do we have left to explore. I mean do we really believe that Seth and Summer will be all fun to watch all the time if all they do is suck faces? I think the writers are backing themselves in a corner and I really want to see how they will get out of this one. I mean the show is in its first season with probably many more to come... Are we going to have to suffer Ryan and Marissa and Summer and Seth on and off for many years? God help us out right now. I would have much prefer a real Anna and Seth story where everybody learn from it and after that some alone time for everyone and maybe some friendships... and after that, maybe next season, Seth and Summer could have gotten together. I think everything is happening way too fast right now.

Of and if I was Summer I would never ever feel ashamed of Seth. I cannot believe she will think twice about kissing him. That is the Summer I know of course but as someone who has shown us that she wants Seth and she is jealous, I don't get how she could think twice about him now that she has him.

I really feel bad for Anna! I really do because her character is great IMO and she was just there unfortunetly to play a part between Seth and Summer. I wish they would have explored her more and it would have been really nice to see Seth fall in love with someone else besides Summer for the first time and see him have his first heartbreak and grow from it. I think it would have been perfect IMO. How sad that Anna was never given a real chance. I will miss Samaire a lot... Her unique ways will be missed for sure.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Kristen is playing nintendo with Ryan omg it's going to be funny to watch these two become closer and closer and closer [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I will never get bored to see Seth and Summer together and I don't think that all they will do is kiss maybe at first but... I don't think it's too fast I mean I've been waiting for this since the first episode. And about the popularity thing I can understand that she has to think twice about it I mean she is probably popular since she is a kid and she have to think about her past to let it down and see the futur. Plus when you are a teen popularity is a big deal evenif some people say that they don't care they do everyone like to be popular and have the impression that people care for you and when you grow up for a lot of people it changes for good. I agree that Anna should stay or at least come back and maybe being friend with luke and get with luke, that would be cool.

Can't wait only 2 hours to wait!!!

Caro [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-19-2004: Message edited SilverCaro ]

Seth & Summer
Old 01-19-2004, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

They could've made a really great character out of Anna, but they didn't. I don't think I'll miss her that much when she's gone either, not only because I dislike her, but her only interaction was really with Seth and then later Summer. All the other characters have connections with each other, and it just makes sense that without one of them, a large element of the show could go to scraps. I don't see that happening when Anna leaves, but I blame the writers.

And I doubt that Summer and Seth will be boring. They've kissed and none of the times was it boring, but entertaining. Summer had plenty of chances to just make-out with him before Anna came, and she didn't. They actually talked, and I'm sure that will continue. Especially with all the R/M problems, that's something to talk about. I'm sorry we'll see a lot of physical stuff at first, because that's just how new couples are.

As for "true love" or what not. These kids are in high school. You only meet your true love in high school if you're in Roswell, Dawson's Creek, or just very lucky. One in a million. Also, everyone's interpretation of love is different. But why can't it just be about having fun when you're in high school? Being with someone who makes you laugh, who can cheer you up, who you care for. Let's not forget that Summer is a teenager, and I'm a teenager myself, sometimes we do get caught up in the shallow things. It's only human.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Exactly. This is high school. Even though I'm still involved with someone from high school, I can't believe how many shows make it like you're tied to people in high school for the rest of your life. Dawson's Creek, Saved by the Bell, etc. etc.

OT: Sibby, I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] your sig. Yay for Hand Puppet LOTR!

[ 01-19-2004: Message edited ~ Chickie ~ ]
Old 01-19-2004, 09:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by In Fair Verona:
<STRONG>
As for "true love" or what not. These kids are in high school. You only meet your true love in high school if you're in Roswell, Dawson's Creek, or just very lucky. One in a million. Also, everyone's interpretation of love is different. But why can't it just be about having fun when you're in high school? Being with someone who makes you laugh, who can cheer you up, who you care for. Let's not forget that Summer is a teenager, and I'm a teenager myself, sometimes we do get caught up in the shallow things. It's only human.</STRONG>
Oh yes, you do meet your true love on Roswell. Go Maria and Michael [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] .
Old 01-19-2004, 09:36 PM
Banned

Umm okay WOW. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Interesting episode. There was SO much going on, it's a little hard to wrap my brain around it all but here goes.

Okay so the battle of psycho Oliver versus Ryan continued. As we all know Ryan read Oliver's file and was caught. Sandy and Kirsten were naturally upset but Sandy made it clear in no uncertain terms that they weren't going to kick him out. It was a really sweet moment in an otherwise messed up night for Ryan. After the whole breaking in the school files incident, he saw Oliver give Marissa a letter and steals it. Seth tells him to put it back but of course temptation is too strong, he reads it and it has Oliver saying how in love he is with this girl. He tells Seth but Seth is not having it. Incidentally Seth isn't so much as taking Oliver's side as much as he's trying to talk sense into Ryan because he feels he's acting out of control and getting himself in major trouble. Which, let's be honest, he is. In any case Marissa eventually finds out about the breaking into the school files when the principal talks to her about Oliver and Ryan's concerns, etc. She's all in a huff and insists that even if Ryan doesn't trust Oliver, he should trust her. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Ryan throws the letter in her face and she's all mad because she realizes he'd been in her locker. Plus she informs him that the letter was really for Natalie (RIGHT [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) and Oliver just wanted her to read it. Ryan feels like an ass, Marissa goes all "I can't do this anymore" and leaves because apparently she doesn't trust him anymore. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] In any case they're kind of broken up, Ryan sees Oliver in the lounge of the school (I assume that's what it is and let me say my school lounge was NEVER that fancy)and apologizes for thinking he'd come to Harbour for Marissa and that he was in love with her. Oliver more or less admits that he is, goes on some psychotic speech about he and stick-figure girl being connected and that Ryan should just give up and not throw his life away on some girl he won't even remember in ten years (now I have to say THAT part I agreed with the psycho on). He walks away all smirking and of course you know that red-hot Chino blood [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] of Ryan's, and the next thing he's all over that little freak. Sadly they were separated. The little punk did get some good blows. Of course dumb girl (that would be Marissa) comes running in and looking at Ryan like he's insane while comforting Oliver. SPARE ME. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Okay so Jimmy and Sandy are officially in business together after Jimmy initially getting cold feet. Julie asks to do this design job that Kirsten has to hire her for and Kirsten is positive she'll mess up. She does but Kiki being who she is, helps her out, so of course Caleb loves it and decides they should hire Julie as their permanent designer. Kirsten is NONE too happy.

Okay Seth. Mmmm, interesting. I wouldn't say Seth was so much jealous as just annoyed and confused by that guy. Can't say I blame him but the guy making an ass of himself was great for Seth's reactions. Basically Seth is not impressed with Danny and doesn't understand why Summer, Luke and Anna are. Anna thinks it's because he's jealous but he insists he isn't. Too prove to her he isn't he invites Danny to his house. Danny meets Sandy who is NOT impressed either. Eventually Danny cuts the jokes (THANK GOD) to inform Seth that when around Summer if he could be less funny. Seth's confused and Danny goes on to tell him that all Summer does is talk about how funny Seth is and even mentions Captain Oats. So apparently Danny's obnoxious behaviour has been to impress Summer who he really likes. Seth goes completely mean and instead of telling Danny that he's really overdoing it with the humour, tells him he's not being "big" enough causing the guy to make a bigger ass of himself and be even more obnoxious. Naturally by the end of the episode Summer is none too impressed and laments about ending up bitter and alone. She and Seth share a really beautiful moment. Throughout all this Seth is going through this thing of worrying about whether or not he and Anna are TOO similar and lamenting that they don't disagree about anything. Honestly the people even dress alike. It's a little freaky.

Okay observations;

Loved Luke having Ryan back.Too funny. My how times have changed. This was the same Luke beating up Ryan months ago but here he was offering to beat up Oliver for Ryan. Ryan looked slightly amused. However at least Luke alone seems to see the big picture with Oliver, even though his method of helping is no smarter than Ryan's. Hey it's the thought that counts.

OMG could I love Sandy and Seth moments anymore? Sandy telling Seth how Danny is so not funny. Sandy goes "he makes Ryan look funny." Seth "he makes Marissa seem funny." Sandy "Gentiles son. Your mom, love her to death but so not funny." Classic. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I refuse to comment about Mariss anymore. Honestly, I mean what's the point. It certainly drives me more insane that aside from her being dumb, Mischa's acting really sucks so that just adds to my being generally annoyed by this character.

I see Julie still has the hideous red hair, huh? Oh well. If Anna's makeup hasn't improved I can't expect this to change in one episode.

Speaking of Anna, Samaire was surprisingly subdued with the head movements and over enunciating tonight. Okay this is nothing to do with Seth/Summer or Seth/Anna but I really don't understand Seth and Anna's relationship. Really. I mean honestly if the writers are doing this to really make their break-up believable they're really overdoing it. Honestly it's like half the time they're like two casual friends pretending to be in a relationship or they're really acting like siblings. I mean Seth actually patted Anna's head tonight. I am NOT kidding. It is just an odd relationship. However hooray for the fashion improvements tonight and the conversations.

Seth first meeting Danny was priceless. Here was Summer, Anna and Luke dying over Danny's so-called "comedy" and Seth who so didnot get it; trying to be funny too and everyone looking at him like he's the freak. I mean even Anna wasn't laughing at the boy's jokes. So sad, in a very amusing way of course. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I am now convinced these writers read boards like this. Honestly I literally laughed out loud when Seth questioned to Ryan whether he was dating a female version of himself. I mean that was classic Forums4Fans man. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Seth and Summer's moment was nice. I liked when she was watching him talk to Anna. Nice show of emotion by her. Wasn't overdone, subtle but enough to convey the right emotions. There actually wasn't that much of Summer this episode which defies the idea that she was dating Danny to make Seth jealous. Good for her but really Summer, I love you, but THAT guy? What was the girl thinking. Oh yes she was trying to replace Seth that's it but alas there is but just one Seth Cohen. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It's funny though, in one conversation Seth and Summer had more chemistry than Seth has had with Anna in the last two episodes.

MAN that was long. Told you alot happened. I'm sure this place has tripled in pages since I started writing this.
Old 01-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Wow new thread already! It's hard to keep up.

Buffy, 30 Rock, Grey's Anatomy, Veronica, Angel, Famke, Disney, Lost, X-Men, Scrubs, ER, and much more icons!
Old 01-19-2004, 09:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Awesome summary...thank you for posting [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I can't wait.

While watching AI, I saw the preview with Kirsten and Ryan playing video games...ohhh [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~ Chickie ~:
<STRONG>
While watching AI, I saw the preview with Kirsten and Ryan playing video games...ohhh [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]</STRONG>
i'm mad i missed it! did they show anything else?
Pam: What are you doing? What do you expect me to say to that?
Jim: I just needed you to know... once
Old 01-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I am now convinced these writers read boards like this. Honestly I literally laughed out loud when Seth questioned to Ryan whether he was dating a female version of himself. I mean that was classic Forums4Fans man
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

So Seth/Summer both try to sabatage each other relationships?

I haven't seen the ep but it seems that when S/A break up there will be no doubts that they're not right for each other. I think it will be mutual.

Thanks for the recap lleykian
Old 01-19-2004, 09:52 PM
Extreme Fan

lleykian, have i told you how much i love you lately? well if i havent, I FREAKIN LOVE YOU! I've been sitting here for like an hour and half waiting for some of my good friends up north to give me something to chew till tomorrow morning when i watch the ep! bless you sweet lleykian [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

by the way, what was the little "moment" that s/s share exactly?? and how does summer break up with this danny boy? and why is she looking at seth talk to anna or ...??

i'm just trying to get visuals here..

Formerly: The OC | The Office
Currently: The 100
Old 01-19-2004, 09:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by In Fair Verona:
<STRONG>They could've made a really great character out of Anna, but they didn't. I don't think I'll miss her that much when she's gone either, not only because I dislike her, but her only interaction was really with Seth and then later Summer. All the other characters have connections with each other, and it just makes sense that without one of them, a large element of the show could go to scraps. I don't see that happening when Anna leaves, but I blame the writers.

</STRONG>
ITA with this. Anna had so much potential but it was wasted. I don't hate her, but I don't love her either, she's just...there.

That being said, I haven't seen the entire episode yet, but from the parts I've seen I feel bad for Anna. It's not Seth or Summer's fault that they still have feeling for each other and Anna's caught in the middle of it.

Danny was over the top, and not funny at all. He comes across as a jackass IMO.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Extreme Fan

thank you so much for the summary. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread